Start by marking “A Stitch in Time (A Stitch in Time, #1)” as Want to Read:
A Stitch in Time (A Stitch in Time, #1)

A Stitch in Time

(Thorne Manor #1)

Thorne Manor has always been haunted...and it has always haunted Bronwyn Dale. As a young girl, Bronwyn could pass through a time slip in her great-aunt’s house, where she visited William Thorne, a boy her own age, born two centuries earlier. After a family tragedy, the house was shuttered and Bronwyn was convinced that William existed only in her imagination.

Now, twenty
Published October 13th 2020 by K.L.A. Fricke Inc

To ask other readers questions about A Stitch in Time, please sign up.
Chrissy Yes, definitely. This is a complete story with an ending, no cliffhanger. The next book in the series will be a companion novel about different main c…moreYes, definitely. This is a complete story with an ending, no cliffhanger. The next book in the series will be a companion novel about different main characters.(less)

Start your review of A Stitch in Time (A Stitch in Time, #1)
Navessa

A few months ago, I wrote a blog post about gothic romance and how it might be the next hit romance subgenre. At first I thought that might just be wishful thinking on my part, but I got enough interaction with the post and on Twitter that I know I’m not alone in wanting more mystery-shrouded castles and brooding, haunted heroes in my reading life.

After publishing it, I’ve been slowly working my way through the titles on that list. I started with Master of Salt & Bones . It was a five-star re
Madison Warner Fairbanks
A Stitch in Time by Kelley Armstrong

A time-slip mystery. First in the series.
Bronwyn has inherited an old house she remembers having a ghost when she visited as a young girl. They were friends and playmates. Now that she has returned to Thorne Manor she finds she still has the ability to slip through time and interact with William in his time. They are the same age and resume their friendship which turns into more.
More than one ghost inhabits Thorne Manor and not all are friendly. When a myst
Maureen Carden
Oct 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
In a A Stitch in Time (A Stitch in Time, #1) Kelley Armstrong has managed to write an old fashioned ghost story, mixed with time travel and a love story, seasoned with a haunted house mystery. Armstrong has a talent for making the paranormal, the frightening, and the unusual all seem normal. Or almost normal.
I really want to forget this book, so that I can read it fresh to enjoy again. At my age forgetting would normally take a couple of weeks, but this pleasurable book will stay with me. That
aarya
CW: (view spoiler)

“Is that what you think this is? A time slip.”

“More like a stitch in time.”

“Saves nine?” I manage a smile. “Fix something today, while the problem is small, to avoid a larger fix later. That proverb has nothing to do with time travel, though.”

Freya picks up two decorative cushions. “Imagine this pillow is Thorne Manor
Mlpmom (Book Reviewer)
A historical fiction written by not only an amazing author but an author that is also one of the best for mysteries and original concepts? Yes please! Add in romance and some paranormal woo hoo and you have a read that kept me reading long into the night because I just couldn't put it down, creepy ghosts be darned.

A story that truly is the epitome of why book hangovers are a thing.

This story! This story! Where do I even begin except to say that I am so very thankful Armstrong took a chance and
Melindeeloo
Oct 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I really liked this story with ghosts, a mystery, and a romance that reaches across time. I was enchanted by both leads, a widowed college professor who inherits an haunted old English manor - part of her charm is her love for the place and her comfort with herself - and the English Lord she's been slipping through time to visit since they were children - he is intense but also very appealing. They have such a strong connection, even outside the physical, and that made the romance special. And I ...more
☕️Kimberly
Loved it. Full RTC.
Hayley Sykes
Oct 08, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Imagine being thirty-eight years old and returning to your aunt's home that she has just willed to you in a quaint village in England. This is where we find our narrator Bronwyn. The reader quickly finds out though that this home does not hold all good memories for Bronwyn. The last time she was in the house a great tragedy happened, a tragedy that changed the course of her life forever and altered the person that she is today.

Twenty-three years ago Bronwyn was at the home of her Aunt Judith an
Kathleen Minde
A sweet blend of mystery, time travel, the paranormal, and a romance that lasts through the years, A Stitch In Time is the latest from Kelley Armstrong and it is just lovely.

Spending her childhood summers at Thorne Manor, Bronwyn Dale grew up with good memories, painful tragedy, and a startling secret that kept her away for 23 years. After inheriting the mansion from her beloved aunt, Bronwyn takes a furlough from her teaching position at a university in Toronto and returns to Thorne Manor to pu
Carolyn
Oct 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: armstrong-kelley
Oh my goodness! This is OUTSTANDING!!!

I fell in love with Kelley Armstrong's writing with her fantastic "Rockton Series." (I can't wait for the next one in that truly unique series.) So, when I saw that she was writing something out of her usual genre, I jumped on it. And, she nailed this one. Gothic, murder/mystery, time traveling (or, time slips as it is referred to here), suspense, ghosts and romance are all encapsulated in this page turner. I loved that the heroine was not a young, innocent,
itskoo
Sep 26, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
**I was provided a copy of the book through Netgalley for an honest review.**

A Stitch in Time is a story for those who are faint of heart but still want to enjoy a book with ghosts in it. It’s not terribly scary—this comes from someone timid about anything frightening—so the book is certified for reading alone at night but just to be safe you should leave the light on. The ghosts won’t have you hiding under the covers, but they’re creepy enough that you’ll shrink into yourself to get away from t
jenny✨
new kelley armstrong book WHAAAAAAT
Rayne
Sep 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
A Stitch in Time is a hard one to categorize. It is a heartfelt and warm book, with a solid core of sappy romance that screams healthy communication and respecting boundaries. It is also LGBT inclusive and goes out of its way to challenge our intrepid main character on her stance. Or at the very least, make her commit to it. It was a little ham-handed but ultimately well meaning and welcome.

The utter likable nature of our characters is only allowed to flourish given our lack of conflict through
Karina Webster
Oct 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2020-favourites
Finished in one sitting! This so was so much fun. Achingly romantic & worryingly suspenseful at the same time. Loved it! ...more
Skye ~ Court of Binge Reading
Thank you to the publisher for sending me a copy in exchange for an honest review.

A Stitch in Time was the perfect blend of romance and mystery--with a side of ghosts and time-travel. It’s as if Kelley Armstrong knew what I needed in my life, and she decided to put it all into one book. If you know me, then you know that ghosts and romance are two of my favorite story components. So, once I saw those two things combined with the fact that this is a book by Kelley Armstrong, I was sold. I had t
Mallory
Sep 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I’ll admit to being beyond ecstatic when I received a copy of this book. I’ve been dying to read it since I got a sneak peak at the first few chapters. I love this author and while this book was completely different than anything I’ve read from her before one of her greatest strengths is her range and flexibility as a writer. This was a fun to read mystery and romance of a couple trapped on opposite sides of time. Bronwyn has inherited her aunt’s home which she hasn’t visited since tragedy struc ...more
Jennifer Ashburn
Oct 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The best time travel mystery I have read!

It’s hard to imagine loving a book that’s not in my “preferred genre” as much as I can honestly say I loved this one!!
Honestly though, there has not yet been a book that Kelley Armstrong has written that I have not loved, Ive just never fallen IN love with the characters quite so much.
This story is a Time Slip novel. The main character, Bronwyn, grows up spending her summers at her aunt and uncle’s manor house. A place where she finds herself a wonderf
Chelsea
Sep 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I haven't read a book as quickly as I did A Stich in Time by Kelley Armstrong in a long time. Thank you Netgalley for the opportunity. First off, let me say the Kelley Armstrong is one of my favorite authors, anything she writes I gobble it up. It doesn't matter what genre, it's her writing that makes every book delightful to read. This book was no exception. I have never read a romantic historical mystery before, not my cup of tea. Yet when written by Armstrong, it's fabulous. Her character Bro ...more
Mimi
Shelves: netgalley
A Stitch in Time is a cleverly conceived novel which is a combination of time-travel, haunted house, ghost story, murder mystery, and romance. With all sorts of red herrings throughout the narrative, it kept me guessing the killer’s/killers’ identity until the very end. The description of the novel provides a good synopsis that is intriguing without saying too much. I don’t want to give away any spoilers so all I'll say is that if you’re a fan of Kelley Armstrong’s paranormal novels, this is one ...more
Victoria Papers
Oct 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I devoured this book in two days. When I finished I wanted to slam my coffee mug on the ground and demand "ANOTHER!" It's got all my favorite things - physically imperfect and highly intelligent heroine, spooky shit, murders most foul, hot dudes in their 30s, sex in a library, magic, and kittens.

Kittens!

I really didn't expect to like this book quite as much as I did, but I will absolutely be reading it again and absolutely getting a physical copy when and if paperbacks are offered.

It's not a
Darcy
I've read a couple of different books with this premise, time travel love story and have liked them. However for most of this one I was bored. Just when I was about to dnf this one it started to pickup and what you ask made things better for me...well finding out some people were murdered. I wanted to know who the killer was. When everything finally came out I was a bit sad, so much lost time. I was glad that Bronwyn and William were able to figure things out and find some happy, both deserved i ...more
Kait Nolan
Shelves: 2020, audio
I LOVED this!
Erika DeVore
Sep 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
“I’m here. I will always be here. You need only to step across and find me, and that’s all I’ll ever ask of you. That you come back for as long as you want to, and you let me know if that changes.”

I was provided an ARC by the NetGalley-all opinions are my own.

As someone who regularly loves Victorian romance and anything paranormal, this book literally sang to me when I decided to pick it up. (And couldn’t put it down-I finished in under 48 hours)

Kelley does an amazing job at world building-I h
Anne
Sep 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
***I dislike reviews where someone gives a one star review and stops reading a book because they didn't know there'd be LGBTQ characters. There are two secondary characters that fall into the LGBTQ category. I thought it was introduced organically into the story and felt "real". If you have issues with such characters, despite an estimated 15% of the world population falling into that category, this may not be the book for you.***

It has been decades since I've read a time traveling romance and s
Karissa
Sep 22, 2020 rated it really liked it
Series Info/Source: I got an eGalley of this book to review through NetGalley.com. This is the first book in A Stitch in Time series by Armstrong. The book stands alone well. I have been a huge fan of all of Armstrong’s books except her Women of the Otherworld series. This is Armstrong’s first foray into gothic romance.

Story (4/5): Bronwyn used to spend time with a boy named William at Thorne Manor, but after a tragic incident, she was convinced that he wasn’t real. Now Bronwyn has inherited Tho
Gail C.
Oct 22, 2020 rated it really liked it
Three and a half stars, rounded to four.
What genre is this book? Is it a mystery? A romance? A time travel? A ghost story? In truth, it’s all these things delightfully woven together into a story that transcends genres, as well as time. There’s the action that takes place in the modern era, when protagonist Bronwyn Dale inherits Thorne Manor, an estate she used to visit when she was a child. Her visits ended in tragedy when she saw her uncle fall from the second floor; or was he pushed by a ghos
T Nightbird
Oct 25, 2020 rated it it was ok
Kelley Armstrong is one of my favorites, she writes a bit of everything and in this sense, I actually admire her talent. She writes beautiful and imaginative stories that can easily draw you into this magical world you are reading about. I had loved her Darkest Powers series when I was much younger, and I love her Rockton Series too.
Therefore, I was really excited about her new Time Travel themed book. Unfortunately, though it soon proved to be a HUGE disappointment.
The plot sounded promising,
Lindsey Gray
Sep 19, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5 Stars!

I’m a huge fan of time travel. Walking through stones like in Outlander or traveling through space and time in a blue box. I love it all. I’ve read stories and watched movies and shows about the theory of time travel. In this novel, time travel is revealed in a way I’ve never seen before.

Imagine there is a place where two timelines run parallel to each other. One in the present and one two hundred years in the past. Not just anybody could slip through time, only one who is sensitive or
Lindsey Gray
Sep 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
4.5 Stars!

Ágnes
Oct 17, 2020 rated it liked it
Real rating: 3,5*

What is this about?
Bronwyn inherits a manor where as a kid, she used to go back in time. Now, she reunites with her childhood sweetheart, William, and gets an adorable kitten.

Pros:
- A very fun and easy read. I couldn't put the book down!
- The interaction between Bronwyn and William is fun, even though childhood sweethearts getting back together is not my cup of tea. (You could ask why I picked this book up then, the answer because it's Kelley Armstrong, duh!)
- Time-traveling ki
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• Midnight Sun (Twilight, #5)
  • A Beautifully Foolish Endeavor (The Carls, #2)
  • The Girl from Widow Hills
  • The Dilemma
  • Girl, Serpent, Thorn
  • The Wife Stalker
  • Sapphire Flames (Hidden Legacy, #4)
  • Reached (Matched, #3)
  • Bone Crier's Moon (Bone Grace, #1)
  • Darksoul (The Godblind Trilogy, #2)
  • Menagerie (Menagerie, #1)
  • The Fox and the Bowman
  • Crimes Against Magic (Hellequin Chronicles, #1)
  • The Breaking of the Sky (Raven's Mark, #0.2)
  • Godblind (Godblind, #1)
  • Bloodchild
  • The Perfect Escape
  • Wicked Saints (Something Dark and Holy, #1)