Jump to ratings and reviews

Then There Was You

They grew up together, that boy with silver eyes and the girl with golden hair. Friends forever, or so they thought until their worlds came crashing down, teaching them a hard lesson. If you hurt the one you love, deliberately or not, your mistakes can be too monumental to overcome.

For Gage Harrison and Danica Lorry, leaving their youthful past behind them, only to be back in Cedar Point as adults, had its challenges. But they’d managed to obtain new roles to play. Then Danica found herself thrust into a series of earth-shattering events, leaving Gage no choice but to do what he did best—protect her.

Amid the storm, will the two of them step out on that shaky limb called love? And if so, will their feelings for one another be the one thing they can count on when unforeseen circumstances strike their lives yet again?

367 pages, Kindle Edition

13 books49 followers

Ratings & Reviews

What do you think?

Friends & Following

Create a free account to discover what your friends think of this book!

5 stars
Displaying 1 - 8 of 8 reviews
Profile Image for Lisa.
2,652 reviews5 followers
November 9, 2020
While I absolutely loved this story I was also frustrated with it. The going back in times sections were annoying and disrupting to the flow of the story. Many times I was trying to remember if I was in the present or past. There is a big “Gotcha” moment near the end and I really don’t think it would have been ruined if the story was told in a part 1 (younger selves) part 2(current). Ok that being said it is an excellent story. It made me care about the characters. These two have been through a lot to get their happy ever after....30 years is long enough. It just goes to show that you shouldn’t always wait for a “moment”. Sometimes it just needs to be done.

I did listen to this on audio. Troy Duran is the narrator. He really just does an excellent job narrating any book and this one is no exception.
Profile Image for Patty.
3,709 reviews25 followers
October 30, 2020
DL Lane has a true gift when it comes to writing books of the heart! I am in love with this series. Book 2 of Cedar Point is full of history, a slow burn romance and suspense that keeps you guessing! Danica and Gage grew up together. Their families were friends and they shared the same birthday. Gage patiently waited for Danica to turn 16 so they could date, but things never do turn out as anticipated. Now years later, married with children, Dani is happy, or at least appears to be. Gage is still stuck on her, and with his experience has never settled for anyone else. And as things in life change, these two are thrown together in the worst of circumstances. Will they finally find their happily ever after? DL Lane takes us through time, letting us see now and then so we understand their relationship. Dani finds herself in a terrible position, shocked with grief and anger, and Gage is there to help her through.I fell in love with this couple, their undying love, their understanding of faith and importance of family. The suspense really got me, I got to a point where I just could not stop listening because I had to find out the ending! And it is so worth the wait! This is a fantastic listen, one I will be recommending!

Troy Duran. That is all I have to say, the man's narrations speak for themselves. He has an insight to his characters and easily brings them to life with the personalities that fit them best. His voices are spot on, easy on the ears and we always know who is speaking. He is a pleasure to listen to!
Profile Image for Reggie.
2,597 reviews
November 1, 2020
This book will GUT you!!!! WOW...just WOW! The theme of this book should resonate with everyone...actions have consequences that, most times, affect those around you. Young Gage had always been friends with the Lorry family and, surprisingly, close to the younger sister, Danica. When Dani started hs, her dad asked Gage to watch out for her and he did...including keeping himself away. When Dani turned 16 and was officially able to date, she was excited to be finally start a more-than-friends relationship with Gage...then Gage got some news that changed the course of their lives. Now almost two decades later, Gage and Dani are back in their hometown of Cedar Point, WA. Gage is the Chief of Police and Dani is the wife of a successful surgeon and mother to adorable twin babies. Dani rebuffs all of Gage's attempts to be friends...until her life starts to fall apart, then Gage is the only one that she relies on to help. Another wonderful story in the series that will make you cry for time lost, but trust me, the HEA is worth it. Looking forward to Cooper's story next.
I accepted a complimentary copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.
Profile Image for Shelly.
Author 14 books21 followers
September 15, 2020
This book will have you laughing one minute and crying the next. The characters you will instantly feel a connection with and keep hoping for the best... a must read book .... love the series
938 reviews4 followers
July 17, 2022
This is Danika and Gage love story. He always was her protector, her shining knight.
Gage made a promise to her father, he would watch over her since she was twelve. Gage knew when she turned 16 she would be able to date. He couldn't wait to make her his girlfriend.
A secret Gage revealed tore Danika apart. Gage tried to explain, but at that point it didn't matter to her. He went off to college, knowing that she would never forgive him.
Danika wss strong-willed, confident a wife and loving mother to twins. Her husband is a prominent surgeon who was gone a lot. she was becoming , anxious, exhausted with his continual absences. There was unforeseen trouble ahead that will completely change Danikas and Gage's life.
It's the love and the promise he kept that Gage always looked out for her even when she married. Now Danika relied on him more, when her world as she knew it , collapsed.
D.L. Lane has written another great story that is full of mystery, kidnapping, secrets, regrets, forgiveness, and love.
Troy Duran is very talented narrator. He gives the characters their own personalities and voices and has all the emotions needed to bring this story to life.
Profile Image for Tammy Bulcao.
918 reviews7 followers
September 12, 2021
Heartbreaking!

This was a fantastic story! I love a good second chance romance, even if it’s full of heartbreak and despair! Sometimes it seems like the whole world is against you and no matter how many chances you have it’s never enough. These characters go through a lot but they are strong and determined, and I love that about this story. Most of the chapters alternate between “before” and “now” and that’s ok but sometimes the POV changes in the middle of a chapter and it takes me a minute to catch up. This does not effect how much I love this book. The narration was absolutely wonderful. Troy Duran performed these characters brilliantly and seamlessly moving from each character complete with all the emotions expected in a powerful story like this one. He’s not only sexy but he has a great female voice and he moved me to tears more than once. Well done!
This is book 2 with an HEA and can be read as a standalone.
I highly recommend this book.

Sisters Spotlight 💜
Profile Image for Pamela Fleming.
121 reviews4 followers
September 17, 2021
Danika and Gage
This is a great second chance romance. This story takes you on a journey from the teen years back and forth to adulthood in their 30’s. There is a lot of story here about boy looks after girl as a favor to the father, then when he gets feelings for her many things get in the way. Years pass and they become friends again but is that really all there is? Also included is some police activity to investigate and many more things to learn about these characters. This is book 2 and I didn’t even realize, so completely stand alone. The narration on this book is great. Troy captured the voices really well. I highly recommend this book.
Sisters Spotlight 💕
105 reviews
September 17, 2022
Audiobook Review.

Then There Was You is a beautifully written second chance romance with a side of suspense and coming to terms with the consequences of your actions.
Danica and Gage were once young and in love but never had their chance to be together. 20 years later life chooses to bring them together.

Displaying 1 - 8 of 8 reviews

Can't find what you're looking for?

Get help and learn more about the design.