Start by marking “No One Will Hear Your Screams (John Driscoll Mystery)” as Want to Read:
No One Will Hear Your Screams (John Driscoll Mystery)

No One Will Hear Your Screams (John Driscoll Mystery)

Published May 9th 2020 by WildBlue Press

To ask other readers questions about No One Will Hear Your Screams, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about No One Will Hear Your Screams

Start your review of No One Will Hear Your Screams (John Driscoll Mystery)
Linda Strong

Who is embalming prostitutes while they are still alive?

That's the question that keeps Lieutenant John Driscoll awake at night. There's a name for the killer ... Tilden. But who is he? What's motives of these killings?

He and his team, Sergeant Margaret Aligante and Detective Cedric Thomlinson, set out to stop this vicious killer before he kills again.

"Tilden" may not be so easy to catch. He claims to have been abused when he was a child. He obviously has at least a little medical knowledge. He i
Nursebookie
Jun 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I loved reading about NYPD’s top cop, Homicide Commander Lieutenant John Driscoll. Driscoll’s character is brilliant - he wears his heart on his sleeves, is dedicated for sure, with a tough history - a wife in a coma and his only daughter dead from a tragic car accident. This time Driscoll is faced with the worst - O’Callaghan delivered with an unthinkable sociopathic killer that had me squirming in fear for this character. The plot is razor sharp and the story pacing moved quickly with the shor ...more
Lyndie
May 27, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
No One Will hear your screams is the 3rd book in the John Driscoll series. I havent read the first two books but this book could easily be read as a stand alone. Cases from the previous books are mentioned and I do feel that it would be beneficial to read the books in order though not necessary.

Let me start by saying I despise Tildens character. What an absolute piece of shit he is! As much as I hate this character his crimes make for a suspenseful read. Also O'Callaghan did a splendid job in de
BreeAnn (She Just Loves Books)
What I Loved:
No One Will Hear Your Screams had an excellent plot that had some great twists that kept me on the edge of my seat! I loved how the pieces all fell into place rounding out the entire stories and leading to those great “AH HA!” moments as the book wrapped up.

How I Felt:
This book had a great plot that I felt was really well put together. All the pieces fell into place and there was a good amount of suspense and surprise throughout the story.

The character Tilden was so awful. I applaud
Jayasree B
Jul 03, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
An excellently written crime thriller. There is plenty of gore in it, the stuff of nightmares and the devolving mind of a serial killer keeps the reader captivated. I was a little disappointed to not know why Tilden was the way he is, but I guess no one can point out a single point at which the human mind turns bad.
Billie
May 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Is there a sociopathic killer on the loose and murdering prostitutes in New York City? NYPD’s top cop, Homicide Commander Lieutenant John Driscoll, believes there is. Someone who calls himself “Tilden” and claims to have been sexually abused as a child by his mother’s john. But what could have triggered Tilden’s rage that has him on a mission to eradicate all the women of the night in The Big Apple?
More importantly, will Driscoll put an end to the madness? He soon discovers Tilden’s not the run-
Becki
A little bit of religious trivia mixed in with crimes is always interesting. This serial killer definitely had a few issues with his religious upbringing.

The action in this book starts pretty quickly. Tilden is on a mission - he’s got a list of women who have done him wrong, and he’s decided their punishment is death. While each of the bodies are discovered in unique places and situations, Lieutenant John Driscoll finds enough clues to know they’re connected.

While there was more about Tilden tha
Gary Regan
Is there a sociopath on the loose in New York City? The NYPD believes there is. More importantly, will NYPD’s top cop, Homicide Commander Lieutenant John. Driscoll put an end to the madness? He soon discovers Tilden’s not your common murderer. Far from it. Would a common murderer take the time to embalm his victims? The Lieutenant’s assistants, Sergeant Margaret Aligante and Detective Cedric Thomlinson, sure don’t think so. Especially when that embalming is ruled the cause of death by New York C ...more
Cheryl
Jun 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I read this book in 1 day. I was hooked. Everyone was a key character in this book as well as strong. I did not feel like the police were weaker then the killer. It was a true cate and mouse intensity pace story.

I can take and have read a lot of gritty murder mystery/suspense novels but I have to tell you that some of the scenes were hard core. I even felt my stomach on one scene. Yet. I recommend this book to readers who don't have a weak stomach and are looking for a great book to read. This
Cristie Underwood
May 24, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a pretty good read, as I really enjoyed the suspense and the characters were well-developed. The only character that I had a slight issue with was Tilden, as I think the author wrote him as one-dimensional, as there was opportunity to flesh this character out a bit more.
Jennifer (JC-S)
May 31, 2020 rated it it was ok
‘Hello? Is anyone there?’

Who is murdering prostitutes in New York City? And why is the killer embalming them? We know the killer is named Tilden, and we know what his objective is. But why is he killing these particular women and how quickly can he be caught?

Lieutenant John Driscoll, Detective Cedric Thomlinson and Sergeant Margaret Aligante are the team who will try to find Tilden. Each of the three have issues of their own to deal with: issues which will bring both insight (and potential barri
Rishika S.
Jul 03, 2020 rated it did not like it
A big thank you to NetGalley for an ARC of this book. I thought the blurb was really interesting and I tried really hard to like the book. But at the end of it, No One Will Hear Your Screams by Thomas O'Callaghan was just a disappointing read.
I'm taking a slightly different approach in this review, primarily because I found it a bit difficult to get through the story. I didn't want to close it as a DNF, so I'm just going to summarize what I felt after ensuring I completed it.

Genre:
Mystery, Suspe
Ray Palen
Jul 11, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The novel NO ONE WILL HEAR YOUR SCREAMS begins with a brutal murder. A woman is buried and incapacitated while a crazed man takes an instrument that resembles an elongated harpoon to pierce her with. The instrument is actually a make-shift version of one used by any undertaker and the captured woman suffers the horrific fate of having her body filled with embalming fluid while she was still alive.

The man responsible for this evil deed is named Tilden and he has a simple agenda --- to take down e
Grady
May 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A fine ‘keep the lights on’ thriller!

New York author Thomas O’Callaghan is moving up in the ranks of fine thriller mystery writers. His books to date – BONE THIEF, THE SCREAMING ROOM, and now NO ONE WILL HEAR YOU SCREAM. After earning his liberal arts degree form Richmond College he worked as an insurance agent, and now, fortunately for us, he turns his attention to creating superb thrillers – mind exit posts for escaping the chaos of the day!

Back in the saddle is Homicide Commander Lieutenant J
Beverly Laude
Nov 24, 2020 rated it really liked it
If you enjoy watching "Criminal Minds", you will probably enjoy this book. A sociopathic killer is on the loose in NYC, killing prostitutes in sadistic ways. Lieutenant John Driscoll and his team are in a race against time to try to find him before he can kill again.

The killer seems to be on a rampage against his dead mother and Catholic Nuns for the wrongs that were committed against him as a child. Each murder just seems to feed the demons inside him.

First of all, if you are squeamish, steer c
Claudia
Nov 13, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery, audiobook
So, this book... ~sights~ okay, it kept me hooked from the beginning and I really liked the way in which there is actual police work happening in here. And there were a couple of twists that I didn't see coming and actually were functional to the plot.

OTOH, this should come with a warning for Catholics. I am not a religious person and yet I'm struggling to not get offended in their behalf. Believe me, this was a first for me!

We spent a lot of time with the killer, and that has its pro and its c
Brittney our.bookish.reads
Holy crap, this book is grotesque and grisly, but it's also a phenomenal read; I was hooked (no pun intended) from page one and there are several twists that I was not expecting.
Thomas O'Callaghan gets right into the meat of the characters and story straight away, there are no pulled punches in this one.

Learning about Tilden's MO, what he did, getting into his mind and his background was horrifyingly disturbing and real. A lot of the book focuses on this character, which yes, I understand why,
Magen • Bone Chilling Books
Jan 02, 2021 rated it really liked it
𝗡𝗢 𝗢𝗡𝗘 𝗪𝗜𝗟𝗟 𝗛𝗘𝗔𝗥 𝗬𝗢𝗨𝗥 𝗦𝗖𝗥𝗘𝗔𝗠𝗦 by Thomas O’Callaghan (published by Wild Blue Press in May 2020) has been on my shelf since I received it from FSB Associates over the summer last year. This was my first book of 2021.⁣

Trigger warnings include rape, forced sodomy, prostitution, stalking, abduction, hate against women, graphic scenes, sexual abuse to a child.⁣

I loved the plot line. The crazier the better and this serial killer is sick and twisted, an easily unlikable character for all the right rea
Sandie Vega
Jun 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This author has a very vivid and scary imagination that will terrify you. It’s one of those books that you can’t put down! The story unwinds and has a cast of characters all entwined together. You have to keep track and pay attention from word one through the end. The author, Thomas O’Callaghan has done his research, all of the religious details are on point and accurate. The way he tells the story with short chapters jump from topic to topic, but he pulls it all together in the end to give the ...more
Hana Correa
Jul 29, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
When I first started reading about the crimes perpetrated by Tilden, a sociopathic, sadistic serial killer I thought this had to be one of the most savage, brutal deaths ever thought up. There can’t be many ways that would be worse to die than being embalmed while alive. This serial killer wears more than one hat, and each victim is killed a different and brutal way. On his trail is Lieutenant Driscoll, a battle hardened detective who has encountered savage serial killers before. I didn’t read b ...more
Fiona Keatley
Aug 18, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book took me a while to get into because at the start it is extremely disturbing, detailing one of the crimes being committed by the killer. Once the police officers and other good guys are introduced it is much easier to get into the plot. There are many subplots spreading from the main plot which ensure one has to keep concentrating at all times. It is worth concentrating though. The crimes impact the police officers deeply and the history of this is well explained which ensures buy in by ...more
Tayler Hill
I love discovering new detective mysteries so I am always up for trying a new one. There were parts of this one I enjoyed, but overall I am not eager to continue the series. I liked how the killer had their own chapters/perspective from the beginning. I liked the crime and the layers to it. I felt like the characters should have had more depth. I didn’t feel strongly any particular way, they were just there. I personally found the one character to be too religious for me. This book also felt a l ...more
Sandra Guerra-Cruz
Nov 04, 2020 rated it liked it
Definitely worth the read but not for the squeamish. If you can handle it, go for it. I mean, the guy stuffs one of them, intending to roast her and eat her. I took it as symbolism, humans do that to animals all the time. One of the characters, Moira, a teenager who helps the police hack onto computers sometimes, gives new meaning to "flawed" because she is sexually aroused by sadistic killers.

Aside from the story, some of the spacing was off and it could of been better edited. There are some "
Holly Lenz
Dec 14, 2020 rated it really liked it
No One Will Hear Your Screams is an entertaining but truly disturbing book full of awful things that will haunt the reader’s/ listener’s dreams and keep them up at night. This book ups the ante gruesome imagery, and the horror is not limited to the villain as it seems all of the characters have their own nightmares to share.

Contains graphic and disturbing violence as well as perverted sexual scenes and rape.

The narrator of the book does a good job bringing the story to life.

I received a compli
Reggie
Nov 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
Childhood abuse turns a once-quiet boy into a serial killer. Sounds cliche and sad but it’s true for this story. Someone is committing gruesome murders in NYC and it’s up to Lieutenant Driscoll and his team of misfit detectives to catch a killer. Captivating story and narration. Highly recommended if you enjoy this genre.
I accepted a complimentary copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.
Bev
Aug 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
This story is about a very sick serial killer. The story is graphic in details so you have been warned! Lt. Driscoll and his team are up against a killer who uses his religious upbringing to rid the world of sinners. Then the team also has their own personal issues to deal with that this killer has brought up to the front of their minds. I voluntarily reviewed a copy of this book.
Michelle Malsbury
Dec 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The imagery in this books is such that you can feel the pain and horror of the characters, you can smell the environment and understand the patience the detectives must have for locating such a violent and strange criminal and bringing him to his knees. Great thriller and a real page turner. Please add it to your winter reading list.
Sarahlostinthelandofbooksgmail.Com
Review to follow
Kelley Kirby
This book was just okay. It was slow and the twists and turns were too far apart to keep my interest. I rate this book a 2.3
Angela Lanning
Nov 16, 2020 rated it it was ok
Seems like it was rushed to be finished. Very disappointing considering I loved the first two books... Way too many grammatical errors, and some events were too overdramatic and awkward. Idea of the story was still good, though.

• You Were Not Born to Suffer: Overcome Fear, Insecurity and Depression and Love Yourself Back to Happiness, Confidence and Peace
  • Fire and Vengeance
  • Act of Murder (Doc Brady #1)
  • The Last Sword Maker (The Course of Empire #1)
  • Everyone Dies Famous
  • Gaijin
  • In Service to Love Book 1: Love Remembered: A Dynamic Experience of Consciousness, Transformation and Enlightenment
  • The Southern Book Club's Guide to Slaying Vampires
  • Above the Bay of Angels
  • Family in Six Tones: A Refugee Mother, an American Daughter
  • Birds of a Feather: A Book of Idioms and Silly Pictures
  • Here She Is: The Complicated Reign of the Beauty Pageant in America
  • Crisanta Knight: Protagonist Bound (Book #1)
  • The Elephant's Girl
  • Raghnall's Revenge (Raghnall, #2)
  • La clé à molette
  • The Night Monster
  • The Service of Clouds
Thomas O'Callaghan's work has been translated for publication in Germany, Slovakia, Indonesia, and the Czech Republic. A publishing house in Italy has recently acquired rights, as well. As an internationally acclaimed author, Mr. O'Callaghan is a member of both the Mystery Writers of America and the International Thriller Writers associations. A native of New York City and a graduate of CUNY, Mr. ...more