Start by marking “The Genesis of Seven (The Empyrean Trilogy, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Genesis of Seven (The Empyrean Trilogy, #1)

The Genesis of Seven

(The Empyrean Trilogy #1)

Eighteen-year-old Jordan Conway has always wanted to help people, but helping seven archangels to achieve their divine duty was never quite what he had in mind… When Jordan is entrusted by the head nun of his orphanage to deliver a mysterious backpack to a New York City address, he comes unexpectedly face-to-face with Archangel Gabriel. Their acquaintance fast uncovers a l ...more
Published July 7th 2020 by Designs by Seraphim

To ask other readers questions about The Genesis of Seven, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Genesis of Seven

Start your review of The Genesis of Seven (The Empyrean Trilogy, #1)
Fizah(Books tales by me)
Feb 03, 2021 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2021-read
Actual Rating 3.75

Thank you, Sara M. Schaller and Divine tours for this ARC in exchange for an honest review.

Jordan is spending an ordinary life in an orphanage until one day a few people start to chase him and in charge of the orphanage ask him to go to an address without any explanation. Jordan didn’t know that he is going to meet an angel and everything in his life is going to change.

This book gave my kind of Percy Jackson’s vibes. I’ll say this book is middle-grade Christian mythology, which
Jypsy
Sep 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Thank you Prism Book Tours and Sara M. Schaller for a complimentary copy and
the great book goodies! I voluntarily reviewed this book. All opinions expressed are my own.

The Genesis of Seven
By: Sara M. Schaller

REVIEW ☆☆☆☆☆

The Genesis of Seven is the perfect story of good versus evil. Angels, devils, mortals, world travel and an unlikely hero-how does that sound? This book combines Christian myths and ideals with fantasy to create an amazing story. I thought the book as a whole was so inventive.
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog
4 STARS

This was such a great read,I really enjoyed it!The set up was so good and with flashbacks from the past it helped to understand the story better.I liked Jordan and the rest characters.They were developed and they grown through the story.What a ride, there is action to keep your interest and the book was so refreshing.

I'm looking forward to see what this author has for us in the next book.
Melissasfandomworld
Jun 23, 2020 marked it as to-read
Shelves: 2020-releases
Ohhh this one looks SO FRIGGING GOOD!
Looks like it's 1000% my kind of book and I cannot wait to get my hands on it and read it!

The author has a fun pre-order giveaway going on so if you're interested in putting in pre-order, check out the following link:

>> https://www.instagram.com/p/CBd1xEaAT_7/

my BLOG | my INSTAGRAM | my FACEBOOK | my TWITTER
Thais • tata.lifepages •
Oct 21, 2020 rated it really liked it
The genesis of seven is an action-packed novel! You are sucked in right away as the main character, Jordan, has to run away from the one home he's always known. Soon he finds himself in the presence of an archangel, Gabriel. Yup, the one and only. I am a huge fan of stories with angels, so this got me all excited. They have to find the other archangels to help achieve their divine duty.

"Thirteen bound in blood by two
From ancient lines born anew
Both must live until blood is spilt
Afterward fightin
Sowmya (bookishelflife)
DNF , unfortunately this book didn’t work for me.
Leslie M.
Sep 08, 2020 rated it really liked it
This was such an enjoyable book that I can’t wait to read the rest of the trilogy!

The Genesis of Seven is the first installment in Schaller’s series, The Empyrean Trilogy. I don’t read a lot of fantasy books. They really have to be something to catch my eye, and this one fits the bill! The story pulled me in from the beginning. I really enjoyed the multiple POVs. The action kept me actively engaged throughout the entire story.

I enjoyed watching Jordan’s character develop as the story unfolded.

Y
Richel (letsreadshallwe)
“In the beginning he was one of us. A brother amongst in our Empyrean Domain.”

Heaven & Hell. Good & Evil. Angels & Demons. Action & Adventure. These are all what you will find in The Genesis of Seven.

TGo7 has an amazing start, the first chapter piqued my curiosity on the spot. The story was pretty interesting as our main character, Jordan Conway was forced to deliver a mysterious package to an unexpected divine being that marked the beginning of his adventure.

When I read the blurb about this boo
Lori
Sep 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I have really enjoyed this new to me author so much that I'm eagerly awaiting the other books that are coming out! I hope that Prism Tours will host these books as well!
Such a fantabulous book that kept my interest from page one until the end.
I really like how this story is told in multiple voices. At first it confused me but then I caught on as to whose voice the story was told in. Very well done!
I liked Jordan immediately. His adventure became mine in an instant! The mystery that was woven
Kritika
Sep 21, 2020 rated it really liked it
In the beginning, he was one of us

A brother amongst us in

Our Empyrean Domain

The Genesis of Seven, a debut novel by Sara M Schaller is the first part of the series of The Empyrean Trilogy.

If you are up for a wild fantasy journey around the globe including heaven and hell with the archangels and Satan, then this book is definitely for you. Let me tell you, my sole reason for picking up this book was because of that gorgeous and beautiful cover. The moment I finished the first chapter, I was hooked
Samama Reza
Dec 02, 2020 rated it liked it
I loved the creative mind of the author of The Genesis of Seven. I loved how she twisted the stories we used to hear in our childhood and made it so interesting for us. I especially loved the description of hell – yes, you read that right. It sounded cruel, horrifying and hilarious at the same time.

This story is about Jordan, an orphan who loves to help people. His life was going as normal as it could for him until one day, his world turned upside down and he had no home to go back to, he only
Jane
Sep 18, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy
The Genesis of Seven is a great fantasy novel. Sara Schaller expounds on the idea that there is a bloodline of Jesus and Mary Magdalene. A group called the Sacrarium have been entrusted with protecting that bloodline. Jordan grew up in a Catholic orphanage. On the day of his going away party, Sister Helen meets him at the door and tells him he is in danger and needs to grab his stuff and head to an address and trust who he finds there. He finds Gabriel and shares what has happened. It turns out ...more
Bo Rae
Feb 17, 2021 rated it really liked it
Thank you to Sara M. Schaller and Starlight Booktours for providing me with a copy!

The Genesis of Seven tells the story of eighteen-year-old Jordan Conway who has to join forces with seven archangels in order to prevent Satan from returning to earth and protect his loved ones from evil. Providing you with multiple POV’s, The Genesis of Seven is filled with action and keeps you on the edge of your seat from the get go, which is something that I truly enjoyed while reading the book. Besides presen
Emma Queen
Dec 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
It’s been a while since I read a book that I enjoyed from beginning to end. And it’s been a while since I gave a fantasy book 5 stars.
I went into this book a bit on the blind side. I only saw some reviews on it, saw that it had a lot of elements that I like to read about and I thought it would just be the right book for me. But it was way more than a perfect book for me.

I enjoyed the storyline a lot, all of the characters felt like they had their own personality and their history was interestin
Beck Michaels
Nov 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
"In the beginning he was one of us. A brother amongst us in our empyrean domain."

I love angel books so I knew I'd enjoy this one. GO7 is a thrilling adventure of good versus evil. Jordan's life gets turned upside down when he is forced to flee from his orphanage and comes face to face with the Archangel Gabriel. Soon he finds himself going on a quest to find the other angels before the imminent evil of Hell unleashes. The story is told through multiple timelines and flashbacks, and multiple poin
Joselyn  Moreno Burke
Sep 30, 2020 rated it really liked it
right from the start this one gripped me very fast, the way the storyline comes together and is easy to read and the concept in it was awesome.

one thing that I found very nice since the beginning was the narration since it was very easy to get immersed on the story.

the characters develop very nicely from the start and it's super easy to fell in love with them and to get emotional with their struggles and motivations.

jordan was so cute and adorable I take to him almost immediately, he had thi
Shreya Rao
Jan 20, 2021 rated it it was amazing
This is such an mind-blowing read. I loved the concept and the delivery of Christian mythology is just brilliant.

Angels, demons, satan and lots of action makes this book a perfect read.

I am watching a similar show and hence connecting to it became all the more easy. Also I just loved how the book flowed. There is so much information out there that it's sure to get overwhelmed, but the author has done a great job in making it such an easy read.

I cannot wait to read the other books.
Min (abookworld___)
Jan 17, 2021 rated it really liked it
The Genesis of Seven is based on the Christian mythology, retold the story of the archangels and Satan after the war. It has such a unique concept and a simple yet interesting setting. I’m hooked from the first page, and I love reading books about angels!!

Jordan was handed a backpack and given instruction to an address. Attacked by an unknown group of people, he safely escaped, arriving at the exact location where he met a mysterious guy—Gabriel, the archangel himself.
After going through explan
Angela Walker
Sep 04, 2020 rated it really liked it
The Genesis of Seven tells the story of select archangels sent to Earth after the fall of Satan with a special task after a prophecy in Heaven revealed an ultimate battle. Like Jordan, the readers go in knowing nothing and slowly learn the angels' (on earth and fallen) origin story. My favorite parts was the different levels or both Heaven and Hell. Angels have varying jobs and skills. No one fully knows the will of God, even angels have to have faith.

Jordan travelled all over the world enlistin
Amy
Sep 09, 2020 rated it really liked it
The Genesis of Seven is great start to Sara M Schaller’s The Empyrean Trilogy. I thought this was a good debut for this author. Her talent shines through in this book. I am not a huge fantasy fan, but I really enjoyed this story. I was entertained from start to finish. It was full of action and adventure that kept me engaged throughout.

I am giving The Genesis of Seven four and a half stars. I am looking forward to the next book from The Empyrean Trilogy. I recommend this one for readers who enj
Rose (Adventurous Bookworm)
Sep 02, 2020 rated it really liked it
This was an interesting read for sure. I have never read a book like it and I was very eager to start when I first received it.
First thing's first, I really liked how this was in no way a romance. It was so refreshing to have a book that isn't all mushy.
The plot of this book was so interesting and I really liked the travel aspect of the story. It isn't often that I can pick up a book and see so much of the world.
Also, it is important to note that this is a FANTASY book. It is in no way meant to
Nancy
Aug 24, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: young-adult, fiction
Exciting, fresh, and intriguing - this novel is well written and I'm impatiently looking forward to the next installment. ...more
Siobhan - she, her
Sep 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Thank you to Prism Book Tours and to Sara M. Schaller for the complimentary book and goodies. This book was voluntarily reviewed and all opinions are my own.

"In the beginning he was one of us,
A brother amongst us in our
Empyrean Domain."

Ahh did I love this book! Angels, demons, the devil, a quest to save them all. What's not to love!?

The Genesis of Seven is a well-written book that creates a very scenic image in the readers mind. (Yes, it's like watching a movie even though you're reading!) The
Jodie "Bookish"  Cook
Oct 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed, favorites
Anushka | bibliophile_onloose
Oct 30, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: books-in-2020
Find this and other reviews in my blog.

Being a fan of mythology and history myself, I absolutely loved reading The Genesis of Seven. This book has everything, from flying angels to demons of the underworld and all things in between. Action-packed and thrilling, The Genesis of Seven is a book that I will remember for a long time.

Now, I should tell you that I have absolutely no idea about Christian mythology and the origin of Heaven and Hell other than the mere basics. So, it was interesting for
Book Hunt With Us
Oct 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
One of our all-time bookish dream came true recently - to receive a bookish box, directly from the author! 💲🥁❤We share our love and thanks to Sara M. Schaller for this beautiful book with lovely goodies.😌 The cover page shows off the fantasy fiction and tons of action in itself. This is exactly what I needed now. As a Percy Jackson fan, it reminded me of the Greek demigods’ adventure.🤓😉

The book starts with Jordan being chased... The plot is such that he cannot go back to his foster centre. So, t
Natalia
Feb 26, 2021 rated it it was amazing
𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝑮𝒆𝒏𝒆𝒔𝒊𝒔 𝒐𝒇 𝑺𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒏 is the first part of 𝑇ℎ𝑒 𝐸𝑚𝑝𝑦𝑟𝑒𝑎𝑛 𝑇𝑟𝑖𝑙𝑜𝑔𝑦.

Jordan is an 18 years old boy that is just finishing high school, he loves to help people and that is why he is going to Africa, today is his going away party prepared by Sister Helena as Jordan lives in an orphanage.

This day in specific is particularly important to the story as it will change Jordan's whole life, first, some people started chasing him without no apparent reason, once he returns to the orphanage there is no one ther
Lea
Nov 04, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: hardcopies, signed
You step right into the action in the first chapter of this series opener. Sara M Schaller wastes no time catching your attention, but the pacing does slow after that initial chapter as most of the backstory is being told. Chapters jump timelines and POVs between a few of the main characters and there is quite a chunk of backstory to get through about the angels, but once through, the story progresses nicely.

The one big issue I couldn't get past was that each character didn't feel distinct in th
Angela Marie
Mar 13, 2021 rated it liked it
In this story, we follow Jordan Conway and Archangel Gabriel on a divine quest that could potentially save the world. I can't really tell what's about to happen as I was reading it. The pages were full of secrets and prophecies I had to decipher.

The book started off with a very mysterious atmosphere where the main character was being followed. It was a great suspenseful starting point! Then, the others were introduced and the worlds were beautifully laid out.

The straightforward good vs. evil arc
Rachel
Feb 08, 2021 rated it really liked it
I received this book (and an incredible box of merch!) as part of a book tour, so a massive thank you to the author for providing the opportunity. This review is an honest review and entirely my own thoughts/opinions.

I really enjoyed this book. It sets the reader up for an incredible series, with a detailed and well thought out plot. The book follows a variety of main characters, Jordan in particular. It also switches tenses, so you get a thorough understanding of the 'then' and how it impacts

• Music of the Night (Tower Knights #1)
  • Tarnished Empire (Dark Shores, #0.5)
  • A Trial of Sorcerers (A Trial of Sorcerers, #1)
  • The Dilemma
  • His & Hers
  • Boyfriend Material
  • Devolution: A Firsthand Account of the Rainier Sasquatch Massacre
  • Emerald Blaze (Hidden Legacy, #5)
  • The Suicide House (Rory Moore/Lane Phillips, #2)
  • The Butterfly Girl (Naomi Cottle, #2)
  • Disenchanted (Disenchanted, #1)
  • The Cup and The Prince (Kingdom of Curses and Shadows #1)
  • Wolfsong (Green Creek, #1)
  • Like Home
  • I Am the Messenger
  • Roaring
  • Heaven's Silhouette
  • Cinderella Is Dead
SARA M SCHALLER is a paralibrarian, publishing professional, and young adult author. She lives in Colorado with her mom, dad, brother, and four furry canine siblings. Sara loves the world of pop culture and the performing arts, so when she is not reading or writing, she is either watching movies and shows, attending conventions, or going out to see live performances. She likes to write stories for ...more