Start by marking “Her Greatest Mistake” as Want to Read:
Her Greatest Mistake

Her Greatest Mistake

I knew the moment I saw Aiden that he was the kind of man who would break a woman’s heart. With his looks, he could grace the cover of any book or magazine.

Even as I got to know him, his hard no-nonsense attitude was alluring. He was as captivating as he was intense, and having his attention was as intoxicating as it was overwhelming. My pulse raced and my stomach fluttere
Kindle Edition
Published June 20th 2020

To ask other readers questions about Her Greatest Mistake, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Her Greatest Mistake

Start your review of Her Greatest Mistake
Renée
Jun 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Her Greatest Mistake by Eve L. Mitchell is by far my most favourite book from this author. The novella which lead to this full novel left me with a million and one questions and wanting the full story immediately, as the cliffhanger was epic, it left me with my jaw on the floor. I don’t demand to read more of books, but in this case, I needed all the words!! So my anticipation and need for continuing this story was extremely high on my TBR.

The journey Eve L. Mitchell takes you on with Jemma and
Joyffree
Jun 13, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc-tbr
This is one of those where I kept asking myself "But why?"

There was a physical pull between Jemma and Aiden but that was it really. He never took the time to truly make a connection with Jemma. She didn't even know his last name, which was fine when it was a hookup but after months of working in the same building? A couple of sexual interludes? Come on.

There were a couple of moments (they passed briefly) where I thought Aiden might give a little of himself. But nope it was just a tease to keep
Courtney
Jun 09, 2020 rated it really liked it
This book had me all over the place emotionally because one second Aiden our main Hero could have me swooning and the very next second he could have me so angry I wanted to yell at him through my ereader. When Jemma meets Aiden he is this larger than life character that seems to have a chip on his shoulder even if he is the best looking guy she has ever seen, its like he just jumped off her kindle and into real life, but that attitude of his. Jemma is this sweet, kind hearted woman that works ha ...more
Arceli
I really liked this book. Aiden is a really complex guy and it did take me a while to like him. He is real and genuine but my only issue is that some of his actions didn’t make sense. On the plus side, I really loved the heroine. She was super strong and really made the book awesome and was a perfect match for Aiden. The romance was super hot and awesome. I highly recommend this book.
Red Hot Romance Blog
Jun 08, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: 3-star-reads
* I received an advance reader copy in exchange for an honest review. *

The first thing that helps me decide whether I want to read a book is the cover. While we can only fantasize about meeting our favorite Hero meeting the cover model is as close as we can get. Jemma is shocked to think the man standing by her is the cover model of the book she is reading.
It was him?
No, you’re an idiot, the model of the cover of the book you’re reading is not in a coffee shop in high vis waterproof clothing. I
Ashley Edwards
Jun 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I'm not sure I even have the words to describe how amazingly intense this book was. If you love those bossy, Alpha males - who know what they want and get what they want no matter the cost - you will definitely want to read this! I fell in love with Jemma & Aiden in Eve's story in the Hogmanay anthology and was so happy she gave us more. Her Greatest Mistake dives deeper into their relationship. It's clear they both struggle with trust - can they learn to trust one another?! Eve takes us on a ro ...more
HANNAH (Books, Films, and Tea)
I really enjoyed Her Greatest Mistake by Eve L. Mitchell once I was a few chapters in. Jemma is in a coffee shop reading her romance book when she bumps into someone. That someone is Aiden, who she thinks is the cover model for her book. He's not, but they talk for a bit. When Jemma gets to her office, where she works as a PA for a lawyer, she is surprised to find Aiden there. Aiden is the manager for the construction work that is happening in the building, and will be working with Jem
Agata Jędrzejewska
Jun 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
How should I describe this story. It was for sure a rollercoaster. Rollercoaster of emotions. Rollercoaster of actions. It was a hot read. Aiden is not an easy guy to understand, specially when he keeps everything so secret, giving just tiny bits of infirmations at the time. Which of course made Jemma crazy. Still she took it all relatively well. Next to him she was loosing all her resolves. One touch and she would forget her questions. And touch he did, a lot, and my oh my was it a steamy read. ...more
Pretty_Book_Whore  Narissa
Jun 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
Aiden is almost too much man to handle. Hes the ultimate cocky Alpha. One chance meeting turns into a wild crazy ride for Jemma. Aiden is that man who does and gets what he wants. Innocent little Jemma just cant say no to him. She had no chance from the beginning when she though he was a cover model look alike. Aiden has secrets, secrets he cant tell her but she's his and he'll do anything to claim her.
Looking for a domineering alpha man story then this is the story for you. He won't accept no f
Larissa Rye
Jun 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
Wow. This book was way way more than I thought it would be. A little darker & crazier than I was expecting.

It took me almost the entire book to like Aiden & even than I’m still not sold on him. He was alpha as hell. Rude, abrasive, closed off & crude.

Jemma, god I felt bad for her at the beginning, then with how things went down with Aiden I felt less bad for her. Her office life surprised the hell out of me at the end. I was not expecting that at all.

I loved her brother & his wife. But I really
Jo Seysener
Jun 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book wreaked me, and I totally blame the author. Mitchell takes us on a roller coaster of emotions and need - and desire. Let’s say it outright, Aiden Ashton is a smokin’ hot character. the FMC, Jemma, is more than a match for him. While I barracked for them both at times - and wanted to slap them, too - I also fell in love with all the side characters presented. Some cross over with the author’s Boulder series, but I sincerely hope we see more of these new characters. The ending does not d ...more
Jodi
Jun 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Lord! This was so hot! So good! I read the first part of this in an anthology—I may or may not have stalked and slightly threatened ELM with bodily harm to complete the story and give me more Aiden (if you’re the police reading this, I totally didn’t do that 😳). All I can say is, it was worth the wait. Aiden was worth the wait. It was all worth the pain and suffering to get this magnificent masterpiece that I can treasure for years to come. #bookboyfriendsareforever
My Little Booktopia
Jun 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
‘My fingers traced my lips as I thought about how he had tasted. He tasted like heartbreak and lies..’

Her Greatest Mistake by Eve L. Mitchell is a new adult office romance and I really hope this is the first book in a new series.

When Jemma first saw hot construction work Aiden at a coffee shop he reminded her of the model on her book cover; Only Aiden was nothing like the perfect hero in her book. He’s rude, crude, possessive, closed off and abrupt. After one night of passion she quickly realis
Katy Jenkins
Jun 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Wow! I needed to digest everything I read before writing my review because it was so good and gave me all the feels. I read an anthology that had the beginning of this story in it and I really hoped there would be more because I fell in love with it. This book is super intense. Aiden is a super alpha male and Jemma is this sweet timid girl and their relationship has so many bumps and holy heavens you just have to read it. You will fall in a love hate relationship with Aiden and love Jemma.
Betsy Ellison
This is a great read.
It has some of our favorite Fictional male qualities.
Smoking hot guy, check
Aragant Alphole, check
Fantastic chemistry, oh hell yes!
Determined lady, check
Questionable methods of other people’s design, check
I’m not giving you the story line. GO READ IT! And enjoy.
Sarah Marshall Malluck
Chemistry

Jemma and Aiden's relationship centers around a power struggle that sizzles on the page. As Jenna gets closer to Aiden he tried to hide his secrets, but the more they spend together the more you can see him struggle to remember why the secrets are so important.

They novel is full of sexy chemistry that pulls the reader in for more.
Kelly Bugler
Jun 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Gaaaaaah! This book, this book! Gaaaaah!
So we had a hint of this book in the anthology and clearly my begging of Eve for more worked as here we are with a full length novel.
So Jemma, small in stature but a little bit fiesty... this woman makes me laugh but my god at times does she need to stand her ground
Steve and Tyler... i so need more of them, please and thank you.
Aiden, is a controling alphahole who wants what he wants and no talking will get in his way. His heart is in the right place but d
Darren
Jun 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This was a great read and I enjoyed the book. Aiden is very much a love to hate character and the author portrayed that very well throughout. I would definitely recommend.
Honestly Honest Bookworm
Aiden was one of the most toxic male characters I've ever read and she just instantly got over his behavior??? That's a huge no from me, I should've marked this one as a dnf from the beginning. He never had any redeeming moments, he was just a douche.
Amber Green
Jun 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book is such a wild ride. Aiden is the guy you love to hate yet can't help but root for him and the heroine to have a happy ever after. Speaking of the heroine, Jemma is superb. She has one of the greatest meet-cutes of all time and is sassy yet vulnerable. I love her so much. She is also so relatable it's not funny. But seriously, this story has mafia-world/crime boss-ish undertones, chemistry out the ears, and so much steam you want to swoon.
Julie Wickedly Sweet & Synful Book Blog
I love Aiden and Jemma. They have a steamy explosive connection. Aiden is intense in the best way possible, and Jemma is sweet and and full of sass that comes out most when she's with Aiden. These two have an uphill battle to be together. Every page pulls you in and the need to know whats next will keep you flipping the pages as fast as you can read them. It's absolutely sensational!!
Valeen Robertson (Live Thru Books Blog)

Amazon

Jemma is shocked to find the man standing next to her looks just like the model on the cover of the book she's reading. Is it him? Of course not... Who he is, though, is a hottie with a major attitude who apparently charms the wits right out of the women he meets, including Jemma. Too bad he has secrets that put her life in danger and he's not inclined to share those secrets, even with her.

First off, I have to say that I don't have a problem with the writing in this story,
Abstract Books
Jun 13, 2020 rated it liked it
arc-final
one-time-read

I was pretty excited to read this book, but I must say that I am a bit disappointed. Both the characters seemed to be very irritating to me. Aiden, the main character of the book was just such an asshole. The things he did, and then he was not even sorry for any of it. He was just his usual annoying-arrogant self. And then there was the female protagonist. The moment Aiden came near her, she literally forgot about everything,including his marital status.
The way the a
Melena Torretta
Jun 21, 2020 rated it it was ok
Shelves: arcs, 2020
I liked the first 25-30% of the book. Jemma was a normal, slightly accident prone heroine who kept running into Aiden after a meet cute in a coffee shop.

After approximately that first quarter of the book, I kept getting more frustrated with the characters and story.

Aiden became so over the top alpha male I I began to dislike his character the further I read. He became pushy with Jemma when she would initially tell him she did not want to sleep with him at various times telling her he knew she d
CarolKat
Jun 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I had not read the novella that is the first seven chapters of this book so I did start from the beginning.It all begins in a coffee shop while Jemma is waiting for her order. She keeps bumping into a guy wearing high-vis outerwear. When she finally looks at him she realizes the uncanny resemblance to the model of the book she is currently reading.

It's quite the hilarious exchange as she actually shows him the cover and he protests that his tats are better as are his abs.

The man she has dubbed '
Maggie Robinson
Jun 14, 2020 rated it really liked it
This one was a fun read. It has some great twists and turns you don’t necessarily see coming.

Jemma is our female lead. At first brush she appears small and a bit timid. Then Jemma shocks us all by asking Mister Tall, Dark, and Construction Visibility Vest if he’s the covet model from her book.

Jemma continues to be a bit timid, yet sassy, as she is drawn deeper into Mr. Construction’s world. Turns out his name is Aiden. He’s the business owner as well as the project manager. However, Aiden had
Rose
Jun 11, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
Well Dang.

Aiden. Aiden. Aiden.
You kill me dude. I still after 24 hours finishing, still don't know how I feel about you. One minute I really like you. The next, I want to punch you......... like a lot.

Jemma, at some point I just wanted to scream and rage at you. HOW COULD YOU LET HIM DO THIS AGAIN?!?! And yet..... This guy is so yummy, I understand... kinda. But like Jemma, I can be a bit muelish. So this is me being muelish, and judgy judgy.

This is a book that shows love and hate, passions
Jennifer Pierson
Jun 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
I've been going back & forth about rating this book, and the type of review I'm going to pen as well. I decided to go with 4 stars because I really did love the addictive writing style, and for the most part, I LOVED me some Gemma. Of course, I didn't love her the whole book because I felt that she became a big pushover when it came to Aiden, who I despised cover to cover. There's not enough great sex & super sexiness that would make me put up with his crap whatsoever. He hid things from her, te ...more
Valerie
Jun 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
With all honesty I have no idea how to feel about this book. If I were to describe the first word that came to mind when thinking of this book, it would be whiplash. Aiden and Jemma the two main characters were so on and off that I felt that I was on a rollercoaster going up and down with them without ever seeing the end of the ride.

Don’t get me wrong, it was a good story and although I could have done without the evil mafia families.. In the end I understood why those around her seemed to have
Heather Kerby
Jun 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Jemma and Aiden jump right off the pages of the book from the very first page. They have a lot of back and forth between each other through the whole book. Jemma is typically a quiet go with the flow person unless that person is Aiden. For some reason he just rubs her wrong the way, and their sexual chemistry is sizzling from the very first.

Aiden has lots of secrets, and Jemma keeps stumbling upon them without even realizing these are things other people don't know. She pulls a vulnerability ou

• The Rebel (Haven Grace Prep, #3)
  • Kiss To Conquer (Blairwood University #1)
  • Trick You (Rebel Ink, #2)
  • Somethin' About That Boy
  • Beautiful Criminal (Omertà Law, #1)
  • Richer Than God
  • Confessions of a Bookaholic
  • Prince of Hearts (Verona Legacy, #1)
  • Hostile Territory (Blackbridge Security, #1)
  • Hard to Handle
  • Scandalous Scotsman
  • Billion Dollar Date
  • Den of Vipers
  • This Love Hurts
  • Truly
  • Savage Beginnings (The Moretti Crime Family, #1)
  • Dirty Cowboy (A Cocky Hero Club Novel)
  • The Jock (North Woods University #6)
Eve L. Mitchell lives in the North East of Scotland, in the UK. She writes under a pen name, because otherwise her Secret Agent status will be revoked. Eve started writing in 2018, with her first book 'Indian Summer’ published in January 2019 - and hasn’t stopped writing since.
Eve prefers to consider her relationship with caffeine as codependent rather than caffeine reliant, she admits she may be

News & Interviews