Start by marking “A Boy Made of Sunshine” as Want to Read:
A Boy Made of Sunshine

A Boy Made of Sunshine

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  247 ratings  ·  81 reviews
A strict Daddy. A sassy neighbour. Can opposites attract?

After taking early retirement, Liam is happy avoiding people and tending to his roses. Or he was, until young film star Felix moves in next door.

With his cheeky, persistent, and very naughty behaviour, Felix gets under Liam’s skin instantly.

Felix needs Liam to teach him how to behave, but will calling the older man D
ebook
Published June 29th 2020

To ask other readers questions about A Boy Made of Sunshine, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Boy Made of Sunshine

really liked it Average rating 4.00  ·

Start your review of A Boy Made of Sunshine
Carol [Goodreads Addict]
Jul 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
RATING 3.5 STARS

A Boy Made of Sunshine, by Colette Davison, is a stand alone, M/M, age gap, daddy kink romance with little to no angst. This is my very first book by this author.

Felix Lee is twenty five years old. He’s been acting since he was a young boy and he’s just tired. He wants some time off. So he purchases his first home, a small house in a quiet village outside of London. For companionship he buys himself an adorable Dalmatian puppy. Felix is out and proud. He has no reservations about
Rachel Emily
Ohhh this was just sweet, sexy, kinky, and bratty fun! Felix and Liam were just wonderful to read about. A bratty boy finds his match in an older, ex-cop Daddy. Yum!

Definitely recommended if you like age gap, discipline and play between a cinnamon roll and a grumpy bear daddy.
Gustaf
First things first, the cover of this book is gorgeous.

With that said, this was such a slow read for me and I had trouble keeping my focus on reading it. It had all ingredients to make this a 5 star read for me but sadly, the feelings just wasn't there. I didn't really care for Felix and Liam and didn't feel their chemistry as a couple. Because of that, the whole daddy-boy thingy got a little bit... silly.

I did love Domino though. But who doesn't love a clumsy puppy?

Anyway, Colette Davion's w
Joyfully Jay
Jun 30, 2020 rated it really liked it
A Joyfully Jay review.

4 stars

A Boy Made of Sunshine was a sweet story with some lighter BDSM themes and a whole lot of Daddy kink. It isn’t going to be for everybody, but I think if you’ve wanted to try a Daddy/boy book, this could be a good one to consider. The BDSM isn’t super hardcore and the Daddy/boy themes are confined primarily to the bedroom.

Felix and Liam are well suited to one another, though they could have used a bit more fleshing out. They’re far from caricatures, but especially wi
Carra
Jun 28, 2020 rated it really liked it
Okay, all those who love a bratty, naughty boy, raise your hands. Yep, this one’s definitely for all of you! Felix definitely is a naughty boy, and he’s also a bit ostentatious when it comes to his belongings (though I must admit his coffee table sounds intriguing). He does need someone to get a handle on him, and though Liam’s grumpy self might not want anything to do with him, Felix’s personality—and persistence—wind up sucking him in.

This is very much an opposites attract story, and those of
Amy Dufera - Amy's MM Romance Reviews

Colette Davison's A Boy Made of Sunshine is a fantastic BDSM book.

This is a neighbors romance between the young actor Felix and the grumpy, older bear Liam. Felix is an actor taking a much needed break from work. He and his hot neighbor come together naturally. They are super hot as Liam teaches Felix patience.

Holy hotness! BDSM, exhibitionism, voyeurism, spanking, spreader bars, Daddy play. It is steamy and awesome!

And then there's the roses, which have a tender part in this story. And one ca
Annery
***4.5***

There’s something to be said about Truth in Advertising. Right or wrong it makes me feel like not everything is belly up. A promise made and kept goes a long way to warming my cold cold heart. Colette Davison keeps her word and Dan Calley delivers another warm hug to the soul.

Felix is 25 and on the cusp of making it into A list celebrity status but after being a child model and later an actor his whole life he needs and takes a break. Said break lands him, first time homeowner, new pupp
True Loveislovereview
Jun 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2020, lgbtq
Felix is a movie star who’s taking a break. He bought a house and a dog.
He got one neighbor, a beautiful, big grumpy of a man, Liam, who despises everything Felix does.
Felix much younger and quite playful and optimistic can’t stop poking him. Liam doesn’t want to talk or have any interaction. Until he understands what Felix is really asking for, to be disciplined. Thát can Liam do.
Not quite the way Felix hoped for, but he will do everything strict Liam asks for.

Their Daddy boy connection is ful
Cindi
Dec 18, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m, 2020, on-blog
I read this forever ago. I even typed a review and left it in draft on On Top Down Under. For some reason, I never published it.

This is a nice story. Liam and Felix are as different as night and day but they work. I didn't rate it higher for a couple of reasons. One, I don't think Felix's manager was handled well. Or if she was, the reader is not made aware of how. And, two, the entire book goes on about the age difference between Felix and Liam yet Liam's actual age is never mentioned. Felix's
Elithanathile
True rating 2.5 stars! Frankly I have nothing bad to say about this book, the book was very sweet and sunny, Liam was a wonderful grumpy bear and Felix was a blast of sunshine, he really was! However I felt to some degree that there was a lot more tell than show and while I was fully engaged until halfway through the book, the second half just lost me ... I got bored and this book just didn’t hold my attention! It just felt like it was going on and on and not much was really happening ... there ...more
Szidi ☼
Jun 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
When I need good romance with hotness I'm 100% sure Colette Davison is the answer.

This book was so good, I have no words. I started reading it and the next thing I know I finished it. So easy to read and fall in love with the story and the characters.

Liam and Felix were adorable and so the opposite of each other. Felix full with smiles and sunshine while Liam the grumpy bear. It was so good. My heart smiled while reading this book.

I loved Felix to the moon, he was so adorable and strict. He w
Sarita Chapdelaine
Jun 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
This is a fun, sweet, hilarious, sexy and entertaining story with great characters. Felix is amazing and he is definitely in need of a Daddy to take him in hand. Liam is a grumpy and sweet man who hasn't had a boy for a long time but when his new neighbor pushes all of his buttons and is not deterred by his bad attitude he may have to deal with him in the only way he knows how. Teaching Felix patience is Liam's first and most difficult task and it leads to some funny situations as Felix enjoys b ...more
Ali
Jun 26, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed
This was a nice story but got lost on the timeline, it takes place within a short period of time but they talk like it’s been a while and having a routine and then talk about how it’s only been a couple days; I had to stop trying to figure it out. Poor Felix, he really doesn’t know how to stand up for himself and it looks like he has let people make decisions for him because it’s easier. Liam helps him see that he can live his life how he wants and Felix has a big decision to make and it needs t ...more
Anna
Apr 13, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was cute. I adore this cover tbh. Also there's a Dalmation pupdog which just added to the cuteness factor. This is an age gap romance between two neighbors. Liam is just happy living his life in early retirement when Felix, an actor just needed a break moves in next door. This book was fine, it's a cutesy contemporary. Very low drama. My only real complaint it that it lacked substance and character detail. ...more
Jamie Lee Zonneveld
Jun 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A Boy Made of Sunshine was my first book by Colette Davison and I loved it so much! It's very well written and I loved Felix and Liam. Also Domino was so sweet. This book is so sweet, hot and sexy. Felix and his Daddy are amazing. ...more
Karolina Cebula
Jul 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Liam's life has been blissfully calm, perfectly boring, just the way he has wanted it. Unfortunately, the idyll ends when a ray of sunshine moves in next door. Felix is always smiling, talking a lot, he's annoying, sassy and incredibly sweet. Liam has no other choice but to forget about peace and quiet he value so much, because it is impossible not to love the sun. And Felix is the sun.

The very first pages of "A Boy Made of Sunshine", Colette Davison's new novel, charmed me with amazing dynamics
Shee Reader
Aug 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A Boy Made of Sunshine by Colette Davidson

Reviewed by Shee Reader for Boy Meets Boy Reviews

Find us on the web at www.boymeetsboyreviews.com

Rating 5 Hearts

Blurb:

A strict older man. A sassy film star. Can opposites attract?

After taking early retirement from the police force, Liam is happy avoiding people and tending to his roses. Or he was, until Felix moves in next door.

Felix is taking a break from his acting career, even though he's on the cusp of stardom. With his cheeky, persistent, and very
K.R. Phoenix
Nov 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sensational!

Just so good! Full of Sunshine, sass, steam and humour, this story is fighting for the top spot this year!

I loved the dynamic between the gruff and serious Liam and the sunny and sassy Felix! add in a adorable puppy and some exceptional Daddy/Boi times and this story lifted my spirits, made me laugh and made me fall in love with these beautiful characters.

Dan does an excellent job narrating. I loved the contrast of gruff and sunny between these two and their unique dialect.

I just lo
Emily Hernandez
Jun 27, 2020 rated it really liked it
Liam and Felix's sweet, low angst romance was such a joy to read. I've always been a fan of Daddy/boy books, and this one is particularly lovely. Felix is, as the title implies, such a cute ray of sunshine that I fell in love with his character immediately. Even Liam, the solitary, grumpy bear next door couldn't resist his charm for long.

It's been a while since I've read a book purely about the developing romance between two characters. Without any background family issues or stirred up drama,
ButtonsMom2003
Jun 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: blog, ku
A little bit kinky but so sweet!

Daddy/boy stories haven't been among my favorites but I seem to have been reviewing a lot of them lately and they are growing on me. A Boy Made of Sunshine is one that I really enjoyed. It's an age-gap story as well as a daddy kink one. I thought the writing was excellent and I loved that the author didn't keep harping on the age difference between the two MCs.

There is so much humor and cuteness in this book that it kept me smiling the whole time I read it. Among
Mari  Cardenas
Jun 29, 2020 rated it really liked it
3.75 Stars

Felix is a 25-year-old movie star who has been working pretty much since he was a little kid, so he decides to take a break and buys a house in the English countryside. Liam is his new neighbor, one that isn't too happy to have such a loud, young, annoying man so close to him. At least not until Felix's persistence starts wearing Liam's defenses down and he can see that perhaps Felix is the boy he's been wishing for.

Felix was like the title of the book says, a ray of sunshine, sweet, q
Heidi Lynn’s BookReviews
Jun 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
First, I want to thank Colette Davison and Gay Book Promotions for providing me with this book so I may bring you this review.

Opposites really do attract in Colette Davison’s latest book The Boy Made of Sunshine. Two totally different characters, backgrounds and ages apart-yet they both lent to a very unique storyline.

The cover of this book was so totally cute! The background and the shy awkward boy with the great smile on the front cover did the book justice. I commend the graphic designer on
Ζωή Παππά
Jun 28, 2020 rated it really liked it
Felix has been an actor since he was a kid, he’s now twenty five and he decides to take a break from acting so he buys a house at the countryside.
Liam used to be a Detective but he took an early retirement and is now enjoying a quiet life. When Felix moves to the house next door everything changes.
Liam is a grumpy man who has seen the worst of humanity and Felix is a sassy, happy man. They seem completely opposite but they fit together perfectly. Felix brings sunshine and joy in Liam’s life and
Wendy
Jun 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A fun story that has opposites attracted to each other and changing each other’s perspective on life.

Extremely well written and highly developed characters spin an interesting light hearted tale. It will have you laughing and smiling at some of the antics the boy concocts to get the attention and punishment from his grumpy bear neighbor.

A boy on the cusp of stardom who needs a handler, even during his break from acting; moves next door to a daddy dom so lonely and entrenched in his solitary reti
This Curly Arab
Jun 27, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: arcs
A sweet story about an older grumpy bear and a younger bratty ray of sunshine. I adored this opposites attract daddy kink story. Liam is glad to spend his retirement away from everyone just tending to his roses. His quiet little life comes to screeching halt when his bratty, much younger, and incredibly attractive neighbor moves in next door. Liam hasn't had a boy for a long time and Felix makes it impossible for him to keep things at status quo. Felix has had his whole life planned out but need ...more
Anabela.M.
For the most part, A Boy Made of Sunshine was charmingly light and funny. The beginning, in particular, was hilarious. I couldn't stop laughing at Liam's irritation every time Felix got into his space or was purposely mischievous, irreverent and bratty. Liam was like a hedgehog, protecting his privacy and isolation, until Felix proved to be what the retired detective really needed in his life: the perfect boy to take care of, or to punish if need arised. And Felix, he'd never expected that movin ...more
Michelle Hayden
Jun 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I received an ARC copy of this book, and as I love daddy kink I could not wait to read it and I wasn't disappointed.

I really don't know if there was ever a boy who needed a daddy more than Felix. He was so cheeky that he really did deserve those spankings!!

Liam showed such restraint, how he didn't murder Felix I really don't know. Add in an adorable puppy Domino and you have a good funny, playful and very sassy read.

I read a lot of American MM authors so the word 'arse' was a bit off-putting as
Xanthe
Jul 02, 2020 rated it really liked it
This is a wonderful, fun read of new neighbours made up of one slightly grumpy ex detective who likes the quiet life and one sassy young actor taking a break and wanting a relaxing home. I love how the two men interact with Felix more than happy to push his company on Logan from the moment he moves in next door. Logan is quite brusque for a while but it makes his Daddy side very appealing. Felix's character is such fun to read, he's not afraid to push boundaries and embrace what Logan is offerin ...more
Lydia Devlin
Jun 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this book!
I can't find the right words,to describe how much I loved this book.
Actor Felix Lee,buys a small country cottage because he's desperate for a break.
His neighbour Liam,is immediately put out by the outrageous furniture and giant painting,that he sees being moved in next door. He is even more put out when he spots his young beautiful new neighbour complete with puppy.
Liam's quiet life is about to be ripped apart in the most pleasurable way possible.
I highly recommend y
Lisa
Jun 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Low angst a grumpy Daddy and a cute puppy honestly what more could you possibly want.

Felix is burnt out he has been acting since he can remember and he just wants a break so when he buys a cute house in a quaint little village in England with a cute puppy he didn’t know his life would be changed by his cute but grumpy next door neighbor. Maybe all he needs is to wind him up a little and that will relax his grumpy neighbor.

Liam is a retired detective. When his neighbor sells up little did he kn
« previous 1 3 next »
Goodreads Librari...: Missing page count 3 16 Jun 30, 2020 04:30PM

• Save Me, Daddy (Rainbow Room #1)
  • Adler and Orrick (A Little Bit of Perfect, #1)
  • One Cup of Daddy and a Dash of Love (Unexpected Daddies, #1)
  • Healing Carson's Little (Different Hearts, #4)
  • Curiosity (Undisclosed, #2)
  • Dear Daddy, Please Praise Me (Naughty or Nice #5)
  • Dear Daddy, Please Love Me (Naughty or Nice, #1)
  • Secret Admirer (Love Notes, #1)
  • Dear Daddy, Please Want Me (Naughty or Nice #4)
  • Call Me Daddy
  • Damaged: Ferron’s Journey Part One (The Playroom #4)
  • Hear Me, Daddy (Rainbow Room #2)
  • Rooming Together (The Boys of Talbert Hall #1)
  • Dear Daddy, Please Keep Me (Naughty or Nice, #7)
  • Brave Boy (Perfect Boys #2)
  • Love Him Free (On the Market, #1)
  • Beautiful Dreamer (Secret Desires, #1)
  • Throne Together (Rosavia Royals, #3)
LGBT > Gay
See top shelves…
I'm an indie author from the UK, who writes contemporary and paranormal M/M romance. My books have flawed characters, happy endings, and lots of heart.

VISIT MY AMAZON AUTHOR PAGE: