Start by marking “Little Cat Needs Space” as Want to Read:
Little Cat Needs Space

Little Cat Needs Space

Little Cat loves a quiet and calm space. Dog doesn’t. When Dog wants to spend more time in Little Cat’s space, Little Cat gets frazzled and then she gets clever. Little Cat makes plan after plan to get back the space she wants... until she finds the space she needs. Children will enjoy Little Cat and Dog’s “sibling-like” playful antics while learning independence is okay b ...more
Published March 27th 2020 by Amazon

To ask other readers questions about Little Cat Needs Space, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Little Cat Needs Space

Start your review of Little Cat Needs Space
Kim Jones
Feb 28, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I absolutely love Dori Durbin’s illustrations. She brings Little Cat and Dog to life in a way that will keep a child’s attention, teach a simple lesson, and grow their love of reading.
Vicky Weber
May 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So cute!

Poor little cat just wants some space. But today, dog wants to play! Will she be able to find a clean cozy spot? Loved this story.
Kim Ann
May 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Playful Cat and Dog Story

A fun and playful story about siblings that just happened to be a cat and dog. It’s fun to follow along as they learn to compromise and coexist.
Moira
Dec 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: done
Loved the artwork and all the little trails Little Cat went on. Very relatable and the ending really made me think, which is what a good book is supposed to do. Great read and good conversation starter with kids.
Amy Mucci
Dec 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Cute story about a little cat wanting space

My daughters and I really enjoyed the cute story. Little cat was very endearing and I think we can all relate to wanting space!
A Blue Box Full of Books
There is nothing that Little Cat enjoys more than a calm and comfortable space. But it is difficult to find such a place when you share your house with a dog. Much as Cat loves to relax and sleep, Dog loves to run and play. But the feline has a plan to escape her invasive friend.

Little Cat escapes but rapidly understands that there is nothing better than home. The simple lesson is told through a simple, tender and fun story. Compromise and coexistence will help Cat enjoy the place that she share
Sheila
Jan 18, 2022 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Little Cat needs her space but Dog wants her to play with him. He keeps hounding her. What is Little Cat to do? Where can she hide?

I adored Little Cat. I understand completely about needing space and being alone. I totally identified with her. Dog was persistent. I liked that he followed her and protected her. I was glad that she came to the conclusion that sometimes she needed others. A good read for your little ones.
Toby Williams
Jun 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Finding Quiet Space

When Little Cat doesn't want to share her space with the family dog, she sets out on a quest to find the purrrfect space. She soon discovers this task is more difficult than she imagined. Follow Little Cat on her fun adventure to see where she finally finds the answer to her challenge.
Amanda Leemis
Jun 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book has awesome illustrations! I think kids will love spending time looking through the drawings and finding where the cat goes hiding. I love the journey the cat goes on to look for space, and I like the message about sharing, which kids always need to hear. This book would be great to have in a classroom!
F
Jun 06, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cute children's book but doesn't have a totally satisfactory conclusion... there is nothing wrong with wanting a little space but the book skews toward the dog being right... at least that's how it came across to me. A happy medium could be beneficial. ...more
Cindy Ninni Ninni
Little Cat just wants peace and quiet, while dog wants attention and someone to play with.
Kids will love all the things Little Cat does to try to get away from dog.
Eventually, Little Cat learns to compromise.
Robyn Michaels
Jul 11, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Nice story.

Nice story. It flowed well. Illustrations were great too.

Text size was way too small tho. If the text would not have been bold I would not have been able to read any of it! This was why I deleted a star.
ReensReads
Sep 12, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cute and entertaining

This is a nice story about how we need space to ourselves sometimes for some peace and quiet but other times, it is nice to be around others too. The illustrations are cute. The text is a little too small though.
Czarina Le Tran
Jun 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Realization of sharing space

The story is about a cat who wishes for a quiet place but finds herself in a bigger mess. She realizes that her space can be shared with those who matter. My daughter and I enjoyed the comic style dialogue between the cat and dog.
Hyacinth
The colors are vibrant. Sometimes, the easiest solution is to comply, lol!
Cynthia  Gutzwiller
Here is a fascinating cute story about a cat who just wants space all by herself. Space to stretch in the sun. A cozy, clean space to calm down. The illustrations show how happy the little cat is. Wait!! Someone is in her space!!
It's a doooog!! Who wants to plaaay.
He won't stop coming around. Finally little cat figures out a game that cat and dog could play together. What could it be? Do you know? Well, I'm not sharing, maybe tomorrow. You can play hide and seek and find out. I promise.
Zachary Harless
Nov 14, 2020
Kate
Oct 12, 2020
Ben Morhaime
rated it did not like it
Feb 01, 2022
Jenna Bouche
Jul 22, 2020

• The River Fairy's Dream: A Fairy Tale
  • Molly McBean Clutterbug Queen
  • How Our Skin Sparkles: A Growth Mindset Children's Book for Global Citizens About Acceptance (Sparkling Me Series 1)
  • Nosey Nelly: Visits the Zoo
  • Clover Kitty Goes to Kittygarten
  • A Silly Milly Fall: Halloween and Thanksgiving with a Really Big Dog!
  • Do Not Wish for a Birthday Unicorn!: A silly story about teamwork, empathy, compassion, and kindness (Silly Books for Kids!)
  • The Very Hungry Spider (Silly Wood Tale Book 1)
  • The Good Manners: Children's etiquette in fairy tales
  • The Power in Me
  • Kat and Juju
  • Groovy Granny: Funny Rhyming Picture Book for ages 3-8 (Funny Grandparents Series (Beginner and Early Readers) 3)
  • The Song Garden
  • Kindness Snippet Jar
  • Danny and the Dinosaur
  • The Best Nest
  • Pete the Kitty Goes to the Doctor (My First I Can Read)
  • Mac and Cheese and the Perfect Plan
Dori Durbin grew up most of her life in a small town in Michigan. After earning a BA in English and a secondary teaching certification, Dori taught high and middle school English and Science classes for ten years. She obtained her Master of Arts degree in Social work with an emphasis on Community Services.

After an illness, she switched gears and began her career as an certified personal trainer an

News & Interviews

It’s hard to believe the year 2022 is already coming to an end. That went fast, didn’t it? Still, there’s just enough time to wedge in a...