Start by marking “The Weight on Skin (Red, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Weight on Skin (Red, #2)

The Weight on Skin

(Red #2)

I saw him first. I loved him first, but he never noticed me...his best friend.

Eight months have gone by, and I still haven’t moved on from the woman I love.
I bring home women who are like her every night, but the next morning, I wake up empty.
I have the list of “Things To do” that she left for me, but I don’t know how to complete them.
Because some secrets are too big to b
Published July 15th 2020 by Beena Khan (first published July 7th 2020)

To ask other readers questions about The Weight on Skin, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Weight on Skin

Start your review of The Weight on Skin (Red, #2)
Yeasmin Alo
Sep 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
*Copy kindly provided by the author in exchange of an honest review*

Alexaaaa Play⤵

🌼You are the Reason-Calum Scott🌼

So it is the Follow along book of The Name of Red (#Red series)

I haven’t expected it will be a 5 out of 5 read.
Usually I like the first book of a series more than the second one. But I couldn’t help it.It was deserving all the way.

This book is a Journey of
🌻Coping up
🌻Moving foward
🌻Redemption
🌻Giving life a second chance
🌻Being Brave

This book is all about feelings and I love that when
Cristina
Sep 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Copy kindly provided by the author in exchange of an honest review.

First of all... thank you, Beena! Thank you for writing this amazingly beautiful series! I think it might have become my favorite series read this year. This being said, if I thought that the first book - The name of Red - was a beautiful tragedy, the second one was a masterpiece.

I fell in love with this storyline... I didn’t think there was anything that could surprise me anymore. Not after Red. But I was so wrong! I loved how
Fatima Nauman
Jul 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
"Breathe Kabir Breathe."
"Remember you’ll always have me
I’m your ride or die…."

Once again I’m blown away by Beena Khan’s writing…
She’s taken something trivial… no something that we all face in our lives and then she's turned it into something really, really beautiful and sad and depressing yet it still has that beautiful thing that keeps us going and pulls us out of the dark pits of despair.
Hope
"Hope, Kabir. Hope gives you the courage to move on."
Let’s talk about Kabir…
"Welcome to my life off o
Beena Khan
Jul 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: muslim-authors
“Because I was tired of being your boat. Because I didn’t want to be your harbor anymore. I wanted to be your storm.”

“Sad qalb ham baraaye resaandan-e hameye eshq-e man be to kheili kam ast.”
“What does that mean in Farsi?”
She looked up at him shyly, and he caught his breath. “A hundred hearts would be too few to carry all my love for you,” she admitted.
“If you keep saying things like that, I’ll fall in love with you more."

Kabir's story continues in this dark, twisty, and steamy sequel
✨ Lucy ✨
Jan 07, 2021 rated it really liked it
“There’s only so many times a heart can break.
One day, it will be okay, but it’ll heal all wrong.
It’ll heal with you outside of it.”

what a journey .

This is the second book I read from this author, and I found also this one really good.

It was a real page turner .

There were so many emotions and feelings coming out of this amazing story.

With this book we got the opportunity to get to know the characters on a much more deeper level than the previous book in the series.

“Pain makes you fearless.”

It i
Honestmamreader
Aug 28, 2020 rated it really liked it
The Weight On Skin is the follow up book to The Name Of Red. Now, you can read this one as a standalone if you want. But, for the full on reading experience and getting to know the characters much deeper then I suggest you read them in order. You will then get to understand why Kabir, the central character in The Weight On Skin is completely devoted to Red.

The Kabir we knew in The Name Of Red, the gentle soul, the sweet and charming man. He is hidden under a huge depth of loss and heartbreak at
Aneela
Sep 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Loved it!! It was an amazing sequel that dealt with a lot of self-reflection, acknowledging the past in retrospect, personal preferences, teen and adult trauma, and much more.
Elif’s presence is so strong within this one as she guides Kabir to put his guards down and acknowledge his potential and truest desires.
Highly recommend!!!
Coco.V
Oct 16, 2020 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebie
🎁 FREE on Amazon today (10/16/2020)! 🎁
Michelle
Jul 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I received a free ARC from the author for the promise of an honest review.

This was a great conclusion to The Name of Red. It is the book where Kabir grieves for his relationship and how he overcomes the lost of it. It is emotional and pulls on your heart. Kabir faces his past and looks towards the future.

The story is well written with the characters you love from The Name of Red.
R Huiszoon
Jan 10, 2021 rated it really liked it
Beena Khan, ‘The Weight on Skin’.
“Breathe, Kabir, Breathe”.

As a reviewer I received a free copy of this book and promised an honest comment. Here it is.

Rating: 3,5 (of 5 stars).

In general: Grieving and regaining interest in life.

Since a long time I considered Milan Kundera’s “The Unbearable Lightness of Being” (great novel!) one of the most intriguing book titles I knew. The title “The Weight on Skin” falls almost in the same category.
Unfortunately, for me, the content of the book does not have
KKEC Reads
Oct 02, 2020 rated it really liked it
A LOVE Story

Thank you, Beena, for sending me a copy of this novel. I appreciate your kindness, and generosity and your belief in my review. It has been a pleasure reading for you.

This book was really good. Much faster paced than the first book in the series. The character development was very well done. We get to see an entirely different side to Kabir, and he becomes so much more realistic in the construction of this novel.
I have to admit, I enjoyed the writing in this book over the last book.
Sharon
Aug 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I couldn’t wait to read the sequel to Beena Khan’s incredible The Name of Red to find out what happens to the gentle and loving Kabir after such a heartbreaking ending. As I hoped, the author gives us a look at Kabir’s life, past and present, to understand his friendships and relationships and how they made him who he is.

Kabir has fascinated me from the first book. His mild and gentle manner is very appealing along with his love of books which are named throughout the two books and have gone on
Michelle Whitham (curled_up_with_a_good_book)
This novel follows on from The Name of Red, and Kabir is still struggling with his heartbreak. The gentle Kabir has gone, and in his place is a playboy who brings a different woman home every night….until his ghosts start to catch up with him…… He becomes determined to return to the career that he loves, medicine, but he needs to put some other ghosts to bed first. And when chance brings him and his estranged best friend Nadia, back together he starts feeling things he hasn’t felt for her before ...more
Melina Lobo
Jul 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
“A hundred hearts would be too few to carry all my love for you,”
🦄🦄🦄
Months after the love of his life passed away, Kabir is still finding it hard to live in a world without her, a world without Red.
Everywhere he goes he sees her and finds it difficult to move on but as he starts to tackle her To Do list for him, he starts to get a grip back on reality and the people he's cut out from him life.
Can she save him before it's too late?
🦄🦄🦄
The Weight on Skin is the Sequel to Beena Khan's novel, The Nam
Harriet Bennett
Oct 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The follow up book to The Name of Red and I actually, I think I enjoyed this even more.

IN A NUTSHELL
We are back with Kabir months following his loss of Red although this Kabir is very different to the Kabir we were first introduced to in the first book.
The Weight On Skin Kabir is in the midst of grieving and learning how to adjust without having Red in his life. His heart is broken and he feels damaged and lost. We follow him on a journey to learn to live after Red, will he complete the list
Jessica Mulcrone
Nov 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
The Weight on Skin was a great follow-up to The Name in Red. While it wasn't exactly what I was expecting, the story fit seamlessly with the first book in the series, explored interesting subjects, and hooked me on new characters almost instantly.

I'm trying to put into words exactly what it is about this series that is so alluring. I think perhaps it's the kindness in the characters' souls that drives me to care about them so deeply I can't stop reading. Some new themes I really enjoyed from th
celln (talesbysel)
Jul 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: author-requests
4.5 stars!

OMG!! What did I just read? I saw my Goodreads name "celln" in the Afterward of the book. Beena, you're incredible, you just made my day! And this was also my first ARC review so I'm over the moon!

We're going on a journey with a miserable Kabir whose heart is broken 2 times. How many times can you fall in love in a lifetime? Is 3 a charm? Do you believe in right person, right time analogy? If not, maybe, this book will make you believe it.

"A hundred hearts would be too few to carry al
Mare Wings
Nov 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
*This review is in Spanish and English. / Esta reseña está en español e inglés.*

"He didn´t recognize the skin he was in. He was living Red´s life now."
"Él no reconocía la piel en la que estaba. Él estaba viviendo la vida de Red ahora."

I was surprised by the path this story took. A very moving story, it teaches you to empathize and recognize our own weaknesses. The story was very interesting, and it showed you all the emotions that Kabir experienced every day.

The method that Kabir took to endure
Rachel Welsh
Jul 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This was an important story to be told and I'm glad I got to read it.

This follow up worked really well and it didn’t have any less impact on me than the first novel as sequels often do. It was equal to or better than the first book. It has the same depth of emotion and the thought that has gone into this book was wonderful.

The author has once again dealt with very difficult and painful themes expertly. The exploration of the main character's grief really impacted me and haunted me after finishin
Tiffany Copple
Oct 18, 2020 rated it really liked it
4 stars for The Weight of Skin by Beena Khan. This is book two in the Red Series duet. Kabir just cannot seem to move on from the woman je loves. He still loves Red and cannot get over her. In this book we got a different side of Kabir. He is now a big playboy and cannot get away from his past. Nadia is back. Uh Oh. “Hope, Kabir. Hope gives you the courage to move on.” I know this might be a different opinion from some, but I was excited for Nadia to be back. She deserves something great. Nadia ...more
Rosie Luffingham
Jul 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
So, here we are…the aftermath of Red’s death. We struggled along with Kabir as he buried his friend, his lover. Now we struggle along with him as he drags himself through his grief. You really do need to read the first book in order to fully grasp the extent of Kabir’s journey; he develops both emotionally and physically throughout the series. I gave it four stars because the ending was slightly predictable; as it was given/hinted at in the last book (*spoiler alert*). I has already figured it o ...more
Victoria Rodríguez
Jul 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A book with an incredibly beautiful story, I loved having had the opportunity to read about Kabir's life. Eight long months have passed, in which Kabir has not been able to overcome the woman he loved the most. The name of this woman is still present in his mind. Kabir has been trying to heal this emptiness he feels, which is why he has been seeing other women. However, he does have a list of things to do that Red left in his fridge. Kabir does not know how he can complete these seemingly imposs ...more
Amy
Jul 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The Weight on Skin continues Beena Khan's Red series. I really enjoyed the first book, The Name of Red, and this one does not disappoint I would definitely recommend to read this series in order.

Beena Khan's talent really shines through in The Weight on Skin. I loved getting to know Kabin and see how he deals with tragedy. I read the whole book in a few hours.

The Weight on Skin gets a five plus stars from me. I loved it. I look forward to reading the third installment of the Red series, Color
M.E. Aster
Jan 11, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Beena Khan continues Red and Kabir’s tale in The Weight on Skin.

Using a skillful mix of the past and present, Khan weaves the tale of Kabir’s teenager/young adult years, showing us how he met Wafa and how he and Nadia were as younger people. Throughout the tale, we watch Kabir grieve and heal, letting go of one love and allowing another to come into his life.

Touching on topics that we all can relate to including bullying, harmful habits, and dealing with loss, The Weight on Skin is a poignant
Bianca
Jun 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I had the opportunity to read a copy of this book sent to me from the author, but all opinions are my own.

I loved the relationships shown in this book! If you are searching for a novel with realistic characters and relationships I recommend this one. The characters are multidimensional and the book has a really peculiar atmosphere to it, so that the stories of the characters feel realistic but also larger than life at the same time.
I enjoyed following Kabir’s journey towards healing and forgive
Brenda Moser
Oct 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is a well written book with strong, well developed characters and a heartbreaking story line. The author does a fantastic job bringing out all the emotions flowing throughout and had me captivated from start to finish reading. This is a much more serious story than the first book dealing with Kabir's unhappiness and loss. The author brings her story to life with her descriptive and detailed writing and moves the story fluidly ,delivering another wonderful read. Highly recommend this book.

I
Mateja Lah Vojska
Dec 30, 2020 rated it really liked it
"Ride or die."

This book was really good. Much faster paced than the first book in the series.

I wanted to know more about Kabir and his past is revealed in here. It's heartbreaking and emotional read, I kinda didn't expect him to go so easy going and make so many one night stands.

I was rooting for Nadia since reading about her on book 1, and I was happy Red saw it too.
It must have been heartbreaking to see Kabir with so many women.

Story was complex, it has past events involved to understand be
A.M. Gilliam
Sep 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Such a heart-grabbing read

I enjoyed this book tremendously. It’s a story about grief, moving on and finding yourself again after trauma. It was emotional and funny at times. I really enjoyed it and I’m looking for to reading more books by this author! Elif and Kadir’s story is an interesting one but Nadia and Kadir’s story really brought this book alive for me. ❤️❤️
Katia
Jun 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book was a pleasant surprise and I actually enjoyed it more than its predecessor. Not only did we see a broken Kabir learn to pick himself back up and move on, but we also got to dig deeper into his heartbreaking and wonderfully emotional past. I feel like Beena Khan has mastered more of the art of writing a beautiful chemistry between two characters whether or not if they don't belong together forever. She gives such depth to each of her characters as well as redemption arcs that show us t ...more
Juliette Townsend
Jul 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I was captivated and eager to see Kabir really become who he was supposed to be. I was invested the whole time. This book is beautifully written and while the reward is great for having read the first book, it's not necessary and this will still be a captivating read! I could not recommend this book enough. :) ...more
Goodreads Librari...: Update alternate book cover 5 332 Oct 07, 2020 05:46PM

• Gemina (The Illuminae Files, #2)
  • You Deserve Each Other
  • The Last Flight
  • The Worst Best Man
  • The Fallen Legacies (Lorien Legacies: The Lost Files, #3)
  • The Search for Sam (Lorien Legacies: The Lost Files, #4)
  • The Seasons of Callan Reed
  • Home Before Dark
  • The Art of Falling For You (Falling, #1)
  • Sweet Temptation
  • The Forty Rules of Love
  • Finding Chika: A Little Girl, an Earthquake, and the Making of a Family
  • Macbeth (Hogarth Shakespeare)
  • Scandalous (Sinners of Saint, #3)
  • Girls of Summer
  • On Ocean Boulevard (Beach House #6)
  • Unmarriageable
  • A Brand New Ending (Stay, #2)
Beena Khan is based in NYC where she brings dark fairytales to life. She writes edgy new adult, contemporary, and mafia romances that give you a book hangover. She has a Masters's Degree in Developmental Psychology. She published her first book, the Name of Red when she was 26. Come say hi at beenaxkhan@gmail.com or her Twitter/Instagram @beenaxkhan. All of her books are on Kindle Unlimited and au ...more

Red (6 books)
  • The Name of Red (Red, #1)
  • Color Me Red (Red #3)
  • The Whispers of Rifts (Red #4)
  • The Scarlet Night (Red #5)
  • Six Feet Apart (Red #6)