Start by marking “Nate” as Want to Read:
Nate

Nate

Nate Monson was gorgeous, obnoxiously wealthy, and a player.
He was also the person who could destroy my world with a single decision.

I walked into that bar looking for him.
He saw me. I saw him.
The chemistry sizzled between us, but no.

I hated Nate Monson.
I hated him with everything in me, even though my body did not.
It didn’t matter.

Nothing I wanted mattered.
He tho
Published February 9th 2021

To ask other readers questions about Nate, please sign up.
Sarah - Book of Roses It is neither. Characters are in their late 20s/early 30s. There is a HEA.
Giseli The timeline should be the 1990s, since Nate open the camera to expose the paparazzi film. So weird.

Start your review of Nate

Story/Plot: 📘📗📕📙📘
World building: 🌏🌏🌍🌏🌎
Character development: ☺️🤓🥸😎🙃

The setting: Seattle

The Hero(s): Nate Monson - Best friend to Mason, Logan and Sam from Fallen Crest series. Nate grew up wealthy and is fiercely loyal to his friends but has been a bit of a player. He had an on again – off again friends with benefits relationship with Valerie (half-sister to Quincey).

The heroine(s): Quincey Royas - Principle ba
naz
Feb 09, 2021 rated it did not like it
DEAD SISTER FUCK BUDDY BASICALLY EX TROPE

The blurb is very misleading. The baby is not the h's but her dead sister, valerie's baby. I wanted to scream, why do authors love sister double dipping so much???? DISGUSTING. Valerie and Nate weren't in a committed relationship but they were fucking for years after meeting at university. Also I went back to fallen crest university to see if valerie made an appearance there and she did.
quotes from fcu:
"Yeah. The rest of the night is a long blur, but I r
Elizabeth
Feb 09, 2021 marked it as nope-nope-nope
Sister double dipping. I wish romance authors would figure out it's not romantic to sleep with a guy who slept with your sister for years and had a baby with her. It's disgusting and makes her sloppy seconds. A heroine in a romance book should be on a pedestal for the hero, that's the whole damn point of reading a romance book, its fiction. It really annoys me that the heros are always on pedestals in romance books for the heroine (and for readers who let them get away with things the heroine ne ...more
Sentranced Jem
Nov 06, 2020 rated it liked it
Let it be known throughout that I am a die hard fan of Tijan’s books.
As a fan of her Fallen Crest High series, I have been waiting for what feels like FOREVER for Nate’s book. I am not being dramatic when I say that I had to take a few deep breathes before starting Nate because OMG the book was FINALLY infront of me!
No one can say that I can love only one Hero because I love Tijan’s heroes...and Nate was one ‘secondary character’ I wanted to know more about.

I can’t believe I’m writing this BUT
Snow
Feb 08, 2021 rated it really liked it
review after finishing the book
ah, after I have literally jumped from joy when I saw this book was out, after finishing the same book, I had mixed feelings about it...

I liked it and I didn't...

the complexity of my own sentiments is strictly connected to the details in the story and the characters...now, while I wasn't very much interested in Nate through out Fallen Crest series, he actually intrigued me in his own book...he was all sorts of alphas, so to speak LOL and that was absolutely fantast
♂️Must Have Book Boyfriends ♂️

Nate Monson was gorgeous, obnoxiously wealthy, and a player.
He was also the person who could destroy my world with a single decision.

To say I've been anticipating this book would be a HUGE UNDERSTATEMENT. I NEEDED IT. BAD. So I literally SCREAMED when I found out I won an early copy of this! I’m still screaming.

Ever since I met Nate Monson in the Fallen Crest series, I needed more of him! His story is everything I hoped it would be, and more. For the record, this book can definitely be rea
Wendys Wycked Words
4,5 stars... So glad Nate found his hea. Awesome read!! Review to come
GimmeAllTheWerdssss
Feb 09, 2021 rated it liked it
A while back I walked away from Tijan. Her style and I just weren't meshing and there were some things that became evident on her FB page that, for me, ruined her as an author in my eyes. I haven't touched a book of hers since the completely f'd up mess that was Logan Kade.

Moving forward...the only reason I read this was to get a sense of completion. Nate's book has been a long time coming. So, call it nostalgia if you want.

For what its worth this book didn't have the OW drama I have come to ex
Becca
Feb 09, 2021 rated it it was ok
That was such meh read for me. I wish I enjoyed it but both the characters were just mediocre and the plots in the book had no correlation to me.
Rain
Meh

I feel like I waited forever for the us to come out, and I was just disappointed. My number one least favorite them slot sis filled by two distinct themes dead ex, sister screwing, and follows for a close second... single parent. This book had all thee. The sister was the dead ex and she never told him about the baby. On top of that I didn’t really like the heroine. She was older (almost 30) and was definitely missing the sweet quirkiness that we get in most of Tijans heroines. She manages to
TJ
Feb 11, 2021 rated it really liked it
Another addition to the very fabulous Fallen Crest world. Nate has always been a bit of a mystery to me so I have looked forward to his story. Throughout most of the book I wasn’t sure if I liked him or not. He was scrumptiously protective of his daughter and Quincy but his inability to convey any emotion was infuriating. By the end, however, he had proven himself and completely deserved that happily ever after.

As a side note - I feel really bad for Taylor! Logan has been with her for almost as
❀ Crystal ✿ -  PEACE ☮ LOVE ♥ BOOKS
It literally pains me that I did not like this book. When I saw Nate was getting his own book I was floored and marked the release date on my calendar. However I must say this book did not even come close to meeting my expectations. Not to mention like another reviewer notes, the blurb for the book is kind of misleading. I went in thinking we would have one story but it was something totally different, and for me-not in a good way! (view spoiler) ...more
Sam
Feb 10, 2021 rated it it was ok
As a preface, while I am aware that these are fictional characters created by said author, I generally rate my reviews based on the characters, their actions, and circumstances as if they were people who exist in real life. I love Tijan and will be continuing reading her future work.

I’m sorry to say it, but this was a complete miss for me.

Okay....to put it less delicately.....

I really freaking hated this book. And what makes it all a bit worse is that:

1. I didn’t expect it to be so blah and 2
Katie
Feb 16, 2021 rated it liked it
1.5 disappointing stars. After waiting so long for Nate's book the whole thing felt rushed. Story line thrown together. I really expected more for him. ...more
Anna
Sep 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
WHO IS THE LOVE INTEREST I NEED TO KNOW

(theories and ideas welcome)
Eileen Robinson
Feb 08, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2021, 5-star-reads
Although for those of us who have read and Love our Obession with the Fallen Crest Series, this is a book we have craved for quite a while and i could barely contain myself or believe it was here !!!
I must also say at this point that Nate's story can totally be read as a standalone.
My expectations with Tijan are always high, because she just doesn't give us books we love she gives us stories and characters that we just don't fall in love with, they stay with us permanently!!

Let me say right her
Michele
Amazing Read

I love the Fallen Crest world, so I was so happy to finally see Hate get his happily ever after. You do not need to read all the books connected to the Fallen Crest series but if you haven't read them then go get them as well. You see so many cross over characters and you really only get snipets into their lives. But lets talk about Hate...ugh he is so swoon worthy and I honestly just loved getting to know him more, he is so protective over the ones he loves! Then there was Quincy, s
Veronica WordsAreMyDrinkOfChoice
Mariana parra
Feb 10, 2021 rated it it was ok
I'm disappointed. TBH not her best work. the writing style is poorly. ...more
Madison Owens
Jan 17, 2021 rated it it was amazing
So excited to read Nate books! The Fallen Crest series is one of my favorites!!
Viviana Varona
Jan 31, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I won an ARC from the author and received it today.
It was a beautiful and emotional love story. I loved it and I can't recommend it enough.
Rosie
Feb 17, 2021 rated it really liked it
Tijan’s books are some of my favourites, and I will say it time and time again. I adore her standalones, but I didn’t quite realise how happy I would be returning to the Fallen Crest world so fully as you do in Nate. You’ve had hints of these characters in the Crew series, but seeing Nate, Mason, Logan, and Sam again made me so happy, it felt like I was returning home to old friends. Nate had intrigued me since reading Fallen Crest in 2014, so I knew his book was going to be a good one, and I wa ...more
Alyssa
Feb 13, 2021 rated it it was ok
Shelves: kid
Typical Tijan so I enjoyed it, but not her greatest either. A few of my gripes:

- Nova is in the book but not really IN it. She literally has about 5 lines. She seriously could have been more of a dog than a kid. As a new mom I feel a little bit cheated by this. Kids in stories are usually the most lovable characters, but in this one we don't even really know her.
- The drama with Duke was put to rest too easily, for how much it was talked about and stressed over.
- I don't feel like a had a good h
Laura Jackson
Feb 10, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Brilliant! Going into this book I took what I remembered of Nate from Fallen Crest series and he wasn’t the kind of guy I imagined stayed.. he wasn’t loyal to anyone but the family they created and even then he had issues with Sam and Taylor at first.. he was exactly what he said he was a Eff boy.. so when I started this book I was sure he would leave at some point but after Rich Prick I should have known he was a changed man.. this book let me see him as the man Nate not the boy and holy hotnes ...more
Lavada Valentine
Feb 10, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I’m not sure where to begin. I feel like us fans have been waiting eons for a Nate book. To say your fans love the world of Fallen Crest is like saying Christians love Jesus. It’s an understatement.

I tried reading it slow but that never works does it? I fell in love with Quincey. She’s definitely a great fit for Nate. It was amazing reading his point of view. The treat we have all needed but weren’t sure we knew it.

It stands out to me that Nate implies his childhood was normal but it wasn’t at
❣ KeSa'S ♥ BoOkBlOg ♥ ObSeSsIoN ❣
Omg! Read this book in one sitting.

I ❤ books by Tijan, Carter Reed was the first book I read by this author and her books are just amazing♥

Fallen Crest Series although I read book 1, I never did read the rest of the series, still won't 2 😂...But this book here my gosh, it had all the feels.

Hero - Nate's whole life changes as soon as he finds out he has a two year old daughter. No one and I mean NO ONE is keeping him away from her. His sister and brother in law, as well as his best friends are
Dawn
Feb 09, 2021 rated it really liked it
Worth the wait!

I have waited a long time for Nate Monsoon to tell his story, he has been there since the start of the fallen crest series and now he is her in his very own stand alone.

You can read this as a stand alone but to understand Nate better you should really start at the begining.

Nate is older now probably wiser but still the playboy and that all changes when he finds out he is a dad. Quincey is the auntie who has come along to change his world with the news of fatherhood and the fight
Beatriz Haas
4-4.5 🌟

I really, really enjoyed this book!!!

I went in totally blind. I just knew it was about Nate and that’s it. Annnd I’m really glad I did that way because the first 2 chapters already blew my mind.

I was very wary with the whole sister situation because I don’t like double dipping like that but the way the whole story developed was ok and it didn’t feel icky.

I think what I enjoyed the most was Nate as a parent and his whole evolution regarding relationships in general. He was so sweet with N
Turning Pages At ...: Nate by Tijan 5 24 Feb 14, 2021 12:01PM
Challenge Corner: Nate by Tijan --> Starting February 12th, 2021 22 10 Feb 11, 2021 01:44PM
YA Buddy Readers'...: Nate by Tijan - Starting February 12th, 2021 6 9 Feb 11, 2021 12:29PM
Fallen Into Tijan...: February-April (2021) BotM: Nate 1 14 Feb 08, 2021 02:57AM
Fallen Into Tijan...: Nate 1 19 May 23, 2020 04:33PM

• Conclave (Devil's Night, #3.5)
  • Twisted Palace (The Royals, #3)
  • Marauder (Gangsters of New York, Book #2)
  • Mercenary (Gangsters of New York, #3)
  • Man of Honor (The Fausti Family, #1)
  • The Opposite of You (Opposites Attract, #1)
  • The Difference Between Us (Opposites Attract, #2)
  • Bad Habit (Bad Love, #1)
  • Salvation and Secrets (Chastity Falls, #2)
  • Loyalty and Lies (Chastity Falls, #1)
  • Ace of Hearts (The Cursed Ravens MC, #1)
  • Wild Ride (Wind Dragons MC, #4.5)
  • Knuckle Down (The Cursed Ravens MC, #2)
  • Three Wishes
  • The Takeover (The Miles High Club, #2)
  • Crossroads (Wind Dragons MC, #6)
  • Bad Intentions (Bad Love, #2)
  • Last Ride (Wind Dragons MC, #5.5)

News & Interviews