Start by marking “40-Love (There's Something About Marysburg, #2)” as Want to Read:
40-Love (There's Something About Marysburg, #2)

40-Love

(There's Something About Marysburg #2)

This match is no game.

When a rogue wave strips Tess Dunn of her bikini top, desperate, half-naked times call for desperate, please-cover-me-kids-are-coming-closer measures. Enter Lucas Karlsson, AKA that flirty Swede in the water nearby. When he prevents her bare buoys from being exposed to fellow vacationers, even an ocean can’t drown the sparks that fly.

Lucas, a former t
Published June 18th 2020 by Hussies & Harpies Press (first published May 16th 2020)

To ask other readers questions about 40-Love, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about 40-Love

Start your review of 40-Love (There's Something About Marysburg, #2)
Chloe Liese
Swoony. Hot. Endearing. This is my first book by Olivia Dade, but it won’t be my last.

This is my kind of romance—real bodies, crystal clear consent, playfulness, intimacy, and frank conversation. I found 40-Love delightfully refreshing and had a smile on my face pretty much the whole time.

This book did so much so well: as I’ve mentioned above, it wrote intimate communication and physicality so well, and overall it also did a lovely job of building three dimensional people. I also loved Tess’s b
aarya
2020 Ripped Bodice Summer Bingo: ‪Set On Island

RTC

Disclaimer: I received a free e-ARC from the author in exchange for an honest review.
b.andherbooks
May 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
40-Love by Olivia Dade has my whole heart. From the moment Tess's naked breasts squashed against Lucas's bare back and the joke's started flying, I fell in love. So absolutely sexy and tender and a perfect example of what I need in romance right now.

Tess Dunn cannot believe a 26-year-old former tennis pro was ACTUALLY flirting with during her bare-breasted rescue, but after her best friend and travel partner books her solo lessons with the smokin' hot Swede, Tess soon finds out Lucas Karlsson is
Ⓐlleskelle - That ranting lady ッ
⭐️⭐️2 stars, DNF at 70% ⭐️⭐️

I'm new to Olivia Dade's books, I've had the pleasure to read her upcoming "Spoiler Alert" recently and absolutely adored it (releases October 6th), thought I'd try her most recent release and continue what I was hoping would become her backlist binge.
Unfortunately for everything the blurb lured me in with, the story failed to keep my interest. I was bored. There is no other way to put it. Took me days and some skimming to make it to 70%.

No connection to neither the h
sil ♡ the book voyagers
May 30, 2020 rated it really liked it
I have wanted a tennis romance for a while now. And although it isn't really a tennis romance (the hero is a former professional tennis player), it did give me some little things about the sport of tennis that I so enjoy reading. 40-Love is an upcoming romance that everyone should have in their lists. Not only because of that BEAUTIFUL cover but because of Tess and Lucas who are ready for you to meet them.

Tess is taking a vacation in this little secluded island with her best friend. There she m
Jess
Jun 23, 2020 rated it really liked it
This is a completely not fair thing to be doing, but the only reason this is getting four stars instead of five is because I am thinking about it in relation to Teach Me, which is a perfect book that I connected with so deeply. Because this book? This book is excellent. The boob stuff made me feel so seen. The tennis stuff was amazing and the hero FELT like an athlete who hadn't ever known anything else and was having to figure out the rest of his life. (I did not realize the hero was supposed t ...more
Ashton Reads
Aug 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
I adored this! Despite Tess frustrating me at times with her fixation on the age gap in the beginning, their first meeting was hilarious, and Lucas was such a cinnamon roll. I also loved when he finally called Tess out for keeping him at a distance, and how they both pushed each other to move outside their comfort zones. And those steamy scenes *fans self*

I am officially a big fan of Olivia Dade and am so excited for her next book!
Angelica
Mar 27, 2021 rated it it was ok
I had high hopes for this. but alas, it didn't live up to them and I don't feel like writing a whole review.
this is all you get!
Leigh Kramer
This was perfect! That's not surprising because Olivia is a marvelous writer but this time she really outdid herself. So much laughing, so many feelings, so much swooning over Lucas and relating to Tess. I wish I had the same luck as Tess when I traveled. Minus the wardrobe malfunction, to be clear.

Tess is the same age as me (40) so I really enjoyed her and Lucas’s discussion of cultural touchstones. But I was on Lucas’s side because when it comes to dating someone younger than you, it really co
Kim
40-Love

Find this review and more at kimberlyfaye reads.

Have you ever loved a book so much you wanted to shout that love from the rooftops? Make everyone you know read it? That’s how I felt the instant I finished 40-Love. Ok, let’s be honest, I felt that way about two chapters into the book and still feel the same days later. Why did it take me so long to pick up an Olivia Dade book? Big fail on my part, but at least I’ve learned my lesson and I can commence my backlist binge immediately.

What di
LianaReads blog
May 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
My first book by the author and what a ride!
I loved every single page of this beautiful love story.
It’s so well written and the characters are reliable to the point with all the insecurities that comes at every age, all the differences between them and dreams and plainly what makes them thick.
Age gap romance where the heroine is older is not something that I usually read but the author makes me go hunting for more similar books.
I definitely recommend it and can’t wait for the next book becau
Camille
I preordered this book based on the description and ARC reviews only to be sorely disappointed.

I am so bored. This 42% has been a chore. Th heroine, Tess, is didactic, has weird ideas about being 40, is irrational and overly demanding of quick emotional intimacy. Poor Lucas. Moreover, in spite of dual points of view, we still don’t really see or get to know Lucas.

In addition to such, the other characters, the setting, the exposition, and the tension are all flat. There is no romance and nothin
Ivy Deluca
description

What an absolute delight. You know those reads that make you smile when you see it pop up on your kindle and you can’t stop smiling all the way through? That’s this book.

Full disclosure - I’ve interacted with Olivia Dade on Twitter, and I have received ARCs from her in the past, but it in no way affects my review of her books. I bought this one with my own money, and I’m exceedingly happy I did it.

The quick sitch is this - Tess is on a birthday/vacation trip with her best friend, when she has a
Becky
May 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Wow! This book was so wonderful. I had no idea I needed it. I loved the literal 40 love. The heroine is turning 40. While she's on vacation, she has a ridiculously funny meet cute with a hot swedish tennis instructor. The amount of love that Olivia Dade gives to a plus size woman who is turning 40 is beyond delightful. Her description of gray hair creeping in on you is amazing. I could relate to this woman so much, which just made the story work for me.

Full disclosure: review is based on a free
Alex (HEABookNerd)
Series: There's Something About Marysburg #2
Rating: 4 stars - really enjoyable

One Sentence Summary: That last thing soon-to-be-40 Tess Dunn expects on her island birthday vacation is to have a sexy affair with the younger tennis instructor at the resort.

40-LOVE was a joy to read and I especially loved Tess and Lucas as our couple. While they have a pretty large age gap, they've both lived a lot in their lives, from the highs to the lows. I especially enjoyed how confident and self-assured Tess w
Jen (That's What I'm Talking About)
Tess is celebrating her upcoming 40th birthday by taking a tropical vacation with her best friend. When a rogue wave takes Tess’s bikini top, she enlists the help of a handsome stranger to help keep innocent children from seeing her rather large assets.

Lucas is the resort’s once-pro, tennis instructor. He lives life day-to-day, without much meaning. But after assisting Tess with her, um… problem in the waves, he can’t stop thinking about her. And since her best friend wants to play match-maker,
Lynsey A
Dec 06, 2020 marked it as did-not-finish
Eh, well, the first 15% was good but by 19% I was bored and well, I just had no desire to finish this one, so...I'll definitely try Spoiler Alert when I get it from the library but this one, well, it just didn't work for me. ...more
Dux [My week is Booked]
4 out of 5 stars!
🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥 out of 5 steam level

what I liked:
I really enjoyed this book! It featured a lot of body positivity that was very enjoyable to read! I would describe the tropes in this book as: age gap, vacation romance, and plus size heroine.
I’m honestly not sure if I’ve read a plus size heroine book that I’ve enjoyed this much before! Some of the previous ones that I’ve read had a lot of the guy liking the girl despite of her size. That was not the case with this book. Our main man, Lucas
Trianna/Treereads
Oct 16, 2020 rated it it was ok
I'M SO SAD I DID NOT LOVE THIS ONE.

But, I am not a fan of romances that they get together quickly and then have like a million discussions and problems at the beginning of their relationship. I felt like they were talking so much about a serious vacation like day 2 of knowing each other and it did not work for me. I low key almost DNF'd it, but I powered through.

I LOVE OLIVIA DADE THOUGH and think that her romances are so important to the romance community.

Victoria (Eve's Alexandria)
Jul 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
The softest, safest and sweetest kind of romance, about two people who take extra-special care of one another, even when they're confused and frustrated. Funny too, and beautifully constructed and written. The book equivalent of a hot bath, with a scented candle and a bar of really good chocolate. ...more
Kellisa
Jun 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Thank you to Olivia Dade for the gifted eARC!

My first Olivia Dade and I loved it so much!!! Seriously every single part of this story was perfect, I loved it so much I had to immediately order her backlist titles.

If you love quirky meet-cutes, you will adore the first chapter of 40-Love! It might be one of my favorite meet-cutes ever. Tess Dunn is on vacation to celebrate her 40th birthday, during an early morning swim she's hit with a rogue wave and her uncomfortable bikini top floats away leav
nick (the infinite limits of love)
4.5/5

I recall telling some friends the other day that Olivia Dade's writing is like a warm cozy blanket on a cold rainy day. Her stories are beyond lovely and she has this way of making me not realize how much time has passed while I'm reading her books. Not only are her slew of new covers absolutely stunning - hello, I could stare at these covers forever - but her stories are equally charming. 40-Love is one of the best romance books I've read and I hope you will all give this fat and fabulous
steph
No one writes believable, sexy and funny romantic relationships like Olivia Dade. NO ONE. My only quibble with this book was that is A) wasn't longer and B) didn't take place at Marysburg so I could catch up with Rose and Martin from book 1.

I'm eagerly awaiting more books from this series especially if she ends up writing a story for Belle, Tess' BFF.
Sue
Jun 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
It's perfect, I really don't have much more to say about it. ...more
Meg
Sadly, I just did not enjoy this one nearly as much as I liked Teach Me. My issues with this book kind of snowballed, so I ended up becoming more and more nit picky (potentially unfairly?) with it as it progressed.

I think a lot of my challenges with this book come down to the fact that for insta-love to work for me, it really has to be magic. I've been playing a lot of The Sims in quarantine, and I just kept thinking, "you are not at the requisite relationship level to attempt this interaction
Emmalita
Jun 11, 2020 rated it really liked it
Swooooooooon. Just swooooooooning allll over the place on this one.

Tess and her best friend have saved up to take a two week vacation at a luxury beach resort and c
Laura In  Literary Land
Jun 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Tess is celebrating her 40th birthday vacationing at a Florida resort. When she experiences a wardrobe malfunction on the beach one morning, hunky tennis player Lucas comes to her aid. The sparks immediately fly between them but a couple of things stand in their way: he's only 26 and she's got a flight home in 2 weeks. ⁣⁣
⁣⁣
Here are 5 reasons why 40 - Love needs to be on your TBR!:⁣⁣
⁣⁣
1. The most adorable meet cute ever! Well endowed woman, bikini top, ocean waves...and the hunk who comes to her
Liv
i can’t say enough about the care and sensitivity and love with which olivia dade writes plus size characters, how she never brushes off the realities of being plus-sized yet at the same time doesn’t make it the sole defining trait of a character. she wouldn’t do that, ever, but there are too many authors out there who would and for all the times i seethed reading those other books, i felt the need to point it out;
i was charmed by the descriptions - which, though sparse, painted a vivid picture
Lisa
"Do you want me to do this slowly, or at full power?"

WELL, THEN.

I know next to nothing on tennis but that doesn't matter because this isn't a tennis book. Gosh, I adore 40-Love so much, you guys. I cannot eloquently express this feeling into words.

I just LOVE everything about Tess and Lucas: their characters, their personal developments, their chemistry, the banter (THE BANTER!), the way everything is so exciting and fun and also intense when they get together...

I smiled and laughed and cr
Sheryl Beesley
Jul 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely adored this book. We need more books with positive rep for plus size women who aren’t shamed by their bodies or trying to lose weight to make other people happy. It was lovely for a woman 40+ to be found desirable in a romance. And the story itself was delightful, Tess and Lucas for the win!!

• He's Come Undone: A Romance Anthology
  • Us (Him, #2)
  • The Modern Gentleman
  • The Shadowy Horses
  • Drop Shot (Myron Bolitar, #2)
  • The Pale Horse (Ariadne Oliver, #5)
  • They Do It with Mirrors (Miss Marple, #5)
  • Stay (WAGs, #2)
  • Sleeping Murder (Miss Marple, #12)
  • Bottle Rocket (So Over the Holidays #3)
  • The Duke Who Didn't (Wedgeford Trials, #1)
  • Her Big City Neighbor (Cider Bar Sisters, #1)
  • Love at First
  • His Grumpy Childhood Friend (Cider Bar Sisters, #2)
  • Act Your Age, Eve Brown (The Brown Sisters, #3)
  • Love Hard (Hard Play, #3)
  • Heart of the Deep (The Kraken #4)
  • Good Boy (WAGs, #1)
Olivia Dade grew up an undeniable nerd, prone to ignoring the world around her as she read any book she could find. Her favorites, though, were always, always romances. As an adult, she earned an M.A. in American history and worked in a variety of jobs that required the donning of actual pants: Colonial Williamsburg interpreter, high school teacher, academic tutor, and (of course) librarian. Now, ...more

There's Something About Marysburg (3 books)
  • Teach Me (There's Something About Marysburg, #1)
  • Sweetest in the Gale (There's Something About Marysburg, #3)