Start by marking “Marek (Guardians of Hades, #4)” as Want to Read:
Marek (Guardians of Hades, #4)

Marek

(Guardians of Hades #4)

Prince of the Underworld and Lord of Earth, Marek was banished from his home by his father, Hades, two centuries ago and given a new duty and purpose—to keep our world and his from colliding in a calamity foreseen by the Moirai. Together with his six brothers, he fights to defend the gates to the Underworld from daemons bent on breaching them and gaining entrance to that f ...more
Published May 26th 2020 by Amazon Media EU S.à r.l.

To ask other readers questions about Marek, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Marek

Start your review of Marek (Guardians of Hades, #4)
It's been a couple of years since the last book in the Guardians of Hades series was released so while I was excited to dive back into this world I did worry that I might get confused and not remember enough about the previous stories. Luckily Felicity Heaton did a great job of bringing me back up to speed and within a few pages I was just happy to be back with these characters.

Marek is luckier than some of his brothers when it comes to his abilities and they cause less problems for him in the h
Julia
AnnMarie
May 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Marek is the fourth book in the Guardians of Hades series by Felicity Heaton. I think it is a good idea to read the other books first so that you fully understand the characters and what they have already been up to until this instalment.

The blurb of this book is more than enough to explain what happens in Marek's story. All that is needed for this review is my personal opinion of it, and that opinion is that the story is a real page-turner!

I have read many of this author's books and although sh
Emily
Marek has been living with his six brothers protecting the gates to the Underworld. Daemons are determined to gain access and create havoc and they spend their time hunting vampires as well. On one of his hunts though, Marek ends up finding Caterina who peaks his interest. His interest though is hindered a bit by the secrets both are holding and Caterina's is a big one that could have Marek turning on her, will he?

What I like about the characters in Guardians of Hades series is that the men have
Sandy S
May 29, 2020 rated it really liked it
4.25 stars--MAREK is the fourth instalment in Felicity Heaton’s contemporary, adult GUARDIANS OF HADES erotic, paranormal/fantasy romance series very loosely based in Greek mythology, focusing on seven brothers- the sons of Hades and Persephone -sent to Earth to guard the gates to the Underworld. This is Prince of the Underworld and Lord of Earth Marek, and vampire hunter / human Caterina’s story line. MAREK can be read as a stand alone without any difficulty but I recommend reading the series i ...more
Tracy
May 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Dear gods..... This series is just getting better....and it's all kicking off in Marek's book!!I

Felicity Heaton definitely knows how to weave magic through her stories that keep you hooked on the characters, the story arc and the worlds she builds. I could barely put my kindle down while reading as I needed to know what was coming next - but the need for food and to deal with the family found me having to pause occasionally......

The lead couple in book four meet while they're both out hunting a
Kelly
May 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Man, Hades's boys have it rough. Not only were they banished from the Underworld, they have to watch their mouths, guard the gates to the Underworld, and deal with everything thrown at them. When I say everything, I mean things like heartache over a betrayal, heartache over their murdered sister, etc, etc.

Basically, they're all a hot mess stitched into the bodies of warriors.

Marek definitely has a few demons he's battling. Literally, some nights. Crossing paths with Caterina should be just anoth
Merissa (Archaeolibrarian)
Jun 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: paranormal, romance
Marek is the fourth book in the Guardians of Hades series and I really couldn't wait for the researcher's story! He has been hinted at in the previous books but, of course, you don't find out much until he gets his own story.

Marek has his past that he is "dealing" with. Well, he's not, not really, but it makes him feel better. Caterina goes out hunting vampires every night because she thinks if she kills his sire, her brother will return to 'normal'. When these two meet, sparks fly... literally!
Jennifer Lil'n  Dunski
May 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
As Miss Felicity continues the "Guardians Of Hades" series, we're told the story of Marek. And it's delicious! Adventurous storyline and plot, previous characters help the story along, new and challenging characters, it's simply badass and sexy!
If you love Greek mythology with thrilling twists and turns, you'll love this story, this series! Nothing short of amazing!
Lynn Worton
Jun 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Marek is the fourth book in the Guardians of Hades series. I loved it!

Marek is one of six son's of Hades. He is an intriguing character, and I liked him a lot. When he was first introduced in the series, I thought Marek was the more studious brother since he enjoyed researching. However, he is also a fierce warrior. I found it a pleasure to get to see into his life. There is a darkness within Marek that was not immediately obvious. It's this darkness that leads him to crossing paths with Caterin
Gucci 35
Yes to Marek

Wow.. I have to admit that I went back to book one Ares a few weeks before Marek was released so I could get a refresher on the Guardians of Hades and I am glad I did. Heaton's Marek will begin were Esher ended, so I would say this is a series that needs to be read in order. Marek is packed with all the goodies that I feel make up a 5 Star Paranormal story, angst, suspense, love, humor, heartbreak , adventure and sexy time between the sheets .
Marek is the one of the middle children
Julie
May 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
Marek the Guardian of the gate In Seville and the “earth” element is book 4.

Marek is on a mission, to seek out and destroy all and any vampires he comes across.
Betrayed by a lover, he slaughtered her nest and now he’s on a mission to wipe them all out!!

Caterina is looking for a cure for her beloved brother.
Bitten by a vampire, he’s slowly dying, he hasn’t got much longer, so if she can find his “sire”, then Caterina hopes he will become human again.
Looking for vampire nests in Barcelona she
Naurarwen
May 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
It feels like forever since books 3 of Guardians of Hades (24th March 2018), in fact it has been but oh my it was so so worth the wait. If you aren't familiar with the series it's about six brothers who are Hades' children, they have been banished from their home to keep the mortal realm from combining with the Underworld by protecting the gates that lead there from daemons. So far we have had Ares, Valen, and Esher's stories, book four is for Marek though we have met all the brothers along the ...more
Patricia
May 26, 2020 rated it really liked it
Marek has been guarding the gates for two centuries along with his brothers . They are keeping out the ones that want to enter hell and destroy it . Everything is going good until the night he is on a hunt and run into Caterina . The one woman that can ignite something in him that will have him fighting for her and with her against the darkness . When the enemy emerges Caterina is pulled down a rabbit hole that she might not come back from and Marek must over come his pride to bring them out of ...more
Siobhan Royle keating
May 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Wow what a book i didn’t want this too end and I wish I didn’t have to take breaks while reading because I had to feed the kids so I stayed up all night last night till 4am to read it from the start and by god I wasn’t disappointed.
Marek is the son of hades lord of underworld and he’s been banished along with his brothers to protect the gates to the other world from all sorts of daemons ,vampires and other things that go bump in the night, Marek has a Darkness to him and is extremely dangerous a
Shayay
May 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Fun, exciting beginning to this story; it really pulled me in. Some cool action, and the banter was fun between Marek and Caterina; these are my vampires to kill, no mine, it was cute! Marek and his brothers are sons of Hades, and are tasked with guarding the gates to the Underworld. Also, Marek feels an intense pull to slaughter vampires because of some past hurt he has. Caterina slays vampires in hopes of saving her brother. When Caterina and Marek cross paths while killing some vampires, they ...more
Sportochick
May 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Marek and Caterina make an interesting couple. Both are driven by revenge, protecting loved ones and outstanding battle skills. Their chance meeting starts an exciting fast paced story where revenge is the main theme.

Marek hates two thing Daemons and Vampires. This fact is pivotal to the whole story line. He struggles with his hatred and love surrounding this area. How does one put aside hatred that is centuries old? The author manipulated this area in a manner that showed that love is not blind
Catherine P
May 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I was given a preview copy of this book. I was very excited to receive it as I really enjoyed the last three books in this series and was not disappointed.
Marek is another brooding brother with a compulsion/addiction to kill vampires, and a strong hatred of Daemons.
On one of his vampire nests hunts he discovers someone had got there before him.
Caterina is a human who also has a desperate need to fight and kill vampires. But her reason is that by doing so she might hopefully kill some kind of hea
Tammy Durst
Jun 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
This is the fourth book in the Guardians of Hades series. About a group of brothers that are sent to Earth to guard the Gates to the Hell Realm. This book about Marek seems to pick right up from the previous book about Esher, so it is a continuation from the previous book that will keep you engaged from start to finish. So, in my opinion it is best to read these books in order to fully understand the "who, what, where, when, why, how come and what ifs" of these stories. I love this series. It ha ...more
Claire
May 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
It’s been a bit of a wait since the last Guardians of Hades book, but the wait was definitely worth it. I enjoyed every bit of this.

It’s Marek’s turn. Technically these books are all stand-alones, but there’s a ongoing story arc that continues throughout the books, so it definitely helps to read them all in order.

Marek and Caterina are thrown together as they are both hunting the same enemy. Although they have different reasons that could put them at odds with each other.

This had all the thin
Lisa
Oct 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Marek brother #4 of book 4

So brainy Marek gets his turn under the author's incredible hands. His affinity is earth and although we don't learn much of the quiet brother in the previous three books his presence is known. We did get a glimpse of his dark side and its need for fulfillment in Esher's book. So we learn more about our quiet nerd god and see Hades and Persephone more involved. As the seven siblings battle demons and whatnots to protect the gates, they all are focused on finding their d
Petula
May 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Since he was betrayed many, many years ago,  Marek has felt the need to kill as many vampires as possible.  His real job is to protect the gates to the underworld with his brothers.  They wouldn't be happy with his hobby.

Caterina is a human who has been trying to find the vampire who turned her brother.  If she can kill that one maybe he will be cured.  She may have taken on more than she can cope with.

Our brave heroine loves her brother and will risk anything to save him.

Our hero also lov
Daria
Once bitten twice shy baby isn't that how it goes? and Marek is a wee bit more than shy, he's got this feeling, this need to end vampires. Yep, he's got some history with the glorious fanged ones and most bad blood.

Betrayal is a hard emotion to get a handle on, and Marek feeling it in spades and has hardened his heart toward anything to do with love.

What wouldn't you do for family? battle a next of blood-drinkers? and that's just the thing Caterina is a girl on a mission a serious mission her
Khrista Baxter
Jun 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Overcoming anger and betrayal

I'm loving this series so much! Felicity is an amazing world builder and the characters she creates are complex and loveable.

Marek is driven by anger and betrayal, the betrayal happened hundreds of years ago but something inside him broke the day he was betrayed by the woman he loved. Now, he is committed to eradicating her entire species, vampires. This hobby of his is something he has kept from his brothers. It doesn't interfere with him guarding the gate in Spain
Tracey
If you love a band of brothers having each other's backs, god's that are guardians and sexy, and a kick-ass heroine, this is a book for you.

The brothers are fab, the banter they share is entertaining, they have strong relationships and each has a special power, but some of them could be called a curse at times.

This is Marek's book and he is about to meet the woman of his dreams and that would be great if only life wasn't so complicated and dangerous in their world!

Cat, as I'm calling her is bada
Mrs Diane Talbot
May 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Marek a male with a wounded heart and no intention of ever letting another female in there.
Caterina a woman battling vampires in an attempt to save her brother from his fate.
If she manages to find and kill his maker maybe she can break the curse of Vampirism.

Marek feels a compulsion to kill vampires after giving his heart to and being betrayed by one.
Following his compulsion to kill vampires Marek run across Caterina whom is busy clearing out the nest of vampires he had chosen to wipe out himse
Jean
May 26, 2020 rated it really liked it

Marek..

Marek is the fourth book in the Guardians of Hades Series.
This book centers around Marek, the male lead, and Caterina, the female lead.
Their first encounter is while they're both out hunting.

They both are keeping secrets.
Since Marek was betrayed, he has felt the need to kill as many vampires as possible.
Caterina has a desperate need to fight and kill as many vampires in order to save someone near and dear.

Marek and Caterina have a connection and chemistry that is believable,
Overall, an
Angela
May 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
From double crossing to betrayal to revenge to honour, the sons of Hades just can't seem to catch a break. Just when Marek thought he knew his future, the unexpected appears in the form of Catarina. Questioning her actions, her desires, and her resolve is just one way to pass the time. But her goal in life is to save her brother and this soon becomes a conflict. Will Marek see that the straight line is not always the best way to reach the end? Will his emotions break through the stranglehold he ...more
Sher
May 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Marek is 1 of 7 of the Warriors protecting the Gates to the Under World. Having been sent to protect them by their father Hades.
He has an intense hatred for the Vampires. While out hunting them he meets a warrior woman also hunting them, They both have their reasons. Hades a failed relationship, and Caterina to find who turned her brother.
As they decide to work together things turn from bad to worse when she is captured to use as bait.
The brother's must work together to save her and save the
Alisa
May 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Caterina did not really know anything about the world Marek lives in, but after they discover their common need to kill vampires, she learns the hard way that there are worst things than vampires out there. Caterina was willing to do anything to save her brother, while Marek and his brothers are guardians and are trying to save humanity. The flame between Marek and Catarina burns red hot and leads them to make a deal that benefits them both. Their story is packed with action, trust issues, and f ...more

• Broken Dawn (Immortal Guardians, #10)
  • Arctic Bite (Forgotten Brotherhood, #2)
  • Fury Unleashed (Forgotten Brotherhood, #1)
  • Guardian's Grace (Dark Protectors, #12)
  • Charger (Protectors #16)
  • Bound by Danger (The Alliance #6)
  • Dragon Revealed (Dragon Kings #1)
  • The Blood King (Inferno Rising, #2)
  • Flame (Dark Kings #17)
  • Ancient Enemy (Ancients Rising #2)
  • Forever His (Forever Always #1)
  • Sacrifice of Darkness (Guardians of Eternity, #15.5)
  • Inferno (Dark Kings #18)
  • What Happens in Piccadilly (The Hellion Club, #3)
  • Run and Hide
  • A Scot to Wed (Scottish Hearts, #2)
  • The Kiss of Love (The Book of Love, #6)
Felicity Heaton is a New York Times, USA Today and international best-selling author writing passionate paranormal romance books. In her books she creates detailed worlds, twisting plots, mind-blowing action, intense emotion and heart-stopping romances with leading men that vary from dark deadly vampires to sexy shape-shifters and wicked werewolves, to sinful angels and hot demons!

If you're a fan

Guardians of Hades (7 books)
  • Ares (Guardians of Hades, #1)
  • Valen (Guardians of Hades, #2)
  • Esher (Guardians of Hades, #3)
  • Calistos (Guardians of Hades, #5)
  • Daimon (Guardians of Hades Romance Series Book 6)
  • Keras (Guardians of Hades Romance Series Book 7)

News & Interviews