Start by marking “Link by Link: An Anthology of Haunted Holidays” as Want to Read:
Link by Link: An Anthology of Haunted Holidays

Link by Link: An Anthology of Haunted Holidays

“‘I wear the chain I forged in life,’ replied the Ghost. ‘I made it link by link…’”
-Charles Dickens, A Christmas Carol
Published December 2nd 2020 by Midnight Tide Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Link by Link, please sign up.
Elle Beaumont The anthology is 460 printed pages.

Start your review of Link by Link: An Anthology of Haunted Holidays
Candace Robinson
Sep 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
I do have a story in this! But! It definitely deserves a 5 for all the authors’ hard work with their stories! I do have a favorite though, and it would have to be Elle Beaumont’s. She had me at music, beautiful boy ghost, and an ending that left me wanting more books with these characters!
Elizabeth
Dec 10, 2020 rated it really liked it
“The room grew chillier, and the scent of winter frost permeated the air” (30).

"Link by Link: An Anthology of Haunted Holidays" is a nine story collection inspired by aspects in “A Christmas Carol'' by Charles Dickens. The spiritual entity/entities in many of the stories act as a guide for the protagonists. Many who are pursuing some type of art form (miming, theatre, music etc) or a romantic endeavor.

“None of us are perfect, but you have a wonderful organ tucked away inside that ribcage of you
Diamond Schmitt
Oct 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
when I tell you this book exceeded my expectations I mean it! All the stories in here were so good, exactly what I needed for the spooky month of October but still having some Christmas carol vibes! 🥰 overall a well deserved 5 stars from me
Sheila G
May 01, 2020 marked it as 2020-tbr
Shelves: 2020-releases
An Anthology based on Charles Dickins' Christmas Carol?

I need this IMMEDIATELY.
Taylor
Oct 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Amazing writing with incredible inspiration. I loved reading this!
A’Isha
Oct 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
An anthology with Christmas themes. Weird ans mysterious stories in one book. I loved it! Highly recommend! (Got an arc!)
Trisket
Nov 22, 2020 rated it liked it
My main takeaways are that it's too bad the editing was so uneven from one story to the next, and that editing shouldn't be just for typos, it should also be for style and content. One bad story can ruin an entire anthology - and yes, there is a story in this collection that is that bad. Without it, this could have been a four star book. With it, I can't give the book more than three stars.

I also found the title to be quite a stretch. Some of these stories have little to do with the regret and r
Julia (ten_thousand_books)
I received an ARC of Link by Link Anthology by Elle Beaumont in exchange for an honest review.

Between the Quiet by Candace Robinson

“Tell Francis I dropped the two quarters in the hat.”

‘At the end of the day, Tuesday had made thirty-four dollars, two condoms, a pack of bubblegum, and two dice. This was a win; sometimes she’d come away with only a few coins and condoms. The collection there was growing.’

‘Life was bullshit.’

‘talking to no one, and then coming home. There was one person she still t
Elke
Dec 03, 2020 rated it really liked it
*I received an advance review copy for free, and I am leaving this review voluntarily.*

I have to honestly say that this book wasn't for me. I thought I would like the ''haunted holiday's'' theme, but it wasn't the right kind of haunted for me and it hit a bit too close to home (which I can imagine for more people that have trouble with being happy during the holidays).

Having said that, the writing and creativity in the stories was terrific and I think that there are a lot of readers out there w
The Librarian's Granddaughter
Nov 08, 2020 rated it really liked it
Link by Link: An Anthology of Haunted Holidays is a compilation of stories by various authors edited by Elle Beaumont. The book is set to be published on 02.12. and I thank BookSirens for the copy. This year I rediscovered the magic of short stories. I hadn't read such in a long time, but I remembered how easy and pleasant they were to read. I finished this anthology relatively slowly, because I was reading another book as well, and I was only reading one story a day so that I could fully immers ...more
Cecelia Hopkins-Drewer
Oct 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed this holiday collection very much and I cannot wait for it to come out on Amazon. Each tale is unique and special. Some of them are almost long enough to be novellas, and the volume is good value at over 400 pages!

Great stories that commence the book include: Between the Quiet by Candace Robinson, The Spirit of You by Elle Beaumont, I Saw Her Again by Lauren Emily Whalen, Yesterday’s News by Leslie Rush. The second half includes: Paw Prints by Kristin Jacques, Coffee Talk by M. Dalto,
Karen Bullock
Oct 22, 2020 rated it really liked it
A collection of holiday themed short paranormal stories.
Each story presents a paranormal chance encounter that defies normal discussion & logic but helps the main characters in each story find: redemption, closure & the courage/motivation to go forth & follow their own dreams & goals.
Entertaining & engaging.
Thank you BookSirens for the opportunity to read & leave this voluntary review.
Eleanor
Nov 29, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: book-sirens
I received a digital review copy from Book Sirens in exchange for an honest review, which I am leaving voluntarily.

Link by Link is an anthology, containing 9 short stories inspired by Charles Dickens’ A Christmas Carol. Each story is written by a different author, and I will write my thoughts on each story. I found it quite hard to give this an overall rating, as there were only a few stories I really enjoyed.

Between the Quiet – Candace Robinson

The first story in the anthology followed the basic
Ani - Ani Reads
Nov 27, 2020 rated it really liked it
I received a free copy of this book, this did not affect my review.

Link by Link is an anthology where every story takes place in the holiday season... and is haunted by ghosts. In some stories, I felt strong connections to A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens. However, those connections became looser and looser throughout the anthology. Short, individual reviews of the stories are below!

Between the quiet - Candace Robinson
This was a heartwarming story, ideal for the winter season. I love the r
✨Elianna✨
Nov 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
Alex
Nov 03, 2020 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 7-8-and-9
Thanks to the publisher for providing an eARC in exchange for an honest review.

Link by Link is a unique idea for the holiday. Collecting 9 different works by 9 different authors, focused in some way upon the ghosts from A Christmas Carol, I think the idea here was both too specific and too vague to work effectively.

The first few stories follow a similar format. Character talks about loved one. Loved one dies. Loved one appears as a ghost and reminds them to continue to live their life. In theory
Ally
Nov 17, 2020 rated it liked it
From the blurb: "Link by Link is a collection of 9 stories of ghosts, spirits, and creatures unnamed, all come to teach lessons we won’t soon forget. From sweet Christmas tales to terrifying holiday hauntings, these stories take a dive into the past in the hopes of creating a better—or at least different—future"

These stories were cute. I like the idea of combining the holidays with ghost stories since I like thi
Jessica Julien
Dec 11, 2020 rated it really liked it
Wow, this was a really fun holiday collection to read through! I found each story paced well and the characters were relatable, overall a highly recommended read.

My only negative was that a few stories were very similar and predictable with their outcome and plotline. Not that each story wasn't different in its own way, there were just a lot of similar cross overs that made them feel a bit repetitive.

I'm looking forward to the next anthology from this publisher!
Olivia's Bookish World
As with anthologies you get a mixed bag of contents. Some stories were great, but some of them were not so great. It's tough when writing short stories to get enough content and back story to get your reader to connect with the characters and a few of the authors were more successful than others. It's hard to rate this because some of the stories deserve a 1 star, while others deserve a 3 or 4. My two favorites were Yesterday's News and Between the Quiet.

I received an advance review copy for fre
Andrea Wright
Nov 22, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: booksiren
This is a book of short stories that are Christmasy, but also a bit ghosty. I'm not usually a fan of short stories as I like to get to know the characters more than a short story allows, but I did enjoy a few of these. I especially enjoyed the Paw Prints by Kristin Jacques and tried to find more stories involving the Malkin.

Many of the stories gave me a dark and grimy Dickens type feeling even when the story was not in that time period.

If you enjoy ghost stories this is a great read to go from H
Shawnae Aiu
Nov 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is a multiple short story book. Each one is completely different. I loved how each author created their story and built characters you liked and rooted for. The supernatural aspects were fascinating and a couple had completely unexpected twists. I enjoy having a bunch of short stories so I can read one a night and reach the stories conclusion. You will be adding some new authors to your favorites list when you are done. I know I have. Enjoy!

I received a free copy of this book for my honest
Pam Dunn
Oct 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
It is an honor to be part of this anthology. The collection of stories is diverse and sure to please just about any reader. Mystical cat-gods who grant wishes for a price; friends and lovers who return from the dead to guide the living; families haunted by the past just in time for a spooky holiday!
Brenda Moser
Nov 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
You will have hours of haunting tales with this collection of short stories by numerous authors. Each story has it's own unique tale and all are great ghostly reads. I enjoyed each story and would recommend this book.

Lacie Jones
Nov 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
I give this anthology a solid for stars for Paw Prints alone. The other stories were decent enough the mime one was cute. Paw Prints touched my heart and made me tear up. Having kitties of my own I like the thought of the Malkin. I recieved a copy of this book and am leaving this review voluntarily.
Sara
Dec 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorites, 2020, arcs
Thank you to BookSirens for providing an ARC for this book in exchange of a honest review! / ¡Gracias a BookSirens por darme un ARC de este libro a cambio de una reseña honesta!

English Review:
4 / 5 stars
Link by Link is an anthology of Christmas stories based on the classic stories we tend to hear around this time of the year. If this little summary isn´t interesting enough for you, let me tell you all of the stories featured in this anthology are full with ghosts, suspense and of course, Christm
Leslie Rush
Sep 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Being one of the authors, I got to read everyone's stories. They are fabulous, and I'm thrilled to be included in this spooky holiday collection. ...more
Cátia
Nov 04, 2020 rated it really liked it
Amazing collection of little stories.
They all are very different from one another, but al of them had the holidays connecting them.
I personally love the both with cats more 😍😍 and I would recommend you to read this nook and get lost in these stories and characters
Margaret
Oct 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I received a free ARC of this book and this is my voluntary honest review.
5 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟 writing ( even though there were some profanities included).
These nine short paranormal, weird, spooky, well written stories teach a lesson in this eerie October time of ghost, spirits, and creatures. They send a icy chill down our spines! So, don't cross them or be prepared for their judgment! The out come may not be what you expect. Enjoy your read if you dare to pick them up. Don't hesitate! I highly recommend t
Kattie
Oct 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Ok so I only read the short story by Candace Robinson so far, but it was so good. Mimes and ghosts and crushes. Quirky and fun.
Andd Becker
Oct 25, 2020 rated it liked it
Effective anthologizing requires knowing what stories to leave in and what to leave out. Each story must stand alone, AND it must be a vital link in the chain of stories.

The first five stories are excellent page-turners. They share a theme, and they are easy to comprehend. They are linked by identifiable spirits reaching out to effect change.

They do NOT leave the reader with questions: Does a character have dissociative identity disorder? Is a character's language offensive? Does the presence of

• Dearest Dorin (Letters #2)
  • Dearest Clementine (Letters #1)
  • The Lucky Ones
  • Double Barrel Horror, Vol. 3
  • Igniting the Ice (Flaming Rogues, #2)
  • Seeds of Apricot (FREE prequel to Apricots and Wolfsbane)
  • Forever Summer
  • Lobizona (Wolves of No World, #1)
  • The Seeking
  • And the Trees Crept In
  • The How and the Why
  • The Reckoning of Noah Shaw (The Shaw Confessions, #2)
  • The Sleeper and the Spindle
  • Ark
  • Not So Pure and Simple
  • You Have Arrived at Your Destination
  • Emergency Skin
  • Crow (Faeries of Oz #2)
See top shelves…
Elle was born and raised in Southeastern, Massachusetts in a little farm town by the harbor. She grew up fascinated with all things whimsical and a strong love for animals. As she grew so did her passion for reading and writing. Although she prefers devouring all genres she largely enjoys dark fantasy.

She is married to her best friend and has two lively sprites who inspire madness, love and a sens

News & Interviews