Start by marking “Enchantment (The Kingdom Chronicles, #5)” as Want to Read:
Enchantment (The Kingdom Chronicles, #5)

Enchantment

(The Kingdom Chronicles #5)

When Maren runs away from the threat of a forced marriage, the last place she expects to end up is the Malvagarian Palace, home to the enchanted gardens, a cursed prince, and a magical rose that traps her there. Crown Prince Briar isn’t pleased to be stuck with a troublesome guest, especially one as mischievous and curious as Maren. She, on the other hand, is determined to ...more
Published June 11th 2020 by Rosewood Publications

To ask other readers questions about Enchantment, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Enchantment

Start your review of Enchantment (The Kingdom Chronicles, #5)
Camille
Ah, but this was a difficult book child, my most stubborn one yet, not to mention retelling such a beloved fairy tale as Beauty and the Beast is quite the daunting task. But now that it’s finished, it’s the most rewarding story I’ve written so far, and I love it all the more, both because of how special it’s become after I pushed through the effort to create a book I’m very proud of, or because of all the growth I experienced during the writing process. I hope that your sojourn in the enchanted ...more
Mairy
Jun 08, 2020 rated it really liked it
Ahh, if you love Beauty in the beast tales or just the original one, pick this up.
A fairy tale. Reminded me my early childhood when my mother read me fairy tales about princes and princesses.

A suggestion now.... Because the hole book was in 1 up to 3 people most of the time, that scene at the ball was overcrowded and really off for me.

I ran ARC of this one to honestly review📚
Julie Carpenter
I have to start off my review by saying that if you are a Fairy tale loving reader, you must read this series of retellings. Camille Peters is a very talented and imaginative author. I've loved the books and characters of this series a lot! I've loved the world that she's built for them as well as all the different characters and how they crossover in the different books.

Beauty and the Beast is definitely one of my all time favorite fairytales. So when I knew that Prince Briar was going to be g
Book Addict
Jun 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Content Review:
Elements of danger and quiet references to some unsavory behavior, but never fear, the romance, violence, and language is CLEAN.

This book is a TRIUMPH! Beauty and the Beast is a difficult fairy tale to re-imagine simply because it's been told time and time again (Tale as old as time, indeed). In 'Enchantment', Peters will keep reader's noses firmly in this book through her truly unique and engaging tale. In this version, our Beauty is a rather plain looking, curious young woman
Alesha
May 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fairy-tales
If you're looking for a fabulous fairy tale romance with a dash of magic this is the book for you! Camille Peters truly turns this well beloved fairy tale on its head, giving us, as she always does, a beautiful and unique telling of the well beloved tale, Beauty and the Beast. Who has ever read a Beauty and the Beast retelling where Beauty isn't necessarily considered beautiful, and Beast doesn't start out as a Beast?
Maren is running away from an unwanted engagement only to get herself trapped
Barbara Peters
This book is just as filled with mystery, romance and intrigue as the last one. I enjoyed it immensely.
Lemon
*taps head* Well....

Positives: I liked the writing. Ever since the first book, I've been impressed by the solidity of Camille Peter's writing. She's also got a great handle on how to tell a story and progress everything smoothly. Every character fit into their role and everything was nicely explored. And the setting was so beautifully fleshed out! And honestly, she's improved a LOT from the first book, especially concerning characterization and romance.

Negatives: Nothing particularly negative. I
Merie Shen
There are only so many types of enchanted servants you can find in Beauty and the Beast retellings. But have you ever read one in which they're plants?

I'll admit I actually haven't read that many B&B retellings, but I can say that out of them all, this one has to be the most unique! I loved that Camille Peters took a different approach to the fairytale by putting a spin on the rose garden part of the original story. Magical plants are so much fun to read about, and as soon as I read about the Ma
Stephanie
May 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I thoroughly enjoyed reading this book!! I love the journey we go on with Maren. I especially loved getting to know Prince Briar in this book by getting a front row seat to his duties; It added to the regal theme of the story!

There are so many fun magical elements in this book with the Enchanted gardens. I adore the imagination and creativity in this story!! Each chapter brings something new!
Katie W
4.5 Stars

I have to start by saying that this series has some of the most beautiful covers I've ever seen and the story found beneath this beauty was delightful.

Beauty and the Beast is one of my most favorite fairy tales and Peters does a phenomenal job of translating this tale into something fresh, making her own mark in the retelling world. The way she builds this world into something tangible is amazing and incorporating plants and nature is ingenious.

I'm a sucker for a crown prince and Bri
Dee/ bookworm
Jun 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
So Adorable!! I have not read many Beauty and the Beast retellings, but this one is definitely one of the most unique books I have ever read! The creativity of Peters is astounding! So many different enchanted gardens that are interconnected and yet completely separate. I loved the play on Briar's name! I really loved how the relationship grew between Briar and Maren. I love how she is not a beauty but ok with that and really lets herself be herself. It was very empowering. She is not afraid to ...more
Deborah
Nov 11, 2020 rated it really liked it
This series is such a delight!

I really enjoyed this take on beauty and the beast. So creative. I loved Marin and Briar(even though I did not care for his name). I loved their chemistry and that night in garden... sigh...

My one and only complaint with this series is I feel like they drag a bit. I love the book but I start to feel like “okay, we need to wrap this up now!” If the book was 20 % shorter you would still have all the goods with less drag IMO.
Catherine
Jan 12, 2021 rated it it was amazing
This retelling has been done so many times and after a while they can become very... familiar and meh. This was a refreshing take on the story and the garden element was brilliant!!
Gypsy Madden
Jul 26, 2020 rated it really liked it
Even though this is based on Beauty and the Beast, there isn’t much of the original tale in this. I love when books just use elements of the old fairy tales and strike their own entirely original paths. It makes them far more unpredictable and thrilling. This is a beautiful romantic tale, with the gardens being the main focal point and everyone else being a bit upstaged by them. The palace grounds are extensive with many interlocking gardens, some of which are themed, and most of it is sentient, ...more
Angeline
Jun 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Ahhhhh! I loved this book! I was so excited to read Enchantment and it was so good. I have loved Briar ever since I read about him in Reflection, Rhea’s book, and I was so happy to have a book about him. Enchantment is the long awaited book about Briar, okay well it was only a couple of months but it felt like forever. Enchantment is the fifth book in Camille Peter’s Kingdom Chronicles and it totally bypassed the other books as my favorite, though I still really like Identity.
Enchantment is ins
Sarah S
Jun 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Finally a book by Peters I can truly get behind.

** I received an ARC in return for an honest review.

I first read Pathways when it came out and I was extremely hopeful for it, while the cover was stunning I found the story line stilted. I continued to read the series but while they were getting better I still had major issues with each book, but I held on because I could see Peter's writing was getting better and with each new installment I started to skip less pages. We were getting there...

Whe
Elena
Jun 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book is definitely a must-read. Peters spins a wonderful story that, although it is a fairytale, still has many elements that captivate readers with its realistic themes.

The plot kept me on my toes and reading late into the night. A component that really sells me in a book, is a situation that is utterly hopeless. And Peters delivered just that. Maren and Briar had to hold tightly to each other to make it through their trials.

The characters were so real. Although Maren wasn't your typical
William
May 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This has been my favorite of all of the stories in the series (so far!). First was because Maren was such a refreshing character: a take-charge woman who sets her own course in life, and who's only flaw is her curiosity. This leads her into several interesting predicaments, but she uses her resourcefulness and her courage -- as well as the occasional help of others -- to rise above them all.

It was also good to get to know Briar better. His near-zombie behavior of the previous book was explained,
Bess
Jul 31, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: borrowed, fantasy
Mari and Briar's story.
I didn't realize this was a retelling of Beauty & the Beast until I reached close to the end.
This was a very unusual retelling. One that I enjoyed!
Mari was running away from her over-bearing father, his debts, and his arrange marriage for her. She stumbled upon the enchanted gardens of the castle. After being tricked, which I loved the match-making plants, she's now stuck to remain at the castle with Briar, his ailing father and his trapped mother.
Briar is the mos
Billie Flaming
Jul 05, 2020 rated it did not like it
No. Just....no.
Poor writing and flimsy characterization. Things happen just because they need to, but don’t make sense in the logic of the story.
Both lead characters are illogical and stupid and as deep as a mirror.
Fran
Feb 07, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I loved this. I mean sit to read a few chapters and end up going to bed at 2 am. I loved the twists and turns, the curse and magic, the characters. I have not read the others in the series but I want to. Not sure I can like the others as much as I love Maren and Briar but I want to read more of this world. The magic garden was fantastic. I want to have conversations with a garden! And I loved the focus of the beauty being beautiful on the inside. A definite re-readable book.
Mikkayla
Aug 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Amy
Lisa Dawn
Jun 11, 2020 rated it really liked it
Yesterday, Camille Peters released her latest book in the Kingdom Chronicles, and I was fortunate enough to receive an ARC. Enchantment is a loose adaptation of "Beauty and the Beast" about a merchant's daughter who finds herself trapped in a castle by an enchanted garden. It takes place in the same world as the other Kingdom Chronicles books, which I've had some mixed feelings about. My favorite by far is Identity, which was the first in the series to introduce a formidable villain. Enchantment ...more
Jocelyn Nielson
-I received a complimentary copy. All opinions, thoughts, etc. are entirely my own.-

Enchantment was actually better than I thought it would be. I didn't have low expectations going into this story, but Beauty and the Beast retellings are a favorite of mine and as such, I hold them to a little bit of a higher standard. And I wasn't disappointed. Before I share what I enjoyed about the book (there being several items), I should mention that Maren, the heroine, did bug me for a good portion of the
Caitlyn
Jun 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Anyone looking for a different take on Beauty & the Beast
Shelves: to-review, arc
This book was an interesting and enjoyable take on the classic tale of Beauty and the Beast! I really appreciated reading a retelling that switched up the details of the fairytale but kept the message that beauty is found within. Additionally, the freshness of some of the elements in the tale made it seem like a new fairytale, which is one of the things I love about Ms. Peter's Kingdom Chronicles series.

I loved how the main characters aren't your typical "Beauty" and "Beast" characters. The "Be
Adrianja
Jun 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fairytales, favorites
Enchantment is the latest installment in the Kingdom Chronicles. I have loved each book so far and Enchantment is no exception. I have read many wonderful Beauty and the Beast retellings and this book is definitely one of the most creative retellings of the bunch. I love Camille Peters' ability to take classic elements of the original story and use them in a different way. This stories has the classic elements of a castle, gardens and roses, Beauty, Beast, Beauty's father, and a curse. However, ...more
Cat
Jun 09, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: books
Seeing Camille Peters' growth as an author through this series has been a fun experience. I feel this book is, by far, her best yet as an author in terms of her writing. I was pleased to see Brair's story and finally see what his curse was exactly. The concept of the gardens and Briar's involvement with them were fun in the scheme of the story, with the gardens being a spunky character in their own right. I have not seen many stories that give a garden an exuberant personality as Camille Peters ...more
Adrian
Jun 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This story presents love beautifully

The exquisite allegories, the character building, the polished presentation, the whimsical imagery, and the healthy, charming story arc combine to make this one of the best romance fantasies I have had the pleasure of reading.

The heroine is perceptive, intelligent, and resourceful while remaining well developed, with strengths that can be overplayed, leading to thoughtful reflection and character growth. The romance is interesting and clean. Neither the hero n
Leah
Jun 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Yes! We finally get to see Prince Briar's story and learn about his curse. I have been eagerly anticipating this book every since finishing Reflection a few months back, and I can honestly say it was worth the wait.

First, the main characters are very well developed. Maren reminded me of Rosie from Spelled. Her curiosity is probably one of her most prominent personality traits that shows up early in the book and never leaves. She goes through a lot of character growth and has a compelling backsto
« previous 1 3 next »

• Thorn of Rose: A Beauty and the Beast Romance (Fairy Tale Royals, #2)
  • Shard of Glass: A Cinderella Romance (Fairy Tale Royals, #1)
  • Princess of Roses (Fairy Tale Adventures, #4)
  • The Secret Princess: A Retelling of The Goose Girl (Return to the Four Kingdoms, #1)
  • Dreamer of Briarfell (Fairytales of Folkshore, #7)
  • Pearl of Magic: A Little Mermaid Romance (Fairy Tale Royals, #3)
  • The Prince's Bargain (The Elves of Lessa, #3)
  • Princess of Mermaids (Fairy Tale Adventures, #3)
  • Princess of Midnight (Fairytales of Folkshore, #6)
  • Forest of Firelight (The Riven Kingdoms, #1)
  • Princess of Secrets (Fairy Tale Adventures, #2)
  • Sea of Starlight (The Riven Kingdoms #2)
  • Age of Auroras (The Riven Kingdoms Book 4)
  • Dawn of Darkness (The Riven Kingdoms #3)
  • Beauty of Rosemead (Fairytales of Folkshore, #5)
  • Unseen Beauty
  • Princess of Shadows (Fairy Tale Adventures, #1)
  • Cursed: Briar Rose's Story (Destined #6)
Camille Peters was born and raised in Salt Lake City, Utah where she grew up surrounded by books. As a child, she spent every spare moment reading and writing her own stories on every scrap of paper she could find. Becoming an author was always more than a childhood dream; it was a certainty.

Her love of writing grew alongside her as she took local writing classes in her teens, spent a year studyin

The Kingdom Chronicles (7 books)
  • Pathways (The Kingdom Chronicles, #1)
  • Spelled (The Kingdom Chronicles, #2)
  • Identity (The Kingdom Chronicles #3)
  • Reflection (The Kingdom Chronicles, #4)
  • Voyage (The Kingdom Chronicles #6)
  • Awaken (The Kingdom Chronicles #7)