Start by marking “Christmas at Maplemont Manor” as Want to Read:
Christmas at Maplemont Manor

Christmas at Maplemont Manor

Noelle’s predictable life is turned upside down by her ‘frost impressions’ of Maplemont’s newest resident two weeks before Christmas. A herd of reindeer, the scent of gingerbread, and a manor decked in mistletoe turn this heart-warming romance into a little Christmas magic.
Published July 24th 2019 by Independently Published

To ask other readers questions about Christmas at Maplemont Manor, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Christmas at Maplemont Manor

Start your review of Christmas at Maplemont Manor
Deanne Patterson
Oct 07, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Deanne by: cnnamongirl@aol.com
A Christmas time bakery love story. It moves quickly between the small town millionaire who moves back to town and the lovely baker.
Small home town feel decked in Christmas trees,snow,fresh bakery items and a feel good vibe.
A sure pick me up read.
Pub Date 25 Jul 2019
I was given a complimentary copy of this book. Thank you.
All opinions expressed are my own.
Melissa Borsey
Dec 04, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
An endearing and festive story for the holidays! I love when a romance comes together for two very deserving people, after a few mishaps of course. I thank Netgalley for the opportunity to read and review this made for the holidays read!
Heidi
Dec 07, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Four stars: A cheerful, magical holiday romance that is packed full of warmth and Christmas cheer.

For Noelle, Christmas is a busy time in her little bakery. She has loads of Christmas cookies and gingerbread to bake, and more than anything, she wants to submit her own award winning fudge recipe in the local fudge competition. Noelle keeps trying to tweak her fudge recipe, but she can’t get it quite right. It doesn’t help that she has loads of obligations, from volunteering at the hospital, to c
Dec 20, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cute story set around Christmas time. Hard working baker meets rich guy who's inherited his grandfather's estate. While the plot is somewhat cookie cutter romance story, it is still a fun read.
Dawn Wells
A fun, sweet read that gives you the small town charm of memories past. Lots of Christmas spirit and special feelings
Sep 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very sweet Christmas story. Easy to read and very like able characters. I've always liked the small town Christmas stories where everyone and their aunt get involved in the matchmaking of two of its residents. There isn't anything I didn't like about this story. The author, Julie Manthey, gave Christmas at Maplemont Manor everything you would want in in a Christmas romance. The characters are brilliantly written and given a depth and likeability. The description of a small town is on point, and ...more
🌈⭐️RoseOfRainbows⭐️🌈💕
Magical, fabulous and cozy, this book is sure to please even the most Scrooge reader this holiday season. Warms the heart and speaks to the soul. Yet another great holiday romance. 5/5 stars
Diane
Dec 27, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Won this from Goodread's give away.

Wonderful Christmas/magic love story. Found it a fast and easy read. The author draws you
in and keeps you looking to see what mite happen next. Love the character, they keep you
laughing.

We meet Noelle Kringle owner of the Bakery sweet shop. She lives with her sister and her
husband who own the maple farm that has been in their family for years. They are helping to
raise their niece, who lost her parents in a accident.

Noelle's live has been average since she mov
Cheryl Basile
Apr 07, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Christmas magic--but fun to read anytime of year! This is the story of Noelle, the owner of Sugarhouse Bakery, and Grant, Maplemont's newest resident, who all of the women are swooning over because he's become the area's most eligible bachelor. Of course, Noelle isn't enamored with him and states that he's the last man on earth she would date. As you can imagine, sparks fly when Noelle and Grant are thrown together in a variety of the town's holiday festivities, including a gingerbread house con ...more
Megan
Jan 01, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book has wonderful christmassy/winter vibes. It didn’t evoke strong feelings in me for a couple reasons. One was the repetition - there were multiple times when the same adjective or adverb was used within a paragraph. That sounds silly (I’m a reader, not a writer), but when you read it in a book, it sounds like the author was limiting their creativity. Another reason was a lot of “telling” the action instead of showing it. Paragraphs listing out a character’s thoughts instead of revealing ...more
Christi
This was an decent Christmas novel.
It definitely hammered the prince and the pauper trope too hard. Noelle is pretty much not going to trust the lord of the manor guy until the entire town tells her it's ok. She's just so insecure.

For a tiny town they sure have a lot of people, resources, and restaurants.
Somehow they are able to raise millions of dollars to rebuild the cancer center in 2 weeks? Off gala tickets that the regular townsfolk attend and "online contributions". Maybe $2.5 million w
Nicola
Dec 26, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Noelle Kringle runs the Sugarhouse Bakery in Maplemont, having taken over when her sister and her husband tragically passed away. The bakery is the heart of Maplemont. Her sister Holly runs the families farm, Maplemont farm, the home of the best Maple Syrup. And then there's Maple Mont Manor, home of Grant, who has had his head turned by one of the Kringle sisters
This is a cute easy read that is totally Christmas. From Maple Fudge to Gingerbread Houses, to Christmas decorating to Christmas Galas
Kathy
Jan 09, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a sweet romance set at Christmas in a small town in NY. The characters were very interesting and I loved the banter between the two main characters. The plot was fairly cookie cutter (pardon the pun!) but still enjoyable. There was a lot that made it seem like we missed an earlier book but we didn't. Maybe the author is setting it up to write a series going backwards? Overall a very pleasant read.
I received a free copy of this book from Netgalley and the publisher and voluntarily chose
Stephanie Dagg
This is a very festive read, full of delicious food including gingerbread houses and maple sugar products! There’s a very Christmassy feel to the book.
It’s a prince and pauper type story, but handled in an original way. Our heroine Noelle is very likeable, kind, caring but a little unsure of herself. Our hero is the wealthy Grant, whom Noelle doesn’t recognise at first. She thinks he’s the hired help! There’s lots of clever touches like this that make the story lively.
This is sweet, feelgood,
Ann
Jan 19, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a very predictable feel good Christmas love story set in the small town of Maplemont. Grant has returned to his family's estate and is hosting a party catered by Noelle Kringle. She runs the local bakery and has a catering service. When Noelle mistakes Grant for a hired waiter they have a good start to a friendship until his mother enters the kitchen. This is a wonderful story that has all the points needed for a holiday romance. I received a copy of this ARC in exchange for a fair and h ...more
Beverly Duckworth
Review of Christmas at Maplemont Manor

I love Christmas and love stories. This book is about both the two main characters Noell is the Baker in the story and Grant is the rich bachelor. I enjoyed reading Christmas at Maplemont Manor.
Deborah
Dec 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Christmas

Such a lovely and sweet Christmas story . Won this book on Goodreads . I tHink they both had cold feet but love wins .
Jodi Smith
Jan 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A must read

Fantastic! A fun and romantic holiday read that you just can’t put down until you know how it ends! This puts you in the holiday spirit no matter when you read it.
Heather (bookswithclarkie)
This is the perfect feel good, small town holiday romance. If you are a lover of Hallmark movies and books that play out like the movies I highly suggest it.
It was a quick read with great characters and a loving story. It’s full of Christmasy things and holiday cheer. The author gives you exactly what you are looking for in this holiday romance. I perfect 5 star from me!
Thank you to Netgalley, the author and publisher for this book in exchange for my honest opinion.
Jennifer Ritter
Dec 03, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Christmas at Maplemont Manor is a delightful holiday story by Julie Manthey. Noelle Kringle is a native of Maplemont. She owns the town bakery and lives on the sugar maple farm with her sister Holly, Holly’s husband Troy, and niece Ava, who is her late sister Carol’s daughter.

On the property next door is Maplemont Manor, the ancestral home created by the town’s founder and now owned by the Fitzgerald family heir, Grant. Not only did Grant come from wealth, but he also created a software product
LaBibliodeCaro
The festive cover and lovely blurb seemed perfect for the Christmas season. It is a feel-good romance with a sort of Downton Abbey vibe. For some reason, I didn’t get into the story, but it’s just my personal opinion in this very moment. I’ll try reading it later on, I might be more into it.

Regardless, I’m supportive of independent self-published authors, so give it a try, you might really like it!
Sharon Carpenter
Don't get me wrong, this is a very sweet, romantic, holiday read. I am very thankful to have the opportunity to read an advanced copy for free from Netgalley in exchange for an honest review. So here goes honest....The story is at best a cookie cutter holiday romance, which I expected and normally would have enjoyed. What turned me off was the constant highlight on irrational emotions of female characters. The constantly doubting herself and others without care to ask simple questions or blown u ...more
Marcia
Dec 19, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Heartwarming

This book was the perfect read for the holidays. It was a fast read and the characters stole my heart. Would recommend
Gloria
Dec 05, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sweet Christmas small town romance. The story holds your interest from start to finish. Lovable characters and believable story.
Emma
Sep 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Christmas at Maplemont Manor by Julie Manthey
Noelle's predictable life is turned upside down by her 'frost impressions' of Maplemont's newest resident two weeks before Christmas.
A herd of reindeer, the scent of gingerbread, and a manor decked in mistletoe turn this heart-warming romance into a little Christmas magic. Escape into the festive frolic and spend the holidays in Maplemont.
this is Noelle and Grant's story.
The town’s Christmas tree stood watch while Noelle flipped the bakery’s door sign
Finley Farmer
Sep 23, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Christmas at Maplemont Manor is a fun, light Christmas romance story. I really enjoyed the story and the couple that it was centered around. The characters are complex and well-rounded and the story itself was an enjoyable read.

There are two things that keep this book from being a 5 star read for me. The first is that there are many glaring spelling and grammar errors that are so disruptive that it makes the book a difficult read. I am hoping since I'm reading an ARC that these errors will be i
Margie
Oct 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
There's so much to like about this story. First of all it's a Christmas romance that is actually full of Christmasy things; gingerbread house competition, Christmas cookie exchanges and a fun Christmas Eve Gala. Then there are the very likeable characters. I could easily identify with the heroine Noelle Kringle and I really liked the hero, Grant Fitzgerald. There are lots of fun scenes and the blossoming of the romance between Noelle and Grant was heartwarming. Anyone who enjoys sweet, festive C ...more
Claire
Oct 06, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book gave me serious Gilmore Girls vibes and I loved it. Maplemont reminded me so much of Stars Hollow at Christmas, making this such a great cosy, comfortable read. I loved how important the sisterly relationships were throughout. I did feel like the romance was a bit insta-love between both couples and things moved VERY fast, but that’s what happens with Christmas romances I guess so I’m not too mad about it!
Judy Tucker
Aug 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Christmas at Maplemont Manor is a wonderful story to read at Christmas time or even Christmas in July. A small town millionaire comes home to stay and finds himself falling for a local gal who has had a bad breakup. He also has a hard time dealing with his manipulating mother and a rich socialite. An enjoyable read.
Belu Ruiz
Aug 11, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: owned, contemporary
**4.5 stars** ARC kindly received in exchange for a honest review.
I really enjoyed this book. It is a sweet, romantic, easy read, which allows you to fall into a world where love conquers all. It´s the perfect book to read while being curled up next to the fireplace or to get that christmas spirit in the middle of july.
Goodreads Librari...: Outdated cover image 2 15 May 16, 2020 11:45AM

• A Cup of Holiday Fear (A Bakeshop Mystery, #10)
  • An Unforgettable Christmas
  • Low Country Christmas (Safe Haven #3)
  • Let It Snow
  • Wrapped Up for Christmas
  • Snowflakes at Mistletoe Cottage
  • A Mrs. Miracle Christmas
  • Been There, Married That
  • Call Me Mrs. Miracle (Angelic Intervention #8)
  • An Ideal Husband
  • Fence, Vol. 2
  • Nantucket Neighbors (Nantucket Beach Plum Cove, #2)
  • A Cosy Christmas in Cornwall
  • The Butler's Forbidden Fancy (Christmas Belles, #5)
  • It Started at Christmas...
  • Fence, Vol. 3
  • Royally Abandoned
  • This Earl of Mine (Bow Street Bachelors, #1)
Julie Manthey thinks that the best part of writing fiction is imagining alternate worlds and mixing up a small echo of reality with a very large dose of fiction to create a fun, magical reading escape. She believes in happy endings and stories that feature hope triumphing over adversity.

News & Interviews