Start by marking “For the Wolf” as Want to Read:
For the Wolf

For the Wolf

The first daughter is for the Throne.
The second daughter is for the Wolf.

For fans of Uprooted and The Bear and the Nightingale comes a dark, sweeping debut fantasy novel about a young woman who must be sacrificed to the legendary Wolf of the Wood to save her kingdom. But not all legends are true, and the Wolf isn't the only danger lurking in the Wilderwood.

As the only Seco
Expected publication: June 15th 2021 by Orbit Books

To ask other readers questions about For the Wolf, please sign up.

Start your review of For the Wolf
Ellie (faerieontheshelf)
I've been waiting (im)patiently for this to get published AND IT FINALLY IS REJOICE GOTHIC AND MONSTER BOYFRIENDS AND WEIRD WOODSY STANS
Candace Robinson
Jun 06, 2020 marked it as to-read
That cover! 😍
Celia McMahon
May 15, 2020 marked it as to-read
The author's Twitter refers to this as a monstery boyfriend book and let's just say that I've already died of anticpation and have only come back to life to write this review.
Erin A. Craig
May 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book, this book, this book.

more to come.
Jessica Bibi
May 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
i love this book so much that i want to eat it
Tatiana Clark
Jun 23, 2020 marked it as to-read
I’ve been following this author online for a couple weeks now, and this is the first debut from a new author that I have confidently added to my to-read shelf pre-publication, that I just *know* I’m going to soak up and obsess over once it finally releases next year. I am already in love with the characters and the writing in this book just from reading the excerpts that Hannah posts on Twitter. Definitely one of my most anticipated reads of 2021; I can’t wait until FOR THE WOLF is finally in my ...more
Kelly⁷
May 18, 2020 marked it as to-read

I have taken the task of making a home for all the monster boyfriends out there. So yes, I will save the world by loving one monster boy at a time.
Suzanne
Jun 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
You're not ready for how stunning this book is!
Alyssa
THIS COVER!!!!!!

description
Aless
Jun 25, 2020 marked it as to-read
Shelves: new-releases
I KNEW I WAS FORGETTING A BOOK FROM MY ANTICIPATED RELEASES!

gosh I've been excited before the author announced this, and I can't wait to read it
Tori Bovalino
May 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book is a gorgeous, multi-layered re-imagining of the red riding hood tale. I've been looking for a book to fill the whole Uprooted left behind, and this filled that and more. I tore through an earlier version in two days and loved every second of it. Can't wait to read it again!
Lindsay Landgraf Hess
May 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I LOVE THIS BOOK SO MUCH I'M INCAPABLE OF NON-CAPS-LOCK-SHOUTY-ENTHUSIASM. I was lucky enough to read an early copy, and whooooooo boy are we all in for a TREAT. For the Wolf is beautifully written, deeply imaginative, and absolutely delicious in its slow burn romance. I can't freaking wait to buy it.
Lachelle
May 17, 2020 rated it did not like it
more young female characters being groomed by predatory older dudes? pass. do better, publishing.
rachel ☾
Oct 14, 2020 marked it as radar
As the only Second Daughter born in centuries, Red has one purpose-to be sacrificed to the Wolf in the Wood in the hope he'll return the world's captured gods. Red is almost relieved to go. Plagued by a dangerous power she can't control, at least she knows that in the Wilderwood, she can't hurt those she loves. Again.

But the legends lie. The Wolf is a man, not a monster. Her magic is a calling, not a curse. And if she doesn't learn how to use it, the monsters the gods have become will swallow
R.J. Somer
I. LOVE. THIS. BOOK.

*more fangirling to come*
Grace Li
Shelves: yes
A beautiful, atmospheric retelling, full of magic and monsters and unexpected love. Red and Eammon have my whole heart.
Claire
Sep 18, 2020 marked it as to-read
THIS LOOKS SO GOOD!
mara0b
Aug 14, 2020 marked it as to-read
the excerpts that the author has published on twitter made me so IMPATIENT for this book, my prediction is that i'm gonna eat this up like nothing else, give me creepy woods, give me feral characters, GIVE IT TO ME
Hannah
Jun 09, 2020 marked it as to-read
I’m sorry. WHAT? 😍
Nicole Prieto
May 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This has got to be one of the freshest reads in a long time for me. The storyline is truly original and equally as captivating as some of my favorite books. I CON NOT WAIT for this book!!!!
gwendalyn _books_
Jun 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I am so looking forward to this book 📖
Laur
Sep 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I literally have been following this author and her snippets on twitter forever and am so excited for this I went ahead and gave it FIVE STARS.
Maddie (libraryonthemoon)
I haven't read this and I'm here from Twitter. This book just sounds really good and people who have the same taste in literature as me are hyping it up so, I'm here for it.
Emma Patricia
Brit Hvide
Layne
Lucianna Wolfstone
May 28, 2020

• A Song Below Water (A Song Below Water, #1)
  • The Boundless (The Beholder, #2)
  • Piranesi
  • Burn Our Bodies Down
  • A Song of Wraiths and Ruin (A Song of Wraiths and Ruin, #1)
  • Yellow Jessamine
  • Raybearer (Raybearer, #1)
  • The Crow Rider (The Storm Crow, #2)
  • Ring Shout
  • The Inheritance Games (The Inheritance Games, #1)
  • The Bone Shard Daughter (The Drowning Empire, #1)
  • A Deadly Education (The Scholomance, #1)
  • They Never Learn
  • The Year of the Witching
  • Take a Hint, Dani Brown (The Brown Sisters, #2)
  • White Fox