Start by marking “Home For Summer (Home, #2)” as Want to Read:
Home For Summer (Home, #2)

Home For Summer

(Home #2)

Bestselling Author J.W. Ashley brings you a story full of heart, with the second book in her Home series, a standalone collection about returning home and finding redemption with those you left behind.

So there I was, half-naked and illegally swimming in the chancellor’s pool.

Hi, Kleo Turner here, and you can say I’ve made quite a few crappy decisions over the last two yea
Published August 20th 2020

To ask other readers questions about Home For Summer, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Home For Summer

Start your review of Home For Summer (Home, #2)
Abstract  ♥ Books
Aug 28, 2020 rated it really liked it

ALL MY REVIEWS CAN BE FOUND ON MY BLOG: ABSTRACT BOOKS

line

' Home for Summer ' is a standalone second chance Romance by J.W. Ashley. Told in dual perspectives, get ready to meet Dean and Kleo.

I have been a fan of this author since I read her book ' Long Road Home ' . The way she described the emotions of the characters, gave an amazing intensity to the book! So the moment I saw this sign up , I was all over it ! And what an amazing story it was!

Dean is everything perfect. He is real , kind , passion
Irma *Irma The Book Whisperer*
My first book by this author and certainly not the last.

I have to point out the writing style which is absolutely beautiful. It flows so smoothly, and in the most captivating way.

I loved the main hero and the heroine. Dean was such a great guy. Real, kind, passionate, protective, honorable and hot. And Kleo, she was fierce, with a mind of her own. Two years ago something happended, something that has left a permanent scar on her soul. She's acting all tough and mighty, but in reality she's hur
Jennifer D.
Aug 17, 2020 rated it really liked it
I love small town romances and this one hit the spot! It has a bit of everything; enemies-to-lovers, suspense, emotional past. I immediately felt for Kleo and how misunderstood she is. She carries around so much pain. Dean is not the same boy from high school. He's grown into quite the man. The sexual tension is 🔥. How long can they live under the same roof before giving in? How about when Dean starts to see Kleo in a different light? There is lots of emotion involving Kleo's past and present th ...more
Cee Cee Houston
Aug 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
Home For Summer is my first book from author J.W. Ashley. It’s a well written and enjoyable story. I’ll definitely read her other books.
This one had drama and suspense, but not so much that it dragged the story from being a romance. I liked the characters, Kleo and Dean kept me entertained and interested.
Shayay
Aug 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
Good writing and I enjoyed the bits of suspense; I actually would’ve loved even more. Enjoyed the passion between Kleo and Dean, and overall the story is entertaining. I’d say this is a 3.5 rating; rounded up to a 4, since I just mainly didn’t connect with Kleo as a character. I wasn’t a fan of the premise from the synopsis; Kleo’s personality sounded super annoying and unlikable, but I enjoy many of this author’s other books, so I wanted to give this one a try. I also was intrigued by what happ ...more
Emily Pennington
Shelves: reviewed
Kleo Turner and Dean Lewis' story is very intriguing. Kleo has had a great deal to overcome in her life’s journey and has messed up quite a bit. Now that she is returning home, she is fully expecting to be given her family’s summer youth camp to run. But her father believes she needs to prove herself after her reckless lifestyle which hardly recommends her as a camp counselor. So for now, she won’t be running it alone. Instead, Dean Lewis, who has been successfully running the camp for the past ...more
Heather Kerby
Aug 18, 2020 rated it really liked it
This enemies to lover romance was a great summer read. Kleo has had a hard couple of years, and returns for good to her home town where she reigns are princess. After trying so hard to live up to her parents expectations this past two years have been spent with disappoint after disappoint to them. Dean Lewis was the nerd back in High School who managed to make something of himself in their home town.

Together these two fight for the same position that Kleo was always told she would get, and that
Atlanta Whitlock
Jul 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
If you’ve read Long Road Home by J.W. Ashley, then you should remember Kleo, but she only played a small part in that book and that was mainly back in the beginning of the book…. But you only really saw one side of her and you wasn’t able to make much of an impression of her. However, this book is all about Kleo and the road that she takes. I love how with this book it makes you realise that there’s more that meets the eye and there’s more to a person than what they show on the outside and I thi ...more
Eli Anthony
Aug 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Enemies-to-lovers is slowly becoming a favourite of mine because of books like this. Home For Summer was filled with so much angst, I couldn't get enough!

MY OTHER REVIEWS: A ROMANCE NOVEL ADDICT

When Kleo comes home after being away for years, trying cope with some personal trauma, she finds out that the only thing that brought her back- leading her parents summer camp for troubled youths- has been taken over by her childhood nemesis Dean. She obviously isn't happy about this, especially si
Kari Hansen
Aug 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
It’s been two years since Kleo’s life was forever changed and since then it has been a series of bad choices and self-destructive behavior. Returning to her hometown to manage the youth camp that her family owns is the fresh start that she needs however she is running into two problems one is her parents and the other is Dean, the man who has been in charge while she was away.

Dean remembers Kleo however he is no longer the boy who she was not kind to when they were in high school. Just because s
Kandace Denys (bookish_kayy)
Aug 19, 2020 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed the story of Dean & Kleo. It had an intriguing premise, & the perk of being the first book that I’ve read by this author.
It was almost a home run, but there was just something about the maturity level that Kleo displayed that didn’t sit quite right with me. The dangerous situations that she insisted on putting herself in hit me a little differently than I expected.
However, in contrast to that, I really did like Dean.
The enemies to lovers vibe is strong in this one, and is def
Samantha Grubey (ABookHaven)
Aug 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, 2020
"So the plot of this book besides them getting together revolved around her learning to deal with her attack, we also got a secondary plot of someone maybe after her and let me tell you. Let me tell you. This girl did not expect who it was, it hit me like a brick, I was like what?? I could not believe it, took me by complete surprise and oh my god I so just didn’t see it coming. Also I am so very glad that I did not see it coming because it was great.

I loved this story and honestly the character
Melissa
Aug 19, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: booksprout
Enemies to lovers story set in an at-risk youth camp. Kleo had a traumatic experience and has dealt with it drowning the event in booze and one. Dean is the golden boy who's been in charge of the camp and is not okay with Kleo expecting to get the reins.
Good writing, I just couldn't justify her behavior and that there was no growth.

Alicia
Aug 17, 2020 rated it really liked it
With her head crammed with memories of past trauma, Kloe is finding oblivion through alcohol. For someone with a masters in psychology, you would hope she would find other methods, BUT, no one can dictate how we deal with the isolating affect of PTS on an individual psyche. Kloe is running round in mental circles, short circuiting hope of truly healing. Home for Summer portrays that journey well, and, even though I often found myself chiding Kloe for what I saw as immature choices and behaviour, ...more
cupcakes and bookshelves
An Enemies to Lovers romance with a plot twist I just didn't see coming. Jammed full of suspense and hot chemistry it was my first read from this author and it won't be my last for sure.

*Copy kindly given in exchange for an honest review, thank you so much*
Jacqueline
Aug 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
Dean and Kleo were high school enemies and when Kleo returns home it escalates. It’s exacerbated when her parents put them in direct competition with each other. I really liked Dean’s character, he was a really decent guy. Kleo on the other hand was a spoiled brat and despite the trauma she endured, it didn’t make her any more likable. There was suspense and a twist you don’t see coming that kept the story moving. A little bit of steam kicked the romance into gear. An enjoyable summer read.

I rec
Kimberly
Aug 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
The book is a good small town romance read. The story has a good story line, and the story is a well written read. The characters are good, and they have good chemistry.

Bookish
Aug 17, 2020 rated it liked it
The screw up and the Golden boy, two people who have to work together but can't stand other. A recipe for disaster of a really good romance. A side character we meet before, this is Kleo story, her return home and her strive to redemption. Sweet and fun, this book is good summer time read.
Patti P
Aug 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
Kleo and Dean's story is my first by this author and their story will have me looking at what else she offers. I enjoyed this story overall because it had what I enjoy......it had just enough drama for me, a little suspense and wrapped up in a romance. It was well written and kept me interested until the very end. I received this ARC at no cost in exchange for an honest review.
H S
Jul 27, 2020 rated it really liked it
The story was okay. I liked how the story began, but as I kept reading, I kind of lost interest that I had when I started reading. Overall, not bad.

Melissa ~ Book Boyfriend and Husband Makes Three
This is the second book I have read by this author and as much as I enjoyed Long Road Home I felt like Home For Summer had something extra special and I’m honestly blown away.

I loved Kleo immediately, I could feel the pain she carried and hid from the world and that was when this book started tugging at my heart strings.

Kleo and Dean had me hooked at their first encounter and with every angry word they said to each other was like gasoline on a fire that made their chemistry burn all that much h
Melanie Jo
Jul 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
JW is still pretty new to me and this is the second book I've read from her and I loved it. Talk about an emotional rollercoaster. I loved Kleo and Dean. Their story was emotional but also pretty hot. I'm definitely going to be reading more from her.

I voluntarily reviewed this after receiving a free copy.
Rose Bush
Jul 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book hits all the feels. J.W. Ashley made it to where you feel exactly what Kleo feels. You go through every emotion with her. Dean is hot, sexy, caring, and will push you up against the wall🔥🔥🔥. The plot twist I didn't see coming. That was an awesome read!
J.W. Ashley
Jun 22, 2020 marked it as to-read  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: my-books
COVER REVEAL AND GIVEAWAY! Enter to win an Amazon gift card and an ARC of Home For Summer!

Have you seen the cover yet? Dean is 😍😍😍😍

Enter here-> https://www.jwashley.com/home-for-sum...
____
She’s amazing, this woman.
Scarred.
Strong.
Fucking flawless.
____
Home For Summer is coming August 20th, and keep an eye out for the cover reveal July 30th. This cover is 😍😍

BLOGGERS! I'm so excited to be working with Candi Kane PR again! If you'd like to sign up to receive an ARC, or help spread the word, check o
Valerie (onemorechaptervi)
Aug 18, 2020 rated it really liked it
Home for the Summer by J.W. Ashley addresses the idea that you can’t run from your past forever. Sooner or later you have to come face to face with what has been ruling your actions.

Kleo spent the last two years drowning her memories in parties, booze and poor decisions to no avail. Now she is returning home in hopes of running her family’s camp for troubled youths. The weight of the horror that she experienced two years ago has been sitting heavily on her and its time she has to come face to f
Suzaan Jansen van Rensburg
Aug 30, 2020 rated it really liked it
Dean had a teenage crush on Kleo but she was the rich girl who liked partying so completely out of his league. Kleo also had a crush on him, nerdy though he was and not someone she could be with, that would totally shatter her image. Then one day Kleo just up and left, abandoning her family's summer camp she was supposed to take over. And so Dean took over as camp councillor, reinforcing his believed that she was a shallow partying girl. Two years later she came back, wanting her summer camp bac ...more
Ga Books LoverX
Aug 19, 2020 rated it really liked it
I am not sure what I am expecting, but JW Ashley did a great job with Home For Summer! There were a couple of whiplash moments, but other than that, I thoroughly enjoyed this story. The characters were witty, real, and Dean is just a downright swoon-worthy character. Coming back home is never easy, but when your reason for leaving is a doozy, it makes it ten times harder, just ask Kleo.

All in all if you are looking for an enemies to lovers romance with an edge of suspense and sexual chemistry th
Jennifer Pierson
Aug 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
Kleo experienced something traumatic, and ever since she's been covering it all up with booze, and has even been MIA for two years. Finally, she's coming home to help with the camp her parents own, but while she was MIA, golden boy Dean has been running it. Due to her questionable decisions, her parents won't allow her to take it over until she proves herself by working with Dean so let the games begin. Kleo isn't the easiest heroine as she's not quite out of her destructive patterns because she ...more
Fleur
Aug 22, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2020
Oh boy did I hate Kleo at the beginning she just acted soo entitled and spoilt never thinking of others and felt so bad for Dean with how she comes back home and everything he has worked for may be taken away. This is the perfect slow burn where as we get to know Kleo and her struggles we along with Dean start to care for her as well as understand her more, while she starts to finally let her guard down more. However as she gets more comfortable we know there is danger lurking and try to figure ...more
Cynthia Carpenter
Aug 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely amazing read that will pull you in and keep you glued to your kindle not wanting it to end. This read has twist and turns, very emotional, intense, with hits of danger and will have you guessing who is doing what. Kleo and Dean's story is an enemies, sort second chance romace that's has everything and more. Will these two be able to over come everything for her past to the present problems or will they not be able to see past the displeasure and find peace. Amazing read and this autho ...more

• Coldhearted Heir (The Heirs, #1)
  • Looking to Score (#UofJ, #1)
  • Shaken (Twisted Fox, #2)
  • Bully King (Kings of High Court College, #1)
  • Blood Hunt (Vampire Huntress Chronicles, #1)
  • Tame Him (Rebels At Sterling Prep, #2)
  • Behind the Plate (The Boys of Baseball #2)
  • Hendrix
  • The Setup
  • Wicked Devil (Devils of Sun Valley High, #1)
  • Hard Fall (Trophy Boyfriends, #2)
  • Hate Thy Neighbor
  • The Best Friend Zone: A Small Town Romance
  • Broken Kingdom (Royal Hearts Academy #4)
  • Rule of a Kingdom
  • Indebted (King Crime Family, #1)
  • His Forbidden Princess (Dirty Royals, #3)
  • Fierce (Rosewood High, #4)
The final book in J.W. Ashley's explosive Corrupted trilogy is now live! Binge the complete series now!

***

J.W. Ashley is the author of over fifteen fantasy and contemporary romance novels. The former of which she writes as Jessica Wayne. During the day, she slays laundry and dishes as a homeschooling, stay at home mom of three, and at night her worlds come to life on paper.

She runs on coffee and w

Home (2 books)
  • Long Road Home (Home, #1)