Start by marking “The Little Shop on Floral Street” as Want to Read:
The Little Shop on Floral Street

The Little Shop on Floral Street

In the wake of tragedy, two sisters have to piece their family back together again...

Grace never thought she'd have to return home to Floral Street. Having spent most of her life building a successful career in London, she's done everything she possibly can to avoid the flower stall that's been in her family for generations. But when tragedy hits, she's got no choice. It's
Published August 13th 2020

To ask other readers questions about The Little Shop on Floral Street, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Little Shop on Floral Street

Start your review of The Little Shop on Floral Street
Christopher
Jun 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2020, netgalley
There’s no tussle like a family tussle, and author Jane Lacey-Crane uses this to mine every bit of tension, drama, and misunderstanding possible. Grace and Faith could not be more different—so they assume—and the result is constant sniping that permeates the first part of the book. Yes, there are times when both of them seem frustratingly unreasonable. However, this speaks to the Lacey-Crane’s expert abilities: she’s crafted two flawed characters who aren’t always easy to understand. They’re rea ...more
booklover BEV
May 18, 2020 rated it really liked it
Set in London, Grace Watson works for Oliver Whyman floral designs, having two younger sisters Hope and Faith, her mum and dad who is also a florist, it runs in the family. Grace lives with her boyfriend David an estate agent buying a house in Windsor together. Throughout the book that is sharp and witty in places, the book focused on all the sister's lives. Such a breath of fresh air feeling, it was a delight to read. Loved it
Samantha Tonge
Jun 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This read wasn't at all what I expected and was full of twists and turns. The story focuses on three very different sisters Faith, Grace and Hope and we follow each of their journeys and one that they share together. It's primarily a story about family, with a generous dollop of romance and enjoyable side of humour. I found it difficult to put down! There was no slack, the pace kept me gripped and I found myself racing to the end to find out what happened. And I did like the colourful theme of f ...more
Jeanie
May 13, 2020 rated it it was ok
Thanks to netgalley for an early copy in return for an honest review
Loved the cover of this book but afraid the pettiness between grace hope and faith was rather tiresome I found the book not for me.
Sarah Price
Jul 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I love this story. Its packed full of so many emotions.

I smiled, I cried, I laughed and I was annoyed. There are so many different emotions in this book, anger, frustration, grief, sadness, love and so much more. This book has it all.

Sibling rivalry is a big thing in this novel. All three sisters have their own issues and have all really different personalities.

It took me a while to get to grips with who was who of the sisters but once I did I enjoyed it even more.

I really needed a tissue part
Sandra Coulter
Sep 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Gaele
Grace, Hope and Faith all grew up with the family floral shop as the centerpoint of their lives, and while Grace and Hope did the obligatory ‘work for the firm’ jobs, Faith was left to her own devices which caused no end of strife for the sisters. But now things have taken a tragic turn, forcing Grace to return to the childhood home she left at sixteen never to look back. Adding to that, her youngest and most ‘spoiled’ sister Faith is back at home, and the two are constantly clashing.

While home
Rev Hannah
Jul 23, 2020 rated it really liked it
A story of family, love, loss and new beginnings.
I loved the way this book started by introducing the Watson Sisters through their conversations and interactions with each other. Painting a picture of family with history, flecked with images of the past.
When tragedy strikes the story pivots, and it was this that made it into a page turner. I found myself rooting for each of the characters, feeling their highs and lows.
As with all stories there were threads I wanted developed further, like Faith
Céline Lewis
Sep 01, 2020 rated it it was ok
Shelves: arc, kindle, dnf
Where to start? The characters all have problems communicating with eachother and just keep getting frustrated or angry at eachother because they feel the other doesn’t get them, instead of telling what they are really feeling they juste bottles up everything and I got to a point I was frustrated at them and don’t get me start with Grace’s boyfriend.
The book deals with issue that does happen in real life, but I just can’t get into it I get too frustrated at them.

I’m 22% in the book and I juste
Fiona Sanders
May 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this books. A story full of family troubles, but blood been thicker than water and family love conquers all. A story of family tragedy that had me close to tears. A story of different characters wanting different things from life. A story of picking up where you have left off and of friends for life by your your side. And a story of discovering how unhappiness and just living with what life throws can be transformed into happiness and a life that has been dreamt of. A fantastic ...more
***Cheryl***
Jul 19, 2020 rated it really liked it
This book took me a little my surprise as I read it as it wasn't the read I was expecting but in a good way.

The story is about three sisters, Faith, Hope and Grace and the story is told from of their POV. Part of the story is also about the families flower stall in the local market ran by their dad. What you get from this story is a story about family and their relationship with each other. However there is also the element of romance also thrown in my the author.

At times this was an emotional
thewoollygeek (tea, cake, crochet & books)
Completely adored the sister relationships in this story, so completely real and believable, the bickering and arguing, but the love and devotion, just amazing relationships. It’s funny, but also emotional Bring tissues you’ll need them) and full of the importance of family and relationships. Just a beautiful story with wonderful writing, thoroughly and highly recommended

Thanks to netgalley and the publisher for a free copy for an honest opinion
Mrs J Beavis
Aug 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is a very enjoyable book to read, it is one of downs before ups but is well written and the author has really caught the spirit of life. This could so easily be a true tale and it made for a good read. I cried in several parts but others made up for that. I am giving this 5 stars and recommend everyone to read it.
Helen
Jun 22, 2020 rated it liked it
Without giving the plot away, I will just say that this was a hard book to read. There were tissues on more than one occasion. It was not the normal light reading that I go for as a bedtime read. I did, however, want to know how it all panned out and whether the characters came to a resolution.
Thanks to the publishers and Net Galley for the ARC to review.
Jessica Jarlvi
Sep 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This was exactly the kind of book I needed to read right now - smooth, lovely writing, which also made me miss the UK (in a good way). Family drama focused on the relationship between sisters; their differences, arguments but also sense of humour. And I loved the colourful florist shop, which was at the centre of the story.
Jemima Reads
This was the first book I read by Jane Lacey-Crane and definitely won't be the last. I enjoyed her writing, and appreciate this is a lovely little read, a wonderful feel-good book, perfect as a weekend read.

Disclosure: I'd like to thank the publisher for my advanced reader copy. This is my honest review.

Annarella
Jul 31, 2020 rated it really liked it
It's the first book I read by this author and won't surely be the last.
I liked this story, it moved and made me smile. The characters are realistic and fleshed out, the plot kept me hooked.
Recommended.
Many thanks to the publisher and Netgalley for this ARC, all opinions are mine.
Suzanne Waters
Jun 20, 2020 rated it liked it
I loved this book, it was so uplifting and just perfect for a sunny day in the garden. Was so hooked I read it in two and a half days. Looking forward to reading more.
Kath
Rachael
Aug 14, 2020
Tulika Varma
Aug 14, 2020

• Christmas at Carly's Cupcakes (Whitsborough Bay, #6)
  • The Ops Room Girls (The Women's Auxiliary Air Force #1)
  • Summer at Rachel’s Pudding Pantry (Pudding Pantry, Book 3)
  • What Means the Most (Island, #1)
  • The Songbird Cottage (Pleasant Bay Book 1)
  • Rescue Me
  • The Village Shop for Lonely Hearts (Riverside Lane, #1)
  • A Sunset in Sydney (Holiday Romance Book 3)
  • Finding Love at Hedgehog Hollow
  • Christmas with the Ops Room Girls (The Women's Auxiliary Air Force #2)
  • The Winter Garden
  • Chosen Ones (The Chosen Ones, #1)
  • The Prison Doctor
  • Starry Skies Over The Chocolate Pot Cafe
  • The Girls of Victory Street (The Bryant Sisters #1)
  • The Secret Seaside Escape
  • Aria’s Travelling Book Shop
Born in London, Jane's writing career began in cable TV, writing true crime documentaries. More recently, Jane has contributed to an anthology of short stories and written two weekly crime serials. When she's not writing, Jane loves to read good books, binge watch TV boxsets and drink tea. And wine.

News & Interviews