Start by marking “Wild Highway (Runaway, #2)” as Want to Read:
Wild Highway (Runaway, #2)

Wild Highway

(Runaway #2)

From USA Today Bestselling Author Devney Perry comes a small town, second chance romance.

Gemma Lane built an empire. Not a small feat, considering her home as a teenager was a makeshift tent in a California junkyard. She’s dedicated her life to turning pennies into millions. She has power, fortune and prestige.

And she’s leaving it all behind.

Gemma is headed across the coun
Published June 23rd 2020 by Devney Perry LLC

Start your review of Wild Highway (Runaway, #2)
Lana ❇✾DG Romance❇✾
4.5 STARS
That man . . . grr. I wanted to strangle him and kiss him and kick him and lick him all in the same moment.

I simply adore this series. I cannot get enough of it. I was immediately hooked the second I read Runaway Road, and it seems to only get better with each book!

If you know me or follow my reviews, then you already know I'm a sucker for a second chance romance. So suffice it to say that I gobbled this story up with a spoon and licked my fingers after for good measure. It
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog
<3 4 STARS <3

Such a great series!Wild Highway had it all a heartwarming romance ,it was emotional and steamy!I loved this story, and the writing!This is about Gemma's journey to find herself.

description

"Gemma and I argued. We were at each other's throats, and it was because if we didn't fight this attraction, if we gave in... we'd be doomed."

I adored Easton, he is swoon worthy,sexy, and a broody cowboy!The chemistry between Easton and Gemma was off the charts!Wow they were addictive!

This a second chance ro
Radd Reader
“This journey was about searching for a real life. The life money couldn’t buy.
I wanted the things I’d never had.
Family. Love. Peace.”

Characters
Easton (33, manages the family ranch in Montana):
The following words/phrases were used to describe Easton: rugged, rough, sexy, authentic rancher, gorgeous, infuriating, overwhelming

Something to know about Easton:
- he is supposed to be in charge of the ranch, but his dad and his grandpa just can’t seem to let go and they constantly undermine h
Alba and Her Secrets..♥
4.5 'Where do you fit, Gemma?' Stars!
ARC provided by the author in exchange for an honest review.

I do believe I have a new favorite runaway! Though I’ve loved the stories of both runaways I’ve already read. Devney Perry is killing it with her new series about this group of broken people who shared a junkyard home when they were young. We started with Londyn and now it was time for Gemma to get into the Cadillac and get her own adventure to happiness. Of course, Devney did a wonderful job with th
 Sonya ♕Chatterbooks book blog♕
20200620_000634.png

Wild Highway is going to give you the small town romance feel, indulging in a unexpected road trip, and wanting to heal old wounds. This was the kind of read that will hit when you’re least expecting it and even though you will breeze the story in no time, these characters will have a lasting effect on you.

Gemma didn’t have the perfect childhood like some kids did. Looking back on it, some moments were filled with fear and having a sense of loss but through it all, she tried her best to get t
❤️Emma Book Lover ❤️

It's_not_hoarding_if_it's_books Ig page

I was very intrigued by Gemma's character in the first book so I got very excited to get to know her story. Devney's Perry words are always enticing and I adore her writing style that gets better and better with every new book.

"I used to be impulsive and adventurous. Money and success were to blame for the caution that had invaded my life. A month ago, I’d had hundreds of employees counting on me to make the right decisions. They’d needed me to t
Nadene  (Totally Addicted to Reading)
Wild Highway by Devney Perry is the second book in the Runaway series and it can be read as a stand-alone. I went into this book with high expectations and Perry did not disappoint. She took me on a wild yet captivating journey, one which I have yet to recover.

This installment brings us Gemma’s story. From the moment of her introduction in book one, she piqued my interest, and I was curious about her story. Let me tell you it wasn’t pretty. However, she proved to be one tough cookie. She pulled
Bookgasms Book Blog
Jun 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: shelly, missy
Oh my word.

I'm all in my feelings over this story. I don't know what I was expecting, but it wasn't the emotional punch packed into this short, sweet, sexy book. I loved Runaway Road, but Wild Highway took it to the next level to me. I felt Gemma and Easton's connection to my core. My heart wrapped itself around them and felt every ache and bruise as these two sorted through their issues and fumbled their way into a hard-won love story.

It was so good. Gemma's story broke my heart. I felt for her
Lyndy Ann ♫
5 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

Another 5 star read from Devney Perry, the second journey in the Runaway series.

This time Gemma drives the Cadillac to Montana to see Katherine and to apologise for abandoning her there eleven years ago.

Gemma left the morning after spending the night with Easton so he is not impressed that she is back at the ranch.

Gemma and Easton have a slow burn relationship, enemies to lover.

I lost myself in this story that I was at the end before I even realised it. I loved every second of this book.

I
Elle's Book Blog
Jun 19, 2020 rated it really liked it
Release Date: June 23, 2020
Actual Rating: 4 stars

Second Chance Romance

Devney Perry is one of my favorite authors. I loved her books since she published her first one and have read every one since then. This series, while different than her other small-town romances, has a unique concept. Each book can stand alone, but they are all interconnected by each character’s past. This book features Gemma’s second chance romance to a boy turned into a man. They are a unique couple, and while at firs
Amy
Jun 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Devney Perry has knocked it out of the park with Wild Highway. When I think of second chance romances, I think of romance, angst and heartache. Wild Highway hit all those marks and took me on a journey I never saw coming…

Wild Highway is the second book in the Runaway Series and it follows the story of Gemma and Easton. From the moment you meet these two characters, you will be utterly consumed by them. I mean, you might as well cancel all of your plans for the day, because you’re going to want t
AJ
4.5 stars!

There is something about a Devney Perry book. You know you’re going to get a beautifully written story that will capture your heart and make you fall in mad love, and that’s exactly what I experienced with this one. The second book in the Runaway series is a gorgeous story of a lost woman finding her place in the world, and an amazing second chance romance that had me feeling all the feels.

Gemma was one of six runaways who found a home together in a Californian junk yard. She has come
Antonella
Jan 19, 2021 rated it really liked it
SERIES: Runaway #2 ( it can be read as standalone)
GENRE: contemporary romance
RATING: 4 ⭐
SONGS: Niall Horan- This Town
Lady A- Need you now
Normani- Motivation

favorite thing about the book: strong & driven heroine

Gemma stole the show here. It is a book about her finding her place in the world. I wasn't really into Easton and their romance. But I don't mind. Enjoyed it!!

Runaway Road 3 ⭐
wild high
Shabby  -BookBistroBlog
My heart was all tingly after reading this feel good, second chance love story by Devney.
As good as the first book Runaway Road was, this book is Even Better!!!
Londyn’s cherry-red, 1964 Cadillac DeVille convertible

description

it seems like the fabled pumpkin carriage given by fairy godmother of fate itself, taking the girls to their HEA. I mean if Prince Charming can't come to the princess, they get into their car and Runaway on the Wild Highway!!
It's a relay trip turned life changing journey for at l
Vanessa (nessreads)
I devoured this book! Once I started I couldn’t stop, I was consumed. So far, Wild Highway is my favorite book in the Runaway series! This book brought so many emotions—it had me feeling everything. I cried both sad and happy tears and was overcome with so much happiness. Gemma and Easton captured my heart—I loved them so much.

Gemma has not had it easy. From a young age her childhood was anything but perfect. Gemma became a runaway and found safety at a junkyard with 5 other runaways who she for
Keri Loves Books
Jun 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A Roadtrip That Ends With Forever Love!

I was Totally Smitten with this story! LOVED IT!

Gemma had a rough start at life. She went from a runaway living in a junkyard to millionaire. She just sold her company and she's taking a road trip. Her first stop takes her to a best friend which leads her to her next journey. She's ready to make amends and reunite with her junkyard family.

There's no better way to figure life out then to hop in a convertible and hit the road. Gemma's back to the place where
Jenny - TotallybookedBlog
Jun 29, 2020 rated it really liked it
description

‘She’d been a force of her own, so tied up in her own life that others were forgotten. I just had to bide my time. Then Gemma Lane would disappear. And I’d go back to forgetting the breathtaking woman with the sparkling hazel eyes who turns out, I hadn’t forgotten at all.’

Wild Highway by Devney Perry is another small-town romance in the Runaway series, a series we’ve fallen utterly in love with. We say it time and time again, Devney Perry writes the sweetest emotional romance. This series is eve
Carvanz
Oh my! What an absolutely beautiful, moving story of finding where you belong and second chance romance!

Image may contain: sky, plant, outdoor, nature and water

My heart ached for Gemma. She has had one tough life but she has not only persevered, she has excelled. I’m all about family and watching Gemma struggle with the lack of family cut me to the quick. I wanted to grab her into my arms and make all the pain go away. She was wounded, knew it, but unable to find the answer of how to heal herself.

”What do you want, Gem?”

A place

A safe place. A fore
Wendy ⏃: ✦Cheeky Chicks Reviewer✦
4.5 STARS!

Wild Highway is book two in Devney Perry's Runaway series and is filled with lots of small-town loving!

We first meet Gemma in book one, Runaway Road, and she is a member of the Junk Yard crew (a group of runaways). Now, she's wealthy and successful but she's still lost and hasn't found her way just yet. She decides to take the plunge, sells her company and rides off in the Red Cadillac to Montana to make amends with Katherine (a fellow Junk Yard friend) and while there she runs into (
Jamie (TheRebelliousReader)
4 stars. I was worried in the beginning there because I did not like Easton for like the first 40% or so of this book. He was so unlikable and childish and rude. It was a turn off but I should’ve known Devney Perry would turn it around and make me fall in love with him and she absolutely did. Once he softened up and stopped judging and being a dick towards Gemma he was a big softy. Though he was an idiot when it came to how he handled a lot of things, his heart was in the right place.

Gemma was
Heroesinbooks
5 Gemma and Easton Stars

I appear to be reading this series completely out of order but this book holds up as a standalone very well.

And I am LOVING it.

I may be a tiny bit addicted to Ms Perry's style of story telling. From The Coppersmith Farmhouse to Letters to Molly I am hooked.

Wild Highway is the second in the Runaway Series and it is Gemma and Easton's story. When Gemma was eighteen she spent some time working on the Greer Family resort in the depths of Montana and from the very start sh
Dawn
Jun 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
GIRLS!! And men if you are here and reading this. I FREAKING LOVE THIS BOOK. Let me go as far as saying I LOVE THIS FREAKING SERIES. Devney Perry has become an absolute AUTO read author for me, having penned one of my very favorite reads EVER (Molly) and every single story I have read just takes a little more of my heart. Let's be honest here...I have been STRUGGLING to read and keep my attention on the book at hand but once I started this one, I was TOO quickly reading the end. UNPUTDOWNABLE. T ...more
Izzie d
Jun 24, 2020 rated it liked it
Second chance romance.
Love hate relationship.
No intimate scenes other than the Hero and heroine.
Both with others during time apart though no details.
Small other woman drama.
Heroine feels he flirts but he is clueless to other woman feelings.
Breadcrumbs dropped for future books in series.
HEA.
Epilogue.

One thing I did feel at the start, the heroine sells her company for millions and she and her PA are worried what she will do with her life..... Who cares, she has dso much money she can do anything..
Yvette ~ Nose Stuck in a Book
Having been blown away by Runaway Road, I was particularly excited to read Wild Highway, the second ebook in Devney Perry’s Runaway Series. My eagerness was partly due to the fact that I will gladly devour anything Devney Perry writes, and partly because I’m more than a little obsessed with second chance romances. I don’t know what it is about them, but they’re often hopelessly romantic and gut-wrenchingly emotional, thanks to the already-established history between the main characters. In Wild ...more
Rachel
Jun 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
4.5+ stars

Gemma Lane is leaving behind her fast paced, business focused life in order to help deliver her friend’s Cadillac to California. From living in a junkyard, to running a multimillion dollar cosmetics company, Gemma has built her life from the ground up. But she’s taking some time to figure out what is next, and a stop in Montana to visit another old friend is a necessary part of this journey.

Easton Greer runs his family’s Montana ranch. With his father and grandfather still active in t
Red Cheeks Reads
Jun 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
5 SMOOCHES!

Devney Perry has once again blown me away with a book from the Runaway series. Book two, Wild Highway, was a poignant and moving story about one woman’s cross-country journey to find herself. What she found instead was the home she’s always longed for and a second-chance at love with the one man she’s never forgotten.

Gemma Lane has built her empire, and for a girl with her personal history, it was a particularly remarkable feat. A teen runaway who spent several years living in a junky
Carol (StarAngel's Reviews) Allen
4.5 Stars

With the second book of the Runaway series...we follow Gemma's turn with the Cadillac. I love how each girl is taking a turn with the car and it's return to Karson in California.

This is the second chance love story/romance between Gemma and Easton who she ran away from 11 years prior to make her fortune.

They are angry...and the sexual tension between these two is off the roof.

I think the only thing that bothered me was Gemma's insecurity that sometimes it was so bad I found myself ro
Mitch Buenaventura
Atlast I finished a book after ten years :). Devney gives heartwarming ending.
You won’t know that it’s what you needed. Take the plunge, give in to love and have a happy ending.

“Home.
I hadn’t cried for long when two arms banded around me and Easton pulled me into his chest. “You okay?”
I nodded, leaning into his embrace. “They’re happy tears.”
“Good. Welcome home, darlin’.”

Excerpt From
Wild Highway (Runaway Book 2)
Devney Perry
This material may be protected by copyright.
Korrie’s Korner
As always, Devney Perry never disappoints with small town romance. She is just good at her craft and I love the way her stories make me feel all the things. I am a sucker for second chance romances every single time. Easton & Gemma’s love story made me super teary. I loved all the characters and their life on the ranch/spa. This book reiterates the saying about family not being necessarily blood, but the people you choose. Loved this so much!
Gretchen  (About That Story)
This was an absolutely amazing second chance romance! Devney Perry has a wonderful way of inviting you into a story and making you a part of it. Right from the start, I was pulled back into this detailed world, learning about Gemma and her past. I loved meeting Easton and couldn't get enough of the animosity between them as sparks flew.

Gemma and Easton were incredible characters. I loved Gemma and this remarkable strength she had. I was intrigued by the life she’d built and understood her confl
Turning Pages At ...: Wild Highway by Devney Perry 58 24 Jul 04, 2020 11:48AM
Goodreads Librari...: Add Book to Series 4 17 Jan 16, 2020 03:28PM

• The Bribe (Calamity Montana #1)
  • The Bluff (Calamity Montana, #2)
  • Muses & Melodies (Hush Note, #3)
  • Hell Hath No Fury
  • Dirty Cowboy (A Cocky Hero Club Novel)
  • California Dreamin'
  • Lies & Lullabies (Hush Note, #1)
  • One Night Only (The Extravagant, #1)
  • Kiss To Conquer (Blairwood University #1)
  • Fifth a Fury (Goddess Isles, #5)
  • Crowned by Fate (Crowned #2)
  • One Moment Please (Wait With Me, #3)
  • Love in Deed (Green Valley Library #6)
  • Titan (Dark Kings, #1)
  • Sea of Ruin (Sea of Ruin, #1)
  • Taming Hollywood's Baddest Boy (Hollywood, #1)
  • The Rival Roomies (The Rooftop Crew, #3)
  • The One for Me (The Arrowood Brothers, #3)
Devney is a USA Today bestselling author who lives in Washington with her husband and two sons. Born and raised in Montana, she loves writing books set in her treasured home state. After working in the technology industry for nearly a decade, she abandoned conference calls and project schedules to enjoy a slower pace at home with her family. Writing one book, let alone many, was not something she ...more

Runaway (5 books)
  • Runaway Road (Runaway, #1)
  • Quarter Miles (Runaway, #3)
  • Forsaken Trail (Runaway, #4)
  • Dotted Lines (Runaway, #5)

News & Interviews

“These spontaneous decisions of the past few weeks suddenly made sense. They had purpose. They had meaning. They were to get me here, in this moment.
I was setting out to right a wrong. To find myself again.
On the wild highway.”
1 likes
“What do you want from me, Easton?”
For you to get the hell out of my head.
1 likes