Start by marking “The Player Next Door” as Want to Read:
The Player Next Door

The Player Next Door

(Polson Falls #1)

Scarlet Reed has returned to Polson Falls, convinced that twelve years away is long enough to shed her humiliating childhood identity as the town harlot's daughter. With a teaching job secured and an adorable fixer-upper to call home, things in her life are finally looking up.

That is, until she finds out that Shane Beckett lives next door.

Shane Beckett, the handsome and ch
Published June 14th 2020

To ask other readers questions about The Player Next Door, please sign up.
jen She will it's gonna be called The Hustler Next Door (from that I've seen on Tucker's page) !…moreShe will it's gonna be called The Hustler Next Door (from that I've seen on Tucker's page) !(less)
Ria | Abstract ♥ Books Me too!!! I think the author mentioned that she will write one for her ! I am not sure though 😬☹️

Start your review of The Player Next Door
K.A. Tucker
May 08, 2020 added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
TPND copy copy (1)

TPND copy copy copy

TPND copy copy copy copy

Instagram Post

ARCs will be available June 7th, 2020 for those who signed up with Valentine PR. The ARC request list is now closed.

NEW RELEASE DATE!
The good news is my upcoming contemporary romance The Player Next Door is longer than I anticipated (more story for you!). The not so good news is I have to push the release date back by two weeks to allow myself more time for editing.
This book is:
✅fun & flirty
✅ second-chance
✅ hate-to-love
✅ small town

ARCs will not be available until around June 7th.
mel ☽

the blurb got me excited but also hesitant because apparently Shane (H) broke Scarlett's (h) heart and he was a "lying, cheating player", so obviously that would make people scratch their heads because ~ cheating ~ is the keyword right there but at the same time i was like fuck yess grovelling time but ha ha ha where was the grovel?

before i get into the spoiler talk, lemme just give y'all the backstory.

↳ Scarlett and Shane had a summer fling before senior year started. Scarlett was the
Christy
Jun 08, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2020-four-stars
4 stars

IMG_7164

I love a good second chance romance and I love a single dad romance even more. The Player Next Door was the perfect summer read. It was sweet, fun, and angsty in the best way!

Scarlet left town after graduation and never looked back. Now, twelve years later, a job and a house brings her back. One of the main reasons she left is Shane Beckett. She had it bad for Shane and right before their senior year, after a wonderful summer together, he dumped her. The last thing she expects is to
Arini ~ Miss Casually Reading
3.75 Stars

*Shrieks*

What is wrong with me? Did I just read a second chance hate to love romance (view spoiler) and actually . . . savored it?

I will have to give my thanks to Halle (@halle_reads). Had she not warned me (view spoiler), I would have most likely come out
jessica
Aug 10, 2020 rated it really liked it
for a book that was written and then self-published/released in quarantine, this is actually pretty good. but i dont even know why i doubted KAT in the first place.

i will say this is really nothing new in the romance genre. its your pretty standard ‘second chance at love’ story with many familiar tropes - a very ‘what you see is what youre gonna get’ kind of story - but, as a creature of habit, i appreciate that. i like that i could just turn my brain off and enjoy the story for what it is.

so
❥ KAT ❥ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books
24993460-SX540
q2
MY REVIEW AND OTHERS: can also be found on my blog:
➽ KITTY KATS CRAZY ABOUT BOOKS
2ir3yw5
THE PLAYER NEXT DOOR: Is a full length second chance romance novel by K.A. Tucker.

Get ready for 'The Player Next Door' to start ticking all those boxes ladies!!
✅fun & flirty
✅ second-chance
✅ hate-to-love
✅ small town

THE PAST:
The two seventeen year olds had spent the whole summer together, when out of the blue before their senior year was ready to kick off he said that he couldn’t handle a relati
Lana ❇✾DG Romance❇✾
2.5 STARS
Fool me once, shame on you. This second time, though? That’s all on me.

That moment when you don't love a book by one of your most beloved authors. Awkward city. Population of one.

Gosh. Where do I even start here. I love a second chance romance with a splash of angst and some hate lust when they get reunited. The blurb to this sounded like the ultimate reader catnip for me. Unfortunately, this had my one and only hard limit when it comes to romance, and so it went downhill f
Halle Reads
2 Stars 🌟

Let me start out by saying that I have truly loved most of KA Tucker's books in the past and she has written some of my favourite stories so when I first heard about this book I was beyond excited. The blurb drew me in and I couldn't wait to dive in. Sadly though this book did not work for me. I wanted to like this book sooo much but I just couldn't. The book starts out with a declaration that says

'For all those who need a fun and flirty escape.'

Which made me relax thinking yesss t
Nilufer Ozmekik
Jun 22, 2020 rated it really liked it
Okay, it was fast, hooking, tempting, entertaining, angsty as hell , well-written romance. I love K. A. Tucker’s works since Ten Tiny Breaths series. She may write stories shake you to the core. She knows how to find true words warm our heart and how to brush our deep feelings.

This second chance book is safe read. There is nothing surprising, twisty and there is no jaw dropping part makes us question about our own reality.

Two high school lovers broke up badly and 12 years later they become neigh
✰ Liz ✰
★4.5★
"Is he nailing your fence nice and hard?"
description

The Player Next Door is a passionate second chance romance by the gifted KA Tucker. Scarlet Reed's dreams are finally coming true. She has bought a house in her old home town and is about to start teaching at the local elementary school. Little does she know that her dream has a huge plot twist looming. Living right next door to Scarlet is her old flame, Shane Beckett. Shane was everything Scarlet wanted and after being dumped by the smoking hot
Phuong ✯
– 2.75 stars

I've finally read a K.A. Tucker book and it was ehhh okayish.

The only thing I know about K.A. Tucker is that she wrote The Simple Wild, a book that is beloved by many, therefore I tried to go in with not too high expectations.

The Player Next Door started out good. I liked Scarlet and Shane as individuals. Miss Tucker's writing is easy to follow and I didn't get bored by the story which is a big plus lately. But the more I read, the more frustrated I got with the main characters, esp
Jen
This was a light hearted, feel good kind of book! I quite enjoyed it, and I fell in love with the sexy, fire fighter hero that starred in this story!

KA Tucker is always able to transport me into her worlds that she creates! Her romances are usually the kind that make butterflies in my stomach flutter, and puts warmth in my heart. She also creates a sexy read, and in this story adds a slow burn that had me begging for more!

This was a second chance romance between Shane and Scarlett. It wasn’t all
Susan's Reviews
Jun 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

Scarlet's life had not been easy, suffering for the sins of her mother whose loose ways made her the talk of the town. Scarlet leaves for college, determined never to return to the town that was the cause of so much heartbreak for her.

But as luck would have it, her old school principal lures her back, and the house she always coveted as a child comes on the market, so back she comes to Polson Falls. At one point I wanted to rename the town Poison Falls, because there were some seriously nasty pe
Lacey (laceybooklovers)
3.5 STARS

I am such a big fan of K.A. Tucker, so when I heard she’d be releasing a new standalone with summer vibes, I couldn’t wait to get my hands on it! Also, I’m always a sucker for both second chance romances and single parent romances. I ended up enjoying Shane and Scarlet’s story – it’s both sweet and dramatic, if that makes sense. If you want a summer read with a swoony hero and lots of unresolved tension, give The Player Next Door a try!

Scarlet has returned home after being away for twel
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog
What a nice surprise ❤️❤️

I really liked this one, if you are looking for a second chance romance, this is what you need!The story was sweet and the characters were great!

It has the great amount of tension ,drama and sweet moments!Shane and Scarlet had a hot and intense romance .

The Player Next Door is a great summer read!

MELISSA *Mel Reader*
Jun 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arcs
4.5 Stars!
(ARC provided by Valentine PR)

3409449A_2598_4145_A3AF_00BC13A33D8A

Scarlet Reed grew up in Polson Falls, Pennsylvania, and couldn't wait to get as far away from the town and living in the shadow of her mother's often scandalous reputation. She heads to NY for college, and twelve years later a job opportunity and her child dream home becoming available help cement her decision to return to her hometown. She's excited for a fresh start even in a world of familiar faces. Things are finally going her way, and then she lea
Dilek VT
I hate "second chances in love" trope in romance books. They are rarely done right. I usually hate the reason of their break-up. I can only deal with second chance romance if the couple was separated because of outside factors, not because he is a douchebag etc.

In this case, he is a hero I can never forgive. He just leaves her for an easier girl because our heroine is complicated and he chooses her bully as his next girlfriend. Then he has a child from her. That's unforgivable in my book!

My dear
Susan's Reviews
Jul 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

Miftahul
Jun 22, 2020 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Dnf at 85% ( review contains spoilers)

I felt like i was reading a wattpad story, the characters were do freaking immature and they were in their 30s. 😫 so the story is about Scarlet whose mom is known for sleeping around with men, especially married men and cuz of that Scarlet gets bullied in highschool but when Shane the popular jock starts dating her, everyone likes her but soon he breaks her heart and hooks up with her biggest enemy Penelope. Years later Scarlet is back in town and Shane wan
Bhavya Marya

K.A Tucker is a great writer and I've read some pretty great books from her. But while there were some awesome moments in this book, I'm feeling kinda let down and unsatisfied.

*mild spoilers ahead*

The ending was disappointing. It felt like it was wrapped into a nice little neat bow very quickly. It felt rushed. I didn't even realise I was on the last chapter. I also thought there would be more scenes of Cody and Scarlet together since he's a huge part of Shane's life.
And Shane's reason
Corina
Somewhere between 3.5 and 4

Second chance romance is not my most favorite trope but I enjoy a sexy neighbor any day of the week.

The novel was a sweet and fluffy read, perfect for summer. I enjoyed the couple, and the supporting cast. And the novel had some wonderful scenes, great humor, chemistry, attraction, and some unresolved drama and emotional package that needed to be taken care of first. All in all, the book delivered in what it was supposed to do, being an easy and lighthearted novel.

For
Veronica WordsAreMyDrinkOfChoice
Caitlin Reads
Jun 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I am a huge K.A Tucker fan. The Simple Wild was one of my all time favorite books. That being said, I was a little nervous about this one given the sub par reviews. However, I was pleasantly surprised and really enjoyed The Player Next Door. Scarlet Reed returns to Polson Falls to begin a teaching job after purchasing the fixer upper she loved as a child. Polson Falls holds some rough memories for her being the daughter of the town harlot. She had also suffered her first and only heartbreak at t ...more
Sentranced Jem
Elizabeth
Jun 14, 2020 marked it as nope-nope-nope  ·  review of another edition
Slight spoilers

Why does it always have to be the nemesis? I just will never understand why authors do this. There is not one thing that is romantic about the guy you love sticking his dick into a girl who treated you like shit, NOTHING!!! 😫
Wendy'sThoughts
Jun 17, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: K.A. Tucker Fans, Romance
4 Getting Zen With It Stars
* * * * Spoiler Free
There should have been a manual on how to be a teenager. They have manuals for everything...cars, appliances, even the little ones. Why isn't there something to guide teenagers through the crappiest times of their lives...

It is when young men only think with their dicks. It is when young women fall hard for these guys and then get dumped for the stupidest reasons...many to do with said dicks. There are bullies abound and cowards who hide behind them
Ceara
Jun 14, 2020 marked it as nope  ·  review of another edition

So let me get this straight. He was in love with her but because he was a dumb horny teenager he dumped her then hooked up with her bully and got her pregnant? Get the fuck outta here with this shit. This is why I hate second chance romance. It’s always the same OW drama. Authors, why don’t ya’ll change things up and reverse the roles for once? Or just not have OW/baby mama drama? It’s not fun to read especially when the OW who will be in their lives forever is a girl that bullied her.
Nova B
Jun 14, 2020 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
He was in the past and nothing changed in the present. A douche.
Why would she want to be with him and the fact that he’s a single dad with the baby mama from hell. NOPE 👎🏻 like run away girl. But of course not, why would a writer do that, it’s not clique it would be original.
Mickeysreads
Jun 17, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: three-star, 2020-read
thumbnail-Image-1

So Scarlet and Shane dated for a summer before senior year until Shane breaks up with her and is literally seen the next day hooking up with Scarlet’s tormentor Penelope. As soon as her senior year was over Scarlet left town with her broken heart.

Fast forward 12 years Scarlet is back in town, she just recently bought her dream house and is moving in when she finds out who her next door neighbor is. Non other than Shane fucking Beckett. The boy who broke her heart in high school. Who is also
Robin Hill
Cute second chance small town romance with a single dad. Low angst, no tears, plenty of swoon.

• Beach Read
  • The Friend Zone (The Friend Zone, #1)
  • Little Secrets
  • The Vanishing Half
  • Empire of Storms (Throne of Glass, #5)
  • Queen of Shadows (Throne of Glass, #4)
  • Arrogant Devil
  • The Allure of Julian Lefray (The Allure, #1)
  • Scoring Wilder
  • Weightless
  • Cruel Prince (Royal Hearts Academy, #1)
  • Heir of Fire (Throne of Glass, #3)
  • Happy Trail (Park Ranger, #1)
  • The Mistake (Off-Campus, #2)
  • Sparrow
  • Inappropriate
  • Dr. Neuro (St. Luke's Docuseries, #3)
  • To Love Jason Thorn
K.A. Tucker writes captivating stories with an edge.

She is the internationally bestselling author of the Ten Tiny Breaths and Burying Water series, He Will Be My Ruin, Until It Fades, Keep Her Safe, The Simple Wild, Be the Girl, and Say You Still Love Me. Her books have been featured in national publications including USA Today, Globe & Mail, Suspense Magazine, Publisher's Weekly, Oprah Mag, and F

Articles featuring this book

Finding the perfect book at the perfect moment can feel a lot like falling in love. Both experiences bring up those “I can’t take my eyes off of...