Start by marking “Rescue Me (Holmes Brothers, #3)” as Want to Read:
Rescue Me (Holmes Brothers, #3)

Rescue Me

(Holmes Brothers #3)

The third title in this fast-growing series about the Holmes family.
Published February 1st 2009 by Leisure Books (first published January 27th 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Rescue Me, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rescue Me

Byron Washington
Jan 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
Reading just to finish the series. OCD is a mutha*****!!!🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 Not bad though.
Celeste
Jun 02, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Second chance at love with a few bumps in the road

Alex and Renee's story had a nice added bounce by incorporating Jasmine into their story. As Alex being a single parent, it was essential to see how six year old Jasmine would adjust to the Change. It was also good to see the brothers Eli and Toby revisited, and how Margo's story with Gerald was intertwine. You'll laugh, you weep, and you feel all types of emotions that comes from the secrets revealed of family and close hurt.
Blow Pop
May 30, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: written-by-woc
Content warnings: heterosexual relationships, sex, pregnancy mention, death mention, physical abuse mention, manipulation mention, emotional abuse mention, cheating mention, head trauma, child not your own, dealing with parents dating (both from young kid and explaining as an adult to them and as an adult explaining to adult children), talk of hurricane katrina and resulting devastation, financial issues, being ripped off by con men

Review tba
Kathy
Jun 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent

They just keep getting better. I liked the first one in this series, and thought the second was even better, but this one really hit it out of the ballpark. The guys are just as adorable as ever, but Alex is so deserving of his second chance. And Mamma Holmes adds a surprise twist of her own. Loved it.
Lorraine Darrell
Dec 22, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Still Enjoying the Holmes

I am still enjoying the story line, but skipped over some of the romance areas. Got the jest so felt I wasn’t missing anything!
Seantheaussie
Jan 28, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: contemporary, romance
DNF during sample after skipping paragraphs early in sample.
Latoya Brooks
Jan 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good read!

I knew that was going to happen when Alex went to the blood bank. Thank sucks but I’m glad he was ok in the end. Everything happens for a reason
Lorinda Cockrell
Jun 26, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Farrah Rochon is a talented writer and in her Holmes Brothers series she finishes as strong as she began. Alexander Holmes vows to work hard, take care of his daughter and widowed mother. He has a business to run and there's no time for a relationship. Women are constantly flirting with him or throwing themselves at him but he continues to resist them. He blames himself for the loss of his wife so he doesn't want to take the chance of another failed relationship. His daughter Jazz who is spoiled ...more
Kim
Jun 20, 2011 rated it really liked it
I loved Alex and Renee's story, and it was a great way to wrap up the series. Alex was the epitome of what a great father is. He put is daughter before everything else, even his own love life. Renee was the perfect fit for him. She was able to show him what real love was, and she loved his daughter so much as well. It was great to read about Elijah's and Monica's wedding since they fell in love in the first book, and their mom Margo's story was really a great treat.
Crystal
Jul 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great closer

This trilogy was great. I loved the stories for these brothers whom had been through so much but are able to find unyielding love. Although my heart broke for Alex and all he had to endure with his ex-wife but glad that Renee was able to rescue him from it all. The moment Monica told him to go to the blood bank, I knew it would come out that he was not Jasmine's father. He broke down but love brought him back up and helped him keep it together. Loved it!
MidnightAce
Jul 17, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Now this book was my favorite, don't get me wrong the entire series was good, but Alex's story left a lasting impression on me. This a person, who was very giving of himself out of all the characters and the one who got the rawest deal. That wife of his I wanted bring back and kill again (sorry for any spoilers) Finally with Renee, they were able to heal each other. Momma Margo's little secret was a nice added bonus. It was a nice wrap up.
Connie
Wow! Sweet, sexy and surprising! So many twists and turns right up to the shocker at the end. Alex Holmes doesn't have time for love. He is too busy raising Jasmine, his 7 year old daughter and running his construction business. In addition, his lying, cheating, DEAD ex-wife made it impossible for Alex to trust another woman. That is, until he meets Renee Moore, Jasmine's reading teacher. Awesome story!
Rhonda
May 27, 2013 rated it really liked it
I couldn’t wait to read this book. It was the one I wanted to read the most out of the whole series. I loved Alex. It was a good story, but after reading the first two, it was pretty predictable. I still liked the book. I loved that Alex finally found someone who will love him and show him how it feels to be loved. He deserves it after everything he does for everyone in his life. Renee deserves it as well. After the childhood she had, she has a lot to overcome.
Shonnie
Apr 02, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle-book
Cliche

To me the story was too slow and seem to drag on at some parts. My issue is that a lot of authors must have mandatory word count. That would explain the drawn out scenarios that don't quite fit with the story.

Another thing was we didn't get introduced to the heroine until chapter 3. In which she also came with some baggage but that story was sporadically told.
Maree Repa
Jul 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I just loved these three book. mostly for the last one rescue me. It was such a beautiful romance story showing the different lives of Margot Holmes three sons. It showed all their strength & turmoil through their lives after the death of their loving father. I recommend these three books to anyone who loves romance & something who really loves a book with a good & special ending.
Lizzbetty
Oct 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
An upstanding man!!!!!

Alex was absolutely adorable. I enjoyed this story and smiled from ear to ear as Alex and Renee had to deal with their horrific past. I've been telling everyone about The Holmes Brothers Books. Minimal cursing, and just enough passion to make the point. I've enjoyed this ride. Thank you Farrah for letting me play in your world.
Lisa Survillas
May 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Love this one. Everyone's story comes to a conclusion. Truly enjoyed the closeness I this family. So very glad that Alex finally found someone to bring happiness back to his life. Seeing everyone happy made this story perfect.
Gwen Cannon-Jenkins
Dec 06, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I have read about all three of the Holmes boys and it was good but I knew what to expect. There wasn't any real drama except for the females having family issues of their own. It just seem to be the same thing for each book.
Shone
Oct 02, 2009 rated it really liked it
Life is stranger than fiction.
Lynn Driscoll
Sep 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Great read, loved the whole series.
Polly
Jun 28, 2013 rated it really liked it
Very nice series
Christiana
Apr 02, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: farrah-rochon
Love this story about Alex....
Sharyn
Aug 31, 2013 rated it really liked it
3.5-4
Victoria
Aug 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
loved this entire series!!!
Lialeh Blue
Nov 03, 2012
Sherell Burns
Jul 11, 2017

• Promises of Seduction: The Durango Affair\Ian's Ultimate Gamble
  • The Game of Seduction (Arrington Family #2)
  • Heated
  • Before the Fall (Broken Angel, #3)
  • The Stalker Chronicles (Pilar and Xavier #2)
  • Revenge (The Skulls, #8)
  • Surrounded by Temptation (Woods Family, #3)
  • Campaign for Seduction (Secrets and Lies, #3)
  • Killer Curves (Dangerous Curves #3)
  • Believe (Oni Fighters, #2)
  • A Christmas Affair
  • A Lover's Worth (The Ramseys, #5)
  • Lessons From A Younger Lover
  • Inevitable Seductions (Inevitable #2)
  • A Younger Man
A native of south Louisiana, Farrah Rochon officially began her writing career while waiting in between classes in the student lounge at Xavier University of Louisiana. After earning her Bachelors of Science degree and a Masters of Arts from Southeastern Louisiana University, Farrah decided to pursue her lifelong dream of becoming a published novelist. She was named Shades of Romance Magazine's Be ...more

Holmes Brothers (8 books)
  • Deliver Me (Holmes Brothers, #1)
  • Release Me (Holmes Brothers, #2)
  • Chase Me (The Holmes Brothers Book 4)
  • Trust Me (The Holmes Brothers Book 5)
  • Awaken Me