Start by marking “When He Doesn't Believe: Help and Encouragement for Women Who Feel Alone in Their Faith” as Want to Read:

3.88  ·  Rating details ·  43 Ratings  ·  6 Reviews
You Can Thrive–Not Just Survive–in An Unequally Yoked Marriage

Marriage is challenging, even under the best of circumstances. But for those of us whose husbands don’t believe or are not growing spiritually, marriage brings difficulties unlike those faced by other women of faith.

If you love a man who is not committed to Christ, you may feel frustrated, guilty, or anxious;
Published September 18th 2001 by WaterBrook

To ask other readers questions about When He Doesn't Believe, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about When He Doesn't Believe

J.E.
Jun 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I don't find many books on this subject out there. Most sources lean more towards separation or divorce, quickly placing perceived "happiness" over holiness and sacrificing both. While there were a few things I did disagree with, they were minor. The subject was addressed beautifully and most concerns were addressed. I really appreciated the good doctrine and the author's willingness for honesty and transparency.
Amie
I can't rate this book, because whilst it may be well-written & helpful to some, my own theological views are vastly different. I made it nearly half way through before I put it down, because the theological position she is coming from is so vastly different (and opposite) to mine that it was frustrating to me rather than helpful. I am in the Wesleyan-Arminian tradition, and an egalitarian on matters of marriage and women in ministry; the author is not. That doesn't make either of us 'right' ...more
Paula
Mar 07, 2008 rated it really liked it
This book was awesome. I would recommend it to any Christian married to a non-believing husband. It helped me to relax and enjoy my marriage without constantly trying to convert him. It is my responsibility to set a good example for him, but not to convert him. Only God converts. In his own time. Which is something else that it thought me. To pray and be still.
Debby Hunter
Jun 27, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I actually rated this book as I was reading it because it was excellent from the start. Thinking about presenting this as a small group study... Kennedy touches on every aspect of what it's like to live in this situation. I found myself giggling about how much I can relate to her thoughts, actions, bargaining prayers, etc. Extremely comforting read. Loved it.
Vikki SanSouci
Aug 07, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Helpful on changing the way I think about and treat my husband
Patricia
Jul 31, 2013 rated it it was amazing
A great encouragement! Not a checklist, but information.
Angel
Jun 18, 2012
Rachel
May 17, 2017
KR
rated it did not like it
Jan 31, 2012