Start by marking “Falling for You (Burlfriends, #2)” as Want to Read:
Falling for You (Burlfriends, #2)

Falling for You

(Burlfriends #2)

A year and a half after her husband’s death, Lina Miller is untethered and out of her element—the worst-case scenario for a rock-climbing chemist. But the pressure is on from her PhD advisor, and she’s quickly approaching the critical point when she must decide what’s next.

Her one rule? Career first, love second.

But rules have never stopped Asher Friedmann.

As a New York Ci
Kindle Edition
Published June 1st 2020 by Jen Trinh

To ask other readers questions about Falling for You, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Falling for You

Start your review of Falling for You (Burlfriends, #2)
May 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fiction, romance
I was thrilled to be given the opportunity to read an advanced copy of this novel in exchange for an honest review because I loved book 1 in the Burlfriends series so much (Crushing on You). TLDR; this book was amazing!

The characters had so many dimensions, the puns were wonderful, and the storylines were complex and interesting. One of my favorite things about stories by Jen Trinh is how the characters have to grow into themselves, become individuals who are more true to themselves, before the
Katherine Grant
May 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I received an advanced reader copy of this novel. I loved Book 1 and of course approached the sequel with some trepidation that it wouldn't live up to my very high expectations. Good news - Falling For You is awesome, and possibly better than book 1!

We met both Lina and Asher in Crushing On You. Lina is a little stand-offish, very competent, and very gorgeous. Asher is a laid back, trust-fund musician who just can't be bothered to do things like buy trash bags. Their chemistry is built on a mutu
PlotTrysts
Jun 09, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance-novels
This was our first book by indie author Jen Trinh, but it won't be our last. We enjoyed this relatively low-angst contemporary romance between two people who don't seem to know what they want out of life.

Asher is a musician who doesn't seem to be chasing fame or fortune (he's got a small local following and he's independently wealthy), and Lina is a 7th-year PhD student struggling to finish her dissertation (she's not sure but she thinks she may have lost whatever passion she once had for her s
NE
Jul 25, 2020 added it
Strong 3.5 stars

I liked this book a lot. This was a much stronger book than Crushing on You. I complained in my review of that book, that very little character development happened until the last 20% and I can confidently say that wasn't the case here. Yes, both characters grew a lot during the last 20% (that may just be Jen Trinh's style) but the seeds had been sown during the earlier part of the book. For example, Lina called Asher out on his man-childishness in the first few chapters and he
Victoria Sterling
Aug 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Stay at home, and read this book.

I’m not typically a romance reader, which is why I find the Burlfriends series so modern and refreshing. In Falling for You, it’s a story easy to get lost in, full of clever puns, as the chemistry between Lina and Asher feels very real (and hot).

I was intrigued from the beginning. It’s believable that Lina and Asher are not the right fit on paper. Lina’s character is relatable and alluring, even as she tries to build walls and set clear boundaries. Later, it’s A
Ember
Jun 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
*I received a free advanced copy of this book in exchange for an honest review*

Jen Trinh really comes into her own as an author with her second release. Crushing on You, the first book in this series, was thoroughly entertaining and a good read. But Falling for You is on a whole different tier. Everything is more polished, more poignant, and more heart-wrenchingly addictive in this second volume!

One subtle but important difference between the two volumes is that the main characters in Falling fo
Fannie Watkinson
May 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I was fortunate to receive an advanced copy of Falling For You and holy smokes was this an incredibly, punny, unexpected plot-twist-filled treat of a sequel to Crushing On You. The main characters are a few that we met in the first book - Lina, climber/grad student/friend to Anna & Ian, and Asher, NYC musician/ex of Anna - and they spring to life in another romantic climbing read.

Many sequels fall short of the original but author Jen Trinh somehow manages to deliver a fresh read and plot line a
Audrey
Oct 07, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Really enjoyed this and I really wish this author gets a wider readership. I enjoyed this one almost as her first, Crushing on You. I loved that one, and the two people in it, Anna and Ian. Here, Nina and Asher are now the focus. Nina was fantastic in her focus and self awareness of her wants and need. Asher, well, like in the first book, he's a man child, who hasn't had to grow up. Nina is honest and Asher, takes advice to heart. I personally, have a harder time with the man child trope but the ...more
S
Sep 18, 2020 rated it really liked it
After struggling to be in the mood to read this book - ugh, Asher left a horrible impression after Crushing on You, I'm glad I finally pushed through the beginning.

Asher and Lina seemed so much more developed as characters than Ian and Anna. The story more nuanced. It gives you all the feels, yet there's still some light heartedness. I'm going to say that I prefer Crushing on You.

Plus to Lina being half Cambodian. Do not see enough Cambodian representation in books (like the author, I identify
Jaiden Mercury
Jun 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
As always, Jen has awesome plot twists, interesting characters, and steamy scenes. This book is a little slower paced than the typical romance, which really lets you get into the characters and the relationship unfolds in a realistic yet engaging manner. Love that we get to learn more about the characters we found so intriguing from her first book!
Jen Trinh
May 22, 2020 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Dearest reader,

Welcome to the Pun Show.

Inside this book, you'll find:
- flirtatious rock climbing
- relatable career angst
- tastefully steamy sex
- DRAMA
- and puns and tons of humor.

It was so much fun to write, the perfect escape from our current reality of isolation and frozen pizzas. I hope you'll feel the same way!

Jen
is currently reading it
Kara
Jessica
Jun 09, 2020

• The Duke Who Didn't (Wedgeford Trials, #1)
  • Ties That Tether
  • Running
  • Dating Makes Perfect
  • Snapped (Playbook, #4)
  • The Secret French Recipes of Sophie Valroux
  • Well Played (Well Met, #2)
  • His Bride for the Taking
  • Crazy Stupid Bromance (Bromance Book Club, #3)
  • Accidentally Engaged
  • Tools of Engagement (Hot & Hammered, #3)
  • The Bone Shard Daughter (The Drowning Empire, #1)
  • Gideon the Ninth (The Locked Tomb #1)
  • The Roommate
  • In a Holidaze
  • Last Tang Standing
  • How to Rescue a Rake (Book Club Belles Society, #3)
  • Beauty and the Blacksmith  (Spindle Cove, #3.5)
Jen writes funny, heartfelt contemporary romances with diverse Asian American characters. Her debut novel, Crushing on You, is a finalist in two categories of the 2020 NJRW Golden Leaf contest.

She lives in Silicon Valley, where she soaks up the sun and photosynthesizes to power her writing. Or maybe it's all the coffee.

Burlfriends (2 books)
  • Crushing on You (Burlfriends, #1)