Start by marking “Safe (In Midsummer, #5)” as Want to Read:
Safe (In Midsummer, #5)

Safe

(In Midsummer #5)

One big day. One missing groom. One answer. One life-changing event. One life-threatening disaster. Multiple targets.

Conner:
I never pictured myself getting married, but then I met Rocky and knew I found my perfect match. So, why are so many people determined to ruin our happiness? Why can’t we just have some peace and quiet? And why has Rocky disappeared on our wedding d
Published January 8th 2021

To ask other readers questions about Safe, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Safe

Start your review of Safe (In Midsummer, #5)
Carol [Goodreads Addict]
Dec 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: m-m

Safe is the fifth book in the In Midsummer series by Jessica Frances. While there will be two more books in this series on two of the side characters, this is the last book in Conner and Rocky’s journey. Although I am assured we will get some glimpses of these two in the two future books. This is such a bittersweet moment for me. I have become so attached to these two. While I am excited for them to get their forever happy ending, I just can’t imagine not having Conner and Rocky in my life.

Conn
~lil maso~
Jan 18, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I so loved being back in Midsummer with my absolute favorite couple Connor and Rocky!!!

Their love is so pure and it absolutely shines through in the way they deal with everything that the sleepy - not so sleepy town of Midsummer throws at them!

A wedding and another mystery to solve, will they make it to their happily ever after, or will someone try and destroy their future.

Such a sweet, loveable story with some scary, heart-stopping scenes that will keep you glued to your kindle to see how this
Lori R.
Dec 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mm
I LOVED THIS SO MUCH!! Pure perfection.

BITTERSWEET: adjective • both pleasant and painful.

That’s exactly what this book was.

Although, pleasant is really an understatement. It was more like...outstanding, beautiful, fulfilling, fan-fucking-tastic.

The anticipation of this book had me on pins and needles. I needed this story, craved the words, HAD TO have them. Yet I didn’t want them...because that would mean it will end. *sobs* (This is the ‘painful’ part) The struggle is real!

But that didn’t s
My Own Bookshelves
Let me start off with an overall review of the series before I jump into the conclusion:
Now that it's complete, time to download all five books and have a bit of a binge session this weekend. Rocky and Conner's story is filled with all the romantic goodness we want in our HEA's combined with a bit of mystery and suspense for each volume. Conner is the ying to Rocky's yang that neither was looking for. They fit so perfectly together in this opposites-attract love story.
But I think the unsung ch
Louise  O
Dec 29, 2020 rated it really liked it
Safe is book 5 in the ‘In Midsummer’ series, Rocky and Conner have come along way in their relationship and they are finally getting their happily ever after; but it wouldn’t be their story if there wasn’t some drama along the way.

Planning their wedding should be fun, but when the mayor has turned it bigger than ben hur they made their own plans. When they encounter a small group of people that don’t believe their marriage should not take place, they feel the betrayal close to home. When the ev
Jerri
Dec 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Our boys are finally married. Whew! That’s not to say it was easy getting there. Connor and Rocky are so sweet together. I love the way the family came together, how Connor quickly became such a great father. Rocky was a great example.
I have to admit that I did not see one of the plot twists coming.
I can picture Midsummer and it’s residents. There are such wonderful characters. This is a great series, I’ve enjoyed it thoroughly.
Cathy Brockman
I've loved this series from the first chapter of book one. It has everything you could want in a MMreviews romance. Mystery(small town cozy), humor, lots of action, good plots, interesting storylines, cute kids, and hot m/m sex. Each book is complete but you do need to read in order. The characters are all amazing you can't help but love each and everyone. I was sad to see the series end but wasn't disappointed in the least. Actually was quite shocked at the twists. I can't wait for Henry's Stor ...more
C&D Editing
May 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Great ending to the series. So full of suspense! It was like the accumulation of everything I feared played out in this book to a level I did not expect. Totally Team Rocky and Conner!
Amy Dufera - Amy's MM Romance Reviews
Jan 10, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mm
4.5 Stars

Safe, the fifth book in the In Midsummer series, is a delightful addition to this sweet series.

This time around we have a wedding, crazy antics, and more danger. Friendships are tested and relationships are mended, as the fun continues.

And best of all though, is the continued instance by Love that the town is actually a dull place. Couldn't stop laughing at that part.

The writing continues to impress, with a fast paced storyline and plenty of emotion. The twists and turns are ever pres
Ginger  Snaps
Jan 21, 2021 rated it it was amazing
An explosive ending

Of course this would not be a Conner and Rocky story set in Midsummer without some explosive revelations before they can get on with their HEA lol. It’s no fun when you read even little spoilers in such a twist filled storyline so I definitely recommend you read the whole series going in blind knowing it’ll be full of shock, humor, steaminess, and of plenty of heartfelt moments ♥️
Jenn
Jan 21, 2021 rated it it was amazing
It's no secret that I'm pretty much obsessed with this series and this is an absolutely wonderful addition! I so love Rocky and Conner and have been waiting for this moment with them since the very first book. This is book 5 in the series and it's time for Rocky and Conner to get married! Jessica Frances has done such a fantastic job creating the Midsummer world, I really feel like I know these people and am a part of that world!

So, in this book Rocky and Conner are thrust into crazy wedding pl
Mari  Cardenas
4 Stars!

This is book 5 in the In Midsummer series and it needs to be read in order. So, if you haven't read the previous 4 books, turn away now because there are going to be spoilers.

Rocky and Conner are trying to survive Major Fuller planning their wedding, which seems to be getting more out of control every time they turn while dealing with some people trying to spoil what should be one of the happiest days in their lives.

I continue to adore Conner and I've grown to really like Rocky—especiall
Natalie Miernicki
Jan 17, 2021 rated it it was amazing

I so loved being back in Midsummer with my absolute favourite couple Connor and Rocky!!! Their love is so pure and it absolutely shines through in the way they deal with everything that the sleepy... not so sleepy town of Midsummer throws at them! A wedding and another mystery to solve, will they make it to their happily ever after or will someone try and destroy their future. Such a sweet, loveable story with some scary, heart stopping scenes that will keep you glued to your kindle to see h
Christina Wade - BFD Book Blog
Jan 10, 2021 rated it really liked it
This book picks up where the last one left off so it’s definitely not a standalone.

I was a little bit worried because of the teaser in the synopsis…I thought maybe we were going to have more relationship angst. We didn’t. I actually love what Connor and Rocky do in this story to solidify their relationship (and I was a bit surprised too).

We finally get an answer about Tyson’s bitterness toward Connor; and some resolution with Randy (aka Deputy D!ckhead). I don’t want to reveal information abou
R
Jan 08, 2021 rated it really liked it
Rocky and Connor are passengers on the crazy train to a Midsummer wedding. Feeling like they are just along for the ride has them overwhelmed. The mayor has taken over the asylum and the whole town (haters included) will be there to witness the nuptials. Let the chaos ensue.

Imaginative writing and captivating characters have been a highlight of this series. It also doesn’t hurt that the lead characters have a great, steamy chemistry together. The book(s) have always had family and its center, wh
Brittney Hooker
Jan 17, 2021 rated it it was amazing
This was such a wonderful way to wrap up Conner and Rockys story! Not only did it have the same punch and intensity of all the other mysteries, but also managed to deliver tidy endings for all major characters in one way or another! The emotions expressed were so warranted given what this couple and town jave endured, and i wish i could set up shop their myself and enjoy a meal with all of these great characters. Rocky and Conner have one of the most earned HEA's and it makes my heart flutter wi ...more
Christine Woinich
Jan 10, 2021 rated it really liked it
The saga of Rocky and Conner continued. I have enjoyed the series to this point and really enjoyed this one as well. There were moments of hate, danger, and violence, but the love between these two men made the journey worthwhile. Jessica Frances kept the town alive and interesting throughout the books. There were many secondary characters that I hope find their own HEA. I recommend the entire series and look forward to more from this author.

I received a copy of this book through Enticing Journe
Beverly Southern Babes Book Blog
So the wedding of the century. Maybe. Rocky and Conner have had one hell of a ride. They have been through so much to get to this point.

While their story is a crazy one, they sure love each other enough to enjoy it. Between crazy friends and family and a town that is just as crazy, they still keep it together. Rocky and Conner go through so much chaos I’m amazed they are still a little sane. But it was sweet to see them prove to everyone that no matter what they are a team and nothing is going
Viki /LostForReal/
Jan 14, 2021 rated it really liked it
Shelves: detective, rommance
Who's surprised I finished this book around midnight? Not me.

Who wished it didn't have to crashed over by my supposed studying for my exam (and the resulting guilt for not studying that much at all)? Yes, that's me. (Though I passed the exam so...)

Who is surprised by what happened and who did that bad, bad thing? Not me.

And who feels like writing anything after commenting on the first book and making it to the last (current) book in the series? Yes, me.

Recommend.

Sandra
Jan 08, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Holy smokes!

Wow this book has a lot going on! It is quite the emotional roller coaster with the lows of some truths revealed and the highs of true love, family and friendship. The bonus chapter at the end is the highest of the high! I loved Rocky and Connor’s journey and look forward to seeing more of the other characters in the next books.
Danna Iuliana
Jan 11, 2021 rated it really liked it
4.5 I enjoyed this final installment more than the previous one which was a bit boring. This was greatly fun, it had a little bit of everything and I loved the 8years after epilog.
Shirin Rasheed
Jan 22, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Jessica Frances is sweet and soulful. I love reading them especially her mm Romance. Connor and Rocky has become mu favorite characters. They both are so good for each other.

I Highly Recommend this story to all Readers.
KathyAnn Walters
Jan 22, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Awesome story! Love this series. Well done Ms. Frances!
Johnna
Jan 12, 2021 rated it did not like it
This book is laughably ridiculous, but I keep reading this series because I love Rocky and Conner.
Mareike
Jan 10, 2021
Joa
Jan 08, 2021

• Ranger
  • Bad Habits (Wages of Sin #1)
  • A Nothing Special New Year (Nothing Special #7.5)
  • Play Dirty (Wages of Sin #2)
  • Forget Me Not
  • Jingle Bell Rock
  • Watch Me
  • Raising the Ante (The Kings: Wild Cards #2)
  • Demons Do It Better (Hidden Species #1)
  • Pretty Boy (Perfect Boys #1)
  • Leo (Vigilance, #3)
  • Tic-Tac-Mistletoe
  • Breath (Scales 'N' Spells #2)
  • Mr. Perfect (Sinister in Savannah, #2)
  • Flakes (Licking Thicket, #0.5)
  • One Bite With a Vampire (Hidden Species #2)
  • Wish (Scales 'n' Spells #2.5)
  • Thorned Heart
Reader. Author. Book Hoarder.

Feel free to add me as a friend on here or email me if you have any questions: jessicafrances_author@yahoo.com.au

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/JessicaFranc...

Instagram:

In Midsummer (7 books)
  • Stranded (In Midsummer, #1)
  • Separated (In Midsummer, #2)
  • Stay (In Midsummer, #3)
  • Secrets (In Midsummer, #4)
  • Protecting Prince (In Midsummer, #6)
  • Loving Love (In Midsummer, #7)

News & Interviews