Start by marking “Where There's Smoke (Sugar Mountain #2)” as Want to Read:
Where There's Smoke (Sugar Mountain #2)

Where There's Smoke

(Sugar Mountain #2)

A picturesque mountain town, sparks of romance, a threatening mystery, and a secret society of devious women…

“Wonderful characters, a real mix of women with varied strength and foibles” -Goodreads review 5 stars

“I loved the first book in the Sugar Mountain series so I was really second to read the second installment and get back to investigating with the Sugar Mountain Lad
Kindle Edition, 1
Published May 16th 2020 by Augustine Press

To ask other readers questions about Where There's Smoke, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Where There's Smoke

Start your review of Where There's Smoke (Sugar Mountain #2)
Elizabeth
May 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed this even more than the first book in the series! Love seeing the characters develop more and the mystery on this one picked up some intensity. Plus who doesn’t love a firefighter! Great read!
MoreTea
May 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I have read the first installment of this series, Sugar Mountain, and thoroughly enjoyed it! This addition follows the same secret society working together to solve crimes and mysteries in order to protect their beautiful town but with a new lead. Sarah has a mission to keep her charges safe but faces opposition where she least expects, this leads to death threats and Sarah enlisting the help of her faithful friends to figure out who is behind said threats and to succeed in her quest to improve ...more
Katia123
Jun 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I bought this book for vacation but ending up reading it at home; the book really lifted my spirits and was a great way to spend a few days non the less. I was enthralled with the characters and the story line but I already knew I would be because I'd previously read the first instalment of the Sugar Mountain series. This one is just as fantastic and mysterious. I'm hoping to read the other series by this author too.
Mary Ritchey
Aug 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great story!

I love the characters! This story is moving and set at a good pace. I also enjoyed the settings in the story(I live in N.C.) Now I can't wait to read the rest of this series.
Ellen M. Reed
Aug 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent!!

I really enjoyed this story and was able to relate to every character on some level! Felt like part of the family!
Meehlticket
Aug 12, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
What a darling tale. I want to visit Sugar Mountain!

Wonderful characters, a real mix of women, with varied strength and foibles. Captivating plot. Very enjoyable story. I will be reading her books again.
CarolJ
Aug 03, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
When is the next book?

I so enjoyed this book and this writer, and look forward to maybe another book in this series??? The Ladies Historical Society had been lots of fun to read about it and get to know over these two books.
Ginny
Sep 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great Mystery and Loved A!I The Historical So ciety Ladies

I just really enjoyed the book and all the wel!_rounded characters!
It had romance thriller and cliffhanger all in one!
Darlene Moody
Oct 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Where’s there smoke

It was a wonderful read. It was very heart warming, interesting and educational. I could not put it down because I was afraid I would miss something. This is an excellent author that wrote this book. I would definitely recommend it to anyone who likes to read.
Bluebird
Sep 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Kirsten Fullmer has created the most perfect and picturesque small town that would be a dream to inhabit. The characters are fantastic and in particular the members of the Sugar Mountain Ladies Historical Society, that equally contrast and compliment each other. A theme I am especially fond of is the strong women that Kirsten depicts in her books. The plot itself was very entertaining; the mystery plays out nicely and smoothly with a brewing romance and plenty of lightheartedness thrown in for g ...more
Sandra Brown
Jun 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent read!

I love the story line in this series. It usually makes me a little emotional, but that good for my soul. I'm sure if you give it a chance you'll love it. These books can also be read apart from each other. The cast of characters will steal your heart!
Lynn Estep
Oct 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Where There's Smoke (Sugar Mountain Book 2)

The ladies of the Sugar Mountain Historical Society take on the Town Council - and do it in drag! Once again, they leave us highly entertained as they deal with one catastrophe after another. Hilarious! Recommended for anyone who likes a good, clean RomCom! This book is sure to leave you with a smile on your face.
Terri Willburn
Aug 14, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Nice clean book

The book was kind of hard to get into but it turned out to be a good book will a little twist at the end.
Pegboard
Sep 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Where There’s Smoke by Kirsten Fullmer is a fun read that shows the adventures of the Sugar Mountain Ladies Historical Society. One of their newer members, Sarah, stirs up trouble when she pushes for more firefighters in her growing community. She is a dedicated kindergarten teacher who wishes to keep her students safe. She wonders if she pushed too hard when she receives threatening letters. The ladies historical society come into action, they don’t take kindly with someone messing with one of ...more
Katie
Oct 10, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Interesting and Entertaining

This book has several lessons to teach about facing fear, accepting help and appreciating friendship. As a plus, there is a sweet, tender romance. Enjoy!
Fisher
Jul 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I loved the first book in the Sugar Mountain series so I was really second to read the second installment and get back to investigating with the Sugar Mountain Ladies Historical Society. For their latest mystery, the ladies are investigating a series of threatening notes send to a school teacher, Sarah after she starts campaigning for an expansion of the fire department. It's not all bad for Sarah as there is a new romance blossoming for her with the handsome fireman Hugh, but will she be able t ...more
Coconuts
Sep 14, 2020 rated it really liked it
Such a fun, entertaining mystery. Where There's Smoke has it all! The plot was seamless and delightful, and the characters were marvelous with their individual quirks and unique personalities that intertwined to create drama and humor. Romance like every good mystery should have and plenty of twists and turns to keep you guessing. I especially like the picturesque town and thought it was beautifully described.
Sara
Sep 26, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Nice Story

I like reading about strong women. As most women are very strong. My one problem with the two books in this series is minor. More of a pet peeve of mine. The author needs to decide how one character 's name is spelled and stick to that spelling.
Sunshine_45
Oct 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Cozy mysteries are by far my favorite book genre and Kirsten Fullmer knows how to write a great one. This is the second instalment of this series and it's kept the same theme, location and characters while still feeling like a unique book, so you could read them all or just the ones that are most interesting to you (although, I'd highly recommend reading them all). The plot itself is exciting and flows well, with some essential romance too. Just brilliant!
Danny Alderson
Aug 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Where there's smoke!

Sarah, a kindergarten school teacher, and Hugh, a fireman, have their work cut out for them for their relationship to work. Between Sarah's fear of fires due to a childhood trauma, threatening letters, and Hugh's enormous work load, it might take a miracle.
Trudy
Sep 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good book to read

I couldn't put this book down. I kept trying to think of who could it be. I loved how he helped her .
Jeanie Womack
Nov 08, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Terror

Having experienced her family's house burning to the ground around her as a five year old, Sarah still lives with the panic attacks that have been a very real part of her life
Margaret Stevens
Oct 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This second book in the series has all the good things from the first book plus a rousing good story with a bit of mystery mixed in. One of the ladies from the Historical Society finds herself being stalked. She is a kindergarten teacher, well loved by her students and well liked by the other members of the Historical Society. So well liked that the Society takes it on itself to shadow her to find out who is responsible. There is also a new romantic interest, one that our girl isn't sure she wil ...more
Buttercup
Nov 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
Where There's Smoke is a great cozy thriller. The plot is exciting and different and keeps a good pace through the book. The characters are brilliant and I felt an affiliation to all of them, I found them to be very well developed and likeable. The Ladies Historical Society was a great invention for solving the towns mysteries.
Sandra Lopez
Nov 23, 2020 rated it liked it
When Kindergarten teacher, Sarah, receives a threatening note, the Sugar Mountain Ladies Historical Society are on the case. Could it have anything to do with the shortage of fire fighters in town?

Comprised of women around town that work various jobs, the ladies society acts as an underground espionage group—very top secret and very interesting! Occasionally, you get some babbling at the meetings and sometimes there were a few too many ladies to keep track of.

The narrative is pretty nice and eas
Monica Reents
Jul 07, 2020 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Mystery fans!
I received an ecopy of this book in exchange for an honest review. Thank you.

I enjoyed the plot of this story as the writing carried me swiftly through the book. I thought the characters were perfectly developed for this story line and found myself caring about each of them. The mystery was strongly written and held my interest until the end, leaving me ready for the next book!
I think this is a great weekend, vacation, beach, road trip, anytime read!

Coco.V
Aug 14, 2020 is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
EReaderNews
Pat Allen
Fire department

I found this story to be a silly. Some parts had validity, such as the teacher who loved her kindergarten children, and asked someone from the fire department to explain what to do and what not to do if a fire occurred in their home. She, Sarah, was traumatised at five when that happened in her family.
Other parts of the story were just plain silly. The fire chief was devoted to his station, but flipped and started sticking notes under the teacher's car windscreen wiper and threate
Christine Hayes
Oct 11, 2020 rated it liked it
was good.

• The Mission Inn-possible Cozy Mysteries Box Set: Books 1-3
  • Two Bites Too Many (Sarah Blair Mystery #2)
  • Panic at the Pier (Whodunit Pet Mystery #1)
  • Chaos in Little Leaf Creek (Little Leaf Creek, #1)
  • Freaky Seas (A Mystic Caravan Mystery, #10)
  • The Devil Drinks Coffee (A Kate Saxee Mystery, #1)
  • At Wits' End (Doyle / Wits' End Book 1)
  • Chicken Scratch (The Sisters, Texas #1)
  • Chocolate Cream Pie Murder (Hannah Swensen #24)
  • Witch Is When It All Began (A Witch P.I. Mystery, #1)
  • An American Princess: The Many Lives of Allene Tew
  • The Body Keeps the Score: Brain, Mind, and Body in the Healing of Trauma
  • Catch-22 (Catch-22, #1)
  • The Mustachioed Woman of Shanghai
  • I'm Fine and Neither Are You
  • A Song of Ice and Fire (A Song of Ice and Fire, #1-5)
  • The Divine Comedy
  • The Interpretation of Dreams
Kirsten is a writer with a love of art and design. She worked in the engineering field, taught college, and consulted free lance. Due to health problems, she retired in 2012 to travel with her husband. They live and work full time in a 40' travel trailer with their little dog Bingo. Besides writing romance novels, she enjoys selling art on Etsy and spoiling their three grandchildren.

As a writer,

Sugar Mountain (3 books)
  • Trouble on Main Street (Sugar Mountain #1)
  • Shadows in the Salon (Sugar Mountain #3)

News & Interviews