Start by marking “Blood of the True Believer (The Hole in the World, #2)” as Want to Read:
Blood of the True Believer (The Hole in the World, #2)

Blood of the True Believer (The Hole in the World, #2)

Only a couple of years after rescuing the unicorn Yelena and defeating the Adept Evan, Kahrin and Innes navigate their lives as new adults.

That’s no small feat under the best of circumstances. Balancing college and blossoming social lives in separate towns, their friendship remains strong as ever even as it deepens in new and confusing ways.

Innes tries not to judge Kahrin
Published August 15th 2020 by Atmosphere Press

To ask other readers questions about Blood of the True Believer, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Blood of the True Believer

Start your review of Blood of the True Believer (The Hole in the World, #2)
Mar 14, 2021 rated it it was amazing
A wonderful sequel to The Hole in The World and I loved getting to know more of Kahrin and Innes.

A couple of years have passed and they are a little older, living apart and struggling with college and new dating partners, away from each other. And yet, their friendship remains strong as ever and even deepens in new and confusing ways.
While they both try to NOT judge the other's questionable dating choices or overly friendly neighbors, Kahrin starts to suspect Innes may be in trouble. Because hi
Samantha
Feb 03, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2021-popsugar-rc
Thank you to Brandann Hill-Mann for a free copy of this book in exchange for an honest review. All thoughts and opinions expressed in this review are my own.

When I read the first book, The Hole In The World, I ended up giving it 3 moons so I was kind of expecting the same thing with this book. Oh boy was I wrong in the best way!! I freaking LOVED this book! Blood of the True Believer is the type of book that makes you want to hide away so you can relish it in peace. It's the type of story that h
Jessica Mongeau
Aug 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: anyone who likes modern fantasy
I really loved this book. It was a fantastic second installment, that could easily stand on it's own.
It completely sucked me in, and thus was very hard to put down. The relationship between the two main characters is fun while also being comforting. I really enjoy how the author describes things sometimes, as it paints a picture in my head that feels so clear I have no doubt about what she is trying to convey, yet she is never overly descriptive (a trend in a lot of fantasy books I don't enjoy)
Imogen Cassidy
Aug 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A fantastic follow up to The Hole in the World. It was refreshing and lovely to return to Innes and Kahrin. Hill-Mann has aged up her protagonists a little without letting them lose the charm they had in the first installment of the series. Kahrin is a delightful mess, headstrong, confident and unmistakably PRESENT in this book as she was in the last and Innes' is a great counterpoint.

Hill-Mann also manages to paint a fascinating world of half-familiar magics coexisting in the most regular and n
Beezelbubbles
Aug 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I received the ARC for this one, but all of the opinions are 100% my own.
I love this return to Kahrin and Innes's world. They've moved from the world of high school to adulthood, and of course know now that they live in a world of magic. They're navigating so many changes and learning more about these new worlds, and they're doing it together. And oh that ending. I won't say more but I'm excited and a little scared for what is to come.
Brianna Link
Oct 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Thoroughly enjoyed book 2. It's definitely caught my attention onto a whole new genre of books. I'm impatiently waiting for book 3. ...more
Adrienne
Jul 28, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, fiction, magic, 2020
I was provided an arc of Blood of the True Believer in exchange for the opportunity to leave an honest review, and devoured both it and its predecessor The Hole in the World over an extended-weekend camping trip--which, if polishing them both off in less than a week doesn't make it obvious (more obvious if you happen to know I have an energetic 6mo baby and recently returned to work full-time), I really enjoyed them!

BTB picks up three years past where HitW leaves off, and follows a similar form
Ryann
Aug 06, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Note: I was provided an ARC of "Blood of the True Believer" in an exchange for an honest review. Fortunately (or unfortunately?) I am incapable of providing any other kind of review.

This is the second installment in Brandann Hill-Mann's Hole in the World series and, like any good continuation, it felt like I hadn't left the characters for very long once I picked up this book. It's been a couple of years since Kahrin and Innes discovered that magic was real, actually, and saved an actual unicorn
Stephanie Keesey-Phelan
Nov 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
I was excited to dive back into the world of Innes and Kahrin after reading the first book in the series last year and I was not disappointed. I really loved the continued exploration of how friendships can intersect and overlap with relationships and sexuality. In book two I was rooting for Innes and Kahrin once again. I was interested that neither of them seemed to be particularly threatened by the other's romantic partners throughout the series and found myself with questions about what the f ...more
Dawn Archey
Aug 31, 2020 rated it really liked it
This book was a lot of fun to read. The characters were delightful. This book really develops them well from where we left them after book one. My favorite quote was, “If you can’t have fun during sex with your best friend, what was the point?” (I’m paraphrasing, it was something like that.)

The magical elements are very organically woven into the story, which makes them easy to believe.

I’m looking forward to the next book in the series.
C.L.
Aug 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
I got an ARC of Brandann Hill-Mann’s Blood of a True Believer for an honest review. She is a fabulous writer. Her characters are wonderfully written. The action, the dialogue, the mannerisms are on point, so when diving back into Innes’s and Kahrin’s worlds after A Hole in the World, I was looking forward to seeing what new scrap they would get themselves into and out of. Blood of a True Believer offered that fun and witty story (which I think is a Mann-Hill trademark).

Besides the overt confl
Aug 03, 2020
Mia Heintzelman
Dec 10, 2020
Brandann Hill-Mann
Dec 14, 2020 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Rose
Dec 23, 2020
Jackie
Jan 20, 2021

• The Stories Stars Tell
  • The Physick Book of Deliverance Dane (The Physick Book, #1)
  • Magic Lessons (Practical Magic, #0.1)
  • The Inheritance Games (The Inheritance Games, #1)
  • Kurt's Honour (The Brotherhood, #1)
  • Secrets (Dirty Laundry #4)
  • Transformation (Rai-Kirah, #1)
  • A Beary Little Christmas (Tirza's Christmas Tales Book 3)
  • Life Interrupted
  • Mastering Morgan
  • Witch's Sorrow (Alice Skye #1)
  • All the Tides of Fate (All the Stars and Teeth, #2)
  • Frozen: The Junior Novelization
  • The Smoke Tree (Broken Branches)
  • Destined to Run (A Shifting Society, #2)
  • Music of the Night (Tower Knights #1)
  • A Boy from the Streets
  • The House in the Cerulean Sea
Brandann R. Hill-Mann is an Ojibwe speculative fiction author, playwright, podcaster, puppeteer, stage manager, and U.S. Navy Veteran from Sault Ste. Marie, MI.

Her work has appeared in Anathema: Spec from the Margins and Page and Spine. In addition to writing, Brandann is part of the weekly Bi Bi Bi Podcast. Her debut novel, The Hole in the World was released by Atmosphere Press 01st October, 201

News & Interviews