Start by marking “Bad News” as Want to Read:
Bad News

Bad News

Is it true love, or is he just bad news?

Jack Galloway is an award-winning journalist, a star at The Examiner, and he’s got the chiseled jaw and deep blue eyes that light me on fire.

Oh, and I hate his arrogant guts.

He told my boss that I can’t hack it as a reporter. He actually said it was a mistake to hire me. But I just landed a scandalous story that will launch my caree
Published May 22nd 2020 by Fast Turtle Press

To ask other readers questions about Bad News, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bad News

Start your review of Bad News
Valeen Robertson (Live Thru Books Blog)

Amazon | Amazon Worldwide

When Linden and Jack are paired together for a work assignment, it's with the understanding that whatever relationship they have to fake, it's just that - FAKE. Except feelings (lust, like, sparks) are catching fire and neither Linden nor Jack can quite wrap their heads around whatever is going on.

For her part, Linden knows that she's never been able to balance her job with a relationship, her job always suffers for the relationship. So she's not about to blow her fi
Amy Dickinson
May 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Overall Grade: ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ 1/2

This review will be a bit different than my other reviews because to fully understand the reason why you should read Stacy Travis’s Bad News it resides in her growth as a writer between her first book, French Kiss, and her newest book. I know people might say that that shouldn’t be a criterion for reading a book, but if you’re like me, you look at other reviews of books by the author to make a determination about choice. It is really only a small picture of why you sho
Sylviane BM
May 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Bad News est le 2ème roman de Stacy que je lis et je ne savais pas trop à quoi m'attendre. J'avoue je n'avais pas trop bien compris le résumé en anglais.

Donc l'histoire en fait est toute simple: 2 journalistes, un confirmé Jack, et une nouvelle Linden.

Jack pense qu'elle ne prend pas au sérieux son travail de journaliste, qu'elle n'est pas assez impliquée car elle a laissé une bonne occasion d'avoir un bon sujet. Mais Linden sait qu'elle est faite pour ce job, donc lorsqu'elle reçoit un coup de f
Kari Hansen
May 24, 2020 rated it really liked it
Linden is trying to make a name for herself as an investigative reporter so when she has the inside track for a story that will make everyone sit up and notice she will do whatever is necessary for that to happen if it means working for the one man she dislikes the most.

Jack is a reporter whose reputation speaks for itself. The last thing he wants is to work with an unproven reporter but when they are required to spend the weekend together he may just change his mind.

Linden and Jack are two riva
Camille
May 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The Book Lover
May 21, 2020 rated it really liked it
This was a good hate to lovers story, I really liked it and I read it in one sitting!
Kelly
May 19, 2020 rated it liked it
Actual rating is 2.5 stars.

Linden is a reporter for the Examiner who is still trying to make a big name for herself. Jack is the seasoned reporter who works next to Linden and is very focused on his career. When Linden gets a call at the newspaper and ends up interviewing a person she finds a huge story that could help make her career. The only problem is that is falls under Jacks "beat". Now the two are forced to work together when they don't get along.

Honestly I did not care for Linden one bit
Laurie
May 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
"Bad News" by Stacy Travis was a fast-paced workplace romance, featuring likeable main characters who must fake a relationship in order to investigate a big story for the newspaper where they both work. I'm a fan of workplace romances in general and thought this one was particularly well-crafted, with a fun enemies-to-lovers vibe and lots of witty banter as the relationship between lead characters Linden Sandoval and Jack Galloway slowly evolved into a real romance.

Linden and Jack had a lot of m
Nikki Swope
May 24, 2020 rated it really liked it
So I have to say this is the 2nd book I’ve read by Stacy Travis (subsequently I do believe it is her second book as well) I liked French Kiss a lot. It was a good friend to lovers and slow burn much like Bad News. I like a slow burn because you really get the chance to get a feel for the relationship (much like in real life)

Unlike French Kiss, Bad News is an enemies to lovers although it is evident that there is a lot of chemistry between Jack and Linden from the start. Chemistry but also rival
Jennifer Pierson
May 26, 2020 rated it really liked it
Bad News is an enemy to lovers kind of book, and boy did the MCs have some serious chemistry. It's so potent, that it won't be denied for very long, though they're opponents. Linden has found a potential story that is part of Jack's beat, so they're tasked to do it together. He's a bit arrogant since he's the award winning journalist, so that was a sore point for me, but you already know that office politics can be ugly. As they work together researching this big story, they start to see each ot ...more
Erin Lewis
4 star Review Bad News by Stacy Travis
Stacy Travis is a relatively new author to me and I found Bad News to be well written and entertaining.

Initially I wasn’t overly keen on Jack Galloway, he seemed just a little too judgemental and arrogant, but Ms.Travis managed to change my mind and I was soon captivated by him. Whilst Linden Sandoval frustrated me at times, I liked and admired her determination to get on as a reporter.

Can two work colleagues who don’t get on come together to work on an ass
Emma Fisk
If you're looking for a slow burn romance this is it.. This isn't a normal type of office romance book, where there's a hot boss and his new receptionist. No jake not Lianen's boss he's her a co worker. Don't get me wrong Jack is arrogant D**K of a co working but only in the beginning. Linden kept me entertained all the way through, I love it when I laugh reading romance sometime it's nice for a story to not be so intense.
There is one thing I needed more of from this book ands it was Jake, I ne
Natasha
May 27, 2020 rated it really liked it
3.5* read.
Jack and Linden are to rivals who are forced to work together. An enemies to lovers slow burn romance this was a good read. A bit to slow for my liking so it took me a bit longer to get into the book then normal. I also felt like I needed to know more about Jake as a character and then maybe I would have connected to him more and the story. I didn't hate him but I didn't love him either.
That been said it is a well wrote book and an enjoyable read. I will be reading more from this auth
K.A. Lightle
May 23, 2020 rated it really liked it
it took a bit to get into this story but after a while you get right into it and don't realize how far you've read. I like the idea of an office romance But on a different level. You read them and it's all behind the desk hotter than sin business man but this one is done in the news room of a leading paper. But don't let that stop you from reading it you are going to love the fiery red head that marched the hotter than sin lead reporter.

This one is worth the slow build up to what comes out as a
Pauline
May 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is the second book I ha e read from this author and I think this book was even better (if possible). The book was easy to read and the story flowed well. Really liked feisty Linden and how her personality makes her intuitively great at her job. Some steamy passionate scenes and great banter between the characters. I read this book and could t put it down as I followed Jack and Lindens story.
I received a complimentary copy of the book from the author for an unbiased review.
Emma bramley
Jun 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed
This is the first book by this author that I've read and I really enjoyed it. This is the story of Linden and Jack. This is a work romance read, which is fun. The characters have intense chemistry and very funny banter between them. This is an easy book to easy and the story flows really well. This is a enemies to lovers slow burn story.

I voluntarily reviewed an advance reader copy of this book
Reading  In the  Red Room
May 21, 2020 rated it really liked it
A fun work romance! Linden and Jack our forced to spend a weekend together working on a story. Their sexual frustration finally gets the best of them. Can they still work together? I felt This was a great story with great characters. Unfortunately it dragged a little for me. But I would Definitely read more books by Stacy Travis.
Laura ( Latteandbooks )
May 26, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
Enemies to lovers? sign me up. I love books that are in this genre. This book was amazing. i had to read it in one sitting so that I would know how it was going to end.

My full review will be up once i get my computer fixed >_<
May 25, 2020 rated it it was ok
***ARC Provided by the Author***

Full review to follow
Doris
Nice, quick coworkers/enemies to lovers story.

I couldn't quite connect with the characters, but it was well-written.
lowkeyreader
May 22, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc
This was just an okay for me. Total slow burn, but don't feel the chemistry as much I hoped. There's not much "hate" shown in this one. It's just that they're too competitive of each other that's shown more. Jack's a little arrogant and judgmental in my opinion, while Linden's a little presumptuous. It takes a little bit for them to really get to know each other and lose those assumptions they have of each other.
María Orlena
Mandy Favaloro
Alexandra S
May 24, 2020

• The First Score
  • Dare To Resist (Dare Nation, #1)
  • The Hardest Play
  • Forking Around (Hot Cakes #2)
  • A Secret for a Secret (All In, #3)
  • Butterfly Bayou (Butterfly Bayou, #1)
  • Fight for Me (The Arrowood Brothers, #2)
  • Through the Lens
  • Chicks, Man
  • Take a Chance on Me (All I Want, #6)
  • Stirred (Twisted Fox, #1)
  • Jock Blocked (Copper Valley Fireballs #1)
  • Unforgettable (Cloverleigh Farms, #5)
  • Wicked Bedmate (A Cocky Hero Club Novel)
  • The Beginning of the End
  • The Modern Gentleman
  • Beholden (Carmel Cove, #1)
  • Collided (Dirty Air, #2)
I write contemporary romance novels with strong female characters and the men who love them for their badassery. I can--and do--eat cheese and crackers as a meal. When I'm not writing, I'm in running shoes on a stupidly steep hill. Or on the couch drinking tequila. Or fangirling at a soccer game.

News & Interviews