Start by marking “Letters From A Dead Girl” as Want to Read:
Letters From A Dead Girl

Letters From A Dead Girl

In Kat Savage's latest (re)collection, is a series of letters she's written to those she's loved—and almost loved. This work explores not physical death, but the moments after knowing someone, when you realize you’re simply a ghost of their past. ...more
Published July 30th 2020

To ask other readers questions about Letters From A Dead Girl, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Letters From A Dead Girl

Start your review of Letters From A Dead Girl
talon smith
Jul 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Um.. excuse me but how dare Kat Savage tear me apart like that?

“I was the one who suffered when you did/ irony/ now I carry a wound I begged you not to give me”

Letters From a Dead Girl has some of the realest and eccentric poetry I have read in my entire life. Describing all the types of loves we encounter in our lifetime.

Try to find one of these you don’t fit with, I dare you.
Tiffany S
Jul 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Omg, this was so good. SO GOOD. I wish I had words for it. Like... wow. I just loved it!!! LOVED IT!! Lots of angsty stuff. MYFAVORITE
Alicia Cook
Aug 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
What an amazing book. The cover grabs you, but the words keep you. The formatting is unique and beautiful in its own right too. Kat Savage writes from her own experiences. She has this way of making you feel like you're living through them too. Which is what draws me into her work every single time. ...more
Shannon O'Connor
Shelves: 2020
Oh my god I freaking loved this. It was sexy and melancholy and just perfect honestly. It might be one of my favorite Kat Savage poetry books to date.
Lindsey Domokur of Crazy Reader Chicks
Jul 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
"You were erasing me before I was even gone."
I dare you to read this and not feel anything. These poems cut straight to my heart. Kat has such a way with words and basically gutted me. Well done.
Dylan
Aug 10, 2020 added it
i don't rate nonfiction, but I will say that I thought this was pretty decently written and put together, and I appreciated that it was honest in regards to not painting her as a perfect person.

I did have a hard time connecting with the poems, but that's a constant problem with poetry and I, so I won't count that against it!
Maria
Jul 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Surprise, surprise....I love another Kat Savage poetry collection. I’ve never read a collection like this, one that explores the ghosts of our sexual past. Some in a deserving negative life and others with an aged perception. Kat gracefully takes us through her past and beautifully tells the tales of her messy sheets and how they’ve shaped her.
Erica
Jul 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Whew boy. Redamancy holds a special place in my heart, but I think this collection gave it a really hard shove for top spot. I'm sitting here typing this, and my brain is flashing 'wow' like a neon sign behind my eyelids. This felt like a reminiscing and a fuck you and a longing for simpler times and a fumbling through the realm of dating and sexuality and love and finally finding peace somewhere. I felt emotion from each and every piece, and for some I was even like 'yes girl, say it louder for ...more
Daniele
Jul 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Kat has gives us everything. All the emotions one can feel is here. There are just moments in here so real, she pulls us right into them. It’s brilliant.

Each poem telling a story of once was yet something we all could feel in our own lives and that is what I love about Kat’s poetry. She makes you feel like you are there, it might something you haven’t experienced, would never expect or couldn’t ever think would be something you thought of but you feel. And it’s this amazing thing, I always read
Elizabeth Sanders
Jul 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Brilliant.

I love this poetry collection. That's no surprise though, because I love Kat's words.
Kat is a Savage.
You can feel all of the emotion.
This collection of love letters to past lovers is heart wrenching. I think most all of us can relate to at least one of the poems in this collection; I know I do.
This collection is honest, intimate, beautiful, and brilliant. ❤
Chèri-Lee Fisher
Jul 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I am in love!

"You were erasing me before I was even gone."

This collection feels like an invasion on a private conversation, like you're a fly on the wall witnessing these exchanges and that says a lot about the writing. Feeling like you're part of the collection. Letters From A Dead Girl is the most intimate collection of poems I've ever read.
angélique violette  monroe
Jul 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I know what it's like to be a ghost in someone's story and to have their ghost haunting you as well. I know what it's like to feel the air in your lungs change and just want the haunting to be over. This poetry collection is about that and about being someone's ghost, someone's past. This was magnificent ...more
Chasity
Jul 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This collection was written so beautifully. One things I will say is that you can always expect raw, hard truth in Kat Savage's work. She givea a lot of herself to help others and so much of that shows in her work. Loved this one, I related so hard to her beautiful words. ...more
K
Jul 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Another amazing, melancholy gut punch by the brilliant Kat Savage. Her heart wrenching honesty as she writes to loves of her past will hit you right in the feels.
J.R. Rogue
Jul 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Holy shit, the dirt...the intimacy...the sadness. I felt like I was reading someone's diary. Or no, letters in a drawer never sent. I wanted to know ALL the dirt on who each poem's subject was. This book is one we all want to write. We all want to tell the love of our past that they left marks, good or bad. ...more
Cynthia Cisneros
Aug 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Raw as ever. Kat Savage never ceases to amaze me with her words. The intensity of the heartbreak that comes after the love. This book had me feeling a thousand things at once. Gave me the rushing feeling where the rollercoaster dives down and your lungs are trying to catch the air. Leaves you with a wide smile on your face. Despite reliving my own heartbreaks and the ones I caused others, it still made me feel alive just by reading it. Absolutely loved this book! Definitely recommend!
Tina
Jul 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I was pleasantly surprised to find a review copy of this in my inbox.
And almost a sobbing mess after I read it.
Thankfully it's less than 40 pages.
"I could put together a playlist
let you listen to what you did to me"
I felt those words to the depths of my soul.
Some of these poems could be me talking to my younger self, or me pouring my heart out of the hole ripped in my chest by life.
Magnificent.
Lee
Jul 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Omg!!! Perfectly written! I couldn't fathom writing these words because I feel like I'm gonna throw up because of nervousness when people read it. Or I would forever hide in my bedroom.
Hands down to you, Kat! So brave of you to share this collection to us. I really admire you for that!

I really love it! Thank you! Thank you!
Jessica
Aug 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Oh my goodness.. these were just absolute perfection. I swear, a few were written just for me. It’s like my heart was pulled out and pressed into this book. My secrets out for everyone to read. I was just blown away.
Shelly Tooley
Jul 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely A-MAZ-ING! The feels are off the charts. Literally covered in goosebumps! Devoured in one sitting! Like true Kat fashion, you get real truths, raw emotions, angst, and unfiltered emotions on all the pages! So much love for this collection of poems.
Leah Crist
Aug 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Masterpiece

The style of writing for Kat’s latest book is nothing short of brilliant. Writing letters to the past tells a story in a whole new perspective. All the things you’d say in hindsight and that’s golden.
Briana
Aug 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Wow. Just wow. Kat has done it again (I know I’ve said that and I’ll more than likely say it again!). This collection brought out nostalgia for all of those boys in my own story.

I love each poetry collection and the unique way Kat presents them!! Definitely a favorite.
Brigitte Thomas
Jul 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I love the way Kat pours herself into every collection she writes. You can feel the emotion behind her words with every line.
Lola
Hmm... I feel like I have an ongoing problem with Kat Savage's poetry collections that has more to do with me than the collections themselves. Mainly, I always think they're going to be longer with more space to develop, and then they only last 25 pages. It might be time for me to track down one of her full-length collections so I can really assess her work because I loved the concept and the verses in Letters From A Dead Girl, but I feel like it ended before it really got started. If you only w ...more
Luz Acevedo
Sep 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
Ohhh the feels. This is a brilliant read full of heart, saw and raw emotions.
Alexandra
Nov 24, 2020 rated it did not like it
this book was absolutely terrible I would not recommend it wasn't even poetry and my book was missing pages and it was small very disappointed. ...more
Misty
Dec 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: poetry
I seriously love these covers! The words inside are the icing on the cake ♡ My favorite poet who I will continue reading until she has no more stories to tell ♡
Stacie

• I'm Not Your Paper Princess
  • Poems for the Stars: Vol 1
  • Apus: Poems
  • Poems for the Moon: Vol 2
  • Shine your Icy Crown (You Are Your Own Fairy Tale, #2)
  • Poems For The Moon: Vol 1
  • My Burning Depths. Vol. 2
  • All My Ghosts Have Heartbeats
  • Undeveloped
  • Keeping Score
  • Stitching the Soul
  • I Have Sold a Beautiful Lie: Poems
  • Mad Cruel World
Kat Savage’s unique brand of storytelling combines some of her own truths with a little bit of fiction to connect to people in a very real way. She writes about ugly things authentically and shamelessly.