Start by marking “A Cut so Deep (Thornes & Roses, #1)” as Want to Read:
A Cut so Deep (Thornes & Roses, #1)

A Cut so Deep

(Thornes & Roses #1)

DAMIEN

Handsome. Dangerous. Tortured.

From a young age I learned love is a smokescreen. It does nothing but bring heartbreak and pain. My solace came from the darkness, from watching fear flicker in their pretty eyes. It’s all I knew.

Until her.

We’re forbidden. We shouldn’t crave this. But there’s no longer a way out.
Unless we find common ground, unless I let her in.

NESRIN
ebook
Published July 23rd 2020

Start your review of A Cut so Deep (Thornes & Roses, #1)
Ꮗ€♫◗☿ ❤️ ilikebooksbest.com ❤️
Stepbrother romance with a twist!

E03-DC048-B86-B-4339-B317-3-F3-C48-D7-CE06

This was the story of a girl from a broken home who turned to cutting in order to deal with depression and anxiety. The heroine’s name was Nesrin (means Wild Rose) and she is the daughter of a famous actress. Nesrin doesn’t like the limelight and gets extremely anxious in crowds. Her father left when she was young and her mother is a harsh woman who doesn’t show affection to Nesrin.

When her mother gets married to a rich man, Nesrin is sent to live with his th
myo 🍒 (myonna reads)
this book was really corny and gave me 2012 wattpad vibes but in this case that is not good. the book deals with self harm and as someone who used to self harm, i personally don’t think it was written well. it came off as being written to be edgy and to have a reason for the main love interest to get angsty with the main character. the main character was your typical “i’m not like other girls” character. i thought the author was gonna have her not be a virgin and i was gonna be happy because tbh ...more
Carla Bulian
Aug 14, 2020 rated it liked it
I thought this story superficial and the male character was so immature for his age...
Unfortunately!
NiCoLeTa E. {Addicted To Books}
***4,5 "A Rose among Thornes!!!" stars***

IT'S LIVEEEE!!!!

"You'll have to be my favorite secret."

This was a beautiful, even though forbidden story. It was a story that cut so deep that you will never be able to forget it!!!
This story got to me from the very first page.
I loved the storyline, even though i was expecting a little bit more darkness, and i loved very much the main characters and i can not wait for more of this crew...

"I don't know what this is between us.
But I know that as
Yours Truly, Diana * burningdesire_x3 *
goodreads-pic

I’ll Be Gentle: Sharp, Edgy and Utterly Intriguing!
*arc generously provided by the promo team in exchange for an honest review*

acutsodeep

What’s this book about? (I'm trying to give as little spoilers as possible)
Damien doesn’t want to give into the feeling that’s lurked into his being ever since he laid eyes on Nesrin. They’re not supposed to see each other that way. She’s too young. It’s forbidden. She’s broken. She finds peace by the blade. She doesn’t take center stage. They both know their fee
Rebecca
Aug 22, 2020 added it
Shelves: did-not-finish
Dnf at 40%. Not gonna rate since I didn’t get past 50%, but suffice it to say I just couldn’t get into this one. Although the characters were supposed to be college age or older, this one really read like a high school romance. The H, who was ~28 years old, was the most immature one of the bunch, and would easily pass for 16/17. Not for me.
Joy Westerfield
Jul 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I’ve been anxiously awaiting for this book and let me just say, it is totally worth the wait! I devoured this book in one sitting! I had to keep reading to find out what happens between Damien and Nesrin. These are two troubled souls brought together unexpectedly. Some say that they shouldn’t be together, that it’s taboo, but when you have attraction for another, nothing should stand in your way!

This story touches on a sensitive subject that affects so many people and this author tells it with
25 Readings Or More
Jul 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
4.5
So Dani René gave us, this time, a dark, twisted forbidden romance that's so good 😍😍😍

A Cut So Deep is intense, raw and painfully beautiful.

Damien & Nasrin are so alike: broken, lonely....

They are like the missing piece of each other.
Being apart, from the first moment, is impossible.Their connection is too strong.

But their love is forbidden, and there are so many secrets that could reap them apart...

The story catch your attention from the first word; the main characters are masterfully desc
Veronica
Jul 23, 2020 rated it liked it
This was my first time reading Dani René and I had mixed emotions about A Cut So Deep.

First off, I'd like to say that this book has a very important and meaningful message and for that, it was incredibly poignant and beautiful. I appreciated the author's approach to speaking about mental illness in a very real and raw way and I think Dani René did an excellent job on this front.

Unfortunately, I did not love this book as much as I had hoped to. The premise was very interesting and eye-catching an
♥️Fantasy Land  Book Reviewer♥️
27034655-SX540-png

A Cut so Deep is the first book for the Thornes & Roses series and I have to admit it blew me away. Do you ever have an author that you read that as soon as their book is released you want to read the book, but you know that it is going to rip your insides out, but you know if you do not read it you know you are missing out on something extraordinary? Well, that is Dani's books. I knew I had to read A Cut so Deep but I knew I was going to have an emotional bomb thrown at me.

This book is an age-
Lilith  Seven
THE REVIEW FOR A CUT SO DEEP By DANI RENÉ

GENRE:CONTEMPORARY ROMANCE.
AUTHOR:DANI RENÉ
TYPE:BOOK #1 OF THE THORNES AND ROSES.
POV: FIRST PERSON...DUAL POV...
MY RATINGS:5 GORGEOUS STARS'

𝐓𝐚𝐛𝐨𝐨 𝐑𝐨𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞..✔
𝐀𝐠𝐞 𝐠𝐚𝐩 ...✔
𝐒𝐭𝐞𝐩𝐛𝐫𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐑𝐨𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞 ...✔
𝐌𝐲𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐬 ...✔
𝐒𝐚𝐬𝐬𝐲 𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐞 ...✔
𝐁𝐮𝐥𝐥𝐲 𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐨...✔

.......

Her biting tone makes me hard. I can’t help it. I love a woman with spirit. Makes it so much more worthwhile when I break them.

Nesrin has always craved her mother's love.But after being abandoned by her fat
ashlee l.
Jul 21, 2020 rated it really liked it
Dani Rene’ delivers a twisty forbidden romance story packed with all the feels for romance readers. Ever since the cover, and title... I was hooked!

⚠️ is possible.

It’s taboo, forbidden, angsty, and steamy.
The characters in the book were written well. I enjoyed Nesrin and Damien’s traits. It kept the story flowing in a fast paced setting. At times I wanted to hug Nesrin and all that she went through. You can’t help but feel a closeness to her, that makes you want to become her friend. I love w
Anne Milne
Jul 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Nesrin and Damien are love. Sometimes fate brings two people together because there is literally no other person for them. They are both troubled souls who when apart don't function but bring them together and their worlds are right. The story is deeply emotional and Dani deals with a difficult subject so beautifully and does not over dramatise it. The age gap never bothered me I really didn't see it as an issue. Nesrin is what some may call an old soul with such a strong personality that I want ...more
Denise ☾ Chatterbooks Book Blog ☾
✨ DENISE’S DREAMY REVIEW ✨

Dani Rene has yet again weaved such a raw, heartbreaking, intense, and beautifully told story!

I could not get enough of A Cut So Deep! My heart did not only break, it shattered into so many broken pieces reading Nesrin and Damien’s forbidden, yet so delicate and beautiful, blossoming relationship.

I enjoyed their chemistry, the forbidden-ness of their relationship, and just how these two danced around each other with all of those secrets!

Trust me, if you love Dani Ren
Janell Lovell
Jul 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Dani rené is a some what new author to me but I’ve since been reading all her books and I’ve been lucky to receive this story before it’s release.

Yes the book has a very sensitive subject and an age gap some might think it’s taboo but Dani really handled it brilliantly well and I didn’t find myself constantly thinking about that aspect of the story.

This story is absolutely incredible the characters were all amazing and each brought something to the storyline going forward. I was intrigued from
The Romantic Rush Blog
Jul 23, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2020-reads
‘A Cut So Deep’ by Dani Rene of the new series, ‘Thorns & Roses’ is a story about heartache and internal pain- an age gap, stepbrother romance whose characters are struggling to cope, leaving them swallowed in their own emotions within their own darkness. Dani gives us all the emotions as she explores these two characters as they somehow find home within each other’s pain.

Our heroine Nesrin is struggling, she’s broken-she’s a tornado of repressed emotions and pain that is pushing at the seams of
ReadingInPyjamas
Jul 22, 2020 rated it really liked it
A Cut so Deep is a standalone, suspenseful romance novel (the first book in the Thornes &Roses series) with a darker tone that will keep you glued to the pages. I love Dani Rene's writing style, it's easy to follow, entertaining and emotional and this story was beautifully presented.

The heroine of this story, battles with anxiety and depression and I think the author did a great job in the way these subjects are approached. This is the kind of story that grips your heart, with complex and relat
Mom2three
Jul 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Wow. That's it. Just, wow. First of all... Trigger warning. This book depicts some gut-wrenchingly touchy subjects, like cutting, and the author doesn't shy away from delving into the details about the how and the why. Instead, you get a brutally honest look at the subject. For someone who has been there, I found it cathartic in all its honesty. Some may find it hard to read, though. Now that that's out of the way I can tell you why it is one of the best stories I've read this year.

Ms. Rene will
oritty: books and i (tilayov)
109853385-10158450293012733-2468980558483197793-o

He was supposed to be her guardian. The big step-brother she would look up to, the one she listens to when her mother and new husband were in their honeymoon
She was old enough to choose for herself!
Now she is the rose amongst the thornes
Nasrin was the girl and then young woman who didn't live up to her mother's expectations, the one who knew she was not loved and not wanted, dealing with depression and cutting herself for this was the only way she knew to free her pains and emotions she coul
Diane
Jul 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Before I start the review to this book I want to share how it effected me.
I loved this book? Dani did justice to the problem of "cutting". You see, I have a daughter who did that and I never knew until a friend of hers let me know. She was so good at hiding it. Once I knew, I got help for her. I am proud to say she tackled that demon and just recently graduated with a MSW, Masters of Social Work and is now a therapist helping others. Just had to get my piece out there.
Nesrin is a very troubl
D.L. Gallie
Jul 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Dani knocked this one out of the park.
She tackles sensitive topics but she deals with them with grace. And like usual, she adds a dark and delicious twist. It wouldn't be a Dani Rene story without the twist...that I never see coming.
A Cut so Deep has it all, twists, turns, OMG moments, sexy schmexy, strong heroines and alphas a-holes who you want to junk punch and kiss at the same time. ACSD was everything.
This is my new fav Dani Rene novel
Julie's Book Land Reviews
Jul 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2020-arcs
A dark romance filled with a forbidden love, mental health and characters damaged beyond repair who find peace within one another.
Jean Dewsbury
Jul 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This story has it all. Wow! I loved their journey.
Damien and Nesrin the moment she sees him in her mother's greenhouse with another woman brings forward a anger and jealousy that she can't explain.

Damien looks up to see this young woman simply watching and being the man that he is enjoys watching her watch him.

What happens next is the beginning of a very emotional and at times heartbreaking journey between broken people trapped in cold hearted places, with what seems no way out.
What happens when
Tara Lee
Jul 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Wow this was one angsty read. The depth this story took and the way it captivated your soul while reading.
The intensity and mind blowing twists had you in shock through out.
Dani delivers a twisted forbidden romance with so many feels it will suck you right in.
Prepare to be captivated by the Thorne men and their cockiness and charm.
A dark and delicous read.
Sheena
Jul 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is a wonderful story about two broken souls and their journey of discovery and growth. There’s something for everyone within these pages: there’s darkness and light, heartbreak and joy, love and hate.

The devastation caused by the breakdown of family homes and the consequences of the resulting emotional depravation are sensitively written about. Nesrin and Damien are both damaged goods, and no amount of wealth and privilege can buy or make up for what they’ve both lost and truly need.

Skilfu
Genevieve || GCK's Book Review Blog ||
5 *BROKEN* STAR

A Cut so Deep is the first book of Thornes & Roses series. This is a dark, age gap, emotional taboo romance. I'm fall in love with Damien.
We can read this story in present time, from Nesrin & Damien's point of view. I'm totally understand their feelings, this is unstoppable. The story is totally fascinating. The emotions of the book are indescribable. I can't find the words. While I was reading I felt all the feelings, I cried and I didn't want to leave this world.
When you start
Kandace Denys (bookish_kayy)
Jul 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
“𝙄 𝙬𝙖𝙣𝙩 𝙞𝙩 𝙩𝙤 𝙝𝙪𝙧𝙩, 𝙄 𝙬𝙖𝙣𝙩 𝙖𝙡𝙡 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙥𝙖𝙞𝙣, 𝙖𝙡𝙡 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙖𝙜𝙤𝙣𝙮.”

I REALLY enjoyed this book.
I liked Nesrin( & loved her name), and the Thorne siblings too.
As far as the story goes, it definitely grabbed me, and the suspense kept me reading. I think the reveal was just a tiny bit lackluster though, I was expecting something MORE, and I didn’t really get that.
As far as the gap, I didn’t really see it as being overwhelmingly large.
I think I expected a little more darkness than what I was delivered, but it
Violet
I was anxiously looking forward to this book right up until the moment it hit my kindle. I was so thrilled to dive right in as I love a good forbidden romance. My first impression was that it was well written, and there was quite a bit of attention to detail. The storyline had great potential and I was intrigued by the air of mystery and suspense to the story. I loved the idea of this town full of dark secrets and forbidden games played by the characters. I was excited to see where the author to ...more
Renee
Jul 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing

Damien
Handsome. Dangerous. Tortured. From a young age I learned love is a smokescreen. It does nothing but bring heartbreak and pain. My solace came from the darkness, from watching fear flicker in their pretty eyes. It's all I knew. Until her. We're forbidden. We shouldn't crave this. But there's no longer a way out. Unless we find common ground, unless I let her in.
Nesrin
Polished. Pristine. Broken.
Chary
In the darkness, we find solace. She’s my ocean—deep and endless—and I want to drown in her. Nothing compares to being beside her. And I know if she walks away, I’ll break.

I'd say this is my favourite book so far by Dani René, from the beginning till the last page I'm so invested reading Damien and Nesrin forbidden love and I love every second of it. Damien truly helps Nesrin to be on ground, the writing style is great, as a reader you will feel the emotions that these characters conveys.

Ev
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• The Devil's Crown: Part 1
  • Unholy Union
  • Heartbreak You  (Heartbreak Duet, #2)
  • Tyrant Twins
  • Stories of September
  • Heartbreak Me (Heartbreak Duet, #1)
  • Hood River Zero (Hood River Hoodlums, #4)
  • Unholy Intent (Unholy Union Duet #2)
  • Richer Than God
  • Torn Apart (Torn and Bound Duet, #1)
  • Sicko
  • Stroke of Midnight
  • Hendrix
  • Diamonds in the Rough (Diamonds are Forever Trilogy, #2)
  • The Initiation (The 4 Horsemen, #1)
  • Savage Beginnings (The Moretti Crime Family, #1)
  • Taunt Her (Rebels At Sterling Prep #1)
  • The Sins of Saint: A Dark Romance Novel
Dani is a USA Today Bestselling Author of a variety of genres, from romantic suspense to dark erotic romance and even BDSM romance. She loves to delve into the raw, emotional journeys her characters venture on, and enjoys the dark, edgy, and sensual scenes that fill the pages of her books. Dani’s stories are seductive with a deviant edge with feisty heroines and dominant alphas.

Dani lives in the

Thornes & Roses (2 books)
  • AHSS (Thornes & Roses, #2)

News & Interviews