Start by marking “Inside Affair (Prime Time, #1)” as Want to Read:
Inside Affair (Prime Time, #1)

Inside Affair

(Prime Time #1)

Xander
If I had to describe Sean Bailey, it would be: a surly, temperamental pain in my ass. Never in that equation would I ever include the word boyfriend—and not just because he’s straight.

The older brother of my life-long best friend, Sean is a detective for the Chicago PD, and is also known as Detective “Dick” for being...well, a surly, temperamental pain in everyone’s
Published May 27th 2020

Start your review of Inside Affair (Prime Time, #1)
Carol [Goodreads Addict]
Inside Affair is book one in the brand new trilogy, Prime Time, by Ella Frank. I was so excited when I heard about this new series. I didn’t realize at first that there were cliffy’s involved. But now that I’ve read the first book, does it matter? NO! Because it’s that awesome! I admit it took awhile for me to get invested, the build up was slow. But when I fell, I fell hard. Because I am in love with these men!

Alexander (Xander) Thorne is a respected, award winning news anchor. He’s living his
Wendy

I fell a bit in love with Sean when he was first introduced as "Detective Dick”, in "Henri". What can I say... I just love the assholes and Sean's character was right up my alley. I hoped his book would be awesome, and I am so glad to say that it was. It's just the cliffhangers in all these series that are getting to me a bit.

no no no gif - Google Zoeken

I had no idea when I signed up for this one, that it would be a "same characters" series. I still enjoyed it, but it did leave me wanting...

So as I already explained, this
* A Reader Obsessed *
3.5 Off to a Good Start Stars

Now admittedly, Tate and Logan are my top Ella Frank MC’s so it’s going to take a lot to knock them off their pedestal if that’s even possible. However, Sean and Xander’s 1st installment easily reeled me in showing huge potential. If you want continuity though, it is recommended to read the series Temptation first and then Confessions next, before delving into this 2nd spinoff to truly appreciate the nuanced interconnections between all previous 12 books. One more c
Oscar
Jul 04, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2020, 2020-releases
This book was okay to me. I neither hate nor regret picking this one up. It's my first time to read anything by Ella Frank and will pick more of hers surely in the future! The only major thing I have against this book is that it failed to make me swoon. This is a slow burn mm romance which involves the enemies to lovers trope. To be accurate it went more like this: 60 percent of them being enemies; 30 percent of them being confused and repressing their feelings; and last 10 percent of them being ...more
Gabby
This ended up being just okay for me. I wanted to love this book because I've previously really enjoyed books from this author, but it was just okay. I love that it follows a gay news anchor and a detective who becomes his security guard. I'm obsessed with anything lately that takes place in a newsroom so I loved that aspect of it. But as much as I love slow burn I feel like this was way too much of a slow burn, because it took soooo long for anything to happen and I think this story focuses mor ...more
Al *the semi serial series skipper*
2.5 Stars

I love Ella Frank but I found this book mediocre. If you've read the blurb you've basically read the entire book. Nothing happens besides Xander being stalked.

I was expecting a GFY story like Tate and Logan instead Sean just decided one day that he is attracted to Xander and that was it. The stalker angle didn't even play much into the story,tbh.

The ending sucked as well, obviously it's not much of a cliffhanger if there are three books in the series, obviously Sean is going to star in
Nicola
Oct 29, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2020-reads, m-m
Same review on all 3 books in Prime Time series because I don’t feel like writing separate ones. No spoilers, promise.

This is one of those series’ that’s middle of the road, but addictive nonetheless. A quick sum up of what you can expect:

• A slow burn enemies to lovers/protector romance
• Two very lovely men
• Lots of romance...
• ...and eventually sexy times
• A stalker
• Bit of family drama
• Bit of newsroom drama
• A huge penthouse overlooking Lake Michigan with a revolving floor (it exists, I g
Lorraine Lesar
Jul 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
3.5*
This is the inside information you need to know -
1. Ella Frank is the Queen of GFY - anyone thinking of disputing this fact....well, let’s just say we can’t be friends anymore.
2. Unlike her other stories, this isn’t her norm of Wham-Bam-Thank-You-Man-Let’s-Live-Happily-Ever-After, it’s a slow-burner - with Ella teasing us before we get down to the serious stuff 😉.
3. It ends on a bitch of a cliffhanger!!!
.....but as I believe there’s a further 2 books, I think we can safely say that we are g
*J* Too Many Books Too Little Time
3.5 Stars!

I really don't want to give this book more than 3 stars. Ella Frank is so frustrating with her need to drag a story out over 3+ books.

As a result this one moved at a snails pace. And that ending.

So annoying.

BUT....there's always a BUT. There's just something about Ella Frank that always has me coming back.

I like both Xander and Sean. There was some good attraction, connection, UST towards the end. The stalker bit was a bit lame, honestly but I get it's what brought them together. C
Meags
4 Stars

I really enjoyed this. It felt like a tasty teaser for what Xander and Sean can (and will) become as a future couple across this trilogy.

With a lot of history between them, what with Xander being the ex-boyfriend but always best friend of Sean’s younger brother, these two share a tentative lifelong friendship, and are by all intents and purposes family.

They couldn’t be more opposite, with Xander living as an extremely wealthy out and proud gay man, working as the king of the nightly news
Elise ✘ a.k.a Ryder's Pet ✘
⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱*Glad I Changed My Mind*⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱

As I had originally shelved this book as a checked won't read, I'm surprised that I found myself liking this book. It was intriguing and I didn't want to stop reading. I was not only hesitant about reading it after reading a bunch of reviews, but I haven't had that much luck with this author. So it put me off from wanting to read it in the first place. But somehow, after I saw this one on my dash earlier today, I thought what the heck, why not try it. And
Celeste
Oct 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
3.5 stars. This one was an okay read for me, but I kept thinking I had read this before...this fake boyfriend/bodyguard/gfy genre has been done a quite few times now. I suppose it must be popular with readers as they keep getting released.
✰ Bianca ✰ BJ's Book Blog ✰

Xander and Sean.

We already met them in previous books - but you do not need to have read those books to understand this series. You should've read them - just because they're adorable - but you don't hafta ☺

OK.

Xander has been a famous news anchor for some years now. Being in the public like that and being openly gay ... that gets the attention of lots of crazy folks. But now his boss thinks the newest crazy person might be the real deal. A very dangerous stalker type. Boss man orders a twenty f
Cadiva
May 24, 2020 rated it really liked it
Ella Frank knows how to spin a tale, drawing the reader in and making them want to know everything about her characters.

That's one of the reasons why it's frustrating for me to read her books when they end on a cliff hanger like this one does 😁

I knew there would be one, it's become the usual path not only for her solo efforts but also for the books she writes with Brooke Blaine.

And it works, she has me wanting to read them even when I know I'll be left desperately needing the next installment.
Fabi
Jun 23, 2020 rated it did not like it
DNF @61%

Elementary gfy plot. Needs a lot more character development for each MC in order to make it believable. Typos and cliffhanger ending didn't help this book's case.
haletostilinski
I loved this first installment in this new series by Ella Frank.

This story focuses on Xander Thorne, Bailey's best friend, and Sean Bailey, Bailey's brother from the two book love story of Bailey and Henri.

Xander is a very successful, gay and out reporter who is somewhat famous (so kind of like a Barbara Walters of today, but male and gay, I guess) and has been Bailey's best friend for years and years.

Sean Bailey is a detective who is seemingly straight, is a little rumpled and rough around th
Lyndy Ann ♫
🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟 5 stars 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

Ella Frank has done it again, I am in love with Sean "Detective Dick" Bailey and Alexander "Xander" Thorne, I haven't fallen hard for one of her couples like this since Logan and Tate, even though L&T will always be my favourite, Sean and Xander have jumped straight to second place with their first outing.

I read this within 48 hours I could not put it down, I loved every single second I spent with the guys, getting to know them better as we briefly met them in Bayley and Henri
ȷαεlα
May 28, 2020 rated it it was ok
This book was just so... meh!

Sean was too eager to become Xander’s “fake boyfriend”, since the beginning. Everything felt flat, no persuasion or tension. It looked like Xander was the one to have the hardest time faking the relationship, not Sean. He was a ‘natural’(facepalm).
Xander didn’t impress me. Like a damsel in distress, his character had a “female personality”. Too superficial.
I expected this MM romance to be without the silliness that characterizes FM books, but I was disappointed.

The
Bhavya Marya
Jun 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m
“Your face. Jesus, Xander…it’s, like, blinding. I never realized how fucking stunning you are.”

I was actually gonna wait till the next one came out because I knew this ended on a cliffhanger. But I couldn't resist. It sounded so good and that cover is just 😍.
It doesn't matter now that I've read it. I still hate the cliffhanger but I can deal for two months. But I'm still gonna read breaking news as soon as it releases.
I just want to start by saying that I would give anything to live in Xand
Eva ☆
Jun 24, 2020 rated it liked it
I hate so much when the books end up on cliffhanger ...

In this book we know Xander and Sean, Xander is being threatened by an anonymous stalker who knows where he lives, what his routine is and even how he likes his coffee. Xander is terrified and rightly so, and Sean comes in, Sean is a detective who just closed a case successfully and "friend" of Xander's childhood (friend in quotes because although he and Xander have known each other since they were kids, Xander was always closer to his broth
True Loveislovereview
Jun 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Xander is famous, being the face of the ENN news channel. After he got several disturbing threats, his boss demands he hire a bodyguard. Sean is the older brother of Xander’s best friend and knows people in the bodyguard scene, he will know someone. Indeed, Sean has the answer, he himself will protect Xander as his bodyguard. To be as convincing as can be he will act like Xander’s boyfriend.
Xander fights him with all he’s got but, in the end, has to surrender, Sean is right, he is the best.

They
Bookgasms Book Blog
May 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: missy
Well, hello there Prime Time! What a heck of a kick off of this series with Inside Affair!

From the first few pages, I was sucked into Xander and Sean’s world and refused to put down my Kindle until I read the very last word.

I loved Xander from the Confessions series, and knew whomever he opened his heart to would be someone who gave him a run for his money, and Sean certainly does that. And more.

I loved seeing these two independent, sexy, smart men transition from friends to something more. So
❧A Bookish Berkeley Girl❧
I adore Sean ...

But...dat’ cliffhanger!

3-3.75 Stars✨🍃
Gustaf
Sep 11, 2020 rated it did not like it
Sadly this didn't work for me.
I mean it took me what? Two? Three? Months to bring myself to finish it.

The plot was lazy, the characters was not very well put together and the writing was sloppy. The ending was well... really bad. The author took the easiest way out possible. A sloppy (but huge) cliffhanger.
Since it ended in this huge ass cliffhanger I guess I'll have to read the other books at some point. But not today. Probably not in a long time.

Will leave it at this, I really don't have m
Skirmish
Jul 21, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: lgbtq
Book Reaction: https://neverhollowed.com/2020/07/21/...
Rating: 4.5 Stars – perfection is only half a step away
Jessica Alcazar
May 18, 2020 rated it really liked it
Inside Affair, the first in an all-new contemporary MM series from USA Today bestselling author Ella Frank is available now!

Download your copy today exclusively on Amazon!
Amazon: https://amzn.to/2WhgUhW
Amazon Worldwide: http://mybook.to/insideaffairef

Unlike most couples I’ve read in the past that Ella has created, Xander & Sean took me a minute to get connected to. I don’t know why to be honest, but I think it’s because, for obvious reasons, the slow burn of it all just grated on my last ner
M.I.A
Oh Ella Frank,
I am quite certain I havent read a single thing she's ever written that I didn't enjoy.

I'm certainly not a fan of the fake-boyfriend trope, but here I am completely enjoying it. Ella Frank manages not to make it feel contrived or unbelievable.
I think it stems from the fact that Sean and Xander have been in each other's lives since they were teenagers.
They're not strangers.
The fact that they don't particularly like each other but consider one another 'family' creates this bond
Shannon
The GFY/bi-awakening storyline is one of my favorites in the m/m genre, as is the best friend’s brother trope. So how excited was I to find out Ella Frank’s newest trilogy included both?!? Very!

Inside Affair is the first book in the Prime Time trilogy, featuring Xander and Sean- two men who couldn’t be more opposite if they tried! I really enjoyed the snarkiness and back and forth between these guys- it was quite entertaining. This is a definite slow burn, considering Sean believes himself to be
Mirjam
May 11, 2020 marked it as to-read
Shelves: mm-gangbang

Part of the Prime Time Series and is best enjoyed when read in order
Inside Affair (Prime Time, #1) by Ella Frank Breaking News (Prime Time, #2) by Ella Frank Headlines (Prime Time, #3) by Ella Frank
Claude
Jun 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Loved every single part of this. Review to come. I knew Detective Dick was the best.

• Classified (The Elite, #3)
  • Say You’ll Be Nine (Say You'll Be Nine, #1)
  • Fakers (Licking Thicket, #1)
  • Danger Zone (The Elite, #1)
  • The Modern Gentleman
  • Hard Knox (Havenwood #3)
  • Power Plays & Straight A's (CU Hockey #1)
  • Pieces of You (Missing Pieces, #1)
  • NautiCal (Forever Wilde, #8)
  • Hardwood (Four Bears Construction, #3)
  • Screwed (Four Bears Construction, #4)
  • Spotlight (Famous #2)
  • Ride the Lightning (Sinister in Savannah, #1)
  • Face Offs & Cheap Shots (CU Hockey #2)
  • Pieces of Me (Missing Pieces, #2)
  • Spring Strings
  • Murphy's Law (Havenwood #2)
  • After Felix (Close Proximity, #3)
Ella Frank is the USA Today Bestselling Author of the Temptation series, including Try, Take, and Trust and is the co-author of the fan-favorite erotic serial, Sex Addict.

A life-long fan of the romance genre, Ella writes contemporary and erotic fiction.

Prime Time (3 books)
  • Breaking News (Prime Time, #2)
  • Headlines (Prime Time, #3)