Start by marking “Inside Affair (Prime Time, #1)” as Want to Read:
Inside Affair (Prime Time, #1)

Inside Affair

(Prime Time #1)

Xander
If I had to describe Sean Bailey, it would be: a surly, temperamental pain in my ass. Never in that equation would I ever include the word boyfriend—and not just because he’s straight.

The older brother of my life-long best friend, Sean is a detective for the Chicago PD, and is also known as Detective “Dick” for being...well, a surly, temperamental pain in everyone’s
Published May 27th 2020

To ask other readers questions about Inside Affair, please sign up.
Ruta S. Confessions series Book 5 and 6 are about Sean's brother and Xander's best friend/ex-boyfriend Craig Bailey.
(confessions series is connected to Tempt…more
(confessions series is connected to Temptation series. also loosely connected to the PresLocke series.)

Dare to Try series is about Sean and Craig's other brother Kieran.
(other MC of this series, Bash is a side character in South Haven series of Brooke Blaine. MCs of that series are side characters of Dare to Try) (less)

Start your review of Inside Affair (Prime Time, #1)
Carol [Goodreads Addict]
Inside Affair is book one in the brand new trilogy, Prime Time, by Ella Frank. I was so excited when I heard about this new series. I didn’t realize at first that there were cliffy’s involved. But now that I’ve read the first book, does it matter? NO! Because it’s that awesome! I admit it took awhile for me to get invested, the build up was slow. But when I fell, I fell hard. Because I am in love with these men!

Alexander (Xander) Thorne is a respected, award winning news anchor. He’s living his
Wendys Wycked Words

I fell a bit in love with Sean when he was first introduced as "Detective Dick”, in "Henri". What can I say... I just love the assholes and Sean's character was right up my alley. I hoped his book would be awesome, and I am so glad to say that it was. It's just the cliffhangers in all these series that are getting to me a bit.

no no no gif - Google Zoeken

I had no idea when I signed up for this one, that it would be a "same characters" series. I still enjoyed it, but it did leave me wanting...

So as I already explained, this
Shile (Hazard's Version) Maroon on semi-hiatus
Audiobook - 3 stars

Story 1st half- 0.5 stars, 2nd half - 2.5 stars

It is really sad that lately I can't seem to give Ella Frank's books more than 3 stars. Logan and Tate introduced me to mm. Her books have become so-so. Nothing new, same old storyline.

description

We met Sean and Xander in book 5 and 6 of the Temptation series and they had a love/hate thing going on. I was excited to read their book, unfortunately this fell flat in the first half. The second half was somehow okay.

I enjoy Ella books for the
Elise ✘ a.k.a Ryder's Pet ✘
Re-read: 07.08.2021
I found myself wanting to re-read this as I couldn't actually remember much from it. I still liked it, but Xander did bother me a bit with putting his anger out on Sean who is just trying to help. But on the other hand, I do understand why Xander is angry in the first place. That said, this read was still enjoyable.

Other characters:
Jim Berkel, Xander's executive producer, had worked together for nearly six years.
Marcus St. James (42), the president of the news divisio
* A Reader Obsessed *
3.5 Off to a Good Start Stars

Now admittedly, Tate and Logan are my top Ella Frank MC’s so it’s going to take a lot to knock them off their pedestal if that’s even possible. However, Sean and Xander’s 1st installment easily reeled me in showing huge potential. If you want continuity though, it is recommended to read the series Temptation first and then Confessions next, before delving into this 2nd spinoff to truly appreciate the nuanced interconnections between all previous 12 books. One more c
Oscar
Jul 04, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2020, 2020-releases
This book was okay to me. I neither hate nor regret picking this one up. It's my first time to read anything by Ella Frank and will pick more of hers surely in the future! The only major thing I have against this book is that it failed to make me swoon. This is a slow burn mm romance which involves the enemies to lovers trope. To be accurate it went more like this: 60 percent of them being enemies; 30 percent of them being confused and repressing their feelings; and last 10 percent of them being ...more
Gabby
This ended up being just okay for me. I wanted to love this book because I've previously really enjoyed books from this author, but it was just okay. I love that it follows a gay news anchor and a detective who becomes his security guard. I'm obsessed with anything lately that takes place in a newsroom so I loved that aspect of it. But as much as I love slow burn I feel like this was way too much of a slow burn, because it took soooo long for anything to happen and I think this story focuses mor ...more
Al *the semi serial series skipper*
2.5 Stars

I love Ella Frank but I found this book mediocre. If you've read the blurb you've basically read the entire book. Nothing happens besides Xander being stalked.

I was expecting a GFY story like Tate and Logan instead Sean just decided one day that he is attracted to Xander and that was it. The stalker angle didn't even play much into the story,tbh.

The ending sucked as well, obviously it's not much of a cliffhanger if there are three books in the series, obviously Sean is going to star in
Nicola
Oct 29, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m, 2020-reads
Same review on all 3 books in Prime Time series because I don’t feel like writing separate ones. No spoilers, promise.

This is one of those series’ that’s middle of the road, but addictive nonetheless. A quick sum up of what you can expect:

• A slow burn enemies to lovers/protector romance
• Two very lovely men
• Lots of romance...
• ...and eventually sexy times
• A stalker
• Bit of family drama
• Bit of newsroom drama
• A huge penthouse overlooking Lake Michigan with a revolving floor (it exists, I g
*J* Too Many Books Too Little Time
Jun 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: male-action
3.5 Stars!

I really don't want to give this book more than 3 stars. Ella Frank is so frustrating with her need to drag a story out over 3+ books.

As a result this one moved at a snails pace. And that ending.

So annoying.

BUT....there's always a BUT. There's just something about Ella Frank that always has me coming back.

I like both Xander and Sean. There was some good attraction, connection, UST towards the end. The stalker bit was a bit lame, honestly but I get it's what brought them together. C
Meags
4 Stars

I really enjoyed this. It felt like a tasty teaser for what Xander and Sean can (and will) become as a future couple across this trilogy.

With a lot of history between them, what with Xander being the ex-boyfriend but always best friend of Sean’s younger brother, these two share a tentative lifelong friendship, and are by all intents and purposes family.

They couldn’t be more opposite, with Xander living as an extremely wealthy out and proud gay man, working as the king of the nightly news
Fabi
Jun 23, 2020 rated it did not like it
DNF @61%

Elementary gfy plot. Needs a lot more character development for each MC in order to make it believable. Typos and cliffhanger ending didn't help this book's case.
Cadiva
May 24, 2020 rated it really liked it
Ella Frank knows how to spin a tale, drawing the reader in and making them want to know everything about her characters.

That's one of the reasons why it's frustrating for me to read her books when they end on a cliff hanger like this one does 😁

I knew there would be one, it's become the usual path not only for her solo efforts but also for the books she writes with Brooke Blaine.

And it works, she has me wanting to read them even when I know I'll be left desperately needing the next installment.
Reading_ Tamishly
Jan 31, 2021 rated it it was amazing
*one thing though: this book has a very similar scene and dialogue as exactly as that of the Taiwanese/Chinese series Trapped (History 3)

😭 That is so NOT the way to end a book!!!!

Give me the second book.

*Reviews can wait.
Lyndy Ann ♫
🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟 5 stars 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

Ella Frank has done it again, I am in love with Sean "Detective Dick" Bailey and Alexander "Xander" Thorne, I haven't fallen hard for one of her couples like this since Logan and Tate, even though L&T will always be my favourite, Sean and Xander have jumped straight to second place with their first outing.

I read this within 48 hours I could not put it down, I loved every single second I spent with the guys, getting to know them better as we briefly met them in Bayley and Henri
ȷαεlα
May 28, 2020 rated it it was ok
This book was just so... meh!

Sean was too eager to become Xander’s “fake boyfriend”, since the beginning. Everything felt flat, no persuasion or tension. It looked like Xander was the one to have the hardest time faking the relationship, not Sean. He was a ‘natural’(facepalm).
Xander didn’t impress me. Like a damsel in distress, his character had a “female personality”. Too superficial.
I expected this MM romance to be without the silliness that characterizes FM books, but I was disappointed.

The
✰ Bianca ✰ BJ's Book Blog ✰

Xander and Sean.

We already met them in previous books - but you do not need to have read those books to understand this series. You should've read them - just because they're adorable - but you don't hafta ☺

OK.

Xander has been a famous news anchor for some years now. Being in the public like that and being openly gay ... that gets the attention of lots of crazy folks. But now his boss thinks the newest crazy person might be the real deal. A very dangerous stalker type. Boss man orders a twenty f
Imme van Gorp
|| 2.0 stars||

This book was thoroughly underwhelming, and somehow manages to execute everything badly, thus being completely unsatisfactory as a whole.

When it comes to the two main characters of this book, I could honestly never seem to get a good grip on them. They appeared to constantly suffer from severe mood swings, and they even seemed to have a complete personality transplant ever so often.
It was annoying as hell, and made it impossible for me to ever feel connected to them, or see some
haletostilinski
I loved this first installment in this new series by Ella Frank.

This story focuses on Xander Thorne, Bailey's best friend, and Sean Bailey, Bailey's brother from the two book love story of Bailey and Henri.

Xander is a very successful, gay and out reporter who is somewhat famous (so kind of like a Barbara Walters of today, but male and gay, I guess) and has been Bailey's best friend for years and years.

Sean Bailey is a detective who is seemingly straight, is a little rumpled and rough around th
Bhavya Marya
Jun 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m
“Your face. Jesus, Xander…it’s, like, blinding. I never realized how fucking stunning you are.”

I was actually gonna wait till the next one came out because I knew this ended on a cliffhanger. But I couldn't resist. It sounded so good and that cover is just 😍.
It doesn't matter now that I've read it. I still hate the cliffhanger but I can deal for two months. But I'm still gonna read breaking news as soon as it releases.
I just want to start by saying that I would give anything to live in Xand
Mirjam

Alexander Thorne, 37, the number one prime-time news anchor, has picked up a dangerous stalker and his boss, Marcus St. James, orders him to hire a bodyguard. He turns to his best friend Bailey's older brother Sean Bailey, who also happens to be the best detective at the Chicago Police.

Sean, 38, the cynical, jaded pain in the ass and Xander have not really gotten along but the situation is dire enough for Sean to become Xander's bodyguard himself. To keep things under wraps they decide the best
Yarie ☆
Jun 24, 2020 rated it liked it
I hate so much when the books end up on cliffhanger ...

In this book we know Xander and Sean, Xander is being threatened by an anonymous stalker who knows where he lives, what his routine is and even how he likes his coffee. Xander is terrified and rightly so, and Sean comes in, Sean is a detective who just closed a case successfully and "friend" of Xander's childhood (friend in quotes because although he and Xander have known each other since they were kids, Xander was always closer to his broth
Mariam THE CLOWN (needy for Al&Laz) (suffocating in uni)
I'm not sure if I want to rate this book 3.5 stars or 3.75 ✨⭐✨⭐

One big FUCK YOU to Xander and all of his snobby, spoiled uppity ways. Fuck him for treating Sean like an embarssment, like Sean wasn't good enough, like Sean was an inconvenience, and DOUBLE FUCK HIM for having the audacity, THE NERVE to be MAD at Sean and loosing his temper, when literally ALL SEAN DID was HELP HIM!

*sigh* needed to get that out of my chest. I would've given this book 4 stars if it weren't that cluster fuck.

Sean
Dani
Nov 23, 2022 rated it liked it
Not convinced on this pair yet. I can understand the not noticing each other even though they've known each other their whole lives. I can even understand Sean not realising he may possibly have attraction towards men because he's effectively a super efficient workaholic.

What I don't get is how they both questioned exactly what is was they were feeling for over 70% of the book - neither are virgins or inexperienced, and I'm assuming they're both well into their 30s although we aren't told their
True Loveislovereview
Jun 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Xander is famous, being the face of the ENN news channel. After he got several disturbing threats, his boss demands he hire a bodyguard. Sean is the older brother of Xander’s best friend and knows people in the bodyguard scene, he will know someone. Indeed, Sean has the answer, he himself will protect Xander as his bodyguard. To be as convincing as can be he will act like Xander’s boyfriend.
Xander fights him with all he’s got but, in the end, has to surrender, Sean is right, he is the best.

They
Gustaf
Sep 11, 2020 rated it did not like it
Sadly this didn't work for me.
I mean it took me what? Two? Three? Months to bring myself to finish it.

The plot was lazy, the characters was not very well put together and the writing was sloppy. The ending was well... really bad. The author took the easiest way out possible. A sloppy (but huge) cliffhanger.
Since it ended in this huge ass cliffhanger I guess I'll have to read the other books at some point. But not today. Probably not in a long time.

Will leave it at this, I really don't have m
❧ *´¸. Gwendolyn ❧ A Purely Organic BookOwl‘•´¸.*
I adore Sean ...

But, the story has such a high cliffhanger…sigh…
M.I.A
Oh Ella Frank,
I am quite certain I havent read a single thing she's ever written that I didn't enjoy.

I'm certainly not a fan of the fake-boyfriend trope, but here I am completely enjoying it. Ella Frank manages not to make it feel contrived or unbelievable.
I think it stems from the fact that Sean and Xander have been in each other's lives since they were teenagers.
They're not strangers.
The fact that they don't particularly like each other but consider one another 'family' creates this bond
Shannon
The GFY/bi-awakening storyline is one of my favorites in the m/m genre, as is the best friend’s brother trope. So how excited was I to find out Ella Frank’s newest trilogy included both?!? Very!

Inside Affair is the first book in the Prime Time trilogy, featuring Xander and Sean- two men who couldn’t be more opposite if they tried! I really enjoyed the snarkiness and back and forth between these guys- it was quite entertaining. This is a definite slow burn, considering Sean believes himself to be
Rain
May 16, 2022 rated it liked it
*2.5* Disappointing. Didn't believe the gfy trope in this one. The chapters moved so awkwardly, one minute they are kissing for the first time, and the chapter ends? They wake up the next morning and we have no idea what happened. Was it just one kiss? Did they talk about their feelings? Did they talk about the fact that one of them has never been with a man before? Did they race off to their individual beds? This kind of disjointedness continues throughout the book.

For an author that writes sm

• Dare Me (Dare to Try, #2)
  • The Modern Gentleman
  • A Little Bit like Desire (South Haven, #2)
  • Classified (The Elite, #3)
  • A Little Bit like Love (South Haven, #1)
  • Danger Zone (The Elite, #1)
  • Viper (Fallen Angel, #2)
  • P.S. It's Always Been You (Always Satisfied, #4)
  • Love Under Quarantine
  • Vacation
  • Sure Shot (Brooklyn #4)
  • The King and His Vigilant Valet (Paranormal Princes #3)
  • Jackson (Rydeville Elite, #5)
  • Fool for Love (Lost in New York #1)
  • Fight for Me (The Arrowood Brothers, #2)
  • Forsaken (Breaking the Rules, #3)
  • Bring It Home (Nashville Assassins: Next Generation, #3)
  • The Promise (Lost in New York, #2)
See top shelves…
Ella Frank is the USA Today Bestselling Author of the Temptation series, including Try, Take, and Trust and is the co-author of the fan-favorite Preslocke series. Her Prime Time series has been praised as “highly entertaining!” and “sexy as hell!”

A life-long fan of the romance genre, Ella writes contemporary and erotic fiction. Some of her favorite authors include Tiffany Reisz, Kresley Cole, Rile

Prime Time (3 books)
  • Breaking News (Prime Time, #2)
  • Headlines (Prime Time, #3)

News & Interviews

Here at Goodreads World Headquarters, we're always on alert for any shifts in readerly attention that we can spot. Recently we've noticed a...
“Sean se tornou minha âncora. Ele se tornou meu porto na tempestade e, em alguma estranha reviravolta do destino, parecia que eu havia me tornado dele.” 1 likes