Start by marking “Concede (The Diamond Empire, #1)” as Want to Read:
Concede (The Diamond Empire, #1)

Concede (The Diamond Empire, #1)

For years, I pretended to be something I’m not. Drowning the beast living inside of me in copious amounts of alcohol and women. Not that I complained.

And then Victoria Hughes walks back into my life, and took me by surprise.

The woman stunning me clear out of my mind the minute my mouth touched hers.

After tragedy strikes and knocks her off her feet, I expected her to come t
Published March 1st 2021

To ask other readers questions about Concede, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Concede

Start your review of Concede (The Diamond Empire, #1)
Brianna at Renee Entress's Blog
5 Stars!

Kathy Coopmans is back hotter, grittier, more intense than ever in her brand new, unforgettable series, a spin off from one of my very favorites from her, and oh my goodness y'all! All the suspense. All the feels. All of that chemistry they had and the heat that sizzled. That journey they told. Those complications they faced. The danger and rawness in so many moments. Ugh just everything.

Simply put, these TWO y'all. Seth and Victoria. Be still my heart. Just wait until all the introducti
Franci Neill
5 Agonizing Pain Stars!!!

This book literally consumed me from start to finish. This is the first book in the Diamond Empire which is the kids from The Syndicate Series and it’s dark and filled with so much pain and anger, for very good reason. Ms. Coopmans has outdone herself with Seth and Victoria’s story. Talk about oil and water… these two are so combustible they’re like sticks for dynamite!

Seth is a man that is heavily involved in “The Family” and is not someone Victoria wants in her lif
Tammi
Feb 04, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Gah!! I love the dark side of Kathy Coopmans. Don't get me wrong all her books are fantastic she truly has a talent with words. But dark and emotional is when she shines!!
We met Seth in his brothers books and now we get his story.  Finally!! I was so curious about him what was he running from emotionally and hiding with alcohol. Well we got his story and DAMN it is good.
And Victoria we know her family from their books and now we see the second generation. Her story is heartbreaking. She is so lo
one_more_chapter
Feb 27, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Raw, powerful, and gut wrenching, Seth and Victoria's explosive story burns up the pages! Kathy Coopmans is back and better then ever as she once again takes readers deep inside the Diamond Empire. Five stars for this must read.
Rhonda Ziglar
Feb 28, 2021 rated it it was amazing
5 PHENOMENAL STARS!! Holy cow....I just read this book in 2 1/2 hours. I absolutely loved Victoria and Seth!! These two have a story that will keep you on the edge of your seat as well as shaking your head and wanting to kill people. This is what makes her a 1-Click author for me. Make sure to download this book...you need it on your e-reader or in your hand flipping pages.
Jill S (Love Affair With Fiction)
Bloggers & Bookstagrammers sign up here to be a part of the release for this Romantic Suspense: https://forms.gle/uTCsgeDNr9QkZgm39 ...more
OKbook Hoarder
Feb 17, 2021 rated it it was amazing
What a book!!! It has all the feels. Seth and Victoria's story is beautifully heartbreaking and amazing. Another must read of 2021. If I could I would give more then 5 stars. ...more
Kathy Coopmans
Feb 03, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Preorder on Amazon is now available for CONCEDE (The Diamond Empire Book 1)

Amazon US: https://amzn.to/3rgE1Gg
Amazon AU: http://amzn.to/3aqAfmJ
Amazon UK: http://amzn.to/39HGpjf
Amazon CA:https://amzn.to/3pMcw6Y
Stefanie Kral
✯✯5 Enforcer Filled Stars!!!✯✯

Kathy you’ve made me wait forever to get my hand’s on Seth Mitchell’s story and after finishing Concede I’m here telling you the wait was 100000% worth it!!!

Concede might be the first book in the The Diamond Empire but it’s not the first time you’re seeing a lot of the character’s. Victoria’s parent’s are Deirdre and Aiden Hughes from Kathy’s Syndicate Series . We meet Seth Mitchell from the very beginning of The Unbound Trilogy and again in Abrupt an
Lisa
Feb 28, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Holy Balls if I could cuss I so would. Kathy, woman, you have blown my mind completely. I thought the other books in this story were good, but this one, this one was my favorite. I can't even tell you that I didn't put this book down at all it was that good. It kept you in suspense the whole time. We start off with Victoria who totally breaks your heart and you will cry with her that is guaranteed. She has had her life ripped apart in a way no one should ever. I love her dad and brothers always ...more
Jennifer Pierson
Mar 01, 2021 rated it it was amazing
It truly feels like it's been decades since the last book that I read by this brilliant & highly addictive author, so when I started reading Concede, I felt like I was home again. I know this is the start of a new series, but honestly, I feel like it's best to read The Syndicate Series (it's even in a Box Set) first so you know more info on a great deal of the secondaries. This is Seth & Victoria's story, and it's a very emotional one at that but I mean it's crime families so life is not all win ...more
Kylee
Feb 27, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Concede stole the breath from my lungs within minutes of being immersed in the darkness. The story took me by surprise, shocked me to the core and shattered my heart. However I held on, I let the tears flow and finally as the binding love between Seth and Victoria surrounded me my heart started to mend. A story of grief, tragedy, family and loyalty has you captivated by the dance between the devil and his angel. As the chemistry between these two intertwined with the words of their journey, your ...more
Karrie Mellott Puskas
Feb 02, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Concede is a dark mafia read. Dark books really aren’t my cup of tea. But for Kathy, I will go out of my comfort zone and will try to read her words.

I am so glad that I went out there and tried this book. I will admit, there were a few times I had to stop and walk away. I needed tissues quite a few times as well.

Seth has tugged on my heart from when we met him in his brothers book, Unravel. He was a character I wanted to get more out of. And man do we get more of Seth!

Victoria, we all know as
CeeJay Daisy
Feb 22, 2021 rated it it was amazing
♥️🌼Concede🌼♥️
Concede is the first book of Kathy Coopmans new series, The Diamond Empire...and it was created in the darkest recesses of her mind...I already knew she had one from some of her other books...but Concede gave my memory the jolt it needed...It’s really a good book...and her dark side just grows and grows..♥️🌼
Seth is an unapologetic killer for The Diamond Empire...he enjoys it...craves it... a recovering alcoholic, Seth has claimed reluctant mafia princess, Victoria, his boss’ daughte
April Symes
Mar 01, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2021, 2021-favorite
Concede is book 1 in the new series, The Diamond Empire by Kathy Coopmans. This is Victoria and Seth's story. It's emotional, intense, dark, heartbreaking, angsty, hot, grief, secrets, attraction, romance and love. This is the 2nd generation of Syndicate Series. I was on the edge of my seat from page 1 and quite literally was blown away from everything that took place in book 1. This was a rollercoaster ride that brought forth loyalty, betrayal, family dynamics, emotions and grief along with Vic ...more
Lisa Stinson
Feb 03, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Kathy has a way of writing dark romance in a way that doesn’t feel extremely dark. Yes it’s dark but these men can bring you to your knees with the way they love their women. I have been looking forward to Seth’s book since the beginning. And let me tell you Seth and Victoria’s story didn’t disappoint.

There were many times where my breath hitched and my heart stopped but I knew Kathy would bring me back to life in the best way.

Victoria fought her feelings for Seth so hard but he would not be d
Lynne Garlick
Feb 16, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Holy shit!!!! Just give me a minute to reclaim my vital organs from this lady! I make no secret that when I start a book by this author that I hand over all vital organs at the door quite willingly. She has never steered me wrong and she most definitely did not with this!! SHE IS BACK BABY!
I have been totally blown away by this book, which is book one in the Diamond Empire series. Reduced to tears, rocking in a corner with a glass of Fireball!! Buckle up buttercups, keep your hands in the ride a
Heather
Feb 21, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Concede is some of Kathy's best writing yet! It is no secret that the Syndicate Series is my favorite! The Diamond Empire is the second generation of our Syndicate Series. That being said this book shattered me! It took my heart and squeezed it until I thought it might burst and bleed through my chest. I had to stop reading three different times just to be able to clear my vision from the tears flowing. So many emotions constantly battling like waves crashing against a rocky shore. Concede is Se ...more
Sophie Ruthven
Feb 26, 2021 rated it it was amazing
This was a solid start to a series from a much loved author.
I struggled on what to rate this book, as Victoria irked me at times, but the plot and also the male main character's redemption was too epic to keep it at a 4 star that I was leaning towards.
There isn't actually a lot that can be said about this book without ruining the experience for other readers, but buckle up as you'll be sent on a rollercoaster of emotions with no safety bar.
Looking forward to seeing what happens next.
Tammy
Feb 28, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Whoa! What a read this was! This is the second gen to the syndicate series, which was one of my absolute favs. The next gen, I am loving just as much. Seth and Victoria, are intense together, the sparks fly, the want to hate but the need to be together. There is no way you won't love these two, especially Seth, he is pure trouble in the best way possible. I can't wait to dive deeper into the diamond series.
Christie Marsh
Feb 25, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I’m a huge fan of the Diamond Empire! I didn’t know what to expect and I can say this author always surprises me and makes me feel all the emotions! Concede is emotional, sexy, has wow moments and loyalty! Seth and Victoria are a meant to be couple, their passion takes them awhile to see what’s right in front of them! Loved them both! Can’t wait to see what’s next!
Sue Paulsen
Feb 28, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Oh man.. I loved Concede! Another amazing story by Kathy Coopmans! Concede absolutely grips you from the very beginning and doesn’t let go! I love a good mafia story and Concede does not disappoint! Concede is book one in The Diamond Empire series and I can tell you that I am already impatiently waiting for book two!
Vickie
Feb 27, 2021 rated it it was amazing
There’s not much you can say about Seth and Victoria without giving the plot away. Seth is complicated and full of alphaness. Victoria is full of love and brokenness at the same time. Either way you know you’re going to get a phenomenal read out of Kathy Coopmans and the Diamond Empire
Emma Johnston
Feb 27, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Another fantastic book from Kathy Coopmans. This book was beyond amazing and I'm still sitting here thinking about it. I feel reread coming on already!! ...more
Amanda Roden
Mar 01, 2021 rated it really liked it
Seth and Victoria have a heartbreakingly beautiful story. Kathy does dark romance so well that you get sucked in and can’t stop reading. Welcome back to the dark side!
Lucy Berson
Feb 24, 2021 rated it it was amazing
ANOTHER GREAT BOOK!!!! Seth oh Seth!!!!! He is definitely my favorite Mitchell man!!!! He has the right amount of alphaness and darkness about him that just draws you in!!! This book will keep you on edge the entire time while pulling big feels from you!!!! I can not wait for more!!!!! Definitely a 5+ book
Stacy Hahn
Feb 21, 2021 rated it it was amazing
OMG!! I didn’t think my heart could take much more. Right out of the gate, Kathy Coopmans gutted me and not just once. Concede had me in tears so many times. Her dark and dangerous men are bad when they need to be, but oh so good to those they love. Seth had my heart from the beginning and I fell harder right along with Victoria. I can’t wait for more books in the Diamond Empire series!
Ana Rita
Mar 02, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Omg... I couldn't stop myself. I simply screamed when this book appeared on my kindle... I screamed...
There was only one problem... I was at work... Crazy right?
Kathy Coopmans has this effect on me. Her books are to die for and I can't get enough of her.
Her writing is raw and wild, sweet and powerful...
You'll love it... Trust me.
Concede is her latest release and it's the first book from The Diamond Empire series and this book is a part of The Syndicate series.
I must let you know that despi
Lynn Reynolds
Mar 09, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Victoria believes in protecting family. Seth believes in the same thing except his is slightly different from hers. Expect his world to be very graphic. The author leaves very little to the imagination so be warned if you are squeamish about some things. Victoria’s way of protecting people is by keeping a lot of things internalized. Now for some, she may keep them in the dark but she allows the reader to see what she’s holding in.

Seth is a man with two faces. He has the personal face and the all
Marnie
Mar 03, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Welcome back to The Syndicate.

I absolutely loved Author Kathy Coopmans first book in her new series, the second generation of The Diamond Empire. I’d met both Victoria Hughes and Seth Mitchell before as characters in other books before, so I was rapt to be reading their story. While Ms Coopmans has several series that can be read as stand-a-lones, they do have interconnecting characters, and I absolutely love seeing them continue to show up throughout.

As Victoria stood so strongly as a friend f

• The Kiss (Playboy Pact #1)
  • Beneath the Stars (Falling Stars, #4)
  • Widow's Undoing
  • Hard to Lose (Play Hard, #4)
  • Strong Enough (Meet Me in Montana, #4)
  • Southern Heart (Southern, #5)
  • Twist of Fate
  • My Beautiful Neighbor (The Greene Family, #1)
  • The Brit
  • Hard to Score (Play Hard, #3)
  • The Rebel (Looking to Score #1)
  • Mafia Bride (The DiLustro Arrangement, #1)
  • Reign: A Romance Anthology
  • Becoming the Hitman (Zanetti Famiglia #5)
  • Mafia Prince (Young Irish Rebels #1)
  • Kiss by Kiss  (The Riggins Brothers #3)
  • Blood & Bones: Shade (Blood Fury MC, #6)
  • More Than A Game (The Kings of Kroydon Hills Book 2)
Kathy is a USA Today Best Selling Author. A wife, mother, and book nerd. She loves chatting with her readers and making new book friends. You can visit with her and other book lovers in her reading group.

News & Interviews