Start by marking “Bittersweet (Redemption #3)” as Want to Read:
Bittersweet (Redemption #3)

Bittersweet

(Redemption #3)

She thought he was just a cocky, spoiled rich kid. She had it so very wrong.

Shane Hendrix had a hundred-foot reinforced steel wall around her heart to keep people out, so when she first laid eyes on Jensen Rose, she wanted nothing to do with him. But what started as disdain quickly grew into something so much more. He went from being the boy she hated to the man she loved
Published 2020

To ask other readers questions about Bittersweet, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bittersweet

Start your review of Bittersweet (Redemption #3)
Rachael*Caribbean*girl*bibliophile
Spoilers ahead (reminder to myself)

Shane had better show some damn backbone because this man walked out on his child....I don't care how attractive he is
Jensen needs to have been celibate during the time apart. He doesn't deserve to be out there having sex while Shane is left struggling with their kid....but given the author I'm expecting another resident of Manwhoresville who upon his necessary return realises how much he wants the h(sorrynotsorry).....let's not forget he left his child behind!
Elle's Book Blog
My Rating: 5 Stars
Tropes: Second Chance Romance

Can I just say how much I 𝗔𝗗𝗢𝗥𝗘 𝗧𝗛𝗜𝗦 𝗦𝗘𝗥𝗜𝗘𝗦? Each book has warmed my heart, turned me into mush with all the beautiful love flying off the pages, and stolen my attention for hours. There’s just something about Redemption, Tennessee and these wonderful characters that I can’t get enough of. When I think about what books I want to see many more of, this is the first series I think about. Gosh, I never want it to end!

Friends, Jessica Prince writes t
Jessica Prince
Sep 14, 2020 added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mine, my-books
Bittersweet is HERE!
Grab your copy here!

description
Oct 05, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: second-chance
Valeen Robertson (Live Thru Books Blog)

Amazon US / Amazon Worldwide

Shane's first and only love is back in town and she's been doing her best to avoid talking to the man who tore her young heart to pieces all those years ago. But she knows eventually she'll have to interact with him considering he's the father of the true love of her life, her son Brantley, but she's putting it off for as long as she can. She really does have walls around herself, though, so she should be good to go, should be good at deflecting anything he mi
Raine
Oct 31, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Liked it well enough

Jensen and Shane both had terrible parents. Jensen's parents were neglectful and abusive and Shane's parents abandoned her in the care of her aunt and uncle. They were young and starting a family when Jensen ups and leaves Shane with a newborn baby. She's had to struggle writing two jobs to care for her son for over for years when Jensen comes back to town to win her back.

I thought the story was good, but didn't write me out tug at my heartstrings like some of her other books
BookSmacked
Sep 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Oh yes another Jessica Prince book devoured.

I've been waiting for Shane's story and was so excited when this hit my kindle.

Their beginning was I'll say both entertaining and sweet in a way that I knew I would want these two to find one another after time apart. Now that being said I had tons of questions as to why they were apart to begin with and what happened all those years ago. Jessica of course answered them and man oh man did it hit my heart.

Now it was really just a matter of would Jens
Nightbird Novels
Oct 02, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc
Shane Hendrix grew up knowing that every person she has ever loved will inevitably leave. That is, until she meets the boy who promises to give her everything she didn't know her heart desired... only to break her worse than ever before.

Jensen Rose made the biggest mistake of his life when he left Shane and their unborn child to join the military. But now he is back in Redemption for good, and he has a new mission... win back his family.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bittersweet was a second chance
Ri
Sep 28, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I am a bit mixed on this review and seem to be in the minority with my less than perfect star rating. Everyone knows that I am a huge fan of this author. Each book seems to get better and better but for some reason, I found myself struggling with this book. It was missing so much of the details that I have come to love with this author. Even the writing until around 75% felt different for me.

The flashbacks seemed to take up a good portion of the story which bummed me because the story needed th
Sunny Shelly Reads
I have been a Jessica Prince reader for a few years now, dating back several series. She's definitely an author I sign up to review for without reading the blurb. So having read the other Redemption books, I knew that Jensen and Shane had a history, and this would be a second-chance romance. I disliked Jensen before I even started reading Bittersweet, just based on what I knew of him from the previous books.

Well, mind blown! Bittersweet is the kind of second chance romance that gives you all the
Oct 05, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: second-chance
Abstract  ♥ Books
Sep 30, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: post-on-blog

ALL MY REVIEWS CAN BE FOUND ON MY BLOG: ABSTRACT BOOKS

line

'Bittersweet' is the third book of the 'Redemption' series by Jessica Prince.

This was a new to me author and I am definitely shocked at how much I liked this slow burn second chance Romance!

The chemistry between the main characters was amazing and the plotline was good. This author stole my heart and I would definitely be reading more of this series now!! A terrific take of a girl who never stopped loving her man , and how God has given th
MsBoo
Oct 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This small town romance warms the heart on a wet Saturday afternoon. Back in Redemption, Tennessee, Shane Hendrix works hard to keep the roof over her head for her and her son Brantley. She spent the last years trying to forget about Jensen Rose, the father to her son. He was seen as the typical 'rich' kid in school but no one knew the demons that he had to battle. He has now returned to Redemption and intends to win back Shane's heart and forgiveness.

As Shakespeare wrote 'The course true love n
Fiona Fog
Second Chance

I love reading second Chance romance, and Jessica delivers with the right amount of angst to keep you on the edge. Throw in the single mom angle and I’m HOOKED!

When Jensen our lead left unexpectedly years ago he left behind Shane and his unborn child. He thought he was doing the right thing, protecting them but what he didn’t realise is that the safety net he’d thought he set up them never happened.

Shane loved Jensen, she loved the life they were creating. It wasn’t easy but it pe
Melissa ~ Book Boyfriend and Husband Makes Three
I adored Shane and connected with her down to my core since I too have the same fears ingrained in me to keep everyone at a distance, not from the same circumstance but the result of keeping our hearts guarded is as much a part of me as it was Shane.

Jensen and Shane had an all-consuming chemistry the mistakes that led to heartbreak and years apart couldn’t diminish. I respected Jensen immensely for the way he came into town and he started a relationship with Brantley while slowly rebuilding the
Emily
Shane Hendrix had kept herself close to herself, rarely would she let someone in. When she meets Jensen Rose she believes he is the bane to her existence. Jensen is everything she is not, rich, spoiled and arrogant and he has made it perfectly clear he is interested in her. It takes but Jensen wins her heart until one day he walks away without a word.

Five years later he is back in Redemption Tennessee and wanting to be a part of his sons life. He also wants Shane back but he shattered Shane's he
Michelle
Jill M
Oct 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is an epic second chance love story. It will pull on the heartstrings and give you all the warm and fuzzy feelings. Jessica weaved an absolute beautiful love story filled with angst, heartbreak, love and redemption.

I can’t get enough of this series and each book just gets better than the last. I thought Jessica couldn’t top the other two but then she surprises me with amazing story. This book had just thr right amount of steam and swoon mixed with a little suspense and lots of emotion to ke
Oct 05, 2020 rated it liked it
MiDouradoP
Sep 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
When I think I have a favorite book, Jessica Prince goes and proves me wrong.

I'm a sucker for a second chance with the good, old groveling, and this book had it in just the perfect amount.
I wanted Shane and Jensen's story since Bad Alibi, and it was oh so worth the wait.
Shane, Jensen and Brantley stole my heart one page at a time. I knew I'd love them, but it surpassed my expectations.

Shane and Jensen were way more than high scool sweethearts. They were partners, equals, the one for each other i
Franci Neill
5 They Get Their Second Chance Stars!!

I’m SO IN LOVE with Shane and Jensen and their story!! If you’ve read the other books in this series, you know who Shane is, and if you haven’t read them, why not?!?!? Shane is besties with Poppy and Farah and we’ve received hints about her story in previous books but this book lays it all out and my heart was literally breaking for this couple!!

They were young when they fell in love and it wasn’t insta-love that they would admit to anyway. They come fr
Kahea
***5 Stars***

I FLoved this book.

It’s really that simple.

I FLoved it. It pushed all my romance buttons in the best of ways and made my heart all kinds of happy and has me wanting MORE! (Which isn’t really a surprise at all, but needs to be stated).

I adored Shane and Jensen...Shane just a tinsy bit more, but still, these two were a lot of fun. Shane is hard working, strong, independent and just a really good woman. Her heart has taken a beating over the years, and she does tend to have walls
Mari
Oct 02, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Now this is a kind of second chance romance I can like. I've enjoyed Jessica Prince various series so far but Redemption ones have been good so far. She's good at small town.

So far all the the heroine's featured have had backbones and had past trauma that they still stood up and did their best. This was Shane's story she works with Farah at Bad Alibi and mom. She fell for a bad boy who left her and is now back. I'm happy to say she didn't wait for him or anything she did her best by the son. I c
BookishStacy
Oh Jensen and Shane! This is the story I've been waiting for since they were first introduced in Bad Alibi. I couldn't wait to find out what happened to separate these two several years ago. While I did enjoy this one, I had a hard time with Jensen's reasons for leaving, especially since he essentially left his child as well as Shane. I understood why he felt that he had to but it didn't totally redeem him in my eyes. I did enjoy getting the flashbacks of their relationship--I really ne
Ga Books LoverX
Oct 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Jessica Prince is one of my favorite authors, her books are heartfelt and all about the connections whether it is the connections between the main characters or between them and the secondary. I adore the Redemption series and loved reading the 3rd book in the series about Shane and Jensen. I was SO looking forward to the book and it did not let me down!

This second chance romance will fill your heart and will leave you wanting more, it was a great book that will hit you right in the feels. All i
Cheryl O'Harney
Sep 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Being a huge fan of this series I’ve been patiently waiting on Shane and Jensen’s story, I wasn't quite sure what to expect of the man who’d left poor Shane pregnant and alone, my imagination had been concocting all sorts, however I certainly didn't predict the true reasoning behind his departure.

Now Jensen is back, not only does he want to get to know the son he’d left behind he also wants to reconnect with Shane, the woman who’s held his heart since he was eighteen years old. Shane’s not the s
Kim
Oct 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Redemption, Tennessee is the place to be! Jensen and Shane’s second chance romance is a story filled with heartbreak and redemption. Bittersweet is a wonderful story that I just could not put down. Jessica Prince has a beautiful way of writing small town romance that I just love! I highly recommend this book!
Lacie Romano
Oct 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
OMGEEE these characters brought on the angst, heartache, forgiveness, and love! I adore that these two characters had to fight for their HEA, so much miscommunication, so much shame and heartache. This book pulled on my heartstrings and left me breathless! Forgiveness at its best, Jessica Prince knows how to break my heart and fill in the cracks to repair it.
Emma Johnston
Oct 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another phenomenonal read from Jessica Prince, there is not book of hers that I won't read or don't enjoy.

For this story we went back to Redemption and this is one of my favourite series.o thoroughly enjoyed Shane and Jensens story. Single parent & second chance rolled into one, i was in heaven!!
Diane Plourde TDC Book Reviews
I love this series very much. I love everything this author writes. Bittersweet is no exception, an amazing 5 star story that I devoured in one night.

Shane and Jensen share a past. Jensen has been gone a few years but now he’s back to reclaim her. Things will come to light and wrongs will be made right.

This was an intriguing and captivating story. Protective men and fierce women. Small town, second chance romance that made me swoon. Beautifully written with a storyline that flowed well. Botto
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• The Bribe (Calamity Montana #1)
  • Only One Chance (Only One, #2)
  • Storm Damage
  • Shaken (Twisted Fox, #2)
  • Without You
  • Perfect Wreckage (Wrecked #2)
  • Take a Number (Wait With Me, #4)
  • Reclaim
  • Ryder (Merrick Brothers #2)
  • Drive Me Wild (Bellamy Creek #1)
  • The Honey-Don't List
  • Hendrix (Raleigh Raptors #3)
  • Piece by Piece (The Riggins Brothers #2)
  • Fragile Hearts (Poplar Falls, #4)
  • Good Enough (Meet Me in Montana, #3)
  • Layer by Layer (Riggins Brothers #1)
  • Just One Glance (Oh Tequila, #5)
  • Double Dog Dare You
Born and raised around Houston, Jessica is a self proclaimed caffeine addict, connoisseur of inexpensive wine, and the worst driver in the state of Texas. In addition to being all of these things, she’s first and foremost a wife and mom.
Growing up, she shared her mom and grandmother’s love of reading. But where they leaned toward murder mysteries, Jessica was obsessed with all things romance.
Whe

Redemption (3 books)
  • Bad Alibi (Redemption #1)
  • Crazy Beautiful (Redemption, #2)