Start by marking “Show Me How (It's Kind of Personal #2)” as Want to Read:
Show Me How (It's Kind of Personal #2)

Show Me How

(It's Kind of Personal #2)

An alternative cover edition for this ASIN can be found here, here, here and here

One choice can ruin everything.

When a stop at a shady motel puts Brandon Parker face-to-face with his best friend, Mary, for the first time in over a decade, he almost didn't believe it. He'd never stopped searching for her, but even a career in law enforcement couldn't help him find a woman w
Published May 2020 by Amazon Digital Services (first published May 12th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Show Me How, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Show Me How

Start your review of Show Me How (It's Kind of Personal #2)
Three Chicks
May 23, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5 Stars
Review by Natasha Gentile

One choice can ruin everything…

When Mary Benson moved down the street from Brandon Parker when she was seven years old little did she know he would turn out to be her best friend. They have grown up together through thick and thin; they are two peas in a pod. They are so close that Mary spends all her time at Brandon’s house. Well, it also doesn’t help that Mary’s parents are too busy partying and getting high to notice when and if their daughter comes home.

They
Natasha Mahadeo
I had no idea the special Kind of spectacular stories I have had on my Kindle for awhile now. This is the 2nd story in this Series and Show Me How is another Spell - bounding story by this remarkable Author....

This book is about Brandon and Mary. Both we know from the previous book. When I met them I was itching to know their story and Ladies this story is astounding. Grips you from the start....

Mary has really been dealt a shit hand of cards in life but that lasts till she meets the Parkers. Th
Kelly Fountain
Oct 22, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Amazing story! Out of the depths of tragedy, a new path is forged. Old becomes new. A fresh start laced with the pain of the past becomes a beautiful new story. Anna did a wonderful job with this one. Each book in this series has left me wanting more and I can’t wait to get to the next one.
Bette
May 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Brandon💘Mary! Great Story, Great Audible Listen🎧

Show Me How
It's Kind of Personal Series, Book 2
By: Anna Brooks
Narrated by: Nelson Hobbs, Neva Navarre

Anna Brooks takes you on an emotional rollercoaster ride. This is the 2nd book in her “It’s Kind of Personal Series” each can be read and enjoyed as a stand-alone. I enjoyed the 1st book so much I had to continue with the series. I just love the storylines and characters she created, they are real and relatable. This is Brandon and Mary’s story, Bra
Courtney
Jul 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2020
BEST SERIES EVER!!! I NEVER WANT/ED IT TO END!

I thoroughly enjoyed this novel from the first page until the very last. It has been very rare that I have been able to read a book in one day, but I was captivated by these characters instantaneously.

Let me just start off by saying that I have already set an alarm in my phone to remind me to be on the look out for the next book in this series! I absolutely LOVE these novels and the romantic atmosphere that they bring without becoming crude and over
Patty
Jan 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I am totally hooked on this series by Anna Brooks. This book brought us the story of Mary and Brandon. These two were childhood sweethearts but due to u fortunate circumstances and decisions, Mary ran away. It took Brandon twelve years to finally stumble on her. This second chance at love is heart warming, and heart wrenching. I love the intertwined characters from the first book as well as getting to know Baprandon's parents better. I just love his mom's unconditional love and intuition that sh ...more
Shanya
*** 2stars for the story, 1 for the cover--> me likes it! ***
This is DNF-shelved, at least for now...

This book really didn't have much of a storyline. I've always liked my heroines to be tough and Mary wasn't one (though the author wanted her to be, I think). Her reason for leaving was just... stupid. I tried to relate to her, but I couldn't. I didn't much like the hero either... (view spoiler)
Jessy A
May 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: amazon
Second book I've read by this author and it was definitely better than the first. I was excited about the story from the first book in the small glimpses we had into Mary and Brandon story. Brandon is Travis's brother and Mary is Brandon's lifelong best friend who disappeared for 12 years after a tragedy struck Brandon's family and Mary blamed herself. Brandon has been looking for Mary for 12 years and finally found her when she rescued Travis his girlfriend Charlotte. (This happened in the firs ...more
Trudy Dowling
May 27, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
WOW!! I though Make Me Forget was jam packed with emotion. Show Me How is over flowing. Brandon has all but given up trying to find Mary.

He heads home to Chicago where his life was forever changed in a moment. The woman he loved with all that he was had fled in the night. 12 years have come and gone and still nothing.

Until a chance meeting. He is determined to never let her go. After 12 years of hiding she doesn't know how to hold on. 12 years of fear and paranoia cannot be fixed a day, week, o
Erin Scorpio
Jul 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this. That first love, the one you only read about. Mary and Brandon had that, until a tragic night that she blamed herself for and went into hiding to protect Brandon and his family. Fast forward 12 years and a chance meeting at a hotel getting his brother Travis' girlfriend. The feelings are still there and it takes a while for her to realize things she thought were wrong and she didn't have to protect Brandon and his family. Through it all they do d their way back to each other. There ...more
Kim  Brewing
May 27, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This story is more of a journey....
We see their past, we know their present but how will their future go. We get a little bit of overlap in timeline from the previous book but you do not need to read it to get into and understand this book. I was surprised by where most of the drama came from as I really thought it was going to be a different kind of drama. I enjoyed it, but found it dragged just a bit for me.
Bertie Welck
Jun 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Brandon and Mary were friends and they grew to have feelings for each other. Mary had something dramatic happen which resulted in her leaving. Brandon tried for 12 years to find her with no luck.
While helping his brother find his girlfriend, he finds Mary.

She has been hiding thinking she was protecting Brandon and his family. All misunderstandings are worked out and they are finally able to get their HEA.
Dawn Trepczyk
Sep 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
To die for

This is book 2 of its kind of personal! This book is absolutely amazing. I would highly recommend. Brandon and Mary grew up together, they were best friends. Circumstances tore them apart for 12 years. Will they find their way back? Read on to find out
Patricia Koch
Nov 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Show Me How (It's Mind Of Personal Book 2)

WOW another awesome love between the two character's in this story. There is lots of activity in this story, Drama, Sexual activity, Passionate, all amazing how exciting it's to read! ENJOY!!
Jamie  Leigh
Mar 07, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great read

I cried. I laughed. I screamed. This book almost did ,e in. I loved the author's writing style! Her descriptions are vivid! And these two! A lifetime of loving each other! Amazing!
Dawn
Sep 21, 2020 rated it really liked it
Brandon and Mary

Long list friends reunited. It was heartbreaking that he spent 12 years looking for her and all that time, she was right there. So many emotions reading this one and the ending was perfect.
Iman
Nov 28, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
What a ridiculous reason to stay away for 12years...
Shasta Hope
Jul 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Stunningly beautiful!

This series just gets better and better. I love these characters and their stories. The journeys the go through and the love surrounding them.
Lisa
Oct 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Brilliant

O m g another great book in series it made me laugh and cry I loved it can’t wait to read mote
Sandy
Mar 16, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Show me how

You sure got me hooked on this book,so I guess I will order the next book, to see what happens next
Marnie Baker
Oct 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love this book. Mary was great and getting to know her and Brandon is even better.
Henar
Dec 18, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Too much guilt
Shon Chewning
Anna

Brooks yet again continued this book with just as much amazement as the first. The storyline was great and the chemistry between the two was sexy
Thanks
Tmara
Sep 14, 2020 rated it liked it
I liked the first book better. This one was a bit slow sometimes, in my opinion. It's a fine read, but def not my favorite. ...more
Jessica
Sep 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Rate: 5 Stars
Title & Author: Show Me How By Anna Brooks
Writing: Great
Violence: Some
Sex: Some

“When the door opens, my eyes lock on Brandon and he stumbles. At least I had a few minutes to prepare. He had no clue. Walked into this completely unaware. The wide eyes and gaping mouth is evidence of that. Travis grabs Brandon’s arm and looks at me with a confused expression.
“No. No.” My voice is so soft, barely audible.
“Mary?” Travis asks.
Brandon’s bright blue eyes never leave mine, and he takes a
Katie
Sep 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
5 star review

Show me How is the second book in the ‘It’s Kind of Personal’ series by Anna Brooks. I thought this was a fantastic second book in the series, again it was well written and I was hooked from the very first page. It is a standalone novel but I would really recommend reading the first book in the series. You will not be disappointed with it!

This second book is about Mary and Brandon. One choice can ruin everything – when a stop at a shady motel puts Brandon Parker face to face with h
Reggie
Mar 06, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
OMG!! I wanted to cry for the years wasted between Brandon and Mary! The pain...ahhh, but got my HEA.
Red Cheeks Reads
Aug 18, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is one book that managed to surprise me right from the very beginning. Just as I had it all figured out in my head and had it written off as another highly predictable second chance romance novel Anna Brooks made me hang my head in shame. Mary is living the life of a terribly neglected girl, unwanted and considered a cumbersome nuisance by her continually intoxicated parents, her home life has become an unstable and unsafe one at the tender age of seventeen but through it all she has her be ...more
Natasha
May 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
One choice can ruin everything…

They are too busy too know where Mary
« previous 1 3 next »

• Marriage Mistake (Beautiful Mistakes, #1)
  • Forever Mine (Callaghan Brothers #9)
  • Endurance (The Sin Trilogy, #4)
  • Four Week Fiance 2 (Four Week Fiancé, #2)
  • Say You Love Me
  • Four Week Fiancé (Four Week Fiancé, #1)
  • Flawed Love (House of Obsidian, #2)
  • Bottom Line (Callaghan Brothers, #8)
  • Love, Lust & a Millionaire (Wyatt Brothers, #1)
  • His Big Offer
  • Trucker (The Good Guys)
  • Having Faith (Callaghan Brothers, #7)
  • Justice for Landee (Police and Fire: Operation Alpha; Bluegrass Bravery #6)
  • Taken (Undone, #4)
  • Sinful (Undone, #2)
  • Unraveled (Undone, #2.5)
  • Debauched (Undone, #3)
  • Elite (Elite Doms of Washington #1)
The first time Anna tried to read a romance novel, her hair caught on fire when she leaned over a candle to sneak a peek at her mom’s Harlequin. She thinks being hit on the head with a shirtless Fabio until the smoke cleared is what sparked the flame for her love of romance.
Anna was born in Wisconsin, but currently lives in Texas with her husband and two boys. She writes sexy romance that always

It's Kind of Personal (5 books)
  • Make Me Forget (It's Kind of Personal, #1)
  • Prove Me Right (It's Kind of Personal #3)
  • Tell Me When (It's Kind of Personal #4)
  • Give Me This (It's Kind of Personal #6)