Start by marking “Arima (Haruki Arima Series, #2)” as Want to Read:
Arima (Haruki Arima Series, #2)

Arima (Haruki Arima Series, #2)

Haru.

Money. Kid. Fiancé.
Never thought I'd have any of them.

Six years ago, a careless mistake ended up giving me the greatest gift of all—my son. For Max, I abandoned my reckless, dark ways and embraced adulthood, fully intent on getting a promotion and securing a life for both of us.

I thought that's all I needed until Summer came into our lives and showed me what I was m
Kindle Edition
Published May 28th 2020

To ask other readers questions about Arima, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Arima

Start your review of Arima (Haruki Arima Series, #2)
Nelly
Jul 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The second installment has been just as beneficial as the first one.

Having read both books, I can’t emphasize enough how much I liked them.

This one was rammed packed with a steady relationship between, Summer and Haruki starts with page one and I once again I was hooked from that point forward. Growth was apparent this time around. Summer once again lets fear and insecurity that stem from her dealings with her mom clouded her brain.

Summer’s has a dependable friend in Darby, who was the listening
Cecilia
May 18, 2020 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition

The story itself is fine. It's a book about a young woman falls in love with a rich man while taking care of his child, and tries to better herself professionally even though she has many things going against her. As she prepares to marry the person she loves, many things go wrong. It's a great premise, very easy to hook the reader. Laine Watson's writing style is good. That being said, I didn't like this book
Angie Barnes
Jul 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Laine Watson has written a 5-star book. Summer and Haruki (Haru) are a couple and Summer's mom is not happy about her moving a few hours away with Haru and his son Max. Summer's mom is causing problems in Summer's relationship with Haru. Summer and Haru are planing their and Max's grandmother Miako on his mom's side is taking Haru to court for full custody of Max. Summer tries to get Haru to talk to Miako about the case and he tells her that she is not Max's mother and she doesn't know what he i ...more
Shannon
May 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Wow!! I really liked this book, Arima by Laine Watson. I loved Summer and Haru and Max. Summer's mom was very mean to her and I didn't like that. Summer really grew up between the first and this book. She took her role as mom very seriously towards Max. Haru and Summer still had their very steamy moments. I liked how Summer was very independent and liked to do things without anyone's help. But that she still craved her mother's love and attention. She gained a lot of confidence in this book. I r ...more
Veronica Moffitt
Aug 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Great book!

I really reading the end to Summer and Haruki's story. I just wish you got a but mire of the end. I wanted Summer to get a backbone she cried about her mom and the way she treated her throughout the whole journey. It gets tiresome at times. The intimate scenes were a bit to much at times. You never knew why the mother was the way she was and that was disappointing. But the story was believable and enjoyable. I truly recommend it. You will go on a journey that you will not forget. Thes
Pamela
Jul 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book was as engaging as the first. Haru and Summer's love journey continues. They encounter some internal and external obstacles that put their love and commitment to the test. As they deal with their problems, it demonstrates how much Summer and Haru have grown individually and as a couple. Both Haruki and Arima were thoroughly entertaining. Laine Watson is a great storyteller. I look forward to reading more books by this author.
Willie-mai
May 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
If you loved Book 1 (Haruki) then you will love Arima. Summer and Haruki's story continues in book 2 and it was awesome. It was well written with strong and developed plot lines. I adore Max, he made the book more enjoyable and deeper. I still despise Summer's mom for the treatment of her daughter. Arima was an awesome book and I would highly recommend it.

Candy Edwards
Jul 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book was incredible! This was the second book of the Huruki Arima duet. I took a chance on this author and the results were ranking the books beyond five stars! This book continues with Huruki and Summer's story. I laughed, I cried. This book was very moving. Huruki and Summer have many obstacles ahead. Will they be able to make it through unscathed? This book is a must read and I highly recommend!
Jeanne Richardson
May 23, 2020 rated it really liked it
This is the 3rd book I've read written by Laine Watson; she has done a great job at writing a good book; I can’t wait to read more of her books.

I loved the characters.

Princess Roni
Aug 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
OK, so I liked the books but I couldn't decide if I liked Haru half way through and I didn't like the way he acted half the time. Then there was Summer, everytime she talked about her mom it made me cringe, she was very codependent while still talking a big game. Don't even get me started on Mrs. Vaughn I could have slapped her up and down a street.

Overall, well written and I liked it.
Kathleen Bradbury (Bulfon)
May 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I just loved this book. It was so well-written that it captured my mind and I was dragged along for the ride. Once I started reading I could not put it down until I read the last page.

Elvira
May 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Overall a great read. I had a great time reading this book and getting to know the well developed characters with plenty. I would definitely recommend. Looking forward to the next book.

Justen Perkins
Jul 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Getting to read where their life takes them was inspiring. This story had real emotions and real problems that you can place yourself in their shoes. Great read
Danielle Marlowe
May 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this story. It was filled with many emotions. The characters' journey will take you on a rollercoaster.
Kim Dunn
May 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
This was a good read for me but I couldn't really get into at first but I actually ended up loving it. The author did a really good job with it
Sylveeah
Aug 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Haru

I read both books back to back. I gm a huge AMBW fan- Well done Ms.Watson WELL DONE! I look forward to your future works.
A. L.
Jun 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
If you loved the first book, then this book is the book to read. This part 2 is stunningly emotional and overwhelming, it is beautifully crafted and a stunning conclusion to this duet.
Suzannah
Jun 07, 2020 rated it it was ok
I can't give this book more than 2 stars. This author needs an honest editor. So many grammatical errors, verb tense problems that I felt like I was reading a junior high paper.
Dawn Schlicher
Oct 17, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Pretty good book. There was some parts that I thought was slow but overall it was good. I hated how Summers mother talked to her. I was happy to see that Summer stood up to her mother finally. It broke my heart that Summer was bullied in school.
Not sure why my review for book 1 is here for book 2 so here is my review for Arima:
Very good book! I was so glad to see Summer stand up for herself and fight for what she wanted. I’m a sucker for a happy ending. I couldn’t stop reading once I started. D
Sylvia Smith
natashia vanholten
Jun 05, 2020
TRACY KEGLER
Jul 09, 2020

• Cynda and the City Doctor: 50 Loving States, Missouri (QUARANTALES Book 1)
  • Billion Dollar Enemy (Billion Scandals #4)
  • Pressure: A Diamond Doms Novel (Diamond Doms, #4)
  • Unrequited (Surrender Book 2)
  • Billion Dollar "Friend" (Billion Scandals #3)
  • Loves Me NOT (Slade Brothers, #4)
  • Crash (Clark Family, #3)
  • Accidental Baby
  • The Poet X
  • Deliver us from Evil (The Sinners of Saint Amos #3)
  • The Bromance Book Club (Bromance Book Club, #1)
  • Sanmere Shifters: Paranormal Romance Collection
  • Her Dirty Rockers
  • Money Chaser
  • Billie and the Russian Beast: 50 Loving States, South Carolina (QUARANTALES Book 2)
  • Crave (Clark Family Series Book 1)
  • Baby Secret (Slade Brothers, #3)
  • Quarantine and Chill (AMBW standalone Romance)

News & Interviews