Start by marking “Love Hurts (Pure Sin Trilogy #1)” as Want to Read:
Love Hurts (Pure Sin Trilogy #1)

Love Hurts

(Pure Sin Trilogy #1)

Crystal Stephens is living the perfect life. She has everything she ever wanted except a man that will fulfill all her sexual wants and needs. She desires pain with her pleasure, and no one has come close to satisfying her. Now, she’s starting to give up hope of finding him.

Jackson Barnes needs a fresh start. Back on the job after a leave of absence, his focus is on his ne
Kindle Edition, 1st Edition
Published August 30th 2020

To ask other readers questions about Love Hurts, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Love Hurts

Start your review of Love Hurts (Pure Sin Trilogy #1)
Danielle Bricker
Aug 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
New author, Thetta James, takes us on an emotional rollercoaster ride with her debut novel, Love Hurts. Her characters are relatable and endearing. She made me laugh, she made me cry, she made me want to punch someone! Her storyline was exciting and dramatic. I would have never guessed this was her first book and I can't wait to read the rest of this series!! ...more
April Navarro
Aug 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
"Love Hurts", is the gripping debut novel of Thetta James, that will put you on a journey through all of your emotions! You will get the warm and fuzzies. You will curse and cry. You will sit on the edge of your seat but most of all you will be left wonderstruck!

Crystal Stephens has a lot going for her. She's the owner of a successful magazine, has two amazing best friends, and a boyfriend who loves her. Even with that, something is missing. Her humdrum relationship is a little too vanilla for
Valerie Strobel
Aug 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The words to describe how fantastic this book is escape me. I can’t believe this is her first book. It had me laughing and crying! Aroused and angry. Crystal and Jackson are perfect. The trouble they have is relatable and there are real emotions created when you read what they have to go through! Thank you Thetta for this sweet, romantic and oh so sexy read. I’ll be telling everyone about this one and if you’re reading this review you gotta read this. ❤️🔥🔥
Jennifer Gomez
Sep 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Wow! This book deserves more than 5 stars. I don't read blurbs and didn't know anything about this book before I read it. Thetta took me for one hell of a ride. She hit every emotion and then some. It pulled me in from the very first page and did not let go. It's been a few days and I'm still thinking about it

One of my favorite things about the book is the way Thetta gave these characters life. It's not the normal romance where the characters are so consumed by the other. No. Not at all. She di
Joce
Oct 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Looking forward to reading more

I loved Mina. Thetta can write one hell of a villain and man do I feel that woman's pain and darkness. I dont approve of the things she does but she's still one hell of a character. I applaud Thetta on this being her first book. I even found myself screaming at my tablet to warn the characters like they could hear me lol. Love Hurts will brings a verity of emotions to its readers that will stay with you longafter you finish.

I especially enjoyed Crystal and Jackso
Chassity Annette
Aug 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Listen you can't👏🏾 tell 👏🏾me👏🏾 this is a debut story by Author Thetta James. My thoughts are everywhere it was so MF good! First, Detective Jackson Barnes, Yesssss when a man knows what he wants and will stop at nothing in his pursuit of his Queen...swoon! Those green eyes, I completely understand Crystal's dilemma. Crystal Stephens is successful, beautiful, and secretly craving fulfillment. I absolutely loved the sweet and loyal friendship she has with Chassity and April. These three ladies lov ...more
Lisa Anderson
Aug 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A must read.... I received my book yesterday and couldn't put it down. Read the whole book... it is mind blowing..
Very well written and the storyline WOW !!!
Can not wait for the next book...
Night Owl Book Blog
Aug 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Thetta James has instantly hooked me with her sensational debut, the first in the Pure Sin Trilogy. I easily connected with her wonderfully written characters in the first few pages. Love Hurts captures everything that I love in a book. Insanely hot sexual chemistry, the humour found in the friendship between the ladies, real relationship development between the main characters, a suspenseful plot that pulls you right in and all of the emotions that go hand in hand with love. I absolutely recomm ...more
Judy Robichaud
Aug 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
LOVE HURTS IS JALAPENO HOT HOT HOT! GET READY TO BURN UP W/THIS BLAZING HOT EROTIC 5-STAR READ!

I've got to say that I was excited, not to mention honored to have received this advanced reader copy of Love Hurts, book 1 of the Pure Sin Trilogy from author, Thetta James. Each book in this series can be read as a standalone. Thetta James is not new to the romance book world community but is a debut author.

You can see from the blurb what the premise of the story is. I will try and not write s
Ida Jolley
Sep 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Love Hurts. Thetta you must feel proud of this book because it is absolutely amazing. Before anything else while I was reading this, along in my head I heard your voice reading this to me, no lie! It was your voice saying those words as I was reading your story and I could picture you there reading it.
Anyway, I loved Crystal and her roommates so much. What a great group of woman to have as friends, to have your back, to be there through thick and thin. Chas was a bada$$, always ready to defend
Kirsty Adams - Kindle Freak Book Blog
Stop the press! There is a new author in town! Thetta James has written a phenomenal debut book.

Love Hurts immediately gripped me and I felt so comfortable with Ms James’ writing style. Insta-love casts a spell on Crystal and Jackson and their journey has all the feels. I love it when characters invade my mind when real life interrupts my reading time, and Crystal and Jackson were never far from my thoughts. Relatable, likeable with normal human faults, they are both memorable and together, cap
Kim Whitehead
Sep 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Wow! What a debut! Thetta James has captured my attention with Love Hurts! You definitely need to buckle up because the pages were lit up by Jackson and Crystal! Erotic and sensual! Add in the suspense and chaos and you’ve got the perfect ingredients for a fantastic book! Heartfelt words of wisdom and explosive chemistry made for an exciting story! A sneak peek of what’s to come has me overly excited! Incredible!!
Tiffany (Bibliophile Babes Book Blog)
Get ready to feel all the feels

Thetta James has knocked it out of the park with Love Hurts.This book had mystery, intrigue, and just the right amount of drama. The chemistry between Crystal and Jackson was downright explosive. And her friends and his help round out a great cast of characters. From looking at the cover I was expecting a nice sweet love story but I got so much more. The writing hooks you from the start and keeps you enthralled until the last word. I love when a book surprises me b
Neshaisabookworm’s Book Review
5 amazeballs ⭐️’s

This is Thetta James’ debut novel and she knocked this shit right out of the park! It’s so fucking good and I’m not just saying that cause I love her.

You like suspense? This one’s for you!

You like erotica? Sexy times? Sex dungeons? This one’s for you?

You like sexy as fuck police detectives? This one’s for you!

You like badass and amazing women? This one’s for you?

You like a strong female friendship? This ones for you!

It’s sexy, suspenseful, and you won’t see half of what happens
Brenda
Nov 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Maybe Insta-love is real

This book will take you on an emotional rollercoaster! I didn't even finish the book before I had to message Thetta and apologize to get for calling her bad names as I cried and swore and felt ALL the emotions.
But now that I am finished, just WOW! First Thetta James book will most definitely NOT be my last! The girl knows how to keep you on the edge of your seat. And the steamy scenes???? Careful, because your Kindle might overheat!
Crystal and Jackson's story had a lot g
Sandra Valdez
Aug 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing
OMG

Girllll, u have found ur calling. For a first time author, u got it going on.
The plot had me wanting more right from the beginning. I wanted so much more, I hated for it end. A few misspellings, but a great read over all. A must read.. Can't wait for the next one.. Applauding u for ur greatness..
Courtney Soley
Sep 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Love Hurts: Pure Sin Trilogy...HOT. HOT. HOT

This book has everything from soft romance to hard erotic sex. The characters are full of life and solid on what they want-and what they don’t, but also soft and vulnerable. I can’t wait for the next book!!
Coco.V
Dec 22, 2020 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebie
🎁 FREE on Amazon today (12/22/2020)! 🎁
C.K. Marie
Aug 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
What a debut!
It's hard to describe my feelings because this book made me feel so much.
Crystal and Jackson have an instant attraction that quickly turns to love but in between the attraction and love, they endure an overwhelming amount of emotions.
Joy and sorrow... pleasure and pain... secrets and lies... vengeance and heartbreak... trust and forgiveness... and some very steamy, kinky, hot sex! Yes, Love Hurts has it all!!!
What a start to the Pure Sin Trilogy!!! Thetta James stepped up to the pl
Alicia Gonzales
Aug 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
WHAT A RIDE!!
This story gave me all the feels, I cried, I laughed, I cussed, and I never wanted it to end, Crystal and Jackson have a powerful connection right off the bat, and the chemistry is fire!!!!
LOVED Chasity and April, I can't wait to read what these girls get into next!! They are all strong, successful, independent women. Such an amazing group of characters!!!!
Stephanie
Aug 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I honestly can't believe this book is by a first time author. This book takes you through a gamut of emotions. You will feel love, hate, happiness, arousal, amusement and most definitely be completely enthralled with wondering what's going to happen next. Each page gives you something new. Crystal and Jackson have such an intense chemistry from the beginning. ...more
Kelly B
Aug 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Standing ovation for Love Hurts

Not only was I in great anticipation for this book, I didn’t expect to be captivated right after the first few sentences. Jackson and Crystal’s larger than life characters grabbed me and didn’t let me go. They’re successful, driven and yet grounded; stubborn, passionate and sexy as hell. The story’s are well thought out and I hated to get to the end. I loved it, 2 thumbs up and I’m ready for April and Javier journey. Thetta, you did that!
Diana Rose
Oct 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is my first time reading a book in the Erotic Suspense genre. To be honest, I was kind of curious about this book and I was wondering what made it an Erotic Suspense. Also, I was kind of unsure about buying the book as I never read such things but when I received this book as a gift I decided I would try it.

It didn’t take me long to fall in love with Thetta James’s characters. Crystal and Jackson have a connection like none I have ever read about. It feels like they are “one person,” which
jaclyn malkiewicz
Mar 20, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Hot romance and twisty suspense, makes this one perfect read!

This book popped up in a reading group I am in and I decided to give it a try. And I am so happy I did! This hit all the emotions, gave me the heat of a great romance and the thrill of a suspense. . . All with a happy ending!

I dont want to give too much away, because being book reading is what makes the book even better, but let me tell you these 2 main characters Crystal and Jackson are relatable and feel like real people you know. Cr
Deb Moncrief
Sep 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Love Hurts is the first book in the Pure Sin Trilogy by Thetta James. It is her debut book. And what a debut! I was hooked at the very beginning. I connected with the characters immediately. Crystal and Jackson are instantly attracted to one another. They certainly have chemistry. I thought the characters were well-developed. I liked how the secondary characters were part of the story rather than added as a backdrop.

There is suspense that is well-paced throughout the book. Thetta James' writing
Autumn Lee
Sep 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Are we sure this is her first book? Just kidding. Yes, I do know this is Ms. James's first book, but it definitely doesn't read that way! Each scene pulls you in with vivid descriptions and rich layering, creating an erotic tapestry that many seasoned authors don't readily achieve. I also felt a connection to every character, whether that be good or bad depended on the characters personality. And, believe me, they ALL have personality. I love the world Thetta James created, and hope to be able t ...more
Vanessa Fletcher
Dec 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Loved it

I really liked the book, as much as I hated Mina, I'm sad for the live she had and had to go through, even id she ended up being a horrible person. If she received proper mental health care, she might have bee fine. There is alot of underlying mental/anger issues, looking at the scene between Jackson and Crystal in the dungeon. He should never have gone into a scene in the state he was in.. but really enjoyed the book, and can't wait to read the other 2
Heather Steele
Jan 05, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Crystal and Jackson have chemistry from the minute she has a mishap with a treadmill. Someone from Jacksons past moves into the picture and all kinds of things happen, to the point she questions how she feels about Jackson. On the day he tries to end a big case for the police department all hell breaks loose. The ending was sad but also a happy ending. Easy to read. Great job.
Heather Poll
Aug 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I truly loved this book! The author wrote it in a way that draws you in, it captures your attention... allowing you to feel everything the characters do. I felt as though I were a part of their world! I cannot wait to read more from this author!
Lori
Sep 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Loved this!

If you aren't sure about reading a sexy, dark romance, I encourage you to give this a try! Definitely an adults only read that has a fantastic storyline to go along with it. It's hard to believe this is the author's first book! I can't wait for book 2!

• Hot Vegas Nights (The Trifecta, #1)
  • Stalkers
  • Slave (Club Oxygen, #4)
  • Dirty Vegas Nights (The Trifecta, #2)
  • ATrevido
  • Filthy Vegas Nights (The Trifecta, #3)
  • Mistress (Club Oxygen #3)
  • Beauty in the Beast
  • Sadist (Club Oxygen, #5)
  • The Prospect II (Chronicles of Crighton #2)
  • Family of Blue (The Weight of the Badge #1)
  • Plaything (Club Oxygen, #2)
  • Iron (Trial by Fire #4)
  • We're Made of Moments
  • Houndings of Hell (Chronicles of Crighton Spinoff)
  • The Prospect (Chronicles of Crighton #1)
  • Something Reckless (Dirty Southern Secrets #3)
  • Tyrant Twins
I've enjoyed books for as long as I can remember. Reading allows you to expand your mind and make you say, what if? Four years ago, I became a part of the Book World as a Blogger and The Erotic Book Review was born.

I love reading and listening to all genres, but I'm very drawn to Romance on the kinky side of things. I believe pursuing your passion brings out your creativity and allows endless pos

Pure Sin Trilogy (3 books)
  • Love Displayed (Pure Sin Trilogy #2)
  • Love Shared (Pure Sin Trilogy #3)

News & Interviews