Start by marking “Love Hurts (Pure Sin Trilogy #1)” as Want to Read:
Love Hurts (Pure Sin Trilogy #1)

Love Hurts (Pure Sin Trilogy #1)

Crystal Stephens is living the perfect life. She has everything she ever wanted except a man that will fulfill all her sexual wants and needs. She desires pain with her pleasure, and no one has come close to satisfying her. Now, she’s starting to give up hope of finding him.

Jackson Barnes needs a fresh start. Back on the job after a leave of absence, his focus is on his ne
Kindle Edition, 1st Edition
Published August 30th 2020

To ask other readers questions about Love Hurts, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Love Hurts

Start your review of Love Hurts (Pure Sin Trilogy #1)
Danielle Bricker
Aug 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
New author, Thetta James, takes us on an emotional rollercoaster ride with her debut novel, Love Hurts. Her characters are relatable and endearing. She made me laugh, she made me cry, she made me want to punch someone! Her storyline was exciting and dramatic. I would have never guessed this was her first book and I can't wait to read the rest of this series!!
April Navarro
Aug 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
"Love Hurts", is the gripping debut novel of Thetta James, that will put you on a journey through all of your emotions! You will get the warm and fuzzies. You will curse and cry. You will sit on the edge of your seat but most of all you will be left wonderstruck!

Crystal Stephens has a lot going for her. She's the owner of a successful magazine, has two amazing best friends, and a boyfriend who loves her. Even with that, something is missing. Her humdrum relationship is a little too vanilla for
Valerie Strobel
Aug 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The words to describe how fantastic this book is escape me. I can’t believe this is her first book. It had me laughing and crying! Aroused and angry. Crystal and Jackson are perfect. The trouble they have is relatable and there are real emotions created when you read what they have to go through! Thank you Thetta for this sweet, romantic and oh so sexy read. I’ll be telling everyone about this one and if you’re reading this review you gotta read this. ❤️🔥🔥
Jennifer Gomez
Sep 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Wow! This book deserves more than 5 stars. I don't read blurbs and didn't know anything about this book before I read it. Thetta took me for one hell of a ride. She hit every emotion and then some. It pulled me in from the very first page and did not let go. It's been a few days and I'm still thinking about it

One of my favorite things about the book is the way Thetta gave these characters life. It's not the normal romance where the characters are so consumed by the other. No. Not at all. She di
Chassity Annette
Aug 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Listen you can't👏🏾 tell 👏🏾me👏🏾 this is a debut story by Author Thetta James. My thoughts are everywhere it was so MF good! First, Detective Jackson Barnes, Yesssss when a man knows what he wants and will stop at nothing in his pursuit of his Queen...swoon! Those green eyes, I completely understand Crystal's dilemma. Crystal Stephens is successful, beautiful, and secretly craving fulfillment. I absolutely loved the sweet and loyal friendship she has with Chassity and April. These three ladies lov ...more
Lisa Anderson
Aug 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A must read.... I received my book yesterday and couldn't put it down. Read the whole book... it is mind blowing..
Very well written and the storyline WOW !!!
Can not wait for the next book...
Night Owl Book Blog
Aug 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Thetta James has instantly hooked me with her sensational debut, the first in the Pure Sin Trilogy. I easily connected with her wonderfully written characters in the first few pages. Love Hurts captures everything that I love in a book. Insanely hot sexual chemistry, the humour found in the friendship between the ladies, real relationship development between the main characters, a suspenseful plot that pulls you right in and all of the emotions that go hand in hand with love. I absolutely recomm ...more
Judy Robichaud
Aug 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
LOVE HURTS IS JALAPENO HOT HOT HOT! GET READY TO BURN UP W/THIS BLAZING HOT EROTIC 5-STAR READ!

I've got to say that I was excited, not to mention honored to have received this advanced reader copy of Love Hurts, book 1 of the Pure Sin Trilogy from author, Thetta James. Each book in this series can be read as a standalone. Thetta James is not new to the romance book world community but is a debut author.

You can see from the blurb what the premise of the story is. I will try and not write s
Ida Jolley
Sep 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Love Hurts. Thetta you must feel proud of this book because it is absolutely amazing. Before anything else while I was reading this, along in my head I heard your voice reading this to me, no lie! It was your voice saying those words as I was reading your story and I could picture you there reading it.
Anyway, I loved Crystal and her roommates so much. What a great group of woman to have as friends, to have your back, to be there through thick and thin. Chas was a bada$$, always ready to defend
Kirsty Adams - Kindle Freak Book Blog
Stop the press! There is a new author in town! Thetta James has written a phenomenal debut book.

Love Hurts immediately gripped me and I felt so comfortable with Ms James’ writing style. Insta-love casts a spell on Crystal and Jackson and their journey has all the feels. I love it when characters invade my mind when real life interrupts my reading time, and Crystal and Jackson were never far from my thoughts. Relatable, likeable with normal human faults, they are both memorable and together, cap
Kim Whitehead
Sep 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Wow! What a debut! Thetta James has captured my attention with Love Hurts! You definitely need to buckle up because the pages were lit up by Jackson and Crystal! Erotic and sensual! Add in the suspense and chaos and you’ve got the perfect ingredients for a fantastic book! Heartfelt words of wisdom and explosive chemistry made for an exciting story! A sneak peek of what’s to come has me overly excited! Incredible!!
Tiffany (Bibliophile Babes Book Blog)
Get ready to feel all the feels

Thetta James has knocked it out of the park with Love Hurts.This book had mystery, intrigue, and just the right amount of drama. The chemistry between Crystal and Jackson was downright explosive. And her friends and his help round out a great cast of characters. From looking at the cover I was expecting a nice sweet love story but I got so much more. The writing hooks you from the start and keeps you enthralled until the last word. I love when a book surprises me b
Neshaisabookworm’s Book Review
5 amazeballs ⭐️’s

This is Thetta James’ debut novel and she knocked this shit right out of the park! It’s so fucking good and I’m not just saying that cause I love her.

You like suspense? This one’s for you!

You like erotica? Sexy times? Sex dungeons? This one’s for you?

You like sexy as fuck police detectives? This one’s for you!

You like badass and amazing women? This one’s for you?

You like a strong female friendship? This ones for you!

It’s sexy, suspenseful, and you won’t see half of what happens
Kelly B
Aug 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Standing ovation for Love Hurts

Not only was I in great anticipation for this book, I didn’t expect to be captivated right after the first few sentences. Jackson and Chrystal’s larger than life characters grabbed me and didn’t let me go. They’re successful, driven and yet grounded; stubborn, passionate and sexy as hell. The story’s are well thought out and I hated to get to the end. I loved it, 2 thumbs up and I’m ready for April and Javier journey. Thetta, you did that!
Sandra Valdez
Aug 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing
OMG

Girllll, u have found ur calling. For a first time author, u got it going on.
The plot had me wanting more right from the beginning. I wanted so much more, I hated for it end. A few misspellings, but a great read over all. A must read.. Can't wait for the next one.. Applauding u for ur greatness..
Courtney Soley
Sep 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Love Hurts: Pure Sin Trilogy...HOT. HOT. HOT

This book has everything from soft romance to hard erotic sex. The characters are full of life and solid on what they want-and what they don’t, but also soft and vulnerable. I can’t wait for the next book!!
C.K. Marie
Aug 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
What a debut!
It's hard to describe my feelings because this book made me feel so much.
Crystal and Jackson have an instant attraction that quickly turns to love but in between the attraction and love, they endure an overwhelming amount of emotions.
Joy and sorrow... pleasure and pain... secrets and lies... vengeance and heartbreak... trust and forgiveness... and some very steamy, kinky, hot sex! Yes, Love Hurts has it all!!!
What a start to the Pure Sin Trilogy!!! Thetta James stepped up to the pl
Alicia Gonzales
Aug 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
WHAT A RIDE!!
This story gave me all the feels, I cried, I laughed, I cussed, and I never wanted it to end, Crystal and Jackson have a powerful connection right off the bat, and the chemistry is fire!!!!
LOVED Chasity and April, I can't wait to read what these girls get into next!! They are all strong, successful, independent women. Such an amazing group of characters!!!!
Stephanie
Aug 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I honestly can't believe this book is by a first time author. This book takes you through a gamut of emotions. You will feel love, hate, happiness, arousal, amusement and most definitely be completely enthralled with wondering what's going to happen next. Each page gives you something new. Crystal and Jackson have such an intense chemistry from the beginning.
Diana Rose
Oct 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is my first time reading a book in the Erotic Suspense genre. To be honest, I was kind of curious about this book and I was wondering what made it an Erotic Suspense. Also, I was kind of unsure about buying the book as I never read such things but when I received this book as a gift I decided I would try it.

It didn’t take me long to fall in love with Thetta James’s characters. Crystal and Jackson have a connection like none I have ever read about. It feels like they are “one person,” which
Deb Moncrief
Sep 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Love Hurts is the first book in the Pure Sin Trilogy by Thetta James. It is her debut book. And what a debut! I was hooked at the very beginning. I connected with the characters immediately. Crystal and Jackson are instantly attracted to one another. They certainly have chemistry. I thought the characters were well-developed. I liked how the secondary characters were part of the story rather than added as a backdrop.

There is suspense that is well-paced throughout the book. Thetta James' writing
Autumn Lee
Sep 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Are we sure this is her first book? Just kidding. Yes, I do know this is Ms. James's first book, but it definitely doesn't read that way! Each scene pulls you in with vivid descriptions and rich layering, creating an erotic tapestry that many seasoned authors don't readily achieve. I also felt a connection to every character, whether that be good or bad depended on the characters personality. And, believe me, they ALL have personality. I love the world Thetta James created, and hope to be able t ...more
Heather Poll
Aug 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I truly loved this book! The author wrote it in a way that draws you in, it captures your attention... allowing you to feel everything the characters do. I felt as though I were a part of their world! I cannot wait to read more from this author!
Lori
Sep 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Loved this!

If you aren't sure about reading a sexy, dark romance, I encourage you to give this a try! Definitely an adults only read that has a fantastic storyline to go along with it. It's hard to believe this is the author's first book! I can't wait for book 2!
Audra Ennis
Sep 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Jackson and Crystal... the beginning of a beautiful trilogy!

We never know where life will take us nor what it has in store. Crystal made forever friends of April and Chassity in college. Their love and support of each other made their dreams of the future easily attained. When Crystal's goal of a #1 magazine is within reach she comes up for a special award. In the process of a special promotion she also meets Jackson, the most riveting man to come into her life. Their story is so much more than
Stacey Bates
Sep 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
What a debut

What a great debut from Thetta James, if I hadn’t known this was her first book, I don’t think I would have believed it. I connected with the characters and wanted to hang out with them. Can’t wait for the next one!!
Bambi Bloomfield
Sep 11, 2020 rated it really liked it
4 sinful stars

This debut novel by Ms. James is definitely a page turner! I loved the intense connection and chemistry between Crystal and Jackson, I'm a sucker for Insta love stories! I'm looking forward to reading more from this author!
Brandi Brewer
Sep 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Amazing debut by Thetta James

The characters are relatable and real. This story spoke to me on so many levels. I feel like I have been Crystal so many times. You can feel Jackson’s emotions at every twist and turn as well. Can’t wait for more great things from this author.
Sharilyn Russell
Sep 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful

This freshman book by this author is a great start for her career. The book is very detailed and the story is a page turner. I am anxious for her next book
The Reviewer
Oct 01, 2020 rated it liked it
Cover; Pretty. Not an ounce of originality. A problem with the indie world and Mr Canva.

Writing; She has a lot to learn, but as a first effort, good.

Would I read a sequel? Yes

Would I read other books by either author? Yes

My rating. 3.5/5

• ATrevido
  • Beauty in the Beast
  • Dirty Vegas Nights (The Trifecta, #2)
  • Family of Blue (The Weight of the Badge #1)
  • Filthy Vegas Nights (The Trifecta, #3)
  • Hot Vegas Nights (The Trifecta, #1)
  • Mistress (Club Oxygen #3)
  • Plaything (Club Oxygen, #2)
  • Sicko
  • This Love Hurts
  • The Prospect (Chronicles of Crighton, #1)
  • The Interview
  • El Diablo II
  • El Diablo (The Devil, #1)
  • Stories of September
  • The Initiation (Filthy Rich Americans #1)
  • The Obsession (Filthy Rich Americans, #2)
  • KANE (BLOOD IN BLOOD OUT Book 1)
I've enjoyed books for as long as I can remember. Reading allows you to expand your mind and make you say, what if? Four years ago, I became a part of the Book World as a Blogger and The Erotic Book Review was born.

I love reading and listening to all genres, but I'm very drawn to Romance on the kinky side of things. I believe pursuing your passion brings out your creativity and allows endless pos

News & Interviews