Start by marking “A Year of Mindfulness for Beginners: Daily Mantras, Meditations, and Prompts” as Want to Read:
A Year of Mindfulness for Beginners: Daily Mantras, Meditations, and Prompts

A Year of Mindfulness for Beginners: Daily Mantras, Meditations, and Prompts

365 days, 365 ways to master mindfulness―a guide for beginners

Start your journey to living better, being present, and acting with intention today. A Year of Mindfulness for Beginners is the perfect choice for people looking to internalize the practice and develop beneficial, lifelong habits.

Featuring daily doses of affirmations, exercises, meditations, and inspiring quotes
Paperback
Published May 19th 2020 by Rockridge Press (first published May 5th 2020)

To ask other readers questions about A Year of Mindfulness for Beginners, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Year of Mindfulness for Beginners

Start your review of A Year of Mindfulness for Beginners: Daily Mantras, Meditations, and Prompts
Ell
May 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
Such a quick and easy read in the mornings to center your thoughts. There are inspiring quotes and declarations combined with thought=provoking journal prompts. This is a great book for those starting out on their mindfulness journey.
Vicky
May 25, 2020 rated it liked it
Thoughts: The book contains a lot of inspirational quotes from people like Norman Vincent Peale, Martin Luther King Jr., Mark Twain, and more. It also has affirmations for you to use to help with stress and become more centered. It also stresses that mindfulness “is a part of every decision. It is a philosophy of life. Mindfulness is the nonjudgmental awareness of your thoughts, actions, and the world around you.” (Lee Papa). With that in mind, some of the things in the book were a little too “o ...more
Kailey (Luminous Libro)
May 08, 2020 rated it it was ok
Shelves: non-fiction
This book includes inspirational quotes from famous people like Nikola Tesla and Eleanor Roosevelt. I really loved these interesting quotes from a wide variety of people!

Most of the meditation prompts and guidance in this book are innocent reminders to release stress, focus on what is important, believe in yourself, and allow yourself to relax. But sometimes there will be a weird one that made me wonder about the underlying philosophy that is being taught in this book. It is very focused on self
Tom Law
May 26, 2020 rated it liked it
Lee Papa set an audacious challenge for herself. Her goal, in this book, is to give the reader a daily dose of thought provoking “mantras, meditations, and prompts”. Although there are 365 ideas presented, not all of them are equal and some fall flat leaving you wondering what you really should think about that day. Often it is just a phrase that is to be repeated or an idea to be thought about throughout the day.

On the other hand, there are some real gems hidden in these pages which cause the r
Cary Morton
May 11, 2020 rated it liked it
I received a copy of this book directly from the author/publisher in exchange for an honest review.

A Year of Mindfulness For Beginners by Lee Papa is a neat little book if you are looking for a gift to give a friend. It is packed full of quotes, daily meditation exercises, mantras, and prompts. If you are the sort of person who finds it useful to be reminded to take time out of your day to be more mindful, this is a fantastic option for you.

That being said, I don't think this book was for me. I
Cozy Cat Reviews
May 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I utilize mindfulness and was pleased to receive this book for review. Thank you to the publisher and to Net Galley for the opportunity. My review opinion is my own.

I found this a very inspiring useful book. The author has included meaningful quotes and daily affirmations for each reader to benefit from. I enjoyed the exercises and how the author incorporated self care as a priority .
This is a great guide for beginners yes but also for anyone that utilizes the benefits of mindfulness. It would
Cover Lover Book Review
May 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I love all things inspirational, meditative, and positive. And A Year of Mindfulness for Beginners falls smack dab in there!

This is a neat little book that packs a big punch with 365 entries to practice your daily walk toward mindfulness. The quotes are wonderful, the exercises are designed for beginners, and the inspirations and meditations will last a lifetime!

Great for a gift, but I want to keep mine.

I received a complimentary copy from the publisher.
Johanna Sawyer
Oct 27, 2020 rated it really liked it
A year of mindfulness in a 365 year calendar. A task, quote, thought, or an opinion that spans a year using the theory of mindfulness. Some of the tasks require writing in a journal or notebook, some just require reflection. It starts on January first, but you can probably start on whatever day you want but it’s for beginners. An easy gift or just some great grounding techniques to help you.

I received a complimentary copy to read and voluntarily left a review.
Melissa
May 14, 2020 rated it liked it
A Year of Mindfulness for Beginners is meant to be used as a daily reading. It gives thoughts, quotes, directs reflections and things to try throughout the whole book. It would be a cute gift or coffee table book. For me personally, I most likely won't use it. Maybe if it were in the form of a calendar...

**I received a free copy of this book from the publisher in the hopes that I would provide an honest review. I am under no obligation to review.
SOMDReigel
May 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
Features daily affirmations, exercises, meditations, and inspiring quotes guiding you to be more aware of yourself. Can be used year after year. Nice size book, good for bedside or side table. Printed on heavy paper, Easy to follow. Some of the “exercises” offer a resource for more information. Those are easily found in the Resource section with websites.
Reviewed by Comfy Chair Books (May 20, 2020)
ARC received from publisher via Callisto Publishing Club
Jenny Houle
Jul 17, 2020 rated it really liked it
This book was great, yet I had one issue with. It’s not 365 prompts, but instead dated ones, which leaves one feeling like they can only start it on January 1st. At the same time, that makes it a GREAT holiday gift for someone looking to turn over a new leaf.
Michelle
May 18, 2020 rated it really liked it
Love these daily reminders of mindfulness! I will be looking at this book constantly. But I wish there was more of an introduction, especially for those beginners.
Cassandra
May 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I received a complimentary copy.

A quick book that has a date and either a quote or message or something positive and simple.
Anna
Emily Daniels
Aug 06, 2020
Nerice Kaufman
Aug 14, 2020

• Everyday Stress Relief: Essential Techniques to Boost Emotional Resiliency and Improve Your Health
  • The Story of Jane Goodall: A Biography Book for New Readers (The Story Of: A Biography Series for New Readers)
  • Zoo Animals: A Search and Find Book for Kids
  • Ocean Animals: A Search and Find Book for Kids
  • Weight Training for Women: Exercises and Workout Programs for Building Strength with Free Weights
  • The Story of Alexander Hamilton: A Biography Book for New Readers
  • Self-Care Check-In: A Guided Journal to Build Healthy Habits and Devote Time to You
  • Dinosaurs! My First Book About Carnivores (Dinosaurs! + Beyond Dinosaurs!)
  • Actually, the Comma Goes Here: A Practical Guide to Punctuation
  • The Book of Lost Friends
  • The Baby Sleep Plan: Sleep Train Your Way to a Happy and Healthy Baby
  • The Sleep Workbook: Easy Strategies to Break the Anxiety-Insomnia Cycle
  • Ocean Life!: A Coloring and Activity Book for Kids
  • True You: A Self-Discovery Journal of Prompts and Exercises to Inspire Reflection and Growth
  • A Parent's Guide to Manners for Kids: Lessons, Games, and Activities for Home, School, and Beyond
  • 1,2,3, Animals! A First Counting Book for Toddlers