Start by marking “The Segonian (Aldebarian Alliance, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Segonian (Aldebarian Alliance, #2)

The Segonian

(Aldebarian Alliance #2)

New York Times bestselling author Dianne Duvall brings readers the second stand-alone novel in a thrilling new sci-fi romance series full of action, humor, and happily-ever-afters.

Eliana's life has never been what one might term ordinary. At least, it hasn't been for a very long time. As a powerful Immortal Guardian, she spends her nights hunting and slaying psychotic vamp
ebook, Kobo, 435 pages
Published January 19th 2021

To ask other readers questions about The Segonian, please sign up.
Dianne Duvall The Segonian will release in ebook, audiobook, and paperback on January 19, 2021. I hope you'll enjoy it!…moreThe Segonian will release in ebook, audiobook, and paperback on January 19, 2021. I hope you'll enjoy it!(less)

Start your review of The Segonian (Aldebarian Alliance, #2)
Abbi
Jun 04, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Can’t wait for this book to come out. The teaser at the end of the Lasaran!! Omg

Edit 8/5/20: I find myself just randomly thinking about this book at least once a week. The teaser has me so hooked. Updates from Dianne’s reader group are that this book is due prior to the end of 2020, so we should have it this year :)

Edit 11/1/20: Dianne has finished writing the book! It’s with her editor and they are getting Kristen Potter scheduled for narration. We should have a release date and pre-order soon!
☕️Kimberly  (Caffeinated Reviewer)
This is the second audiobook in the Aldebarian Alliance and it picks up exactly where The Lasaran ended. While this is a spinoff of the Guardian Immortals series, this series holds its own and takes us into deep space where we meet new worlds, new races, and danger.

I love this series from the ships and technology to the characters, camaraderie, humor and passionate romance.

Eliana is this wonderful combination of heart, warrior and honesty. Not spiteful, she just blurts out her thoughts. From her
Noe
1/22: 3 stars

I was really looking forward to this book. I loved the teaser at the end of The Lasaran and I really enjoyed the Immortal Guardians series, but I have to say this was disappointing.

The writing was fine, but the story was very meh. The characters honestly kinda boring and the book was repetitive. The amount of time that Eliana just said “Cool, I want one” and spoke about spicy food was just too much. I get making it a joke, but honestly the entire book is the same thing every chapte
Nadene  (Totally Addicted to Reading)
I received this book for free in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.This story was the bomb. After my experience with The Lasaran, I had high expectations for The Segonian and Duvall did not fail in her delivery. Add in the narration by Kirsten Potter and I found myself transported to a fascinating world filled with danger, romance, humour and wonderful discoveries.

The Segonian, which told Eliana and Dagons’ story began where T
Ira
3.75 stars.

It’s Lost In Space 2021! 😂
I watched the series on telly eons ago, but I love more the 1998 cinema version with Gary Oldman in it, 😍😘.

So, Eliana is really lost in space and Dagon tried very hard to find her before she ran out of the oxygen, which she did. That’s part of story is very interesting.
However once she was on the ship, nothing much happened, just more about she familiar herself with the crew and the ship. And Dagon is too bloody sweet for a hero and tad boring for my taste! 😬
Mei
Mar 02, 2021 rated it really liked it
Shelves: sf
I like this mostly because of the heroine! She's hilarious!
I liked how she was ever so fun and so positive! She was also kind and really friendly with everybody.
Edwina " I LoveBooks" "Deb"
I have mixed feelings about The Segonian. I knew the next story in The Aldebarian Alliance series would be a hard act to follow after bk1. The Lasaran.

For me the first half or more of the story moved slowly. I am not sure I like the way Eliana was portrayed. She acted at times like a kid let loose in a the candy store. Immature! I couldn't take her serious.

I loved Dagon and all of the Segonians. I would have liked to have the story centered around them landing on there home planet and how Elia
Rain
*2.5* I loved the idea of this story so much, but the immaturity of the h completely ruined this for me. For being an immortal over 600 years old, she's acts like an adolescent trying to impress all the boys. I think she said "that's so cool, I want one!" about a thousand times. The romance felt really flat and I was so bummed about the overall story. It could have been SO GOOD with a much more mature h, and a storyline with something actually happening! ...more
Lorna
5 star story 5 star Narration by Kirsten Potter. Excellent second book in this spinoff series from Duvall’s Immortal Guardians. It takes place in outer space for the most part.

When an immortal guardian female meets a Segonian warrior captain sparks definitely fly and romance isn’t far behind. After the spaceship she’s in is totally blown apart, Eliana finds herself clad only in a spacesuit and is drifting in space by herself. Dagon is on the ship that first hears about the ship exploding and is
Ellen
Love it

I absolutely love this amazing story.
It has everything you could want in a space adventure . It has action, danger, humor, aliens, great secondary character and a great couple that makes this story so good that I couldn’t put it down.
This series is going to be just as good or even better than the Guardian Immortal series.

AvidReader
Jan 22, 2021 rated it it was amazing
A very entertaining and adventurous sci-fi romance with a kickass- badass earthling heroine and strong silent Segonian Commander.
So many secondary characters that stole my heart. Eagerly looking forward to read more from this series.
Completely safe and absolutely recommend.
˚✧₊⁎ѕαи∂у⁎⁺˳✧༚
Yes! 👏 This is my type of science fiction romance!

Action, action, humor, and some love. 😍💕 This has been a thrilling and exciting adventure! Geez! All the different feelings! I couldn't wait until midnight for just a few pages. Needless to say, I went through the work day without sleep. Even in the slow pace moments, one could not walk away. This is an exemplary novel. The five star 🌟 rating system is too low.

When it comes to science fiction and romance, Dianne Duvall is the best! It's action
Carol orr
Paranormal alien romantic thriller

No plot spoilers
No potential triggers
There are no grammatical or editorial errors that I can recall.
Holy cow, not to sound like some sort of fan geek but this book is absolutely everything I wanted it to be.
To obtain the best read it is better to start at the very beginning with A Sorceress of His Own because not only are those two books fantastic they also provide the opportunity to see the backstory develop leading into the Immortal Guardians series and then o
Deb
Feb 07, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sci-fi-romance
5 stars ⭐️

Yep, another winner Dianne Duvall. Although I thought this one was a bit slower off the mark than the first one in this series, it did start to get going eventually. Plenty of action, comedy, and love struck not once but twice. Can’t wait for book no. 3.
Lucy Dosch (EBookObsessed)
Jan 14, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
After meeting Eliana in Broken Dawn and reading the first few teaser pages after The Lasaran, I couldn’t wait to get my hands on The Segonian and once again, Dianne Duvall didn’t disappoint me. The Segonian dives further into Dianne’s unique galaxy far, far away, introducing us to even more interesting characters and shows the galaxy just how much fun an Earth girl can be.

In Broken Dawn, we met Eliana and were delighted by her lively nature and humor. She does what she can to protect her fellow
Flora
A Stellar Adventure In This Sci-fi Romance Series.

I’m already a big fan of Dianne Duvall’s books but sci-fi is not my usual reading genre. However, I love Dianne’s writing style, the language she uses and the way she paces her plots.

I was drawn into this story and remained hooked throughout.

We’d already met our leading lady, Eliana, in The Lasaran and Broken Dawn. The soft spot I had for her only grew as this story progressed. She was perfect. Eliana displayed all the traits that I need a prota
Kat
Jan 22, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Drama, Action, Romance, Humor & just amazing!

The Segonian is worth the wait, as are any of Dianne Duvall's books! This book takes you through a gamut of emotions, has action throughout & you will NOT regret choosing this book to read. The Segonian is such a fantastic read, it's a love story that's also filled with amazing, very imaginative types of alien's, their technologies & planet discriptions. This book can be read alone but is a MUST for Dianne Duvall's "Immortal Guardians" fans. For me, I
Nancy Williamson
Dianne Duvall is my favorite author and she doesn't disappoint in her new series. The crossover to space is a creative work of art. Dagon and Eliana are perfect together. Everyone on the ship is amazed at her abilities and its so Eliana to have made friends with everyone. The trials in order to save Ava from the Gathendians is astounding. But Eliana and Dagon get closer and closer. I think they have found their life mates. He becomes protective but allows Eliana to do what she does best. Kill th ...more
Cailin
Jan 19, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Woo-hoo for space heros!!!

High octane adventure from start to finish awaits you in this book! With an abundance of imagination and evocative imagery, this story absolutely pulls you in and keeps you engaged. I don't want to spoil anything, so I'll just say the characters are memorable and lovable, the plot itself stellar (couldn't resist), the pace moves right along, looooads of action and humour more than keep you entertained, and the romance is sweet and sexy. I never wanted the book to end an
Suvi
Oct 18, 2020 rated it liked it
As of yet no release date in Amazon. The waiting kills me at times !!
Been looking forward to reading this book ever since I read the teaser in 'The Lasaran' .
The picture of Eliana floating around - alone - in the vast endless space , talking to Commander Dagan , pops up in my mind at odd random moments. Gives me the chills .
A part of me knows what'll happen next (it's a novel after all !) but I still need to read it !! It has to be read !!
Donna
Jan 23, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Dianne Duvall has been a one-click purchase for me since the beginning and this new series is just as good as the Immortal Guardian series. Of course Dagon is as yummy as all of her heroes, but Eliana stole the show for me in this one - her interactions with the crew of the Ranasura had me laughing out loud at times. Highest recs and if Dianne's writing is new to you, congratulations. You have a ride ahead of you! ...more
Paranormal Kiss
Jan 19, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I have been anxiously awaiting this book since I read the preview for it at the end of the first book, and what a preview it was! I'm happy to say that it was as good as I had hoped it would be. I absolutely loved it! Eliana and Dagon were fantastic characters and a great couple. Their story was both entertaining and endearing. I loved everything about it and I cannot wait to read the next book! ...more
Jessica Vigen
Jun 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Omg way to excited, can’t wait for more and more, I am such a glutton for these books
Roza
Jul 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Oh GOODNESS! I can't wait for this book to come out.
Pleassssse make it happen soon miss Duvall.
That teaser killed me
Janet Faes
Jan 19, 2021 rated it it was amazing
So awesome! Loved this book. Dagon and Eliana are perfect for each other. She needed a strong partner who trusted her in a fight and he needed someone who could live with a military man.
Daisy Salazar
Jan 21, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Omg I loved it I been waiting for this book since she gave us a glimpse on book 1 ... I love the characters is everything I been waiting for... I hope there’s more
Inna
Nov 03, 2022 marked it as dnf
This story had too many references to the Immortal Guardians series and didn't make this series feel like a standalone. I was getting irritated because I wasn't understanding the nuance and decided to DNF @35%.

Maria
Jan 22, 2021 rated it it was amazing
So I have been not so patiently waiting on this book since I read the blurb for it last year.

Eliana, who was on her way to Lasaran with some gifted ones and a few other Immortal Guardians, finds herself literally floating in space. She is awakened by a voice in her ear. Thus begins the friendship between her and Dagon, commander of the Segonian ship Ranasura, he is part of a fleet searching for survivors. They know there has to be some as escape pods were deployed and none have been found...yet.
ReadToBreathe
Sep 09, 2021 rated it really liked it
4.5 Stars
This book was full of fresh information and adventures. I enjoyed it a lot.
Hot Space Dudes!!

This book was a action paced space adventure. At the end if the last book poor Eliana was floating in space alone and injure.
Dagon intercepts a destress call and races to save her but knows there is no way he can make it in time.

There voices are her lifeline.

“You aren’t at all intimidated by my soldiers, are you?” “No. Should I be?” “They are all fierce warriors.” She grinned. “I am, too.”

Eliana is brave and up beat. Her humor and love for life just make this story incredible.

“Y
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »

• Garrett's Destiny (Dark Protectors, #15)
  • On the Hunt (The Sentinels, #2.5; Immortal Guardians, #5.5; Underworld Detection Agency, #6.5; The Scorpius Syndrome #0.5)
  • WOLF (Stope Packs #1)
  • Facets of Revolution (The Firebird Chronicles, #4)
  • Overlord (Galactic Kings #1)
  • Ryker (The Protectors Series #23)
  • Dark Class (Class 5, #5)
  • Only Bad Options (Galactic Bonds, #1)
  • Fall of Night (Midnight Breed, #17)
  • The Torid Affair (Veslor Mates, #5)
  • Emperor (Galactic Kings #2)
  • Predatory (The Sentinels, #0.5, Immortal Guardians, #3.5)
  • Ancient Enforcer (Ancients Rising, #3)
  • Rebel's Karma (Dark Protectors, #13)
  • Bjorn Cursed (Forgotten Brotherhood, #4)
  • Mission: Planet Biter (Veslor Mates, #4)
  • Storm Echo (Psy-Changeling Trinity, #6; Psy-Changeling, #21)
  • Hunter: Desert Hunter / Alien Hunter / Galactic Gladiator Christmas  (Galactic Gladiators)
Dianne Duvall is the New York Times and USA Today Bestselling Author of the acclaimed Immortal Guardians series, the exciting new Aldebarian Alliance series, and The Gifted Ones series. She is known for writing stories full of action that keeps readers flipping pages well past their bedtimes, strong heroes who adore strong heroines, lovable secondary characters, swoon-worthy romance, and humor tha ...more

Aldebarian Alliance (4 books)
  • The Lasaran (Aldebarian Alliance, #1)
  • The Purveli (Aldebarian Alliance, #3)
  • The Akseli (Aldebarian Alliance, #4)

News & Interviews

The internet, on balance, has been something of a mixed-blessing for our species. But one thing everyone agrees on: It’s a great place to watch...
“Maarev winked. “I say we let them dock then hurl Eliana at them and let her kill them all while the rest of us sit back, relax, and eat what’s left of the jarumi nuggets.”

She laughed. “No way, buddy. Those jarumi nuggets are mine.”

The big warrior chuckled. “I notice you didn’t object to the killing part.”

“Because jarumi nuggets mean more to me than Gathendiens.”
3 likes
“The infirmary door slid up.

Maarev poked his head out. He glanced up and down the hallway, inspected the walls, then focused on Dagon and Eliana, still standing in each other’s arms. He arched a brow. “Just thought I’d check to see if Eliana was out here punching holes in the walls. We have a wager going.”

She offered him a wry smile. “No. Dagon calmed me down.”

A twinkle of amusement entered the warrior’s eyes as he stepped out. “So I see. With a hug, apparently.”

Liden joined them in the hallway. A boyish grin lit his rugged features as he held out his arms. “Need any more calming down?”

She laughed . . . even as a low growl of irritation rumbled up from Dagon’s throat. “No, thank you.” Reluctantly stepping back, she took Dagon’s hand and twined her fingers through his. “We have a saying on Earth: Go big or go home.” She tossed Dagon—the tallest man present—a wink. “I’m going big.”

He grinned.”