Start by marking “Sanctum (Blackwater Pack, #1)” as Want to Read:
Sanctum (Blackwater Pack, #1)

Sanctum

(Blackwater Pack #1)

A survivor on the run

Barely escaping with her life, Skye Markham and her mother flee their sadistic pack and seek sanctuary within Blackwater. Against all odds, Skye tries to create a new life for herself. A life she thought only existed in dreams is now within reach.

An alpha with a pack to protect

Remy Holt has spent years guarding his pack - his family - from threats as t
Published August 2020

To ask other readers questions about Sanctum, please sign up.
Joanne That's a tough one. I would consider this more YA BUT there are trigger topics like rape and a graphic sexual scene that wasn't consensual and involve…moreThat's a tough one. I would consider this more YA BUT there are trigger topics like rape and a graphic sexual scene that wasn't consensual and involves blood. (less)

Start your review of Sanctum (Blackwater Pack, #1)
Hannah McBride
May 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
I mean, I wrote it and I love it. I hope you will love it, too!
Bitchin' Reads
Jul 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I've been sitting on my thoughts for this book because I wanted to be 100% sure that these are my long-term thoughts and feelings and not influenced by excitement and the freshness of the story's drama. So here I am. I want to start off explaining why I kept getting some serious Twilight vibes:
-wolf shifters
-Washington state
-the intensity of the relationship between Skye and Remy, very reminiscent of Bella and Edwards
-the intensity of some of the situations and the plot twists
I tried reviewing t
Valerie
Jul 24, 2020 rated it really liked it
My very favorite books are paranormal shifters. And this one? The strong characters captured my heart and the compelling story kept me turning the pages of this amazing debut read. It's such a breath of fresh air to be so comfortable in a story so fast. I wanted every detail and I wanted to kick some shifter hind end!

I am a very character driven reader. I have to care about them and believe they are real. It became very clear, very quickly with Sanctum that I not only cared about these characte
Resch Reads
Aug 21, 2020 rated it really liked it
*Book Received in Exchange for Honest Opinion/Review*

I am deceased! You know the shifter world can be a finicky place, filled with insta-love and no real substance but Hannah McBride hit this book out of the park. How the heck is this only a debut novel?! I am officially obsessed with this world.

I went into the story feeling a little tepid, from the synopsis it seemed like Skye might be a big sob story. And while there is definitely a heavy undercurrent to her story, Skye is a strong herione. Fi
Indelicate Reviews by DD
Feb 26, 2021 rated it really liked it
WARNING: there is rape and triggering scenes in this book

Cons:
-Remy and Skye's mating was far to quick considering her backstory and trauma
-Skye continuously put herself in danger knowing full well what was going on. When others are being harmed and put in danger I really do not enjoy it being caused my a careless FMC. Kind of a pet peeve of mine...weak FMCs
-There is an issue with Skye's parentage for me it should have been resolved in book one. It is being drawn out to long.

Pros:
-McBride did a
Al *the semi serial series skipper*
The reviews on Amazon said this was not like all the other werewolf books, eh, it kinda was. There wasn't anything original about it. It was a pretty good book, I liked the length, enough time to get to know the characters but it felt like a story I had already read. ...more
Jen Isherwood
Aug 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
You guys!!! This book is seriously so freaking amazing!!! I looooooved it! I’ve been in such a book romance genre kick lately but I was constantly being told by friends how great this book was. (Yeah... some of my friends got her ARC... lucky bitches lol) So I pre-ordered this baby and as soon as it was released and sent to my kindle, I opened it up.
Now there are few authors that can hook my into their stories from the first few pages. Jennifer L. Armentrout, Rachel Van Dyken and Holly Black to
books are love
Aug 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Received in exchange for a honest review.

This book is really a few books in one with the multiple plots that work together. Hannah does an excellent job not mucking up the waters when it comes to the different stories and having them blend together. Her character and pack building is wonderful as well. She brings you into the story and has you feel and care. I love how this isn’t just about the shifter issues but real issues that teens face as well. Similar to how the Vampire Academy series by R
Imy♥♥
I wholeheartedly fell in love with this book!

The adventure Hannah McBride took me on while reading this, I can’t even put into words
. I couldn’t put this book down, I devoured it.

You know the books good when it’s descriptive in ways that have you walking around the house laughing out loud, being giddy, it’s captivating, has that shock factor, Has you wanting to know what happens next. This is the kind of book that deserves nothing less than a 5 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ rating.

Not only was the storyline fant
Kayleigh {K-Books}
Jul 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: paranormal
Sanctum Review on K-Books

“You don’t need a hero, Skye. You’re the strongest person I’ve ever met. The things you survived… You went through hell, and you’re still standing.”

Sanctum is without a doubt the most surprising read of the year so far for me. I hadn’t heard of this book until early July when my amazing bookish friend Vonetta asked if I would be interested in helping spread the word on release day. After agreeing to this Hannah McBride very kindly offered me an ARC. I didn’t really k
Danielle (The Caffeinated Book Addict)
I’ve got to say, this book seriously suprised me. This is Hannah McBrides first release and I would have never guessed had I not been told.

I absolutely love reading books about shifters. All kinds, but Wolf shifters are my favorite. There are some pretty dark themes in this book, but I wouldn’t necessarily call it a dark read. It is upper YA.

First of all, I instantly connected with Hannah’s writing. It was extremely easy to get hooked into the story and her characters are so well done and fles
Kim
It’s been a while since I read a shifter romance and although this falls into the YA category (and I feel like I am getting too old for that genre so I hardly read it anymore) this did not disappoint.

Skye and her mother went through a lot and I felt really bad for both of them. It’s been fun seeing her find her place and voice in a normal pack, along with some friends that quickly turned into family. I can’t wait to find out what happens next.
Genesis Sheli (Whispering Chapters)
What an amazing book by Hannah! This debut completely blew me away! Hannah’s writing lured me in from the get-go.

Skye is a female werewolf in a pack where females are only used for sex and breeding. But Skye and her mom get some of the worst treatments (TW) because they are Omegas. Just when Skye’s life was going to change for the worse, her mom and her are able to escape and arrive at another pack. Both are already jaded from their pack, so it will take a lot to get used to a pack where there’s
✿❀ Lauren, aka Coffee and the Bibliophile ❀✿

Y'all.

I swear it's like I've been gifted by the book gods and goddesses with 5 star reads.

Sanctum, by Hannah McBride...

Was AMAZING.

I've read my fair share of shifter romance. This is full blown YA, which isn't something I'm normally Gung Ho over since I like some steam, but y'all.

Skye and Remy were everything. Skye with her strength and perseverance. Remy with his love and compassion. The pack intricacies. The detailed and engaging storyline.

Gah!

Skye and her mother escape a horrible pack. They
Karla BookAddict2
I just found a new author to stalk and I'm not ashamed about it.

First of all I need to say that this book deals with quite a few dark subjects. Bullying, rape, violence against women, murder, among other things. So if you have triggers I just wanted to let you guys know.

That being said this book is perfect. Yes it deals with pretty dark stuff, but truly it is about so much more.

This book is about a road to self discovery, of self worth. It's about standing up when everyone is trying to push you
♡Julalicious Book Paradise♡
WORKING ON REVIEW!!

Seriously this a must-read book. I'm trying to type my review, but seriously this book got me through so many feels intensely, it's hard to find the right words to explain just how much I loved this book.
Amy
Oct 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
A great start to a new series. Parts of this book were really heavy and others lighthearted and fun. I maybe wanted a bit more edge or something to Remy- but overall really enjoyable!
Kelly
Dec 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
I'll definitely be reading the next book in the Blackwater Pack because I really REALLY want to know who Skye's father is. I'm looking forward to the big reveal. Hopefully it's in book 2. ...more
Asís González Córdoba
May 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, reviews
**Might edit later because of the amount of fangirlism this may have ended up with, but in the meantime, here it is**

I feel so lucky to say that I read an early version of this book. And then I got to read the ARC. And now I can already tell everyone that this book is making it to my top favorites of 2020 and I am never shutting up about it.

The characters were incredible. They all have an incredible backstory, and each has its own personality that completely flies out of the pages. They all have
Lisa
Aug 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing

First things first, thank you, Hannah, for providing me with an ARC. I got to read very early versions of the book and was beyond excited to see the final product. It’s no secret that I’m total trash for shifter books, but holy awesome. It’s hard to believe that this is Hannah’s debut novel.

The story follows a young female shifter who has been bo
thesebooksiread
Aug 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs
*Received an ARC in return for a honest review*

Sanctum took me by surprise and blew me away — I devoured every page and was completely captivated. The emotions, humor, relationships and loyalty are just a small part of what captivated me in this story. Skye is a heroine you fall in love with and the entire cast of amazing characters are embedded in my heart forever.

A total breath of fresh air that gave us everything we wanted and needed in a shifter book. Older storylines without sexual scenari
Pia Colon
Jul 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
“𝐹𝑜𝓇 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝒻𝒾𝓇𝓈𝓉 𝓉𝒾𝓂𝑒 𝒾𝓃 𝓂𝓎 𝑒𝓃𝓉𝒾𝓇𝑒 𝓁𝒾𝒻𝑒, 𝐼 𝓌𝒶𝓈 𝒽𝑜𝓂𝑒” Sanctum absolutely shredded me, literally ripped me apart and then Remy and Skye put all of the pieces back together again. Their story is devastatingly beautiful and left me crying and begging for more. @ideally_hannah created a brand new world in her debut series blackwater pack and let me tell you, I am obsessed! Skye is everything we didn’t even know we needed in a heroine, she is strong, fierce, devoted, UNBREAKABLE. She is a survivor. Afte ...more
Becci
Aug 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Oh my heart!!!

Please: if you’re considering this book, not sure whether to try it or not, PLEASE read it!
This is without a doubt the very best shifter romance book I’ve EVER read.
I can’t believe this is Hannah’s first book!!
I can’t explain how amazing these characters are, how well written the plot is.... there’s sensitive subjects dealt with, but if anything, the authors way of handling them will undoubtedly help those of us faced with these issues.
Every time u thought “oh that’s kinda pred
Daisy Delfin

Pages: 534
My rating: 3.5
Read other books by this author in the future: yes
MC: Skye, Remy
SC: Katy, Maren, Larkin, Rhodes, Tate, Dante, Ryder,Micheal, Zoe, Gabe, Mallory, Dax, Sam, Zara, Bella
Bad Guys Trace, Cassian, Linden

This book is really long and it had some parts, where I thought, that they could have been shorter. If you are not a fan of insta-love or soulmate then you should not read this book. Because it is part of the three book series. I enjoyed the book and was surprised that I got cau
Patricia's Book Kingdom
I am a big fan of werewolf shifter romance fiction so when my friends recommended this book to me, I leaped on it like bee does to honey. This book has completely blown me away, in the best way possible.
Invisibility was my ally in my daily game of survival.

Sanctum follows a girl named Skye who is an Omega in her pack. This means that she is at the bottom of the food chain and is often treated very cruelly by the other pack members. Suddenly things go from bad to worse and Skye and her mom h
Ideally.Portia
**I received this book for free from the Author in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.**

Let me step right out and explain that I don't have a deep well of shifter/werewolf genre knowledge to draw from. I have found very few urban fantasy or other style shifter books that I could get into. So I went into this a little bit nervous, because I wanted nothing more than to enjoy this book.

But ya'll.... I thoroughly enjoyed this. It i
lauren
Oct 23, 2020 rated it really liked it
Crazy good

I really enjoyed this read. It was a darker shifter story, with heart clenching triggers. It was a emotional rollercoaster that I found myself shedding tears one min, p****d of the next! Yet was swooning at how cute these two lovers were with one another. The drama and mystery doesn't end here in this book, and it drive's you a little mad because you want them all to pay. I have no idea where this book is heading but I honestly can't wait to find out.
☘ Lily ☘
So. I loved it. Sure, it turned mushy at some point. But damn, I loved these teens. I actually don't know if this book is even YA romance (because they're all in their teens but there are some light smut scenes ahead), maybe a NA? I hope so because I need to see their romance develop from here, and I mean not the fade-to-black one, if you know what I mean.

Skye is really one sweet heroine. She invoked protectiveness from me, like she was my own kid. She went through so much for a seventeen year o
Kristy
Aug 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
OH MY.. I saw a few recommendations for this book, I must admit, I was slightly apprehensive with it being a shifter book, BUT this was unbelievably amazing. I was sold within the first few pages. It was so refreshing to be drawn into a shifter book, and instantly fall in love with it. Give it ago!! You won’t regret it.

I loved the style of writing, and enjoyed the story telling so much.

I love the strong female characters in this book. So kickass, and it was exciting to read. The friendship bet
Elizabeth (Your Ordinary Bookworm)
!!!STOP!!! I cannot believe this is a debut novel! The writing, the plot, the character develop? Fantastic! It was soooo good. It’s been awhile that I literally could not put a book down and not stop thinking about it. I’ve got a paperback on the way now, the next book preorder and joined a Facebook group for the book. I’m addicted

Spoiler?* I love how the past trauma of Skye doesn’t just disappear after she meets someone like that magically makes it all better.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »

• Prey (Blackwater Pack #2)
  • Running from the Wolves (Wolfsbane, #1)
  • This Dark Wolf (Soul Bitten Shifter, #1)
  • Running Beside the Alpha (Wolfsbane, #2)
  • Wolf Roulette (Werewolf Dens, #3)
  • Shifter Wars (Werewolf Dens #1)
  • Shadow Mate (Wolf Moon Academy, #1)
  • Running with the Pack (Wolfsbane, #3)
  • Moon Claimed (Werewolf Dens, #2)
  • Wolves' Queen (The Royal Heir, #1)
  • Wolf Girl (Wolf Girl, #1)
  • Lost Girl (Wolf Girl, #2)
  • Moon Kissed (The Marked Wolf, #1)
  • Blood Legacy (Wolf Moon Academy, #2)
  • This Broken Wolf (Soul Bitten Shifter, #2)
  • Reclaimed (Shadow Beast Shifters, #2)
  • Aeternus (The Immortalle, #1)
  • Rejected (Shadow Beast Shifters, #1)
Hannah McBride has been many things in her life - a manager, a clinical research coordinator, a dreamer, a makeup brand ambassador, an event coordinator, a blogger, and more. But at heart, she's always been a writer, and in 2020 she decided to make it official with her first release, SANCTUM. ...more

Blackwater Pack (3 books)
  • Prey (Blackwater Pack #2)
  • Legacy (Blackwater Pack, #3)