Start by marking “Single - Deutsche Ausgabe” as Want to Read:
Single - Deutsche Ausgabe

Single - Deutsche Ausgabe

(Single Dads #1)

Ash will eine Familie und ist entschlossen, eine Leihmutterschaft zu Ende zu bringen, die er mit seinem Ex begonnen hat. Als er Baby Mia nach Hause bringt, schwört er sich, der beste Vater zu sein, den es gibt. Nichts auf der Welt ist ihm wichtiger, als sich um seine Tochter zu kümmern, nicht einmal eine Schwärmerei, die er aus Versehen für den Arzt nebenan entwickelt. Von ...more
Expected publication: June 2020 by Love Lane Books Ltd (first published June 14th 2019)

To ask other readers questions about Single - Deutsche Ausgabe, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Single - Deutsche Ausgabe

Start your review of Single - Deutsche Ausgabe
~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~
~3.5~

I really enjoyed the setup for this story and all the secondary characters we met, including Eric the firefighter and Leo the cop (Sean's friends and housemates) and the guys from the online Single Dads group. There are so many pairing possibilities, I'm positively giddy about it.

Single is very low angst with some light steam (only one scene), plenty of cuteness, and a lovely HEA.

My biggest issue, and the reason I'm not rounding up to 4 stars, is that Sean did all the work in pursuing Ash
☆ Todd

*sigh* Now I remember why I mostly stopped reading R.J. Scott books a while back. : (

My favorite stories always make me feel truly *deep* emotions, while charting at least somewhat-new territory.

And while Scott's books are technically "fine", they don't really pull much emotion from me at all.

I did like the two MC's on paper, both being very even-keeled, extremely nice guys; however, if I had to predict what happened in the book from just the blurb, before reading the actual book, I would've hit
Cadiva
Jun 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Well that might just be my favourite RJ romance yet. Single is a beautiful combination of just enough angst, with plenty of heart and a healthy dose of steam to keep things on the boil.

With a great sense of family, both blood and found, and a wonderful cast of secondary characters and interesting setting, this series is shaping up to be a cracker.

I loved Asher and Sean, I liked the slow burn of their friendship, coupled with the hot sexual attraction which smouldered for a while before bursting
Susan
While I liked this, it was sometimes a bit overly detailed on the baby front, and just a tad boring.

Ash thought he and his boyfriend both wanted children and that’s why they started the surrogacy. But then they broke up because apparently his boyfriend is a cheating scumbag who didn’t even want children.

So Ash decided to go forward with the surrogacy himself and now has a wonderful 6 week old baby, Mia.

But being a single parent is hard, so Ash isn’t getting enough sleep, is constantly worried so
Aki | nose buried in books | ❤️ |
3.5 stars rounded up
I had hard time warming up at Ash, but the story is really nice and sweet.
Recommended for an easy and no drama reading 😊
~nikki the recovering book addict
🙈

I’m sorry, I hate to do this to an author I like and whose books I enjoy but I did not like Ash at all. I know he’s a new single dad but he’s a little too neurotic. It could have been cute but for me, it went a little overboard and into neurotic territory. Then his mommy issues....sigh.... he was rather immature about it. He behaved more like a sullen teenager than a mature adult of 31. I get past hurts especially from family members and more so from one’s mother. But he was not willing to let
Karen
Jun 20, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Full review to follow soonish...

‘Single’ is the start of RJ Scott’s new series ‘Single Dads’...

Ash is the single dad we get to meet this time around. He didn’t plan it this way but his partner or the person who he thought was his partner decided that the whole family, parent thing just wasn’t for him…’whew’ thank heavens Ash and his sweet little baby girl, Mia dodged a bullet on that one.

While Ash had a moment or two when I admit he was a little hard to take, he was no where near as irritati
Tammy
2.5 ⭐'s for me. I wanted to like Ash because I felt bad for him having to raise his daughter on his own and his over protectiveness and self doubt as a parent was cute at first but as it dragged on throughout the WHOLE book it got annoying very quickly. He complained how lonely he was and joined a single father group but when his neighbor Sean wanted to become friends he just kept avoiding him until there was an emergency with his daughter Mia, and he only asked for help because Sean was a docto ...more
Nazanin
Jun 24, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: dnf
DNF at 50%.
I found it really boring and actually kind of exhausting to read. The relationship was also too insta.
Kirstin
Jun 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I absolutely fell in love with this story and couldn't put it down. It was sweet and tender and perfect.

All Ash had ever wanted was to be in love and have a family. He got the family part, so maybe love isn't truly necessary?

When Sean, a hot doctor, and his two best friends move in next door to Ash, the single dad of a newborn, things start off a bit harried. But Sean isn't a quitter and he fights his hardest for Ash to let him in.

This was everything you want in a romance. A sweet single dad, an
Ula'ndi Hart
Overall book rating: 3.5
Audio Book: N/A
Book Cover: 4

I forgot to mark this one as read.
Just a nice mellow story. No great drama to drive you nuts and
likeable characters.

I enjoyed it.
Barb ~rede-2-read~
Finally, an RJ Scott novel that gave me feels similar to those I got when I first read The Heart of Texas. I can’t pinpoint exactly why, but this refreshing story of a young man who moved forward with surrogacy after his life partner left and is now the proud—and exhausted—father of seven-week-old Mia gave me all the feels. Sleep deprived, his nerves shot, when he answers a pounding on his front door in the middle of the night, little does he know his life is going to take an upswing. And no, it ...more
Joyfully Jay
Jul 03, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kenna
A Joyfully Jay review.

What a sweet little book! I really enjoyed Single and I’m excited to tell you I wholeheartedly recommend it. I’m such a sucker for single dad stories, and I was definitely not disappointed here. I love both Ash and Sean. In fact, I fell for them right away. Ash’s fierce devotion to Mia warms my heart. His vulnerability and anxiety is palpable. This makes for one of my favorite type of characters. Sean? Doctors almost always push my buttons, and I considered myself
Jenny Wood
Jun 12, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Single dads… I am such a sucker for you….

Asher is a new dad who’s ex up and left the day before Ash’s surrogate gave him the good news that she was pregnant. That, mixed with an unsupportive borderline hateful mother, made Asher want to be the perfect dad for his little girl, who’s only a few weeks old when we meet them.

Sean, ER doctor that just moved in next door with his firefighter and cop friend, doesn’t make the best first impression when a drunk Eric shows up on Ash’s porch, throwing up
Silvia
Don't ever TALK to me this was too fucking cute I will give my resignation as a human and become the embodiment of the 🥺 emoji
Vfields Don't touch my happy!
At exactly the 50% point of this book I had to stop and think if I wanted to finish it. I did.
I could not connect to Ash no matter what I did. He was kind of a whiny, worrying, wishy-washy dude. J.R. Scott just never gave me a reason to connect to this character.
Sean, Mr. Sexy-Next-Door was something else all together. He did all the heavy lifting in this relationship.
I liked all of the secondary characters. I felt they had a purpose and a place.
Sadly, I was really kind of bored overall.
I can
Sheri
Jun 20, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: love-hate, meh
This was sweet and slow. Keyword...slow.
I tried to relax and go with the flow but I found it challenging at times.
I loved the premise. I loved the trio of first responders. I loved Mia. I loved Siobhan. And I loved Cap!
But there were also many things that I didn't care for.
My biggest problem was enjoying Ash.
I found him lovely at times and not-so-lovely other times.
I'm not exactly sure what Sean saw in him? I tried to see him through Sean's eyes and nope, still found him standoffish and rude
Paul
Jun 13, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another lovely RJ Scott read and a terrific start to a new series. I'm already hooked. Ash and Sean's story has all the feels you should come to expect from Ms. Scott and the story develops naturally and the secondary characters are all well written and make perfect sense in the story. I'm an unabashed RJ fan-boy, so I expected to enjoy this and was not disappointed. Looking forward to the next book!
I Dream of Dragons and Unicorns
This was just okay for me ... it was lacklustre and meh, it didn't do much for me at all! I will not be continuing with this trilogy/series!! Frankly, I’ll be parting ways with this author as well; the way she writes just rubs me entirely the wrong way!!
Bitchie
Jun 17, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ku
3.5 stars. Cute enough, low angst. Hopefully, book 2 is about the guy Ash made friends with online, I was intrigued.
ButtonsMom2003
Jun 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: blog
Edited to add comments on the audiobook 9/1/19.

Overall 5
Performance 5
Story 5

As usual, Sean Crisden delivered a fantastic audio performance of another great story by RJ Scott. It was a couple of months ago that I read this book. Listening to the audio made me love it even more. My original review of the ebook follows below.

* * * * * *
I loved it!

Single is a great book with all the feels and a nice amount of sexy time. I'm a sucker for stories involving single dads, especially if they are strugglin
namericanwordcat
3.5 Stars!

I really enjoyed Ash's and Sean's romance and am excited for this series.In Ash, we get an exhausted new father. His level of love, sleeplessness, and worry for his daughter really shines in this tale. Sean falls in love with Ash's dedication to his baby as well as to his lovely self.

They are both kind characters and the next door neighbors theme is really well done here.

Sean's friends and housemates promise excellent future books as does Ash's on line single gay dad support group.

W
Emma
Jun 27, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m
Nothing wrong with it but somehow lacking - 2.5* rounded up.

I absolutely read this because of the cover. And the baby was good. Very realistic and no zany baby antics. Ash and Sean were lovely guys. Sean's friends were great. There was little to dislike but somehow there was no magic either. We did seem to skip the falling in love stage so perhaps that was what was missing. I don't know.
Serena Yates
Jun 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: gay, read-2019
Family dynamics can be a challenge, and this fabulous story about a gay dad is full of all kinds of issues, challenges, and family members with strong opinions. What comes through loud and clear from the first page is Ash’s determination to be a good father, no matter what, and how lonely that makes him since he is doing it on his own (after the cheating boyfriend left). ER doctor Sean lives next door and wants to help, but convincing Ash that falling in love is even possible is another matter… ...more
Bev
4 stars from me. Really enjoyed this light, fluffy, little to no sex read from RJ...except for Darius the Douchebag...may he catch some dreadful disease 🤬. Ash was understandably wary of other men after being let down and cheated upon, but at least he had Mia to console himself with 👼. I must admit nothing gets my silly female hormones going quite like seeing a guy care for a baby all on his own 😍😍. Sean was such a wonderfully kind person compared to Darius, and was deserving of a little love an ...more
Shelley
Jun 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a slow and very sweet story of a single Dad who finds love when he wasn’t expecting it. I was captivated from page 1 and I wanted to read it quickly to see how it ended and at the same time read it slowly to savour it so it wouldn’t end.

RJ Scott is very good at bringing the characters to life. You have a Doctor, Firefighter and a Cop living next door to Ash and his baby Mia. What comes next is a beautiful story of trust, growth and love.

If you are a fan of RJ Scott then this book will
Karen
It's time to check out the audio version....

I really enjoyed reading this story in e-book format. I don't imagine it comes as a surprise to anyone who follows my reviews that I'm definitely an RJ Scott fan. While I can't say I've read all of her books, I can say I'm giving it my best shot and I'm doing the same for the audio releases especially when they're narrated by Sean Crisden, who just happens to be one of my favorite narrators.

So here we go once again heading bravely into that scary w
Amanda
This was a cute, very light to almost no angst. Both men were very sweet but it didn’t give me any real feels. Definitely something for when you want an easy, smooth read.
AussieMum
Sweet, low angst, low heat. And not a lot happens. But sometimes that’s ok.

This had a bare bones resemblance to 911 by Chris Owen, just without the ménage. I mean, it’s not often you get a hot firefighter, hot policeman and a hot doctor moving in next door, is it?
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• King Me (Forever Wilde, #7)
  • Always Mine (Love in Eden #1)
  • I've Got You (True-Blue, #2)
  • Forgotten: Luca (The Four, #1)
  • Square One
  • Endless Stretch of Blue
  • Stand in Place
  • Whiskey Throttle (Fever Falls, #3)
  • Rocket Science (Love Logic #1)
  • Let Me Show You (True-Blue, #1)
  • Unspoken Vow (Steele Brothers, #2)
  • Melting for You (Neighborhood Shindig, #1)
  • American Traditional (Irons and Works, #3)
  • Virgin Flyer
  • Dads With Benefits (Fairview Single Dads, #1)
  • The Fire (Love in O'Leary #4)
  • Stick and Poke (Irons and Works, #5)
  • Above and Beyond (Twist of Fate #4)
A USA Today bestselling author, RJ Scott has published over one hundred novels after discovering romance in books at a very young age. She realized that if there wasn’t love on the page, she could create it in her head, and has become a lifelong writer.

She lives and works out of her home in the beautiful English countryside, spends her spare time reading, watching films, and enjoying time with her

Single Dads (4 books)
  • Today (Single Dads #2)
  • Promise (Single Dads #3)
  • Always