Start by marking “Media Queen” as Want to Read:
Media Queen

Media Queen

Jordyn Fairweather has worked hard to reach the top of the magazine world, but now she's in trouble.

Younger media stars are scrambling to steal her crown, and companies are collapsing around her in the face of a new threat - the internet.

She's come a long way from small town Beddo, where she obsessed over teen glossies until pushing her way into an internship with Sixteen
ebook
Published May 4th 2020 by Michelle Prak

To ask other readers questions about Media Queen, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Media Queen

Start your review of Media Queen
Kalyn✨
May 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2020
Here's the juice, darling. The juice!

Media Queen is another great read from Michelle and I absolutely adored it. It explores the mindset and background of Jordyn Fairweather, the "villain" (for lack of a better word) of Michelle's debut novel, Goodbye, Newsroom. But don't worry— while this is book #2 in the series, it could definitely be read alone or before #1. (I do recommend that you pick up Goodbye, Newsroom, though! It's great.)

Jordyn's ambitious personality is inspiring (before it causes h
Helen Power
Oct 01, 2020 rated it really liked it

The biggest strength of this novel is getting to see what it’s like to work in media over the span of two decades.  The distribution and consumption of media changed so rapidly in such a seemingly short amount of time.  Jordyn adapts with the times, moving from magazines to newspapers to other forms of media as they emerge.  It’s quite interesting to see how she takes lessons learned in the magazine business and applies them to later forms of media.   It was absolutely fascinating to see th

Bianca
Aug 09, 2020 rated it really liked it
After reading Goodbye Newsroom, we just had to get the scoop on Jordyn Fairweather and this prequel certainly delivers. She's one of those characters you just love to hate. She has loads of ambition but is underhanded and unscrupulous in her efforts to win at all costs. At the top of her game, she must constantly reinvent herself to stay there but at what cost? It was a fun, easy yet compulsive read to see whether Jordyn would sink or swim.
Recommend - whether you've read Goodbye Newsroom or not,
Rebecca
Jul 06, 2020 rated it liked it
“Media Queen” is a really fun, light and easy read about one woman’s ambition to become a success in the media world. I enjoyed the story for the most part, but felt that this was more of a YA read. It’s an enjoyable 3 stars from me!

My full review: https://whatrebeccasread.wordpress.co...
Michelle Prak
Jun 11, 2020 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Hey everyone! Media Queen is out now - the follow-up to Goodbye Newsroom. I can't wait for more of you to read it and share your thoughts here.
Tash
Jan 05, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Forget Devil wears Prada. Meet Devil works in Media! – Media Queen

This fast-paced and twisty novel gives a fascinating insider’s look into the world of Australian media and how it progressed from print to online. The uniqueness of this book is that the main character isn’t perfect and traditional ‘good girl’ like it always happens to be in the novels and which is, to be honest, extremely annoying. It’s refreshing to see a protagonist like that. She has lots of negative traits but at the same tim
Stephanie
May 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I received a review copy from Hidden Gems in exchange for an honest review. As always, I try to give you some highlights without any spoilers. I liked this book a lot, and I want you to try it out, too.

I was lucky enough to get a review copy of Prak's previous novel in this series, Goodbye Newsroom and I was a little disappointed by that ending because there were some loose ends. At the time, I did not know there was a sequel, but, voila, enter Media Queen.

This story of Jordyn Fairweather and ho
L A King
Jul 27, 2020 rated it liked it
I enjoyed this book immensely. I was able to connect with most of the characters. The main character, Jordayn Fairweather was selfish, self centred and obnoxious. She would stop at nothing to get to the top of her field even if it meant walking all over her friends. From an early age Jordayn has always wanted to be in the publishing industry. At sixteen she entered a competition in the magazine 16. After this nothing was going to stop her. She has a school boyfriend who everyone fancies. He goes ...more
Sarah Price
Jul 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I have loved this second book in the Holly Anna series.

I think it's really clever writing that this book is history of the rival to Holly Anna, Joryn Fairweather.

Even in her teens Jordyn is a bit of a grumpy guss but she has such a passion for writing articles that's its hard not to like her a little bit. She worked hard to get where she got and in the end you begin to feel a bit sorry for her.

I really like how there is an article from present day to do with the rivalry between The Fairweather r
Debbie Rozier
May 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. It moves fast even though it spans 20 years. Jordyn, the main character, takes drive and ambition to the next level. Since high school Jordyn knew what she wanted to be and she started climbing the ladder early. I’m impressed with everything she accomplished by the time she was 21. I wish my kids had that much drive. I have to say it was interesting to like and not like a character at the same time. At the same time feel like she was selfish but she never realized it because s ...more
Candelaria Rial
Aug 01, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: owned-tbr
Thank you to NetGalley and Michelle for giving me this eARC in exchange for an honest review.
I had a hard time reading this one. The first half was great and entertaining, but the second one wasn’t great for me. I started it expecting to read a lot about the scandal of Jordyn not paying the freelance writers, but as opposed to what i expected, that barely had any relevance in the story. It was kind of important in the last 20 pages but that was it.
The first half was nice, fresh, worthy of a tee
Jane Durbridge
Aug 08, 2020 rated it really liked it
What was I doing in my late teens? Working a bit, studying a bit, and living for the weekends at the coast. I didn’t know anyone with a work drive or promotion trajectory like Jordyn, the media queen in this book. At first I thought this was just too remarkable, but then I was reminded of Mia Freeman and Lisa Wilkinson, who were both well entrenched and powerful in media by this age!

So once I’d moved on from under-achieving, Jordan’s successes felt less fantastical, and the book unfolded as a f
Lauren Miron
Jun 27, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2020
Jordyn Fairweather had a goal to work as a writer, and spent her entire life working towards it.
Starting as an intern at Australia’s Sixteen, then moving to a cadetship, and finally deputy editor, she’s achieved the job of her dreams. Luckily for her, her boyfriend Goody hangs on, and the two set off to live a new live in Sydney. Things continue to change as she climbs the corporate ladder leaving people and publications in the dust. Jordyn’s story of fame and fallout, friends and frenemies is o
Anonymous 5
Aug 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is my first time reading something by this author. This was an entertaining and enjoyable read. The story was well-written and flowed nicely. The plot was interesting and had some plot twists and turns that made this an interesting and intriguing story. The characters were strong and well-developed. Ms. Prak did a nice job of bringing this story to life with her vivid descriptions and well-developed scenes. I enjoyed this book and am looking forward to reading more by this author.

I received
Andrea Ferguson
Jun 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Loved Media Queen! This prequel to Goodbye Newsroom was beyond my expectations. I really enjoyed Goodbye Newsroom with its glimpse into the lives of writers, editors and social media "experts" but Media Queen was even better! I particularly enjoyed the character development and the push and pull of my love-hate relationship with central characters.
I don't read fiction much in my busy work life but this was a welcome distraction and led to a few late nights.
Highly recommended as a fun read.
KheShan Gronow
Jan 04, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2021-books
Media Queen is Michelle Park’s third offering & once again she has hit the mark! How much I hated the main character, “media queen” Jordyn Fairweather is a testament to how well Michelle Prak builds her characters. Full of wit, coupled with a slightly scary look into the world of media. Easy reading but still engaging & perfectly paced.
Elvira
Jul 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This was a really good storyline. I enjoyed the well developed and engaging characters in this smooth flowing storyline to the eng.

Josephine Spawton
Aug 28, 2020 rated it liked it
Aha! I have read Michelle’s previous two books and like those I couldn’t put this one down 😄 The backstory to the infamous Jordyn Fairweather was a scintillating read. No spoilers here...just make sure you put it on your ‘to read’ list.
This Feral Housewife
This book was a quick, wonderful summer read. I loved all the characters in the story. You really became part of the book and wanted to know how everyone would turn out.
Destiny Brown
Aug 16, 2020
Ruby
Jun 15, 2020
Emily
rated it did not like it
Jun 29, 2020
Mccarlie Jayne
Jul 06, 2020
Fiona Dunstan
Jul 18, 2020
Authors & Reviewers: Chick Lit Reviewers Wanted - Media Queen 1 10 Jun 22, 2020 12:13PM
Goodreads Reviewe...: Chick Lit Reviewers Wanted - Media Queen 1 10 Jun 22, 2020 12:12PM

• When I Was You
  • The Dream (The Creek Water Series, #4)
  • Heroes & Heartbreakers: A Tale of Adventure & Romance (CI, #1)
  • If It Bleeds
  • The Girl with the Louding Voice
  • Beach Read
  • The Nanny's Secret (A Locke Industries Novel)
  • Chosen Ones (The Chosen Ones, #1)
  • 28 Summers
  • Pretty Things
  • Rodham
  • This Time Next Year
  • The Secret Of Eveline House
  • Recipe for a Perfect Wife
  • Dial P For Poison (Movie Club Mysteries, #1)
  • Damned if I do (the Damned Trilogy, #1)
  • Sorry I Missed You
  • Her Last Flight
Michelle Prak is an Australian author, writing fun, modern rom-coms - but now leaping into thrillers! Wish her luck!

In her own day job, she has a PR consultancy, and teaches PR to wonderful university students. She is an avid social media user, and you might find her elsewhere online as Prakky.

#MediaQueen