Start by marking “Take A Number” as Want to Read:
Take A Number

Take A Number

A brand new standalone romantic comedy from Amazon Top 13 bestseller, Amy Daws!

Fake dating the cute owner of a bakery Dean is an investor in sounds kind of messy…but messy can be fun.

Norah Donahue wants bakeries not babies, but her matchmaking mother won’t stop trying to play Cupid.

Dean Moser is a cocky stock market savant whose friends are all settling down, leaving Bould
Paperback, 1st Edition, 300 pages
Published October 15th 2020 by Stars Hollow Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Take A Number, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Take A Number

Start your review of Take A Number
Amy Daws
Oct 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Take A Number is LIVE!!! Prepare thyselves for tasty cronuts, a meddling mother, sexy Aspen getaways, white-knuckle-bicycling down a mountain (not sexy), a sex toy party that goes terribly astray, and a love story that will have you swooning til the very end!!

Download on Amazon or read with Kindle Unlimited--> https://geni.us/TakeANumber
Lilith  Seven  *dirtybooksandmessyhair* book blog
THE REVIEW FOR THE BOOK TAKE A NUMBER BY AMY DAWS

GENRE ROMANTIC COMEDY.
AUTHOR: AMY DAWS.
TYPE: BOOK #4 OF WAIT FOR ME SERIES...CAN BE READ AS A STANDALONE.
POV:DUAL POV..
MY RATING: 5 ++++++ STARS.

This book deserves all the stars...All the books in this series is favorite...You cant choose your fav because all of them are so unique in their own way.
Dean is a Silent Inventor in Norah Wellknown Bakery. Being a businesswoman and owning her own bakeries and franchise is all Norah has ever thought o
Lisa (Two Bookish Brits)
One can simply never go wrong picking up an Amy Daws book especially Take A Number this book is AMAZING. The way I feel head over heels for these two was insane and I regret NOTHING.

Norah knows what she wants and that’s business only, no marriage, no kids just business.

Dean knows how sour marriages can be and has decided relationships are off limits to him.

These two together are an unlikely match but they’re amazing together. Their chemistry is off the charts hot and everything just seems bett
Wendy'sThoughts
Sep 22, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Amy Daws Fans, Romance
4 Ready To Stand In Line Stars
* * * * Spoiler Free
I love a story that has likable characters who we have had the opportunity to see before their own stories. I'm a sucker for loosely connected books. Amy Daws has written these types of books for a while now and when you start them, you have that immediate recognition of who these people are and you are all in.

Now you do not have to read the other books to have the full experience of each book. That is the beauty of them, however, they are so eng
Jenifer Briggs
Oct 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I literally just finished this and can say with absolute certainty that this is my favorite book in the series!!! Dean and Norah are absolutely EVERYTHING!! They have such a unique connection right off the bat, and you can tell just how much they adore one another.

These two are strictly non relationship: Dean doesn't want to repeat his parents marriage, nor does be ever want to turn into his father and hurt the woman he supposedly loves over and over again. So he puts on this man-whore facade a
✰  BJ's Book Blog ✰Janeane ✰
ARC received from author for an honest review.

From the minute I met Dean Moser in Wait With Me, I have been impatient for his story.

And Ms Daws has not disappointed me with Take A Number.

I seriously loved this book. It is the next day, and I am still smiling about it.

Norah, from her pros and cons list, to the flirtatious Dean, this pair could not be more perfect for each other.  The way they  tease each other, the UST between them, it just made
Monique
📖📖 READ THROUGH KU. 📖📖

Firstly, I want to say that this book is a complete standalone. If you are only just discovering this author, or haven’t read the previous three books in the Wait For Me series that this one links back to, that’s ok, you will not feel lost at all and will follow this storyline without any hitches. Those of us that have experienced the bliss of those books will know that Dean has been around since book one. And everyone has been dying to know who he falls for, because he has
Steph's Romance Book Talk
4.5 Stars / 4 Steam Fans

Norah and Dean are the biggest flirts you will find! In, Take a Number, they find themselves in need of significant others to shutdown family and friends from matchmaking. With this fake dating story, true feelings and preconceived independence is changed through a few fake dates.

Video review available in Week 42: Oct 11 – Oct 17 weekly book reviews.

For other video book reviews, check out my YouTube Channel: Steph's Romance Book Talk.
READ ME ROMANCE
Oct 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: finished
Amy Daws delivered another five star read for me and I expect nothing less as I have loved every one of her books. We first meet Dean Moser, a stock market savant, in Wait With Me, and I couldn’t wait for his story. I knew there was so much more to him than his fashionable good looks and sexy swagger, and I couldn’t love him more.

Take A Number is a total standalone, but interconnected characters such as his best friends, Kate and Lynsey, appear along with their significant others, Miles and Josh
Jeeves Reads Romance
SO GOOD

I may have wanted to smack this hero silly on MULTIPLE occasions, but that didn't stop me from seriously enjoying this steamy rom com with heart. It's a mix of fun, angst, and smoking hot chemistry, with a couple you'll be rooting for. It's not long before this lovable playboy is in over his head, but the banter and connection make the journey worth it. This is for those rom com lovers who want a little weight behind the story - it's still a sexy, low angst read, but there's a hidden dept
maggieandteddy
I was looking forward to Dean's book. It's weird to say that, but I didn't like him too much in the previous books. This was his chance to redeem himself. Dean and Norah are business partners in Norah's expanding bakery business. Norah and Dean are also good friends.

This is set in Boulder, CO. I really love sweet, smart and ambitious Norah & her tasty cronuts. How do I know they're tasty? How can they not be? Norah's cronuts are tremendously popular.
Dean is an investment whiz kid who works out
Julia Griffis - The Romance Bibliophile
NO SPOILERS!

Take A Number was romantic comedy GOLD and has honestly been the BEST, FUNNIEST, and SEXIEST book from Amy Daws to date! I absolutely LOVED Dean and Norah’s funny, sexy, and swoon-worthy fake-dating story, and was completely addicted and entertained from start to finish!

The storyline was fantastic and I loved the fake dating/fake relationship trope. The author did an amazing job with the entire concept, and I absolutely loved everything from beginning to end. I definitely laughed, sm
gretareadsromance

From the start of this series Dean has been quite the side character and in Take a Number we finally get his full story!

Dean has always seemed well put together. He dresses well, makes lots of money and gets around with the ladies. With all his friends settling down it puts the pressure on him as a single guy to do so as well. With fears and secrets of his own this is not something he wants. Enter Norah; she is all about building her bakery enterprise and has zero time for love. She is so driven
Amy [Book Addict Reviews]
Take A Number is full of laughs, delicious pastries and fake dating goodness.

Dean is a bachelor and on the outside he seems like he has everything, however, there is something deeper to him that he struggles with when it comes to relationships. Norah is focused on her business and not finding love. However, they both need help from the other and enter a fake relationship….

Take A Number is hilarious and sweet! I loved everything about their “relationship”. There is no denying that the two of the
Lisa
Oct 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I absolutely love this series so much. Each book gets better and better. Not only was Dean Moser funny, hot, and witty...Norah Donahue was all those things too with a side of girls get s**t done. Take A Number is a RomCom you want to read with a cocktail in one hand and a croinut in the other.

5 Sugar Lips stars!
TheGuideToRomanceNovels
project_20200919_1207011_01
Fun and Sweet story, Full Review on my BLOG -> my link text
Angie 🌟NOLA504nerds🌟 Schexnaildre
This is an honest review for an arc received.

“You would be my best customer if you didn’t make it your life’s mission to get on my nerves.

What happens when two people enter into a fake relationship, but are completely attracted to each other? A deliciously funny rom-com that will make you laugh the entire time you’re reading.

“Dean Moser rejected by a female. Alert the presses.”

Dean has been secretly lusting over Norah for a while. When the opportunity presents itself for him to pose as her fake
Kristi
5 Sugar Tits Stars🤣🤣🤣😭

Amy Daws knocked this one out of the park just like the last one! Reading about these 3 bffs has been a joy! Set in Boulder with the landscape described so perfectly that if you haven’t been there you can see it in your minds eye!

I wanted Dean’s book so bad after reading Kate and Lynsey’s books (I was not a big fan of Maggie and Sam) He was the best boy bff a girl could ask for! He was there to help both of them when they were in the clench of losing their significant othe
ArianaReadsBooks
Oct 14, 2020 rated it really liked it
This book really impressed me with Amy Daws’ ability to write such different characters🙌

Dean is exactly as he’s described, “a mountain man whore”, who’s made his way through just about every girl in Colorado. However, he’s also sweet, dependable, and willing to do anything for his friends. Scarred by his parents’ toxic relationship, Dean has been turned off of long-term - forever! Fake dating that gorgeous baker who makes the best croinuts around doesn’t count, right?

Norah is such a wonderful he
Aaly
Oct 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
*** ARC kindly provided by the author in exchange for an honest review. ***

Sweet treats, an hilarious and flirty banter, two main characters who weren’t looking to settle down ended fake dating, well it was a recipe for success but in every recipe you had to find a balance… definitely fun to read!

I connected with Norah instantly. She was focused on her bakery and has so many projects to expand. She wanted to live the dream and work hard for it. She seemed a little uptight and didn’t really know
Denise Hoover
Oct 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I already want to read it again, it was so perfect. Such a fantastic romantic comedy for fake dating. Amy Daws has hit this one out of the bakery! I always worry when I highly anticipate a book that it won’t live up to expectations, I should’ve known I didn’t have to worry here!

This book can be read as a stand-alone but why not read the first three to get the full circle donut of mountain manwhore, Dean Moser and the first taste of croinut extraordinaire, Norah Donahue.

Dean and Norah are pure
Em__Jay
Oct 18, 2020 rated it really liked it
Amy Daws certainly keeps the good stuff coming with TAKE A NUMBER, book four in the Wait With Me series.

I thoroughly enjoyed reading Dean and Norah’s story. Their story is romantic and sincere. There are plenty of laughs and some deliciously sexy scenes.

Dean and Norah both have their reasons for not wanting to get tied down to another person. They’re content with the status quo but Dean’s friends and Norah’s mother think otherwise. With events coming up that they are required to attend, both nee
Stacie R.
Oct 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Dean’s book is here and it’s everything I hoped it would be!! I think this book wins my top spot for this series!

Dean is cocky and so sure of himself. He’s a love ‘em and leave ‘em kind of guy, no strings attached is just the way he likes it. So when his friend, and newest business partner Norah, needs a fake date to placate her mother, Dean readily agrees. It works for him, because he also needs a date for his best friend’s wedding. This is the perfect arrangement for both Norah and Dean, neith
Ann Mihailovic
Oct 16, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Holy croinuts! Take A Number by Amy Daws is a romantic comedy with a fake boyfriend trope. Norah and Dean start off as business associates, with Dean being a silent investor in her bakery, and even then you can tell that they have a love/hate relationship. With both characters so focused on their work, relationships has always been an afterthought. Norah has a meddling mother who constantly hounds her for grandbabies and Dean's friends are no better, constantly urging him to find someone and set ...more
amberreadsromance
4.5 stars!

Take A Number was such a refreshing story with lots of humor and sexiness mixed in. The angst in this book is on another level!

Norah is a bakery owner and Dean is a silent investor in her 2nd bakery that she's about to open. Dean comes into the bakery weekly and flirts with Norah constantly but also jokes around with her too much. One day Norah's mother comes into the shop trying to play matchmaker and when she just can't take it anymore, Norah asks Dean to be her pretend boyfriend.

Wha
Michele McMullen
Oct 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Amy just when I think that I may have chosen my favorite couple of yours you once again blind side me with a new one. If wanting to be friends with a couple and their fabulously fun friends is wrong than I do not want to be right! This couple is sweet, sexy, so much fun and wonderfully witty banter.
Dean is our favorite sharp dressing suave investor from Wait with Me and I knew there was so much more to him than his classic good looks! Norah is such a sweet surprise...literally. She is a quirky
bookspaced
Oct 10, 2020 rated it really liked it
Dean's story is finally here! He's such a big character in Kate and Lynsey's story so it was time for his own HEA.

Dean has always been this cocky but loveable character and if you read the previous books you'll definitely fall in love with him in those books. So to see him finally get his own love story is so exciting. I would have never pictured him ending up with Norah though. But it is a pleasant surprise since those two characters are made for eachother.
Norah knows what she wants and it isn
Paulette
Oct 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Winner, winner chicken dinner, or is that croinut craving! Either way this book is a hit! It will wet your appetite in all sorts of ways and elicit all the feels you want and leave you craving for more. First you have the list maker Norah. She has a plan for everything except marriage and babies, much to the dismay of her mother. Next you have the snappy dresser and stock market savant, Dean. In no way is he looking for attachment. However, he does love his croinuts and his investments.
Together
Jules
Oct 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: beta-alpha
My lord, this was fun.

You know those moms that have a specific vision for their daughters' lives? Norah has one of those. But instead of the settling and baby making her mom wants her to do, she's too busy being a bakery owning badass about to turn it into a full-blown empire! But she needs a fake date to just get her mom off her back - and who better than the charming Dean, the guy who isn't looking to settle down, always flirts and just became a silent investor in her empire?!

From the list-mak
Escape into a Booksite
Oct 11, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle
*4 Stars*

ARC kindly received in exchange for an honest review.

Another fun instalment in this series from Amy Daws. I've been keen for Dean and Norah's story for a while now, and I was not let down.

I'm a sucker for friends to lovers and fake boyfriend/fiance type stories, so this one was perfect for me to jump into. These two get along so well, and their chemistry is off the charts. I love how Dean brings out Norahs fun side, and how by being with her, he opens himself up a bit.

There are lots
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »

• Single Dad Seeks Juliet
  • The Right Player
  • I Promise You
  • The Setup
  • Loathe Thy Neighbor (Roommate Romps, #1)
  • Barefoot in Pearls (Barefoot Bay Brides Trilogy, #3; Barefoot Bay Universe, #10)
  • Barefoot in White (Barefoot Bay Brides Trilogy, #1; Barefoot Bay Universe, #8)
  • Pumpkin Everything (An Autumnboro Sweet Romance, #1)
  • Only One Night
  • The Bribe (Calamity Montana #1)
  • Happily Letter After
  • Ignite (Men of Inked: Heatwave #5)
  • Drive Me Wild (Bellamy Creek #1)
  • Real Fake Love (Copper Valley Fireballs #2)
  • The Club: Obsession (The Club, #1)
  • Hero (The Morgan Brothers, #1)
  • Rockstar (Morgan Brothers, #5)
  • The Club: Reclamation (The Club, #2)
Amy Daws is an Amazon Top 13 bestselling author of sexy, contemporary romance novels. She enjoys writing love stories that take place in America, as well as across the pond in England; especially those footy-playing Harris Brothers of hers. When Amy is not writing in a tire shop waiting room, she’s watching Gilmore Girls, or singing karaoke with her daughter while Daddy smiles awkwardly from a dis ...more

News & Interviews