Start by marking “Summer in Bliss (Bliss Cay #1)” as Want to Read:
Summer in Bliss (Bliss Cay #1)

Summer in Bliss

(Bliss Cay #1)

Mia Everly is happily married to her career as an editor and broadcast journalist. She has loving parents, a brother who’s her best friend, and the perfect companion anyone could ask for…her ‘too smart for her own good’ dog, Hope.

Dash Stevens is a swoon-worthy Lieutenant with the county fire department. He's also a widowed father of an energetic 8 year old named Allie. As
Published June 4th 2020 by Amazon

To ask other readers questions about Summer in Bliss, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Summer in Bliss

Start your review of Summer in Bliss (Bliss Cay #1)
Nikki J Summers
Aug 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Loved it. I want to go & live in Bliss now after reading this. Dash & Mia’s story was so lovely. It had the added bonus of a cute girl & a dog too. What more could you ask for? Loved the twist at the end. Looking forward to reading more.
Melissa Ratzak
Nov 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A fun light read

This was a fun book! I really enjoyed it. However the continuous use of the word sniggering was a tad irritating. I would definitely read this again though.
Cassie Faber
Jun 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Summer in Bliss is a feel-good, heartfelt romance with a sweet twist!

Mia Everly is an independent career woman with a bit of an attitude, and you can't help but love her for it! But beneath the surface, her traumatic past hasn't left her unscathed.

It all comes bubbling up to the surface on her vacation to Bliss Cay when she meets handsome single father Dash Stevens and his sweet 8-year-old daughter Allie.

Dash's persistence in helping Mia uncover the truth of her past pain sends Mia on a path th
Anneliese Grassi
Hallmark movie in book form.

This is like a Hallmark movie in book form. It is a cute summer love story that takes place on the island of Bliss where two people, each with their own baggage, are there for a summer beach getaway to forget their woes, he with his daughter and her with her dog. What starts as a rocky beginning ends in a predictable happy ending. It is all ties together with a nice little twist. Although it is not very deep, it is what my friend would call a brain candy book - smoot
Sasha
Sep 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
First I would like to state that I have received this book through goodreads giveaway in exchange for an honest review. I would like to thank the author for giving me this opportunity and honor in being able to read this book. When I received this book I began reading it at once. This book was a very interesting read. It pulls you in and keeps you wanting more. I would recommend this book to others. It is a very good read
Jeannine Wickliffe
This is the first time for this author and will definetly be getting more. For a novella this is packed full of everything. Mia is a career minded woman who is starting to have nightmares and over stressed from work. She goes to Bliss to reevaluate her life and try to get back on track with her therapy dog Hope. Her new neighbor is Dash and his daughter Allie. They spend time together and sparks are flying. But can they each get over their pasts.
Kayla Willis
May 31, 2020 rated it really liked it
I would give it 3.5 stars but that isn't an option so I rounded up. 😊 It was a quick, easy read. I loved the sweet story line. I do wish there was a little more depth to the characters as it was hard for me to 'feel' or relate to them. The beginning felt a little rushed while introducing the characters. Though as the book went on, you learned more about Mia. Being a fairly new author, I am excited to see how her writing evolves though. And I plan on reading more of her work. 💜 ...more
Christi Massey
Sep 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
If you want a short novella to 'fuel' your good mood, some romance to 'fire' up your emotions, and love a 'smoking hot' storyline, pick this short read up today! Great fun!! ...more
Kathryn Munsell
Oct 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Good story.

Mia has a problem she is trying to deal with. But will Dash help or hinder her efforts. And can Dash overcome his resistance to another love in his life.
Kim Dorgan
Nov 08, 2020 rated it liked it
I won this book as a first reads giveaway. It was my first time reading this author. I enjoyed the book. I was a very easy read. It reminded me a lot of a Hallmark movie or a Debbie Macomber book. I would read more books by this author in the future.
Stacy
Sep 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is such a nice, sweet book. It was well written, had interesting characters and the story moved along nicely. I definitely will read more books from this author!!!
Mary
Oct 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
great book
Marilyn
Oct 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
Good

This book shows how a support dog helps a person who pad or other people with emotional problems and can
Dawn
Sep 30, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-stars, first-reads
* I voluntarily reviewed a copy of this book that I won in a Goodreads giveaway. *

This is a sweet and clean romance. The characters are compelling and have a flirty connection. Mia's trauma is heart wrenching, but handled beautifully. My favorite parts are with the dog and the phone calls from Mia to her brother. I also really enjoyed the ending. Overall, this is a lovely read.
K. Marie
Nov 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
A hectic year made it impossible for me to read this book over the summer as I wanted to, but it was such a welcoming distraction from all the drama happening around the world right now!

As promised, this story offered all the feels of a Hallmark movie with a boy meets girl, they have an initial misunderstanding, and then slowly becomes the object of each other's affection type trope. I loved that Mia, though scarred from a previous experience, was a strong character with grit, and that Dash, who
Nicole Smith
Jun 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this one. It's a sweet, fun make you feel good story. It comes with some unexpected twists. I loved Dash's daughter. She's adorable and has such a big heart. Mia goes to Bliss to re-evaluate what path she wants to take in life. She has to come to terms with her past and her unexpected neighbors may be just what she needs. Dash is a single dad and that's what sold me on this book. I'm so glad I did read this one. First book by this author and it won't be my last. I'm looking forw ...more
Alexia
Jun 14, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: e-shelf
Summer in Bliss is a sweet romance with a compelling plot. I liked the characters (especially Dash’s conniving daughter Allie). It was fun to see Dash and Mia’s relationship bloom as he helped her gather the strength to work through her problems. I liked the relationship between Mia and her brother and wanted more of their conversations. There was a twist towards the end that I didn’t see coming but loved. Overall, it was a wholesome story with delightful characters.
debmar50
Jun 08, 2020 rated it liked it
Cute

Cute little story. The writing style is okay, the characters are dimensional, the setting is nice. It was entertaining and didn't take long to read. No drama.
Staci Rumpza
Feb 06, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful

I truly enjoyed reading this book! Romance , mystery and a beach setting what else can one ask for? Fabulous
Kristin Heller
Feb 25, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Trauma, anxiety, hunky neighbors, caring family. This book had it all and more. I loved the story so much, I could not put it down and read it in one day. I felt like I was at the beach, like I was on vacation with Mia and Dash. Their love is one all of us wish for when we are young, if only it was me was a thought while reading! I wish there was more about Mia and Dash, very riveting and attention grabbing.
Lisa
Cathy Attawsy
Jun 12, 2020
Suzi  Davis
Jul 01, 2020

• Get a Life, Chloe Brown (The Brown Sisters, #1)
  • Merry Me (Holiday Romance Novel, #1)
  • The Charismatic Cowboy (Firestone Falls, #1)
  • A Perfect Christmas Gift (Kringle, Texas #1)
  • The Last Flight
  • Sincerely Cinderella
  • One to Watch
  • Cursive, Foiled Again! (Hand Lettering Mystery #0.5)
  • Puzzling Ink (Crossword Puzzle Mystery #1)
  • The Banty House
  • Never Kiss a Duke (Hazards of Dukes, #1)
  • The Sheriff's Christmas Angels (Texas Lawmen, #4)
  • After the Blitz (The Inman Brothers, #1)
  • Neighbors Like That (A Love Like This, #1)
  • The Change Up (The Brentwood Boys, #5)
  • Paralleled Bond
  • Justice Burning (Darren Street #2)
  • Felix Ever After
#1 Amazon Best Selling Author for A Bliss Cay Novella series, currently featuring Summer in Bliss and Her Summer Prince, Freda Ann is known for her sweet, clean contemporary romance love stories.

These novellas, along with Christmas in Twinkle Falls and her latest release, A Wedding in Twinkle Falls, surround relatable women and swoon-worthy hunks. And if you like cute kids, adorable dogs, with a H

Bliss Cay (2 books)
  • Her Summer Prince (Bliss Cay #2)

News & Interviews

Jenny Lawson is the funniest person you know. And if you don’t know her, just read one of her books and she becomes the funniest person you...