Start by marking “Immortal Fears” as Want to Read:
Immortal Fears

Immortal Fears

Twenty authors, twenty gods, twenty stories that will chill, thrill and kill you. The Gods of the Pantheon present their first anthology of Halloween stories, the time for Samhain draws near…

Olympus Confidential: the Deep Wild by CJ Landry
Hera has been kidnapped! For four terrified teenage Gods and Goddesses, it is a race against the clock to find their mother. But to get
Published August 25th 2020 by Rewritten Realms

To ask other readers questions about Immortal Fears, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Immortal Fears

Start your review of Immortal Fears
Sheri
Sep 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: paranormal
I would like to start out by saying that I adore anthologies. Especially once that involve spooky tales. This one is chock full of great short stories. It was a very enjoyable book and I totally recommend it for lovers of horror, paranormal, mystery, gods and goddesses and short story collections.

I would like to thank the authors, Rewritten Realms, LLC and Netgalley for the opportunity to read a digital copy of Immortal Fears in exchange for a fair and honest review.
Jeanette Rose
Aug 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
An engaging tale of how the gods came to the world of modern day after falling from prominence return to take power back. The halloween motif is suspenseful and leaves you wanting more.
Michael Fisher
Aug 26, 2020 is currently reading it
A spectacular collection of tales that strike fear, anxiety, and death into the heart of the reader.
Moxie Malone
Sep 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Twenty-one authors. Twenty-one tales. One beast of a book!

The authors of the popular online magazine, In The Pantheon (inthepantheon.com), bring a unique spin on Halloween with a collection of seasonal tales as told by the Greek Gods who have returned to the mortal realm.

Ranging from terrifying, disturbing, and chilling to charming, quirky, and a wee bit spooky, this delightful anthology answers the question, "What do even the Gods fear?"
Rewritten Realms
Aug 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Like a bag full of Halloween candy, this goodie bag of tasty stories will delight you. Twenty-one authors tell twenty-one spooky tales - some dark, some lighter - from the POV of the Greek gods who have returned to the material realm.

If you enjoy paranormal, fantasy, myth, or horror this BIG book delivers immediate Samhain gratification in single sitting reads. Most stories are about 3k - 6k but include one novella sized adventure.

Love it.
Shari Sakurai
Dec 28, 2020 rated it really liked it
*I received a copy of this novel for free in exchange for an honest review*

Immortal Fears comprises twenty short scary stories featuring the Greek Gods and Goddesses in the modern day. Each faces battles against monsters, demons, and perhaps the most terrifying of all themselves.

I thoroughly enjoyed reading this anthology collection. Each tale was terrifying and unique with its own twists and turns which made for compelling reading. I love stories showcasing the Greek Gods and Goddesses and Immo
Vijayalakshmi
Oct 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Like Greek mythology? Want some seriously spooky reads? Look no further than Immortal Fears, an anthology of Halloween stories, published by Rewritten Realms, the publishing arm of the writing group In The Pantheon.
The anthology contains 21 stories, each by a different author. In each the writer takes on the voice of a character from Greek mythology, and reimagines what adventures they would have in the modern world.
Needless to say, it is highly entertaining. Especially for someone like me, wh
Ari
Sep 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
Immortal Fears is a gripping collection of short stories. All stories entertained me without exception.
I would highly recommend it to people who enjoy dark, paranormal and horror books. The stories are easy to read and are very well crafted.
Overall, it was a great collection and I would definitely recommend reading it.
Natalie
Oct 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
What an excellent read

Seriously. This had tricks and treats, scares and laughter. What an excellent introduction to the Greek gods in modern times!!!
Ashley Hutchison
Sep 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The notion of gods in a modern setting is so refreshing. It has allowed the authors to really tap into the psychology of these mythological characters and push their boundaries and take them down new paths. Very well-written and conceived! Loved it!
Thieving Magpie
Dec 13, 2020 rated it liked it
I need more books with Greek gods. And ancient gods in general. I loved this anthology. The representation of the gods and Greek mythology itself was a bit too harmless for my taste. But I liked that each story represented the fear of a different god - it was also interesting to see each author's take on what a god could possibly fear.
All stories were so beautifully written, I don't know how to pick a favorite.

I received a free ARC by Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.
Thieving Magpie
All stories were so beautifully written, I don't know how to pick a favorite.

I received a free ARC by Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.
Steph Hanlon
Oct 30, 2020 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
It is often difficult to review collections of short stories as it is impossible to focus on all of them - especially when there are 21, and not all of them good. It is an interesting concept throughout the book, tying each story to a Greek deity in a contemporary setting,

For myself, none of the stories felt like there had been a concept or a strong sense of the plot, as though they had simply been written to be a part of the collection and with little thought to be given other than this. As a r
Vivenya
Sep 20, 2020 rated it liked it
The book "Immortal Fears" is a collection of short stories written by 21 authors. Each of the authors slips into the role of a Greek deity. The stories are thematically about fear, Halloween/Samhain and horror.
In general, the problem with a short story collection is that not all stories will resonate with you. For the most part, the quality of the stories were good to very good. One can especially emphasize that characters who also appear in other stories felt the same. Here the respective write
Aisling MacKay
Aug 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: books-i-love
David White
Wayne Davids
Oct 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Marc Tizura
Aug 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: author
Aug 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
C.J. Landry
Sep 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Ashley
Aug 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Kerensa Slay
rated it did not like it
Nov 03, 2020
Jun 18, 2020
Karla
Aug 08, 2020
Rashmi Menon
Aug 25, 2020 marked it as to-read  ·  (Review from the author)
Christine Graves
Sep 11, 2020

• Revenge of the Sluts
  • Witch Bottle
  • The Stranger Times
  • The Haunting of Beatrix Greene Episode 1 (The Haunting Of Beatrix Greene, #0.1)
  • The Zenned Out Guide to Understanding Auras: Your Handbook to Seeing, Reading, and Protecting Your Aura
  • The Zenned Out Guide to Understanding Crystals: Your Handbook to Using and Connecting to Crystal Energy
  • Chasing Eva (In Light of Shadows #1)
  • Murder in Keswick: A Sherlock Holmes Mystery
  • Bad Housekeeping (An Agnes and Effie Mystery #1)
  • The Woman Next Door
  • Seeds of Fate: A coming of age summer romance (Lewis Cox Classic Romances)
  • In the Quick
  • Lore
  • A Will To Kill (Athreya, #1)
  • A Village Vacancy
  • The Life and Times of Sherlock Holmes: Essays on Victorian England, Volume 3
  • Clover
  • Stacking the Deck (The Kings: Wild Cards, #1)

News & Interviews

“Multiple high-pitched growls emanated from the shadows. The hunters were now the hunted.” 0 likes
“Sometimes, to capture a predator, we need to become prey.” 0 likes