Start by marking “La maledizione di Timber Manor (Memorie delle ombre umane Vol. 1)” as Want to Read:
La maledizione di Timber Manor (Memorie delle ombre umane Vol. 1)

La maledizione di Timber Manor

(Memoirs of the Human Wraiths #1)

Mentre è ancora in lutto per la perdita dei suoi genitori, Daniel Donnelly riceve la chiamata inaspettata di una zia che non ha mai incontrato e che, di punto in bianco, gli affida il controllo della fortuna di famiglia e della tenuta dei Donnelly, Timber Manor. Anche se suo padre lo aveva sempre tenuto all’oscuro del passato del loro nome, la curiosità e il bisogno di rit ...more
Published May 23rd 2020 by Triskell Edizioni (first published January 6th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about La maledizione di Timber Manor, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about La maledizione di Timber Manor

Start your review of La maledizione di Timber Manor (Memorie delle ombre umane Vol. 1)
LenaRibka
Jul 04, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: All fans of PRN.

3,5 stars!

For a debut novel F.E.Feeley jr. did really a good job keeping my attention on the story from the first till the very last page. I had some tiny problems with the plot but maybe because PRN is not my typical genre.

The writing

If I have to describe in one word the writing style of F.E.Feeley jr. I would use comfortable. It was like sitting in your favourite armchair, drinking your favourite drink and admiring a nice view from your window. Even if there were some creepy events and a
F.E. Jr.
Apr 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Free on Smashwords for Author's Give Back/ COVID -19 Response

Get your copy, today!
Trisha Harrington
Great book. I loved all aspects of it. Even though it was kind of sad it was still a really good read. I enjoyed the changing POV's and the characters were great. Definitely a must read. :)
Cindi
Full review can be found at On Top Down Under Book Reviews.

Daniel is mourning the sudden loss of his parents when he receives a phone call from his father's sister... a woman he's never met. When she asks him to come visit her in the Northwest, he does so because she is his only living relative. When he arrives at the family estate, Timber Manor, he is unprepared for what is there awaiting him. Not only must he awkwardly get to know an aunt he doesn't remember but he must stay in a home that is
Jeff Erno
Wow, I wish there were more paranormal books of this vein in the m/m sub-genre. We see a lot of vampire and werewolf stories, but I can't recall many good ghost stories. The Haunting of Timber Manor is about Danny,who discovers he's the heir of a family fortune. He travels to Oregon to meet his aunt, who bestows upon him her enormous estate. Aunt Carol is dying of cancer and doesn't have long to live.

After moving in, Danny finds love when a romance blossoms with the local sheriff, Hale. And he b
Ulysses Dietz
Mar 19, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
F. E. Feeley, Jr. is a new author for me, but I'll be reading more. "The Haunting of Timber Manor" is a sort of classic gothic novel ghost story of a type that makes me think of Hollywood B-films from the 1950s - but at its heart is a sweet, moving gay love story that won me over completely.

Daniel's disorientation is central to the narrative, from the moment the book opens with his driving blind in a torrential downpour as he approaches Timber Manor for the first time. It is a classic "Dark Shad
Beth doesn't write  enough reviews
A nice dark scary story to read at night with the lights on!

Are you afraid of things that go bump in the night?
Kirstin
May 14, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wow wow wow.

I love a good suspense and this was so fun. Ghosts and hauntings and wolves. Things going bump in the night.

This story was told through many different POV's which actually added to the overall experience. I found myself getting sucked in to the mystery, sweetened by the romance and anxious for the HEA.

The writing was very descriptive and foreboding, keeping the reader/listener on the edge of their seat until the very end. Very well done.

The narration left a bit to be desired, in my
Lena Grey
Apr 27, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Daniel Donnelly, of 'The Haunting of Timber Manor' by E.F. Feely, Jr., is grieving for his mother and father who died together in a boating accident. He struggles through their funeral arrangements and getting their finances in order, but he hasn't had time to grieve. Surprisingly, his father's sister contacts him and invites him to come visit and Daniel agrees. He's not really ready for a trip, but she's his only living relative and he can't refuse. In Daniel's search to get to know his aunt an ...more
Meggie
From general point of view this is a fine, enjoyable piece of work. Sure this story is nothing special, but even so, I liked it. F.E. Feeley's Writing style was oddly good, but some POV were rather unimportant. I would rather have only Daniels and Holes POV, then so many others. This story was more like a movie to me.
Paul
Oct 18, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
There were a few things about this book that I didn't like, such as the insta-love and a few others things but I did like the basic premise. It's quite creepy which is a bonus but I don't like PNR, as in having new characters for each book. I don't see how they're considered a series when most could be read as stand alone's.
F.E. Jr.
Jan 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Yeah

This is so much better. The second edition is more flushed out. Very happy with the way this turned out. I hope you, the reader, are too. Xoxo
GayListBookReviews

This is a ghost story woven around a romance. Told in first person narrative by all of the main characters, and with much of the story explained through flashbacks, it can be a little disjointed at times, but this does allow for a deeper understanding of the thoughts and actions of the people involved. While it takes a while to get there, the story does pick up and the ending is eventful.

The romance between Daniel and Hale is sweet and with the dual perspectives, you get insight into th
Candice
This was probably more of a 3.5 for me, but I'll keep it at 4 because I liked the story. I've had this on my TBR for about a year and I kept putting it off. Not in the mood for ghosts I would tell myself. This year though, I made a goal to read things out of my comfort zone. I figured I would start small and go with ghosts :) I am glad I did. This story was great.

Daniel, oh poor Daniel. He lost his parents in an accident at the same time. Losing one parent is hard enough, but both? Yeah. Right o
John The Cosmic Wanderer
Mar 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m
Dear Mr. Feeley, please write more ghost stories like this. I really enjoyed this one and your other book Objects in the Rearview Mirror. It reminded me so much of my childhood, reading ghost stories at night. I would love to see Francine again, she seems like a character with so many stories to tell. Really looking forward to your future books. Thanks. :)

Always remember, love’s very nature is to break the ties and fetters that try to restrain it, it will make a mockery of those who mock it, and
Simon
Mar 19, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Simon by: Ulysses Dietz
An old school ghost story set in the modern day, Gothic, chilling, scary and a fun read.
Daniel's parents have been recently killed in a boating accident and his father's sister requests he visit the family home and become the heir apparent.
As he loses his way to the house during a dark, stormy night, Daniel is rescued by the local Sherriff one Hale Davis and their attraction to one another quickly develops into a physical and loving relationship....so begins this ghost story.
A nice, entertainin
Stephen Osborne
Jul 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Yeah, okay, I read these out of order. Sue me. Really a 4 1/2 stars rounded up, because if you round down, well...that's just evil. The writing is crisper and cleaner in book 2, Objects in the Rearview Mirror, but I think I liked the plot and characters better in this one. I enjoyed the multiple points of view, which helped to flesh out the story. I wonder, though, if this would have been better told through 3rd person instead of multiple 1st person...just a thought. I hope we get lots more ghos ...more
Teri
Jan 28, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
2.5
Overall, this wasn't bad, I think it just wasn't for me. I couldn't get into the writing. The characters were nice and sweet but I had trouble with their decision making and some actions. I would have preferred to have been privy to conversations vs. reading that they stayed up all night talking or "bantered back and forth"
Some information in the novel was unnecessary to the point of distraction, it would have been better used maybe creating a more solid connection and chemistry between chara
Sm Dreams
Mar 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I liked it.

Really, Really enjoyed it..

And definitely going to sleep with night lights on but hey it was worth it.

The book has everything.

Ghosts, Wolfs, secrets, Haunted house, Emotions, a weird Creature name 'it' and an Medium lady. I guess she is the thread that binds the whole series....

You got my attention now F.E. Feeley Jr. Really I loved your work..keep us amazed like this its really awesome.

Diane Dannenfeldt
4.5 stars only because the I love you and I love you more came on really quickly. This was a scary haunting and I'm glad they found each other and did grow to deeply love each other, all the while battling the thing that goes bump in the night. I will definitely be continuing on with this series.
B
Dec 17, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good on book not so great on audio.
Narration is like he is doing Speed reading.
So audible I give it a good 2 1/2 stars.
Matthew Minick
Jul 29, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
For the most part, I really liked it. I am not usually a fan of horror/ghosts kind of books, but the author had me intrigued throughout most of the book! So here are some bullet points on stuff I did like and stuff that I didn't.

1) I loved that it was from more than one perspective. I loved that each character really told a story, a different perspective on the matter. This was a really effective way to tell the story. It broke it up and allowed me to see everyone's point of view.

2) I enjoyed t
multitaskingmomma
Original Blog Post: http://headouttheoven.blogspot.com/20...

One of the best things that can ever happen is to chance upon a horror novel that actually got me the goosebumps and chills. The last time this happened was when I was reading Stephen King's 'It.' This is the second book I have read written by F.E. Feeley Jr, and somehow, this is right about the scariest - after 'It.' (Or maybe equal to it. Don't mind my rambling, I swear I am still suffering from the aftermath of this story.)

This is th
Pixie Mmgoodbookreviews
3 1/2 Hearts

Review written for MM Good Book Reviews

Daniel reconnects with a long lost aunt after the loss of his parents, arriving at the family estate he begins to discover that there some things just not talked about. Timber Manor has something in its halls that hates all Donnelly’s and with Daniel’s arrival it is getting stronger. Hale knows all about the rumors of Timber Manor, he has in fact seen some strange things around the manor, and when he meets
Grammy 1
May 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the second book I have read by a bright upcoming rising star of writing.
‘Objects in the Rearview Mirror’ was my first meeting with this young man FE Feeley Jr.
And I am not looking back. If you are an aficionado of doors that squeak and things that go bump in the night Stephen King style here is a new author you will adore.

Daniel Donnelly has at his young age been affected by tragedy recently with the loss of his parents. Struggling to get his footing, he is contacted by an Aunt, his fath
Christy
3.5 Stars ~
NOTE: The author provided this book at no charge in exchange for an honest review.

I'll admit that the blurb plus the title pulled me in to the idea of reading this book. 'The Haunting of Timber Manor' just sounds spooky, and for a girl who grew up reading Stephen King, I was all for that. The fact that this was F.E. Feeley Jr.'s very first novel intrigued me, as discovering new voices brings a thrill all on its own.

Daniel Donnelly just lost his parents in a tragic accident. and now h
Skye Blue ☆*~゚ლ(´ڡ`ლ)~*☆
I was a little worried about the horror tag, but it's not really scary.

The haunting at first was subtle, but once it started to escalate, it did so quickly.
The ending was nice, but for some reason it crossed the line into unbelievable to me.
Weird.
I KNOW RIGHT!
I can accept a lot of unbelievable things.
Ghost trying to kill his family...okay, I can see that.
Dead relatives possessing the bodies of wolves to protect people...okay, I can see that..eh, kinda.
But them turning human and solid long enou
Diverse
Jan 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
4.5 Stars

Let's talk about The Haunting of Timber Manor by F.E. Feeley jr. There's a certain intensity to books like this one. Hauntings, things that go bump in the night are often times a lot of fun.

I found myself really getting immersed in this story quite a few times. Someone would tap my shoulder or call my name in my house and I'd jump. Then I'd laugh at the absurdity.

This story is told in multiple POVs. Sometimes that annoys me because I'll get confused or overstimulated. In this case it di
Riayl
Apr 26, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Took me a little bit to align myself with the flow of the writing but once I did I really enjoyed this. Personal preference would have kept the multiple POVs but not the first person part. The creepy parts were creepy enough that reading it at night, alone was a little...well, creepy. Which was really nice, I have a hard time finding romantic horror stories that I actually consider horror, though I couldn't really explain to you how something gets designated as horror in my mind vs just "bad stu ...more
« previous 1 3 4 next »
The Backlot Gay B...: The Haunting of Timber Manor 2 20 Mar 19, 2014 08:07AM
Dreamspinner Press: The Haunting of Timber Manor by F.E. Feeley Jr 1 21 Jan 07, 2013 02:04PM

• Night Drop (A Pinx Video Mystery, #1)
  • Ends of the Earth
  • Boy Shattered
  • An Unnatural Vice (Sins of the Cities, #2)
  • The Twelfth Knight (Guardians of Camelot, #1)
  • Somebody Killed His Editor (Holmes & Moriarity #1)
  • Unforgiven
  • A Walk Through Fire (Through Hell and Back, #1)
  • Nelle sue mani ( Fallen Alphas vol 1)
  • Kidnapped by the Pirate
  • How to Run with the Wolves (Howl at the Moon #5)
  • Will & Patrick Fight Their Feelings (Wake Up Married, #4)
  • Darkling (Port Lewis Witches, #1)
  • Text Me
  • Double or Nothing (Double Trouble #1)
  • Pretty Boy Dead (Kendall Parker Mystery #1)
  • Maelstrom (Whyborne & Griffin, #7)
  • After the Fire (Through Hell and Back, #2)
F.E. Feeley Jr is a believer in magic, in music, in literature, art, and those things that connect us all. Born in Detroit, Michigan, Feeley is a veteran of the United States Armed Services. Feeley has written eight novels in the past six years, including Memoirs of the Human Wraiths, Closer, When Heaven Strikes, The Color of Love, Borderland, and Hallelujah. Feeley has published a collection of P ...more

Memoirs of the Human Wraiths (3 books)
  • Objects in the Rearview Mirror (Memoirs of the Human Wraiths #2)
  • Still Waters (Memoirs of the Human Wraiths #3)

News & Interviews