Start by marking “A Warm Heart in Winter (Black Dagger Brotherhood #18.5)” as Want to Read:
A Warm Heart in Winter (Black Dagger Brotherhood #18.5)

A Warm Heart in Winter

(Black Dagger Brotherhood #18.5)

#1 New York Times bestselling author J.R. Ward is heating things up this winter with a holiday novel featuring some of her most iconic Black Dagger Brothers.

In this romantic and sexy addition to the #1 New York Times bestselling Black Dagger Brotherhood series, a beloved couple has everything arranged... until it all goes horribly wrong.

Blay and Qhuinn always intended to
Expected publication: December 1st 2020 by Gallery Books

To ask other readers questions about A Warm Heart in Winter, please sign up.
Lu Michelini I don't even think BDB can be read on its own, literally everything comes together, you have to read everything this author writes to understand it.

Start your review of A Warm Heart in Winter (Black Dagger Brotherhood #18.5)
Sophia Triad
OMG!
Blay and Qhuinn's mating ceremony!
Mare SLiTsReaD Reviews
She's gonna fuck up Qhuinn and Blay so badly.
Im gonna have to read this car crash.

SMH
NJ
If the 'catastrophic event' means Layla dying then I'm here for it. Otherwise I'm good.

Also, after reading The Chosen and Blood Fury (just the Saxton and Rhun part), I'll say that Blay got the short end of the stick.
Rhun is a waaaaay better lover than Qhuinn. So double thumbs up for Saxton.
♥ℳelody
Ok I do love that Blay is featured on the cover. Cutie ginger. ☺️
Tanja ~ T's Book ~ KT Book Reviews
Family, reconnecting, sharing joy, and love for each other. That's what Christmas and the holidays are all about. Not everyone comes from a family or a home where that happens for them. Some come from broken desolate places and are only able to find that love in the here-and-now.

A Warm Heart in WinterA Warm Heart in Winter encompasses all that for me. It's a wonderful look into the Brotherhood during the holiday season, but it's also a look into Z and Qhuinn. How the broken can be healed with p
Paula
Apr 06, 2020 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Not a Review, more an apprehension--I do not have a good feeling about this book based on the description. Considering how Qhuinn was pulled off the rails in The Chosen, Blay and Qhuinn can end in a real train wreck. Considering the hand wave to the storyline/universe cohesion thus far at the end of The Sinner, who knows what's coming.

I will probably read it, I have not gotten to the point with BDB that I got with Iron Druid where you couldn't pay me to read the last book in the series with the
Gemini
May 05, 2020 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
I can't even front I've been over Qhuay as a couple since The Chosen Blay should have dropped this crazy motherfucker!! A Suhn novella would have been preferred!! I Stan the Unproblematic Gays of BDB!!!

Still I'll give it a read!
Kim
This brings back many of the popular characters but I loved that it focused on my true favorites Blay and Quinn, and also Zhadist.

I will admit that I was disappointed in Blay and Quinn's first book, Lover at Last, because I felt their story was overshadowed by so many other stories and characters, and we got more angst than couple time with them. But in this one, I was thrilled to see more of Blay and Quinn and their passion, their bond, and the family they have made together with the twins, La
Kimberly
I checked out of the BDB series a while back... But this is Blay. I f***ing love Blay. And I really want to read a book focused on a Blay/Qhuinn HEA. So hopefully I can jump in here without having read any BDB-verse stories since Lover at Last and Blood Kiss.
Sandra
Nov 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Christmas came early in the form of A WARM HEART IN WINTER! JR Ward hit every mark with this book for a holiday romance that packs an emotional punch.

I've never been a big fan of Qhuinn's and wasn't quite sure how I'd react to this book, but I can safely say it's one of my favorites of the entire series. As A WARM HEART IN WINTER is a "novella", it's much more character-driven than we usually see. The diabolical Devina is nowhere to be seen as things at the mansion get crazy when a nor'easter w
Alicia Day
OMFG YAYAYAYAYAY
╰⊱♥⊱╮ღ꧁Kathy,Ahmazing Book Faerie꧂ღ╭⊱♥≺
Oh Dear God.
I absolutely, with a passion, HATED Blay and Qhuinn's story.

Wonder what sort of a mess this will be?
Jenn
As you may know already, I don’t read blurbs or search reviews before I read a book. Especially not from an auto-buy author like JR award. So I went in expecting a novella, since it’s labeled a .5 I’m the series. Boy, was I wrong.

This book was more BDB than any of the last few books in the series. This had everything I wanted, more of the brothers, more family moments, and way more emotion. I cried three times. And once was legit full on tears, setting the book down to collect myself, type of c
Make
Nov 20, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4 out of 5 stars to A Warm Heart in Winter by J.R. Ward!

Ward always makes her characters work for their Happily Ever After, and A WARM HEART IN WINTER is no exception, but I finished this book with a happy smile on my face.

See my full review at Fresh Fiction: https://freshfiction.com/review.php?i...
Janea
Jul 08, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'm so scared😭😭😩😩😩 this (tragedy) seriously is giving me anxiety. I'm gonna be shaking reading this. I just want them to be mated and happy with the babies😭
Mecca-Amirah Jackson
BDL #2 Blood Vow - ★★★☆☆
BDB #15 The Chosen - ★★★☆☆
BDL #3 Blood
Midniteillusion (Desiree)
Not a fan of Qhuinn but I can't skip a BDB book. I use to love Qhuinn but not so much anymore (he's right up there with Tohr on my sh!t list) so we'll see where this leaves us.
Zita
May 20, 2020 marked it as do-not-read  ·  review of another edition
Contains a M/M romance
Winn
Oct 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
OMG!! I just finished listening to Lover at Last and I’m so excited for this one. Blay and Qhuinn are one of my fav couples in BDB!! 💕
Jessica Jones
just found out about this new book - but got to wait to Nov 24th , this year (2020) to buy it
- cant wait to read .
Aug 20, 2020
Mskychick
Nov 14, 2020
« previous 1 3 next »
J. R. Ward (BLACK...: A Warm Heart in Winter--Qhuay novella 43 145 16 hours, 53 min ago

• The Dragon's Bidder (Tahoe Dragon Mates, #3)
  • Hideaway
  • Bad Liar (The Reed Rivers Trilogy, #1)
  • Hot Heir
  • Beloved Liar (The Reed Rivers Trilogy #3)
  • Beautiful Liar (The Reed Rivers Trilogy, #2)
  • When He Was Bad (Magnus Pack, #3.5; Pride, #0.75; Smith's Shifter World, #3.5)
  • Perky
  • Easy Magic (Boudreaux, #5)
  • Hasty (Do-Over, #4)
  • Feisty (Do-Over, #3)
  • Beauty and the Beefcake
  • Rockaway Bride (Girl Band #3)
  • Stud in the Stacks (Girl Band #2)
  • Broken Bonds (Crimson Point, #4.5)
  • #Junkie (GearShark, #1)
  • The Lies That Bind
  • Blood Promise (Vampire Academy, #4)
J.R. Ward is the #1 New York Times bestselling author of numerous novels, including the Black Dagger Brotherhood series. She lives in the South her family.

Black Dagger Brotherhood (1 - 10 of 19 books)
  • Dark Lover (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #1)
  • Lover Eternal (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #2)
  • Lover Awakened (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #3)
  • Lover Revealed (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #4)
  • Lover Unbound (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #5)
  • Lover Enshrined (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #6)
  • Lover Avenged (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #7)
  • Lover Mine (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #8)
  • Lover Unleashed (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #9)
  • Lover Reborn (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #10)

Articles featuring this book