Start by marking “Vanishing Act” as Want to Read:

Vanishing Act

Re-released with a new COVER!

In this captivating strangers-to-lovers, standalone romance from USA Today bestselling author, A.M. Madden, Hollywood’s hottest actor meets his dream woman: a free spirit who has no idea who he is.

Published June 8th 2020 by A. M. Madden (first published June 20th 2017)

To ask other readers questions about Vanishing Act, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Vanishing Act

Start your review of Vanishing Act
Astrid - The Bookish Sweet Tooth
✮✮✮ 2.5 STARS ✮✮✮

Review @ Vanilla & Spice Books

He has it all: wealth, fame, an Academy award under his belt and women who throw themselves at his feet. But something's missing from Landon Price's life. He despises the lack of privacy and craves normalcy. Add to that a bone-deep exhaustion Landon decides he needs a break. Disappearing sounds heavenly. Under a pseudonym he travels to paradise, Lanai, Hawaii, to refuel his depleted energy tanks. He writes his story, about the death of his twin brot
 Leo (Queen of the Rants and Spoilers)
This was an ok romance between a regular nobody girl with a "Hot Hollywood Actor".
The hero saw, fell in lust, chased the heroine.
Hero has a lot experience while the heroine was inexperienced. 🙄😒

Cute dog tho.
Syndi
Jul 13, 2020 rated it liked it
From the blurb, it promises an angsty romance. I mean a famous movie star went into hiding and found the girl of his dream. I thought the story will be dealing a lot with the girl finding out who he was.

But it turns out this is more vacation story. A story you enjoy during sun bathing in Hawaii. There is no angst. Only a lot of vanilla romance. The banters are OK. I found myself a bit bored with the romance. It is 10 hours long audiobook with no major twist/ drama.

The characters are likeable.
Carvanz
Let me first say that this book doesn’t work out the way you may think. (Oops! Hope that’s not a huge spoiler.) But for those of you who would choose not to read it because you’ve read the story of the famous hero who lies about who he is and all the angst that results from that lie…this is not that story.

Instead, it is a beautiful love story of a man who is isolated in an industry where he is never alone. No one knows the real Landon Price. Making the decision to take a break he heads to an is
Irene

All the feels for Vanishing Act by A.M. Madden.
I loved everything about this book, especially Marshmallow/Spike.
It was the perfect romantic book for my current mood.

description

*Purchase Links*
➨Amazon US: http://amzn.to/2s3Xkqy
➨Barnes & Noble: http://bit.ly/2sdsmdM
➨Kobo: http://bit.ly/2rjVRcN
➨iTunes: http://apple.co/2t55woD
➨Google Play: http://bit.ly/2srEyKd
➨Random House: http://ow.ly/zzJ6306jenc

*Thank you to the publisher for the advance copy*
~Mandi~
A.M. Madden
3⭐️⭐️⭐️

I rated this only 3 stars because it was very predictable and there wasn't anything dramatic that happened to keep my attention. It was just a typical romance with not much awe factor.
I won't rule this author completely out. I would still try another book by A.M. Madden in the future and hope for the best.
Thanks NetGalley for the arc in exchange for my honest review.
Mg ♥ The Bookishmedialite
Marshmallowwwwwwwww!!!

Review to come :)
Jessica Lemmon
Jun 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Vanishing Act is like a Hawaiian cocktail: sweet, sparkling, and satisfying! Escapism at its finest, Madden delivers the perfect summer romance.
Beth
I absolutely adored this story! I was hooked from the first sentence, plus it was staged in Hawaii, my favorite place in the world!

Landon is at the top of his game, an A-list actor that is burnt out. He is still grieving the loss of his brother and is tired of the Hollywood life. Once he wraps his latest project, he checks out. His manager is furious, as he has projects lined up, but Landon has had enough. He makes his arrangements under the name Lance White, instead of Landon Price for obvious
Rosa Sharon (iScream Book Blog)
"Time will only fuel doubts, not eliminate them"

She had me at the first sentence of this book. Nothing like an attention getter to have you engrossed immediately. And I stayed that way until the very last page. Vanishing Act was like a mini-vacation for me. It took me away from my endless To-Do-List, allowing me to relax and enjoy myself as I enacted my own vanishing act, with my 'Do Not Disturb' swag hanging on the door of my reading room.

Landon decided to escape the pressure of his f
Bookgasms Book Blog
Jun 08, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: missy
Prepare to spend the afternoon reading. Vanishing Act is a quick, fun, smart, sexy “actor in hiding” read!

From the first day, Landon’s seen the beauty and intelligence in Zara’s actions and body, and he’s fighting his desires to make her his. Doesn't matter that he's trying to take a break from the spotlight—he just wants her any way he can have her!

Faith has put her family first in every aspect of her life—until she finds that she can’t hold back her feelings for Landon any longer. She’s been f
Alison
DNF at 21%.

So, I requested this book thinking it was J.M. Madden - my bad!

Landon Price is a famous actor, he runs away to Hawaii to recharge where he meets a beautiful South African girl, who has no idea who he is! They bond over her dog, which keeps running away and who can blame him with a name like Marshmallow and then proceed to fall instantly in love.

This was just too NA/YA cliched for me, nothing seemed to be happening and I couldn't see the chemistry, it was more like they were the first
Amy
Overall, I thought this book was an ok read. I really liked the story-line and found it to be unique. I liked the characters and thought that their romance was sweet. However, I had a pretty big issue with the pacing of the story. This story started off really slow for me, so I had a hard time really getting into Landon and Zara's story. Sometimes, I don't mind a slower paced story, but for me, the slower pace just didn't work for this story. I kept waiting for it to grip me, and it just never d ...more
Heather C
Jun 19, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc, july-2017
I've been a fan of A.M. Madden since her Back-Up Series and I will read anything that she writes. So when Vanishing Act became available, I gobbled it up. I always have fun with the highly sought after actor going into seclusion only to come out with the love of his life, which is what this book is basically about.

Zara has been living on her small island in Hawaii for a long time now and it's pretty clear that she isn't that emerged in current pop culture. They lead a simple life but you can te
Shannon
Vanishing Act is a lovely, really well developed story about a burned-out movie star and the beautiful young local woman he meets when he goes off the "grid". Life has gotten to be too much for Landon Price and he just needs a break from it all. Against the advice and wishes of his agent he trades in the limelight and heads for some much needed down time on a remote, scarcely inhabited Hawaiian island. There, thanks to one match-making ball of fur, he runs into the gorgeous and slightly sheltere ...more
Alecia (The Staircase Reader)
I liked Vanishing act. I was hoping to love the hell out of this novel, but it was just okay for me.

Landon is a famous Hollywood movie star that simply needs a break from the limelight. He decides to vanish to a rural area in Hawaii. While there, fate steps in and he meets the woman that he will soon find is his other half and the love of his life...ZARA. Landon is not the only one hiding secrets though....Zara and her family are also hiding out for reasons you will soon find out.

The start of t
Bookgasms Book Blog
Aug 02, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: missy

Rachel BookJunky Author Services
I just gone done beta reading Vanishing Act. I'm in love. Landon Price was everything one would want in a book boyfriend and the leading lady, Zara was a breath of fresh air.
I've been a fan of AM Maddens from the very beginning and there's a reason why..she can write a fabulous story. I'm not a huge Contemporary Romance fan but this was so well done.
She makes you reconsider that decision you made to be a star stalker....LOL. She showcases the plight of never having your life to yourself if you'r
Emily
Landon Price is an actor who is ready for his next career move as well as a break. He knows he can't have it if he stays in California, he wants to be himself without fans flocking for attention. He heads to a small island in Hawaii looking for peace and to work on a book he wants to write It doesn't take long before his isolation is breached by a dog. Then he meets Zara Jobert.

Zara has no idea who Landon is but Landon feels something for Zara. He wants to date her, he wants to do more than that
Doris
What does a movie star do when things are getting to be too much for him? He leaves everything behind (including his phone…now who does that. lol) and rents a remote place in Hawaii. Zara who is a local girl has no idea who Landon actually is which surprises Landon because who doesn’t know of him. Landon has to work hard to get Zara because even though she doesn’t realize who he is, she does think that he is too cocky for his own good. Even if Zara would fall for Landon her father would not appr ...more
Diane Yoz
Oct 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A Great Love story all true romantics need to read.

An Endearing Love Story!! One of those special kind of stories that keeps you smiling throughout all the pages of the book. Vanishing Act had me hugging my kindle when I was done, sighing happily and yearning for a romance as passionate as (Landon) Lance's & Zara. I read this entire book in one sitting. Everything captivated me from the romance to the back stories even the beautiful location that was so easy to picture thanks to the detailed wr
Karen
Feb 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
As a movie star fed up with all the fuss where would you go to get away from it all? Apparently, Lanai in the islands of Hawaii is pretty remote. Small dogs get away from their owners sometime and actors are just getting lonely in self isolation that little dog seems a distraction. Along with the dog comes the owner.
This story is well thought out. You get a small taste of what Landon is getting away from and then you get a treat of rural Hawaii. We get culture and simple ways from a refreshing
Lynsey A
I just can't get into this story right now. I was involved in the beginning and then it slooooowed down for me so I am going to shelve this for a bit. Have other books I want to read. Will try and come back to it later. ...more
Sandy S

ABOUT THE BOOK: Release Date June 20, 2017

After personal heartbreak and professional setbacks, Landon Price is running on empty. If he doesn’t take a break from the public eye soon, he’ll risk becoming another cautionary tale in a town that’s full of them. So in between film projects, Landon asks his agent to clear his schedule and then he simply . . . vanishes. Renting a discreet home on a remote Hawaiian beach for the summer, Landon begins to recharge. And in the process of finding hi
Jezabell Girl
From a steady start to an explosive ending, this book gave me all of the feels.

Initially fearful that Marshmallow/Spike the dog would be the driving force behind this story, it soon became apparent that this would be a gentle and more serene love story than perhaps I have been used to. Reminiscent of Samantha Young’s easy going writing style, AM Madden tells a story that is happy, sad, funny and sweet, all in equal quantities. Yes, two characters who fall in love thanks to an errant dog does s
Wit & Wonder Books
*** ARC provided by author an exchange for honest review ***

When a Hollywood actor vanishes to an island to escape fame, can he find normalcy? Or will his fame follow him?

‘Vanishing Act’ by A.M. Madden follows Landon Price, the hottest movie actor in Hollywood, to the islands of Hawaii. He seeks escape from the fame and fortune of his everyday life. A single bag, a burner phone and his computer is all he takes with him. Under the alias of Lance White, he starts to unwind on the island and begins
Franci Neill
Mar 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I'm relatively new to A.M. Madden's books but I can tell you with all certainty that she has become one of my go-to authors and I'm an automatic 1-click on new releases!

This is one of those stories just grabbed me from the first page. Landon is this big time, sexy and handsome movie star that just wants to get away from it all and "re-find" himself away from all the paparazzi that comes with being in Hollywood.

Zara on the other hand lives on this tiny island that Landon has come to so he can "va
♡ Jeri's Book Attic ♡ Jeri the Romance Bibiliophile ♡

The first pages of Vanishing Act by A.M. Madden had me guessing if I choose the right book to read because the beginning of the story just feels a little to “Made up”. Everything about the male lead felt kind of fake. YES I KNOW it is a book and that means everything is “Made up”. But I believe the trick is to let the reader imagine that it could actually happen and that feeling was missing for me.

Maybe it was because the story seemed to only scratch the surface of the characters at that point
Jan
May 10, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: actors
I liked it

Vanishing Act is a sweet romance leading to an even sweeter hea.

A slow start with the getting to know you stages with both characters going over 50%

Landon escapes his busy lifestyle as an actor and goes to stay on a small island in Hawaii where he meets first a little dog that he gets attached to and talks to then even more attached to the owner Zara when she finally finds her dog.

Zara doesen't know who Landon is, the small town doesen't even have Internet.

So what do you do with no
Avid Reader
Vanishing Act by A.M. Madden
3 stars
M/F Romance
Trigger: Sibling death
I was given this book for an honest review by Wicked Reads.

This was a very romantic, Pretty Woman type story. Famous actor needs break, hides away on an island and meets a local girl. Local girl is SO local that she doesn't recognize the heart throb.

Zara is such a sheltered woman that I actually found her to be hard to believe. Yes, while I understood that her family had tragedy in their life, what teenager / early 20 year old
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• Layer by Layer (Riggins Brothers #1)
  • Reckless Memories (Wrecked, #1)
  • We Were Once
  • Smitten
  • The Rock Star's Baby Bargain
  • Southern Storm (Southern, #3)
  • Southern Sunrise (Southern, #4)
  • Worth It
  • Becoming a Vincent (The Wild Ones, #1)
  • Royal Games (Dating Games #4)
  • There is No Light in Darkness (Darkness, #1)
  • Drive Me Wild (Bellamy Creek, #1)
  • Penthouse Prince
  • Hard to Handle (Play Hard #1)
  • Not My Romeo (The Game Changers, #1)
  • Hate the Player (Hollywood #3)
  • The One for Me (The Arrowood Brothers, #3)
  • Bridezillas And Billionaires
A USA Today bestselling, award-winning author, A. M. Madden is also a Jersey girl whose addiction to romance started at twelve after reading Judy Blume’s Forever.

As a self-proclaimed hopeless romantic, she truly believes that true love knows no bounds.

In her books, she aspires to write fun, sexy, realistic love stories that will stay with you long after you turn the last page. She creates realisti