Start by marking “Descent (Fated, #2)” as Want to Read:
Descent (Fated, #2)

Descent

(Fated #2)

STELLA

I’ve become something unrecognizable.

My body and mind are split with demands that terrify me. I know the only person who can help satisfy the hunger is the one person I want to kill.

ebook
Published July 1st 2020

To ask other readers questions about Descent, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Descent

Start your review of Descent (Fated, #2)
niteskycs
Aug 06, 2020 rated it it was ok
Shelves: dark-and-twisted
2 stars

honestly the main couple of this book, stella and nathaniel, lost my interest as it went on but there are so many interesting side characters to make up for it.
the whole fated mates concept is cool but i didn’t find their personalities compelling enough, however they’re still much more interesting than elijah and luna from the first book.

i went from being annoyed by amelia to feeling sorry for her and all the terrible things she went through. i want to know more about her history with l
Priscilla⚡️happy.endings.required⚡️
I LOVED Fated.

But Descent?
Descent was a whole other beast.
It was darker,dirtier, kinkier and way more intense than Fated. It picks up not far from where Book 1 left off, so I definitely recommend starting with Fated or you’ll feel a little lost in this world. Descent expands on the world that Liza opened readers to in Fated and It surprised the hell out of me.

Liza’s writing is excellent and sucked me in from the first page. I mean, THAT FIRST CHAPTER?! Tell me that first chapter didn’t have you
Abby J Capps
Jun 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
”We’re toxic and uncontrolled, an evolving chaos that will only leave destruction before it could ever conceive beauty.”

Liza kills it yet again. I’m obsessed with this world and her characters.

Stella and Nathanial were scorching hot. The sexual tension was off the charts, their draw to each other was explosive— I felt their need for each other in Fated so I just knew the angst and tension would build even more in their book and I wasn’t disappointed!

I loved Nathanials possessive and dominant n
Sam - s.rae.reads

HOLYYYYYYY HOTNESS

I need to go chug a glass of ice cold water and sit in front of a fan for an hour now

This book starts off with such an amazing push and pull between Stella and Nathanial. Stella is struggling for reasons I won’t state without spoiling the end of the first book and Nathanial is constantly pushing her away. I was so angry at Nate throughout the first 50% of this book for how he was treating Stella but I also understood why he was doing it.

Stella is so strong, fierce an
Amara
Jun 27, 2020 rated it really liked it
Paranormal MF

Stella and Nathaniel are sizzling hot and their chemistry is insane. No matter how much Nathaniel tries to avoid Stella, she is irresistible to him. So much push and pull, so much angst, so aggressive. It is a hell of a ride.

This book is about them, Stella and Nathaniel. In the previous book, the couple was Elijah (Nathaniel's brother) and Luna (Stella's sister). In this book we still see them going strong. It also gives us another look at Amelia and I think the next book will be a
Brenna Joyce
Aug 01, 2020 rated it did not like it
This book is ridiculous on so many levels. I wanted to like it, but the “I have to be a raging asshole to you, push you away, and hurt you to protect you” is complete bullshit. I’m sorry...but that is no hero. It’s cop out to just add unnecessary drama. Why have a simple conversation with the person you’re fated with about what you being together could mean when you can verbally abuse them and push them away while being angry at them for reaching out to someone else. I honestly could not stand N ...more
Mickey
Jul 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Going from Fated straight into Descent had me falling more and more in love with Liza James. I absolutely love the world she built for these characters and the thematic elements that drove the story for this couple.

Stella and Nathanial... I was dying to find out more about their connection to one another since their first meeting in Fated. They are addicting, seductive, and combustible. Though Nathanial constantly denies they connection and pull to one another, Stella never gives up on what she
Crystal Bell
Jul 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Best Paranormal romance Book, Ever. Liza James has done it again; she wrote a phenomenally fantastic book. I have not one negative thing to say. Sizzling Hot.

Nathanial is my favorite of the brothers and my favorite character. He is Dominate, handsome, and struggles with his feeling towards Stella.

Book two starts off where book one ended. Stella is struggling; for a reason, I can not reveal as it would be a spoiler. She asks Nathanial for help, and he refuses to. He tries to push her away and
Mandy’s Book Reviews
Wow ! Stella and DADDY Nathaniel was sizzling hot and their chemistry was insane in this book ! Descent was a dark sexy kinky paranormal romance like no other and this story , Liza James writing is why I LOVE this genre so much and it reminded me why I started reading to begin with to get lost in a fantasy world that a author has created that you never want to leave and that is what this author has done for me . The push and pull between these two characters, the angst ugh this story is phenomen ...more
Zoe (zoe.s.a)
Jun 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
“Not Jesus. Not even God. But I am your fucking daddy and I’ll put you in your goddamn place just the same.”

Honestly, I’m a mess after reading this book. It was genuinely everything and more that I could’ve wanted from Stella and Daddy Nates story and I am obsessed with their messy ass relationship. There were so many ups and downs and such raw and powerful emotion that I feel shook now that I’m finished reading. I think I’m going to need a week long nap after reading this because it was just
Lilith
THE REVIEW FOR THE BOOK DESCENT BY LIZA JAMES

GENRE: PARANORMAL ROMANCE...FANTASY.
TYPE: BOOK 2 IN THE FATED SERIES.
POV: FIRST PERSON..WITH DUAL POV.
RATING: 5 CRAZY STARS.

********
******
***

wow......incredible....This book..blew my mind away..as i said in the review of Fated I am not a fan of paranormal romance but this book changed my perspective.

Stella and Nathanial are some of the characters that will remain ingrain in my mind for a long time.
This book gave the new meaning to angst and passio
Amanda Anderson (Beauty.and.the.bookies)
SO IN LOVE WITH THIS SERIES.
SO IN LUST WITH THIS AUTHOR.
LIKE, WOW.
I thought nobody could outrank my love for Luna and Elijah. They were the king/queen in my eyes. But Nathaniel and Stella walked in the door and said "hold my beer". They blew me away so much more than I thought they would. Nathaniel was EVERYTHING I LOVED IN A HERO. Stella was so fierce and sexual. Gahhh. I mean, the sexual tension that was hinted in book one was only a miniscule part of this book. The chemistry and angst was
Ana Manjić
Aug 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
3-BB1-B5-D8-755-D-4-C62-B426-8-FFFFB2-DE94-E

What’s your pleasure? This angel and demons trope with hot and steamy scenes…Liza James hit this one. This book will obsess you and possess you, consume you, and leave you breathless.

She is a sex addict, pure daredevil, and a smartass …He can give her what she needs but he's keeping her at a distance thinking he is still helping and protecting her even though it is getting harder to resist her at any moment. He is dominant and possessive and is fighting inevitable.
Together they will crash
EroticaAfterDark (Lilith)
NEW RELEASE
→ Just released! Grab your copy now! ←

paranormal

→ Submit or subscribe to The DARK Newsletter! ←

Blurb:
STELLA

I’ve become something unrecognizable.

My body and mind are split with demands that terrify me. I know the only person who can help satisfy the hunger is the one person I want to kill—Danner.

But I have my own theories, my own intuition that implies someone else can feed me like no other. I’m drawn to him like a spark to his flame. He ignites my spirit but amplifies the excruciating appetite.

Because he
Yaneli
Jun 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Received ARC in exchange for an honest review*
Rating: 5 Stars!
Full review at bookboyfriendsdoitbetter.com

"Our bond overflows with love and passion as we come together in a powerful collision— finding a home within each other. Finally."

I absolutely adore stubborn ass Nathanial and beautiful sweet Stella.

Liza James has made me realize I don't dislike slow-burn as much as I thought I did. If you despise slow-burn, then this might not be the series for you. BUT, if you like being extremely frust
Megan
Jun 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
'A goddamn masterpiece. That's what she is.'

If you thought Fated blew your mind, Descent will take you one step further. I didn't think Fated could be topped! Liza gave passion and angst a whole new meaning in this read.

We know Nathanial from Fated as Elijahs brother and Stella being Lunas sister. however Nate is a lot more brooding and stubborn this time round and the tension between him and Stella is almost unbearable. It's a constant push and pull, but I am here for every second of it!

I fo
EducatedBookFreak
Jun 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is one twisted, emotional, and totally OUT OF THIS WORLD book! My heart was ready to come out my chest many times. I couldn’t finish this book fast enough! Holy COW!!

WOW!! What a rollercoaster. I am floored by this author and their story. I’m still trying to wrap my brain around what I just read. These characters become so REAL - absolutely makes you obsessed with them!!

The author has an amazing way with words. This paranormal book isn’t usually my go to read - but it encompasses such an
Katie Salt
Jun 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: five-star-read
'With everything that I am and in everything that we're becoming. You're mine.'

Now I felt like this book had a lot to live up to as I really loved Fated but man this book did not disappoint! I enjoyed this even more than the first book which I honestly did not think would be possible.

Stella and Nathaniel just have this chemistry that is evident in every word and every look they share and I was totally here for it! Their relationship is messy at times and complicated and I can't even go into any
Zoe-Amelia Harris
5 Smoking Hot Stars 🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥

"I want own her body, ravage her spirit, and then fuck her mind in the only ways that matter. All the ways that make her fucking mine."

Jesus... I need a shower after that, it was SO HOT 🥵

Stella, girl, I love you but I need Daddy Nate for myself 🔥

Stella and Nate were just phenomenal 😍 they're chemistry was OFF THE CHART, the push and pull to their connection had me literally glued to my kindle flipping pages like I only had one day to live and I needed to get to the e
ʟᴀʀᴀ  ɢᴏᴍᴇs
4.75 / 5 ⭐

Liza did it again! I'm so happy I discovered her work this year and have been able to follow this amazing journey. The Fated world isn't something I thought I needed but now that I have been introduced to it, I need more!!

These two... Nathanial and Stella, I lived for them! I was so excited to see how things would envelop between them and I was definitely not disappointed! The sexual tension was waaaay up there, even in the previous book. I loved to witness it, how they couldn't stop b
Kandace Denys (bookish_kayy)
Jun 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
“𝙒𝙚’𝙧𝙚 𝙖𝙣 𝙤𝙧𝙘𝙝𝙚𝙨𝙩𝙧𝙖, 𝙥𝙚𝙧𝙛𝙤𝙧𝙢𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙤𝙣 𝙚𝙖𝙘𝙝 𝙤𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙧 𝙡𝙞𝙠𝙚 𝙞𝙣𝙨𝙥𝙞𝙧𝙚𝙙 𝙢𝙪𝙨𝙞𝙘𝙞𝙖𝙣𝙨. 𝙒𝙚’𝙧𝙚 𝙡𝙤𝙨𝙩 𝙞𝙣 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙢𝙪𝙨𝙞𝙘, 𝙘𝙧𝙚𝙖𝙩𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙨𝙤𝙢𝙚𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙗𝙚𝙖𝙪𝙩𝙞𝙛𝙪𝙡 𝙜𝙧𝙤𝙪𝙣𝙙𝙚𝙙 𝙞𝙣 𝙙𝙖𝙧𝙠𝙣𝙚𝙨𝙨.“

Fated might have snatched my wig, but Descent wasted no time, skipped the line and came straight for my SOUL. I don’t even want it back, it’s fine, I’m sure James will take care of it.

If you do anything this year, read this series. Yes you’ve read Angel/Demon PNR before. I promise, you’ve never encountered anything quite like Daddy Nathaniel & Stella.
Nikkole Reynolds
Jun 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
My absolute favorite book from Liza James. I couldn’t put it down!! She drew me in with her amazing writing and details. I felt like I was a part of the story, not just an outsider looking in. She drew me in with every page making it impossible to stop reading. I had to know what happened next.

Stella and Nathaniel are toxic, raw and unapologetic. Their chemistry was unlike anything I've read in any other story. I could literally feel their emotions as if they were my own. They are the perfect mi
RebelLoveReviews
Jun 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
If You thought Fated was amazing, ya’ll ain’t seen nothing yet! This book is frustratingly fantastical! Really held back tossing my kindle across the room multiple times. I had to take breaks after a few pages, it was torture for the first half! A slow burn festering into a blazing fucking inferno till the end!

Descent begins the torturous fated bond between Stella and Nathaniel, with the latter refusing to accept, acknowledge or respond to the obvious conclusion that they will be better togethe
Noreen Machelle
Jun 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Wow! What a story! This was a fast paced, page turner of a book! I love Stella's sassy self so much! She's not taking anyone's crap and I'm here for it! Fallen angels, demons, succubus? What more can you ask for? I'll tell you what! An amazing story with a hot, slow burn romance that you can't get enough of. Read this book! You won't be disappointed! ...more
Anna Widzisz
Aug 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
There's one thing to say: I love Nathanial, Stella, the plot, the paranormal pieces, romantic dynamics, sex scenes, the way it's written, the cover and the author.

I think it speaks volumes.
Live, Laugh, Love
I love the world Liza James has created! The chemistry between Nathaniel and Stella will blow your mind.
Star217
Jul 02, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: dark, paranormal
Ok

I was excited after the first book I felt there was a lot of potential and I couldn’t wait to read about Nathaniel and the sister. However I found myself bored with the back-and-forth and anxious to read about the side characters. They seem to have a lot more excitement going on I will continue to read this series based on those side characters Lucifer, Esmey, Leon ...
Great writing
Thalia Sanchez
Jun 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: my-favorites

FIVE CAVERNOUS STARS

“There’s always a little light in the darkness, a little evil tainting the brightest of suns. Nothing and no one is ever completely good or entirely evil.”
I’ve been trying to put together my thoughts about this book for days—no, for weeks now. I got sucked into this series around the end of May and I got so obsessed with Stella and Nathanial that it was unreal, and now we’re here in the second book.

Let me tell you, this book had me on a rollercoaster of emotions. It kic
Cesilia Buenrostro
Nov 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Descent is the second book of the Fated series by Liza James, so if you haven't read the first book, I suggest you go read it before you continue reading this review. Would not want to spoil anything for you. Now that is out the way. Descent focuses on Stella and Nathaniel, Luna's sister and Elijah's brother. Both dealing with some heavy and difficult things. What I found interesting was Nathaniel's attitude towards Stella. Here is someone who pushed his brother into accepting Luna as his fated. ...more
Monica
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Boy of Ruin (Unsainted, #4)
  • The Cruelest Chaos (Unsainted, #3)
  • Unorthodox (Sick Love #1)
  • Pray for Scars (Unsainted, #2)
  • These Monstrous Ties (Unsainted, #1)
  • The Initiation (The 4 Horsemen, #1)
  • Royal Bully (Mafia Royals, #0.5)
  • Why Are You Here? (Love Kills #1)
  • Ecstasy
  • Just Drop Out (Hannaford Prep, #1)
  • Let Me (Vengeful, #1)
  • The Test (The 4 Horsemen, #2)
  • Ugly Girl (Aston Creek High #1)
  • Break Me (Vengeful, #2)
  • Sworn Enemies (The Football Boys #3)
  • Shallow River
  • The Reaper (Dark Verse, #2)
  • Sing To Me (Dark Renzetti, #1)

Fated (2 books)