Start by marking “Altered Helix” as Want to Read:
Altered Helix

Altered Helix

(Altered Helix #1)

I didn’t want to take the traditional path. First, I wasn’t ready for college. Second, I was going to live with my best friend, Tiff, and work at the Haunted House. Third, did I mention the hot guy Josh that works there too?

The most exciting thing about Austria’s new job, at a local haunted house, was the fact that the toughest looking people screamed the loudest. But when
Kindle Edition
Published May 19th 2020 by Hypothesis Books

To ask other readers questions about Altered Helix, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Altered Helix

Start your review of Altered Helix
Kimberly
Jun 09, 2020 rated it really liked it
The book is a good teen and young adult read. The story has a good story line. The characters are good, and they have good chemistry.

Píaras Cíonnaoíth
Aug 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A first-class fantasy with perfect pacing...

Altered Helix by Stephanie Hansen is book 1 in the Altered Helix Series. I started this series at book 2, Stranded Coil and because I was so impressed by the story I decided to start from the beginning. Again, I thought this book was wonderfully written and richly descriptive. The threads of storytelling are expertly woven in this highly imaginative other world fantasy tale that had my attention from beginning to end.

I enjoyed the story, the character
TheCrookedHouse
Sep 24, 2020 rated it liked it
Altered Helix is a YA Paranormal Mystery Novella that honestly gave me the old WB vibes. It's basically a teen drama series that is laced with supernatural elements and a little bit of thrilling adventure.

As is common with most novellas, there is room for the characters to be further developed and for the occurrences to be explained in more depth but I think that since this book is part of a growing series, this isn't really that big of an issue.

The story itself is very unique and interesting,
Larissa Lopes
Jun 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Romance, mystery, ghosts—this story has everything!! I loved the “fantasy triller” part of the story, and I’m totally rooting for Austria and Josh!

(I’m also scared for them, actually. I feel like there are still a lot of secrets hidden in that Haunted House, and I don’t want anything bad to happen to them!)

So, yeah, if you’re a fan of YA mysteries, I definitely recommend this one!
CarlitasFox
Jun 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
What a story! A great mystery.
As soon as I read the first page of the book, I could not put it down! “Altered Helix- First Novella” was written by Stephanie Hansen and it is an excellent sample of suspense. The story caught my attention from the start.
The plot revolves around the main character, a 17-year-old girl, Austria, who decides to take a different path in her life. Instead of studying a career, she chooses to live with her best friend and work in a peculiar place: The Haunted House. Aust
May
*I was kindly given a copy of this in exchange for an honest review*
I wasn't a big fan of any of the characters. It felt like there were a lot of them and you never really got to know any of them. It felt like they were written to further the plot and not like they were actually people with their own personalities. There was nothing likeable about them and they weren't relatable in any way. They did nothing that would suggest they had a life outwith the plot or prior to the book. Ultimately this
Donna
Aug 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: sci-fi, 2020, mystery, romance
This was so good!! I had a hard time putting it down when I had to. But I read quickly, and not just because it was short, but it grabbed my attention from the very beginning and then I kept wanting to see what happens and what exactly was going on. I was not disappointed, and I’m really looking forward to reading the next book!!!
Liliyana Shadowlyn
Sep 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2020-reads
Altered Helix is a brilliant start to a new series. The first chapter grabs you and pulls you in, and from there it's a wild ride with twists and turns around every corner. A young adult mystery with a touch of the paranormal that anyone can enjoy as you follow along with Austria and Josh's story. ...more
SUBHRA
Oct 11, 2020 rated it really liked it
Altered Helix by Stephanie Hansen 📚

My rating : 4.8/5 📚

🌻My review🌻:

📚 Altered Helix is an incredible novel written in the most beautiful words for one to read.

📚It is written by a splendid writer, Stephanie Hansen, who made me go through different emotions from being scary, loved and cry all at the same time .

📚It had 14 chapters which will not let anyone sleep but read more with each passing chapter!

📚The story revolves around a 17year old girl, namely Austria who is much more than her age.

📚She di
Junisha Panjwani
Oct 11, 2020 rated it really liked it

This Quarantine Is Now Becoming Too tougher to survive Day by Day, Meanwhile came Across A Beautifully Written Novel, which Actually Eased my Isolation Time, Checkout Out This Book May be be it will help you all too

I love mysterious novels, books and series and this is one of them. If you love mystery, you will definitely love this book.
Highlighting Some Peaks,the story is full of Twists & Turns right from the first chapter, which made me to complete it in One Go..

Story revolves around a 17 ye
Meigan
ALTERED HELIX is a short and sweet ghosty mystery thats perfect for fall. And the best part? Much of it centers around a haunted house. Not a house that’s haunted, but one of those awesome fun houses that pop up around this time of year. I don’t want to give too much away in terms of plot or what happens, so I’ll just share my thoughts. I liked the premise of the story surrounding the DNA and the mystery plays directly off of that. Austria finds herself at the center of it all when she’s involve ...more
Chirag
Oct 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Being in Isolation was a very difficult task but the books made it really easy for me to isolate from the world and get into a new one. A new world where these books took me, here is one of those books called "Altered Helix: Novella One" starting with the title of the book, it's a simple basic and a totally relevant one. The cover of the book is quite basic but attractive.
Talking about the plot of the book, This is a world novel that has collapsed and now most people live on the street, some peo
Smita Mohapatra
Oct 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
⭐Book Review Tour ⭐

💎Altered Helix by Stephanie Hensen💎

💎My rating 4.7/5⭐

💎My review:-

✨Altered Helix by Stephanie Hansen is the first in three novels that introduce you to Austria and the motely crew she works with at the haunted house.Austria knows she is different but her mother won't tell her what she knows and her father is dead .

✨When she find she has a unique element in her DNA , Altered Helix ,she finds survival would be easier if she knew whom or what was after her.All she has is the nightm
Abhijeet
Oct 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
⏩ Altered Helix by Stephanie Hensen

My review📚

➡️ A short and sweet mystery thats perfect to fall and believe in.

➡️ The mystery surrounds around a haunted house, but not like an typical "haunted house" , the premise of the story surrounding the DNA and mystery place directly off that.

➡️ A 17 year old girl who decides to take a different path in her life. Instead of studying in college, she chooses to live with her best friend and work in place : "The haunted house"

➡️ If you enjoy mystery and ghost
Niket Setia
⭐My Rating :- 4.5/5

✨This book is read by a good teen and young adult. The storey has a good storey line. A fantasy of the first class with perfect pacing Romance, mystery, ghosts, this storey has it all. I loved the part of the storey's fantasy triller and I'm completely rooting for Austria and Josh

✨A 17-year-old girl who is determined to take another direction in her life. "She prefers to live with her best friend and work in her place instead of studying at college:" The Haunted House''

✨It's a
Lisa  (Bookworm Lisa)
***3.5 stars***

Altered Helix focuses on a young woman who is trying to figure out how she would like to spend the rest of her life. The story takes place in almost what I would consider an alternate reality. Society is made up of people who have homes and jobs, and it seems to be normal for teenagers to be living on the streets.

Austria tries living away from her mom working at a haunted house. The group of young adults is eclectic. There are the well-to-do frat boys, the middle class, the homel
Evelyn
May 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Altered Helix is the first book in the Altered Helix series. It is written by Stephanie Hansen and addressed to young adults. Part fantasy thriller and part drama, this story is about a woman called Austria. She has just finished high school, she is 17 years old, and as she doesn’t feel ready for college, she starts working at a local haunted house. Her life changes completely when she meets Josh, a homeless boy.
If you enjoy mystery and ghost stories, this is a book to check out. Stephanie is a
Daksh
Altered Helix by Stephanie Hensen

MY Rating:-9.6/10

My Review📚

⭐The storey re revolves around the main character A 17 year old girl Austria who chooses to take a different direction in her life. She starts living with her best friend instead of studying and seeking a career and works in a peculiar place. Altered helix is a short and sweet ghosty mystery the perfect for fall

⭐Intensely caring and full of surprises, the helix captures the struggle to polarise individuals who have to work together for
Diksha Thapar
Oct 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
In these recent time of quarantine and isolation, books helped me survive and one of these books was Altered Helix.

Coming to the plot, the story revolves around a 17 year old Austria which is a main character. The girl tries to take a different path from the usual. Instead of going to college, she decided to live with her best friend and work in a very different place. THE
Sharon Clark
Nov 23, 2020 rated it liked it
This is the first book in a series and I’ll definitely be looking for the next installment!
I’m interested to learn more about the characters and how they all fit together, and to find out more about the “altered helix” and who it affects and what it means.
My criticism would lie in that I felt the last few chapters were rushed and a little disjointed, and the writing style was hard for me fully lose myself in the story.
I enjoyed Altered Helix and I’ll be looking for book two, Stranded Coil!
Amy Brewer
Jun 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Great book, it's like a thrill ride with depth and twists and turns I never saw coming.

This is not your average cookie-cutter YA novel. It may seem so, with a girl working at a Haunted House and the hot boy she is crushing on, but it is so much more than that. I won't spoil it for you because I highly recommend you read it. The author's creativity is outstanding. I can't wait for books 2 and 3 in this series.
Shanessa
Jun 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
So I bought this book for my 17 year old daughter, but decided to read the first chapter first. Well...before I knew it I was halfway through the book. Yes, it's that good.

For me this book had a similar feel to Stephen's King Joyland, which is a book I love. But then it's also got a young adult dystopian vibe as well as romance and mystery. It really is a phenomenal cross-genre story that anyone could enjoy. It was just a really unique and creative story!

For such a short book, I felt the chara
Pegboard
Jun 18, 2020 rated it really liked it
Altered Helix by Stephanie Hansen is the first in three novellas that introduce you to Austria and the motley crew she works with at the haunted house. Austria knows she is different but her mother won't tell her what she knows and her father is dead. When she finds she has a unique element in her DNA, Altered Helix, she finds survival would be easier if she knew whom or what was after her. All she has is her nightmares to guide her and a new friend to help when he can.

I felt Altered Helix was c
TBHONEST
Jun 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Altered Helix is a well crafted and engaging read with a highly likeable cast of characters, It is definitely better suited to being a novel rather than a novella, as it would give the author more chance to flesh out the extraordinary world they appear to have created.
Christine Bialczak
Sep 08, 2020 rated it really liked it
Altered Helix by Stephanie Hansen is a fast paced, coming of age mystery where the life of one teen becomes intertwined with a group of similarly aged young adults. Join Austria as she learns more about where she came from and what life has in store for her.

Readers will enjoy the twists and turns of this quickly pivoting plot, at once drawn in by a sneak peek of the main character’s face with danger: being kidnapped from her job. The author introduces a variety of characters and the reader is l
Erica
May 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I was completely catapulted into Altered Helix by Stephanie's cast of well-developed characters and her well-crafted settings. I truly can't wait to read the rest of the books in the series! ...more
Pearl
Jun 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
Altered Helix by Stephanie Hansen is a fast-paced novella that will take you to a whole new level of mind games as it exudes mystery, drama, and thrill. What I liked about this novella is the story itself. Although it already presents what to be expected, the author did an amazing job to still keep you guessing until the end of the story.

Austria, as a character, is amazing. For a 17 year old girl, I admire her thirst for a life that is different than normal teenagers would like to have. She cho
Ivana S.
Jun 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
I love mystery books a lot! When I first saw the cover and read the prologue I knew that this book was the one I was looking for. “Altered Helix” is an intriguing and thought provoking book written by Stephanie Hansen. It is the first book in the Altered Helix Series.

The story is set in Austria. It is narrated in first person and written through the eyes of the protagonist, a girl that skips college in order to live with her best friend Tiff and work in A Haunted House. There she meets Josh and
Angela
Oct 02, 2020 added it
Excellent

Great characters and intriguing story. The only complaint I would have is that I wish it was longer so the author could have developed the main character relationships more.
Katie  Judy
Aug 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A beautifully intriguing beginning

It was hard to put this book down. The words flowed easily, the scenes moved quickly, and the plot was intriguing. While the author just started to scratch the surface of something much bigger in the altered helix DNA, the story of the characters working in the haunted house and developing a family with one another kept the pages turning. Being from the Kansas City area was also a treat as the author mentioned specific locations that were easy for my mind to pu

• Birth of the Fae: Locked Out of Heaven
  • Long Bright River
  • Notes Left in Time
  • Urban Marriage 14: Atlanta Mom Goes MAGC (Moms Against Gay Cults)
  • Sometimes I Lie
  • The Reluctant Healer
  • The Overdue Life of Amy Byler
  • Sky Turtle Tours: An Ocean Prince Tale
  • Forbidden Love (The Power of Love Series Book 1)
  • When Life Gives You Lululemons (The Devil Wears Prada, #3)
  • The Devil Wears Prada (The Devil Wears Prada, #1)
  • American Royals (American Royals, #1)
  • Anger is an Acid (The Patience of a Dead Man #3)
  • Still Me (Me Before You, #3)
  • Dead Woman Scorned (The Patience of a Dead Man #2)
  • If You Only Knew
  • The Bromance Book Club (Bromance Book Club, #1)
  • Searching for Sylvie Lee
Agent @metamorphosis_lit | PenCraft Award Winning Author | Mom | Half Deaf | ALTERED HELIX (2020) | REPLACED PARTS @fireiceyabooks & @tantoraudio | 2021

Altered Helix (3 books)