Start by marking “Surrender (Seaside Pictures, #4)” as Want to Read:
Surrender (Seaside Pictures, #4)

Surrender

(Seaside Pictures #4)

From #1 New York Times bestselling author Rachel Van Dyken comes the next standalone rockstar romance in her Seaside Pictures series…

I had his posters on my wall when I was sixteen and when I accidentally got pregnant in high school—his was the face I dreamt of when I closed my eyes at night.
Now, over twenty years later, that dream's turned into a reality.
Not only is Drew
ebook, 1st Edition, 368 pages
Published June 23rd 2020 by Rachel Van Dyken (first published June 6th 2020)

To ask other readers questions about Surrender, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Surrender

Start your review of Surrender (Seaside Pictures, #4)
Anovelqueen
***4 STARS***

"The only reason I'd be walking out that door would be to get groceries, run an errand you want, or go to the studio. Just know that walking out that door doesn't mean I'm not fully planning on walking back in." Drew

Imagine meeting your celebrity high school crush and find out that the person you have been crushing on for years now is crushing on you. Woweeeee.....That is what happens to Bronte Connors. The rock star she was in love with in her teens is now wanting to be with her. T
Ꮗ€♫◗☿ ❤️ ilikebooksbest.com ❤️
Terrific Rockstar Romance!

This was a wonderful romance between a Rockstar and a mother who hasn’t had enough fun in her life. I really liked the fact that the heroine Bronte, had her first child at sixteen years old so she was really a grown up way too soon. She completely missed that fun part of life when you are young and having all the fun with little responsibility.

Along comes the Hero Drew Amherst, who is nearly the same age as her and has been a rockstar since he was young. Bronte actually
✰ Liz ✰
"I'm not letting you go. I hope you know that."
description

Surrender (Seaside Pictures #4) is a standalone rockstar romance from the Seaside Pictures Series full of passion, romance, and beautiful music. Although this is the fourth book in the series, it can be read as a stand-alone. Bronte (lovingly named B by Drew) is a single mom who has spent her entire life taking care of her three kids. Tired from raising kids and working hard to keep them safe, she has learned to overcome! Her oldest son has foun
Dali
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ 5 STARS ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
➵ Hero: 5. Drew Amhurst. Singer. Composer. Rocker. Bad Boy. Completely swoon worthy. Being in the music industry at a young age put him in the path of temptation. Even though he’s now older and wiser, he still has his demons to battle, but perhaps the gorgeous Bronte can sooth his raged edges.
Maybe it wasn’t about fixing what was broken and then handing it over; maybe it was about merging our pieces into one.

It’s also worth mentioning that Drew was a fantastic No
Elle Kennedy

𝑆𝑢𝑟𝑟𝑒𝑛𝑑𝑒𝑟 𝑖𝑠 𝑎 𝑠𝑖𝑧𝑧𝑙𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑟𝑜𝑚𝑎𝑛𝑐𝑒 𝑏𝑒𝑡𝑤𝑒𝑒𝑛 𝑎 𝑟𝑜𝑐𝑘𝑠𝑡𝑎𝑟 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑤𝑜𝑚𝑎𝑛 ℎ𝑒 𝑗𝑢𝑠𝑡 𝑐𝑎𝑛'𝑡 𝑟𝑒𝑠𝑖𝑠𝑡. 𝐷𝑜𝑛'𝑡 𝑚𝑖𝑠𝑠 𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑠 𝑠𝑐𝑜𝑟𝑐ℎ𝑖𝑛𝑔, 𝑠𝑡𝑎𝑛𝑑𝑎𝑙𝑜𝑛𝑒, 𝑠𝑢𝑚𝑚𝑒𝑟 𝑟𝑒𝑎𝑑!

Surrender by Rachel Van Dyken is live and on sale for just $2.99 for release. After release week the price will be going up to $3.99. This will be the only time it is on sale in 2020.

Penny Reid
Jun 23, 2020 marked it as to-read

Willow Winters

Melissa
Jun 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Drew Amhurst, one of the lead singers, of Adrenaline and Bronte Connors, mother of Drew's protege Braden, are both broken. When Drew offers to help Bronte through her birthday and anniversary week, the sparks fly between the two.

This book is everything that I wanted it to be and more. From the antics of Bronte's youngest daughter Amelia to the group text messages between all of the guys, the chemistry between Drew and Bronte jumps off of the pages. This, in my opinion, is an epic love story wher
Abstract Books
Jun 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
My-Post-1
My-Post-1
All my reviews can be found on my blog : ABSTRACT BOOKS

SURRENDER was a standalone Contemporary Romance novel By the best-selling author Rachel van Dyken. It is set in the same world as the Seaside pictures series.

The one thing I am absolutely addicted to is how Rachel also manages to break my heart through her books!! The way she manipulates the story line, I mean I have lost count the number of times I wanted to throw away my kindle because I had too many emotions churning inside me. But then I
Sawyer Bennett

Athena
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ 5 STARS

I love... love... LOVED Bronte and Drew's story! It was fun and their banter was entertaining. Loved the mission of 'Operation Bronte Connors Gets her Groove Back' and the 'Not-Your-Dad' relationship he had with Bronte's daughter, Amelia. The whole story was endearingly sweet and steamy, and not your typical rock star romance. Surrender by Rachel Van Dyken is an EPIC read that will join the ranks of the BIBLIO-ARISTOCRACY!!!
Bibliophile  Chloe
Jun 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is the first book in this series that I have read and can truly say that this can be read as a standalone, but now I want to go and read the whole series.  After reading this, you will too!

Surrender is the story of Drew and Bronte.  Two more mature characters with life experience and wisdom that shapes them to the people they are.

Bronte is a single mom, she had her children early in life. She totally missed out on the fun and foibles of her teenage years because of motherhood. But she took
Shades of Rebecca
Jun 23, 2020 rated it liked it
It was a pretty good book, but I had difficult time connecting with the characters and therefore with the story. I liked the theme a lot - a mother who is approaching 40 who needs to get out there more and a sexy rockstar! There were a lots of steamy moments there for sure.

Full review coming soon!
PP's Bookshelf
Jun 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
My heart is not big enough to hold all the overwhelming emotions in Surrender by Rachel Van Dyken. It was perfect love story of two imperfect souls. I laughed , I cried, I swooned and I fall in love irrevocably with this irresistible love story!

Drew Amherst is the prototype of misunderstood, broken, destroyed bad boy rockstar. He is drowning under the guilt and shame of his reckless and dark past. And his protégé's mom is like a light his soul is magnetically attracted. Bronte didn't have an eas
Randi (randi_reads)
Jun 22, 2020 rated it really liked it
Drew Amhurst is one of the lead singers of the band Adrenaline. He is in Seaside, Oregon, with his bandmates to write and record some new songs before the second leg of their tour starts. He has nothing.

Bronte Connors is his protege’s mother, but is only three years older than him. Drew has ogled her from a distance so as not to upset Braden (his protege and her son.)

Drew carries a lot of baggage with him. He’s had a life filled with music, women, drugs and stupid mistakes. Some of this mistakes
K. Bromberg

MissPetiteBrunetteBookBlog
Jun 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: rockstar, single-mom
Rockstar, Drew Amhurst’s poster used to hang from Bronte Conner’s wall as a teen. Now her son, Braden is his protégé. Drew, frontman for the band Adrenaline, always had a thing for his protégé and bandmate’s mom but, obviously she was off limits...right?!? After getting ahold of Bronte’s number, Drew starts some fun and flirty texts with her. When Branden goes away on vacation will his mentor be able to resist his mom for a week. This was absolute magic! Omg, Drew is that sexy/snarky rockstar we ...more
Rosanna
Jun 18, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: arcs
3 3/4 stars!
Not entirely 4 but not three.
I really enjoy reading this authors books. Like the way she writing is easy and flowey. The way the characters just grab you and captivate you’re from page one.

Bronte is a 39 year old celibate woman that had her youth cut short at 16 when she got wild for once in her life and got pregnant. Then two more times after that. All with the wrong man.

After 14 years of putting her children first she decides that she was going to give in to a deal she made wit
A.BookNerd.Bookseller&Bibliophile.Blog
A tortured rockstar with a questionable past and a single mom raising three grown children, who just happens to be the mother to the protege you've created. This book was so fantastic (not surprised coming from RVD). If you've read her books in the past you know that you will get sucked into them, this one was no different. I love how she is able to interject humor at the appropriate times and makes the love story realistic (well as realistic with a rockstar). After reading Provoke and meeting B ...more
Kali McQuillen
Jun 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2020-read, 2020-arc
Drew, how you cracked me up, made me fan my face, not just from being hot but from the tears!!!! Bronte made me laugh too, she had been missing out on so much of life. More than she realized until Drew started showing her what she had been missing.

Will Drew make her believe in happily ever after and deliver or is she so stuck in the past and afraid for the future that she won't allow Drew to do it?

The band of course cracked up and Amelia did too. I was highlighting the crap out of this book and
Robin
Shelves: kindle-book
Rockstar romance, yes please! Oh my hotness!!!! This book has all the feels in it. Wow!
I have read the other books in Seaside and so getting to dip back into the world of these characters and finally get a chance to really get to know Drew.
Oh Drew...🥰
If you haven't read an of the other Seaside books, don't worry, you will not be lost. You will however find more books you want to read.
I truly love how Rachel Van Dyken wrote this book, the dialog is so on point it is like you are watching a sh
Tracey Vuolo
Jun 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Surrender is a beautiful story of second chances and falling in love with the person that puts your broken pieces back together while helping you realize all that you are and more! Bronte and Drew have this undeniable attraction that is as sexy as it is sweet. But they are both fighting their own demons and need each other more than either of them realizes and what a tidal wave it is to watch! You need to read this book for the bribes, Amelia, the group texts, the surprises and Ryan alone. This ...more
Jill
Jun 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
What can I say....the one liners from these guys! I loved how you could laugh, feel the sexual tension and the hurt through the pages. I love going back to Seaside!! I always want more. Aslo LOVED the little drop about our Mafia guys.
The Romance Book Disciple (Samantha)

Surrender combines lots of interesting elements. First, you have your rockstar romance. Then you have a bit of lusting after a friends mom. You have a single mother. Seriously, there is a lot going on!

Andrew (Drew) is a 36 year old rockstar who is beginning to feel like he is missing out on life. His band mates are all happily married and Drew is nowhere close to that. He has beat his drug addiction, but his life feels unfulfilled. I don't really like rockstar romances, but this twist on t
Krystal
Jun 17, 2020 rated it really liked it
This was a thoroughly enjoyable stand-alone story set in the world of Seaside, Oregon. It was nice to see some familiar faces, but not having read many of the Seaside Pictures spin off of books, I didn't feel like I was lost or missing out by having characters mentioned that I hadn't seen before.

Speaking to the characters, I definitely liked Bronte a heck of a lot more than I liked Drew. She was relatable, she was realistic. A broken woman who threw herself into being the best mother to her kid
Aundi-Musings of The Modern Belle
5 Swoony Serenading Crowns

Pics-Art-06-18-06-06-33

Rachel has crafted a beautifully written and emotional Rockstar Romance. Her words will leave you with a warmth in your heart and a smile on your face. This book is a perfect Rom Com that will have you laughing out loud and then swooning all over the place in the next instant.

I just needed her to exist in that moment. I just needed her to breathe me in, while I rested in her.

This book took me by complete surprise in the best way, I was not prepared for how
A Book Obsessed Brit
Surrender was my first venture into the Seaside Pictures world and my main thought was I wish I had caught the series sooner, as I have a lot of books to catch up on now. This book focuses around Bronte a 39 year old single mother to 3 children all 15 and over, she was a young Mum and her life has always been about her kids. When the mentor to her son, rockstar Drew Amhurst shows an interest in spending time with her, how can she possibly turn down her teenage crush and the chance to do somethin ...more
Courtney
Jun 25, 2020 rated it liked it
Surrender is the 4th standalone installment in RVD's Seaside Pictures series. RVD's Seaside and Seaside Pictures are her only two series that I have not read by her. Not sure why since Rockstar romances are my niche but I somehow overlooked this series by her. I am have to say, I think that Rach is one the most diverse authors who can write in multiple genres and succeed so well in each genre.

Surrender is the fourth book in the Seaside Pictures and is to be a standalone. However, coming from som
Elsa Gomes (BookishAurora)
Rate: 4 / 5 stars

Surrender was so good. A really quick read that hits the spot! I love a good rockstar romance and this one was so addicting - it was fun, sexy and sweet.

This was my first book in the series and although there's something important that happened in a previous book regarding our hero, you can still completely read this as a standlone. I gotta say though that now I really want to read everyone else's books.

I adored the aesthetic of this book, their little getaways were so fun! I
Escape into a Booksite
Jun 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kindle
*5 Stars*

ARC kindly received in exchange for an honest review.

I loved Drew and Bronte's story. I really wasn't sure how I would like this book, in terms of, I wasn't sure how I would feel about Drew. Only because of how he was mentioned in the previous book. I should know by now that RVD has the power to make you like any character and fall in love with them.

This was actually a pretty fast book to read, but it packed a punch the whole way through. I really enjoyed getting to know both Drew a
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• Fashion Jungle
  • Rich Prick
  • Make Me Hate You
  • Hooked on Her (Ice Kings, #3)
  • Hard to Handle
  • Wild Highway (Runaway, #2)
  • Winning Hollywood's Goodest Girl (Hollywood, #2)
  • Dear Sexy Ex-Boyfriend
  • A Little Bit Wicked (The Wickeds: Dark Knights at Bayside, #1)
  • Somethin' About That Boy
  • Strike a Chord (Love, Hate, Rock-n-Roll #4)
  • Hidden Gem: A Prologue Novella
  • Tempting Tim (Billingsley #4)
  • The Player Next Door
  • Catch Me When I Fall (Falling Stars #2)
  • Wicked Secret (Wicked Horse Vegas, #7)
  • You Belong With Me (With Me In Seattle, #14)
  • Prince of Hearts (Verona Legacy, #1)
Rachel Van Dyken is the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, and USA Today Bestselling author of regency and contemporary romances.

Hey guys I'm rarely on Goodreads, if you need to reach me feel free to email!
EMAIL ME: rachelvandykenauthor@gmail.com

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rachel-...

Seaside Pictures (4 books)
  • Capture (Seaside Pictures, #1)
  • Keep (Seaside Pictures, #2)
  • Steal (Seaside Pictures, #3)