Start by marking “Show Stopper” as Want to Read:
Show Stopper

Show Stopper

(Chicago First Responders #1)

The first time they meet it’s by chance.

The second is surely a coincidence.

The third...it’s either destiny or he’s a stalker.

Renee Hamilton has a thing against men in uniform. In her experience, they play hard, lie harder. Marco Rossi has a thing for feisty brunette women with a backbone and a smart mouth, especially one in particular who's playing hard to get.

She’s fierce
Published August 31st 2020 by BJ Harvey

To ask other readers questions about Show Stopper, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Show Stopper

Start your review of Show Stopper
Lana ❇✾DG Romance❇✾
4 STARS
I always said I wanted a show stopper. Something tells me, I may have just found one.

Who is this person that just melted in a swooning pile of goo over a sweet and angst-free romance? I have no idea who this bitch is. I don't know her. I'm seriously questioning my entire existence right now and I am not ok, okay?! I. Am. Not. OK.

You guys. This book. *happy wiggle* It was just so stinking cute.

Now if you know me or follow my reviews, you know I don't gravitate towards sweet rom
Jessica Alcazar

OMG .. My bad! This book released two days ago and I am just now reading over my notes to tell you guys all about it! *runs* #badblogger!!

Okay, enough about me, lets talk about this delicious morsel of greatness!! BJ hit the swoon happy sigh factor out of the park with Show Stopper! There is a lot of fun to be had between these pages but if you’ve read this author in the past, I’m not telling something you don’t already know. The one-liners alone were epic enough to have me smiling from ear
Valeen Robertson (Live Thru Books Blog)

Amazon / Apple Books / B&N / Kobo

Renee doesn't need a man, especially one in a uniform. But Marco meets her as she's showing him and his sister a house, and she knocks his world off its axis.

I was already intrigued to begin with, and now more than ever, I can't wait to find out more about the brunette goddess. I've always said I wanted a show stopper. Something tells me, I may have just found one.
Marco and his family are persistent and Renee's finding it hard to remember why
* A review copy was provided by the author *

~ 5 Lieutenant Stars ~

Well we’re off to a great start with this new series by BJ Harvey.

Show Stopper was a fun, sexy and entertaining story!! I loved every word. I have to say Marco totally stole my heart in this book!! I even loved Renee...she was the perfect match for Marco.

This book is a light hearted and low angst story. If you are looking for that book for a lazy sunday or lighten your spirits, this is the book to read. BJ Harvey is the queen of l
Melissa B (bookaddict_fanatic)
5 "Respect. Honor. Love" Stars

Oh my, this book is amazing! I loved the Cook Brothers but holy hotness these Rossi men sure know how to make you melt with their swoon-worthy ways. I literally had a smile on my face from beginning to end because I enjoyed every moment of this story.

"The one who makes me want to buy a ticket because I know deep in my bones that if I play my cards right, she might just be the headline act for the rest of my life. "

Marco Rossi may be many things... sexy, determined,
TheGuideToRomanceNovels
Aug 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
project_20200716_1050443_0
What a sweet start to a new but familiar Series, full REVIEW on my BLOG -> CLICK HERE
Steph (A Brunette and Her Books)
Always love BJ’s stories, and this one was no different. Characters were well developed and I was thoroughly enjoying the plot

E.
Aug 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
What a great book from this Author. This is my first one from this Author. It is well written and easy to read. I am looking forward for the next book from this author.
Escape into a Booksite
Aug 17, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle
*4 Stars*

ARC kindly received in exchange for an honest review.

This was a really nice and easy read. No real angst, and just see lovely characters that we got to discover. Renee and Marco are perfect for each other, even though Renee has some past issues holding her back from things.

I enjoyed the banter between the two of them, and the ease of things in each others presence. There are also some great secondary characters in this, some we already know, and some that I can't wait to get to know
Elena
Aug 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
I heard more about Marco from Skye's story and although he played the protective brother in that book I did not imagine him to be that sweet! Don't get me wrong, he's still got that manly alpha way about him that gets me dreamy every single time.

When it comes to the relationship between he H and h, I quite liked that Renee had a problem with a man in uniform and specifically him because it made Marco fight even more for her. I usually have a problem with someone taking another person for grante
✰  BJ's Book Blog ✰Janeane ✰
Copy received from author for an honest review

I feel like it has been forever since we have had a BJ Harvey story hit our kindles. I know it hasn't been that long - but then again 2020 has been about eleventy-three years long already.

We have briefly met Marco Rossi in the Cook brothers books, but it is fine if you dive right into this new spin off series.

After reading a few darker, more angsty books lately, Show Stopper was just what I needed this week.

I freaking LOVE Marco Rossi. I need one of
Erin Lewis
Sep 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
5 star Review Show Stopper (Chicago First Responders #1) by B.J. Harvey
Book one in the latest series from B.J.Harvey and if Show Stopper is anything to go by, them Ms. Harvey has another winning series on her hands. This is firefighter Marco Rossi and Renee Hamilton’s story and it ticked all the boxes for me.
This was an entertaining read that drew me in and had me riveted from the first to the last chapter. I really liked Marco when he first appeared in the Cook Brothers series and this book ha
Kari Hansen
Sep 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Marco is the perfect package as he is close to his family, a loyal friend and a protector as evidenced by his career as a fireman. Chance may have brought him and Renee together but once he meets her he knows that she is special and wants her in his life and now he just has to convince her.

Renee has forged a career as a realtor through hard work and perseverance. She has been burnt by love in the past and doesn’t want to go down that path again however she is about to find out how charming and i
Brandi
Aug 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
BJ Harvey knows how to write a hero that'll make you swoon and a heroine that'll make you stand up and take notice.
Some may even call her a Show Stopper.

I love this world. I love how it's a standalone, but there are cameos made by characters from previous books (heeeelllloooooo Ezra!). It give everything a small-town feel, even if it's taking place in Chicago.

These are the kinds of friends and family I want in my life.

Marco is the kind of guy I want rescuing me when I need it.
Renee is the b
Nerdy Dirty & Flirty
Aug 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
description
It’s three a.m. and I have no regrets. I started reading late because I thought, hey, I’ll just get a feel for the characters and then I’ll put it down until tomorrow. As you can see, that didn’t happen. I started reading and I couldn’t stop until I’d read the last words on the page.

I love Harvey’s books and I’m always excited for each release but there was something about this one, I don’t know what it was but I was beyond eager to get my hands on it. Let me tell you, I was not disappointed! Th
Gwen Smith-leak
Shelves: done
Renee is a sassy real estate agent . Marco is a firefight wih a lot of his family. . One showing and she land right ion top of him when he come to few the house. What a good first meet. He gave his phone number , she didn’t use he was there with someone else.. Later finds out it was sister. . Renee was not Gung ho on man in uniform she had been burned. They met again and he was so nice . They had some chemistry. Marco know that Renee make him feel things he never felt before.. I like all the oth ...more
Melissa Machado
Aug 23, 2020 rated it really liked it
This story was incredibly cute. Marco is the definition of a swoony hero and he's not overly alpha either. He's just enough to show his loyal, strong, protective side. I liked how persistent he was when it came to what he wanted. Renee was strong, smart, independent, and witty with a dash of sass. I thought these two had great chemistry and I really enjoyed their banter. There were no childish games or unnecessary drama.They were couple goals; sweet, sexy, fun, honest, and so much more.

The stor
Renee at Book Happiness
Sep 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
OH MY GOD I just loved every minute of this book... Such a great story... I picked this up and I could barely put it down,

This story has it all. Sexy hot times, slow burn. Hot freaking fireman.. OH MY

I Just love this author and always cant wait for the next book. Once I got this into my hot little hands one would have thought that the world stopped turning just so I could read this...

I cant wait to read more in this series

Danny Jeffery
Sep 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
This was a really fun start to this new First Responders series. It was a really easy read and just a perfect escape to the current climate. It was sweet and sexy and had an edge of drama towards the end. I really enjoyed this book and look forward to the next one!
Donna
Aug 20, 2020 rated it really liked it

Oh God! I loved this book, I so need and missed this authors words and to say I'm excited that I still get to see glimpses, of the Cook family and Co. I totally love how the series all interlink and flow together.

Marco is to die for and I love how he met his match and Renee quite literally put him on his arse. Renee for me is a total firecracker, please forgive the pun. She makes him feel things he never thought that he would find and he makes her feel scared because she vowed never to
Brittany
Aug 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
*Sigh* Oh Marco, you absolute stud!

Look, I come from a family of fire fighters. And NONE of them are the hot guy firefighters. They are the dad bod type. So reading about hot ones, always a plus!

Marco was so bloody amazing with Renee. I just loved how sweet this whole books was. BJ Harvey is one of my go to authors when I need something I know is going to give me feel good vibes. 10/10 recommend.
Natalie Miernicki
Aug 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Loved it... so glad we're getting a spin off to the wonderful Cook brothers series, as there were so many side characters that deserved to have their stories told. Marco is a firefighter... say no more! HOT damn, he was literally bowled over by Renee but she certainly made him fight for her affections! Light hearted banter, steamy scenes and a few intense moments made this another fabulous string to miss Harvey's bow. So excited to see what's coming next!!
Christine~justlovemybooks.com blog~
Aug 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs
5 Stars!
This was my first book from this author, and I loved everything about it!
This book was amazing in many ways AND I'm thrilled I found a new author to read. Show Stopper is a spin-off of one of B.J.'s series.' She has many books that are interconnected stand-alone and I am definitely going to be checking them out. One of my favorite aspects of any novel are secondary characters. If written well, they can make the book greater. If not, then focus is only on the main H/h and as a result the
~lil maso~
Sep 02, 2020 rated it really liked it
4 1/2 stars
Ah, the First Responders get their stories now! I was so pleased to know Marco Rossi was getting his story first, that dreamboat! Oh, what a hunk! I can honestly say I was really excited to open this book up and it sure didn’t disappoint. Having favorite characters come back into this series as well was a total blast.

Marco... as you might have been able to tell from my first paragraph... was a honey, an alpha, and at times overprotective one but a sweetheart nevertheless. Renee Hamilt
Stephannie Tolitsky- Swoonworthybooks/EnticingJourney
The first time they meet it’s by chance.

The second is surely a coincidence.

The third...it’s either destiny or he’s a stalker.

She’s fiercely independent and wants better for herself.
He loves helping people so much it’s literally his job.

Worst case scenario, they
Up All Night With Books
Aug 31, 2020 rated it really liked it
4 Stars
Review by Meaghan
Late Night Reviewer
Up All Night w/ Books Blog

Show Stopper is the start of a new spin off series “Chicago First Responders” by B.J. Harvey. Whilst reader’s have been introduced to Marco in the “Cook Brothers” series, this book can absolutely be read as a standalone. In what is possibly the best meet-cute I have ever read, this one has Renee falling down the stairs right into Marco’s arms and them tumbling to the ground.

Marco is a lieutenant working in the Chicago fire depa
MJ
Aug 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2020-books, arc
Show Stopper is a sweet and sexy read. BJ Harvey has written the beginning of a new series, featuring the Rossi clan and their friends and family. Full of mirth and the requisite witty banter Harvey is now known for, Renee Hamilton and Marco Rossi make the best kind of couple. There is a delicious chemistry right from the start as they literally fall for one another in front of one of Renee's showings and boy do they both make an impression on the other.

There is a decided game of cat and mouse w
Robyn Corcoran
Sep 01, 2020 rated it really liked it

4 1/2 stars
Ah, the First Responders get their stories now! I was so pleased to know Marco Rossi was getting his story first, that dreamboat! Oh what a hunk! I can honestly say I was really excited to open this book up and it sure didn’t disappoint. Having favourite characters come back into this series as well was a total blast.

Ria Alexander  - Reading Is Our Satisfaction
Firefighter deliciousness

SHOW STOPPER
was a delicious read from the very first page. I mean this book was fun, sweet, romantic and light-hearted. BJ Harvey certainly knows how to write a romance. From the moment Renee Hamilton literally fell into the arms of Marco Rossi, I knew that this story was going to be one fun ride ... I wasn't wrong.

Marco Rossi ... what can I say about Marco? He is ABSOLUTE PERFECTION - sexy, alpha, romantic, protective, a gentleman and oh so swoonworthy. He's definitely
JoAnna G
Sep 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
This is book one in three Chicago First Responders. It is also the dame world as the Cook Brothers. I love spin-offs. This book was really fun to read. I love me reading about a man in uniform and did I mention that a firefighter is my favorite? This is Renee and Marco’s book

I loved Renee’s independence and fire in life. She is not a fan of fireman because hse has been burned. No pun intended. She is a firecracker. I loved her and I feel like women can relate to her. She felt real. Marco is a fi
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• One Beautiful Promise (Very Irresistible Bachelors, #4)
  • Only One Kiss (Only One, #1)
  • Playing it Cool (Portwood Brothers, #1)
  • Ezekiel (Love in Bitter Run, #1)
  • Chains (Savage Saints MC, #8)
  • Timber's Line (Chicken Fried Love, #3)
  • Airtight: Forbidden MFMM Collection
  • The Boyfriend Effect (Frisky Business, Book 1)
  • Bitter Prince (Oakwood Boys, #3)
  • Kane (Arizona Vengeance, #8)
  • Dark Arts (Society of Ancient Magic Book 1)
  • Tattooed And Taken: Box Set
  • Claimed By The British Rockstar: An Instalove Possessive Alpha Romance (A Man Who Knows What He Wants Book 184)
  • All For The Best (Book 5) (Nothing For One Love)
  • Darkest (The Boyne Club, #3)
  • Taken (The Everyday Heroes World)
  • Gunnar
  • The Billionaire Prince’s Single Mother (Sovalon Royals Book 3)
BJ Harvey is the USA Today Bestselling Author of the Bliss Series. She also regards herself as a smut peddler, suspense conjurer and a funny romance thinker upper.

An avid music fan, you will always find her singing some hit song badly but loving every minute of it. She’s a wife, a mom to two beautiful girls, and hails from what she considers as the best country in the world—New Zealand. Currently

Chicago First Responders (2 books)
  • Life Changer (Chicago First Responders Book 2)